那些是我的窗户
those were my windows.
我20岁之前的青少年时期
I spent all my adolescence, until I was 20,
都会打开窗 看着那地平线
opening the windows and looking at the horizon,
尽可能地往远处看 因为我们村庄很小
trying to see as far as possible, because my village was small
我真的想尽可能地走远
and I really wished to go as far as possible.
比萨城的兽医大学...
The veterinary university was in Pisa...
离潘扎诺有一百公里
100 kilometers from Panzano.
在比萨城 我是一名渴望知识的学生
In Pisa, I was a student with an excessive desire for knowledge.
每一天我都在学习成为一名兽医
Every day I studied to be a vet.
我的生活很平静 充满着希望
I was living a peaceful life, filled with many hopes.
学习持续了一年
That lasted for a year.
有一天 我正在学习 我妹妹打电♥话♥给我
One day, I was studying, and my sister called me.
她告诉我 "爸爸生病了 他们把他送去医院了"
She told me, "Dad is sick. They're bringing him to the hospital."
我非常非常爱我的父亲
The love I had for my father was so strong
直到最后...
that I couldn't believe it...
我都无法相信
until the end.
爸爸将所有的钱都花在了救治我妈妈身上...
My dad spent all of our family's money to cure my mother...
我是家里最后的希望
and I was the last hope for the family.
我明白 是时候肩负起...
I understood it was the moment to put on my shoulders...
不仅是家族传统
not only the family tradition,
而且是整个家的重担了
but the family, too.
我人生所有的希望
All the hopes I had for my life,
我选择成为一名兽医 离开肉店的愿望
my choice to study to be a veterinarian, of leaving the butcher shop,
都随着爸爸的去世一起离开了
died with my dad.
我做不了那个拯救动物的人了
I won't be the one that saves the animals.
我要成为宰杀动物的人
I will be someone who kills animals.
那感觉就像是我也死了
The feeling was that I had died, too.
不错的脂肪层
A nice layer of fat.
这个...
This...
这个是最难的部分...
This is the hardest part...
宰杀动物
killing an animal.
这对我来说是最困难的部分
It's the most difficult part for me.
我们尽力减少动物的痛苦
We're trying to make it as painless as possible.
但是死亡就是痛苦的
But death is painful.
♪ 我会握着你的手 ♪
♪ I'll hold your hand there ♪
♪ 你会答应我 ♪
♪ And there you'll say yes ♪
♪ 我们会远走 我们走吧 我的爱人 ♪
♪ And we'll go away Let's go, my love ♪
♪ 我会 我不会 我的内心在颤抖 ♪
♪ I would and I would not It's trembling ♪
我在潘扎诺留下了很多美好的记忆
I had really beautiful memories in Panzano,
尤其是与家人齐聚在肉铺的时候
especially at the butcher shop when the family was all together.
但是 当我回去时...
But when I returned...
那里却有一种难以置信的空虚
there was an incredible void.
我讨厌一早起来就要开始工作...
I hated waking up in the morning and being forced...
来拼命挣钱
to earn money.
但最糟糕的是我根本挣不到钱
But the worst thing is that I wasn't able to earn money.
而且一月不如一月
Every month it was a little worse.
没人教我怎么当屠夫
No one was here to teach me how to be a butcher.
当我开始切割牛肉时
When I tried to cut the beef,
在我眼前的就只是一头死牛
all I could see was the dead cow.
而且我还会切到自己的手
And I would cut my own hands.
我手上的每一道刀疤都像是扇在我自尊上的一记耳光
Every strike of the knife on my hands was like a slap at my dignity.
被顾客看到我缠着绷带的手 让我觉得很丢人
I felt ashamed being seen by the customers with my hands all bandaged.
我会想 "我是切奇尼家最后的传人了
I would think, "You're the last of the Cecchini.
难道我想因为自己手艺不精
Do you want the tradition of all of the generations to end...
而让一代代先辈们积累的传统消失殆尽吗"
because you're not capable of being a butcher?"
我觉得自己像是在监牢之中
I felt as if I was in a prison.
而我的牢房♥ 名叫切奇尼肉店
And my prison was called Macelleria Cecchini.
数清楚 一定是24个才行
Count them. There must be 24.
在我父亲去世之前 他告诉我
Before dying, my dad told me,
"任何时候你需要帮助
"If you ever need help,
去找奥兰多 他会帮你的"
find Orlando and he'll show you the way."
于是 我就去找了奥兰多
So, I went looking for Orlando.
奥兰多是帮我父亲挑选肉的师♥傅♥
Orlando was the meat selector for my dad.
他变成了我的老师
He became my teacher.
这些能激发食客们的食欲
These will be sugar for the clients' palates.
是的
Yes.
他非常努力地工作
He was trying to do his best,
但他缺乏经验
but he didn't have a lot of experience.
掌控局面的能力很重要
It was a matter of taking control of the situation.
有一天 在我切肉的时候
One day, when I was cutting the meat,
我跟他说 "对我来说 切开动物的身体实在是太令我痛苦了"
I told him, "For me, to butcher an animal is a great pain."
奥兰多用一只手向我比划
Orlando started making gestures with one hand.
他说 "你不明白
He said, "You don't understand.
这不仅仅是在切肉"
It's not just about cutting meat."
第二天 他带我去了农户们的家中...
The next day, he took me to the houses of farmers...
以便让我明白他的意思
to show me what he meant.
他说 "从动物出生开始
He said, "When an animal is born,
我们必须尽可能给予它们最好的生活
we must try to give it the best life possible.
当动物死在我们手中时
And when the animal dies by our hand,
我们也要尊重它们所给予我们的礼物
we try to respect the gift of the animal.
你面对的是一条生命
You're handling a piece of life.
这点你永远不能忘记"
You have to never forget that."
我之前从未这样想过
I never thought this way,
从未想过屠夫的工作
that the butcher has a path in life
不是脱离动物单独存在的
not detached from the animals,
而是与动物息息相关
but beside them.
第二天 我穿上屠夫围裙
The next day, I put on the butcher apron,
然后再也没有脱下来
and I never took it off again.
这头牛真是太优秀了
This one is exceptional.
-看看 多美的动物啊 -是在说它的形体 对吗
- Look, what a beautiful animal. - The structure, right?
太美了
Beautiful.
我们应该带它回家
We should take it home.
带着吧 把它带回家吧
Take it. Let's bring it home.
有了奥兰多
With Orlando,
我的工作开始有了意义
my work started to have meaning.
我努力去尊重动物们给予我们的礼物
I was trying to respect the gift of the animal.
但是还有个问题
But there was a problem.
顾客们只是想要里脊或肋排
Customers didn't want anything except a filet or steak.
我没法把整头动物都卖♥♥出去
I wasn't able to sell the whole animal.
我觉得只为了得到肋排或里脊肉而宰杀一只动物是很不好的行为
I don't think it's right to kill an animal just for a steak or a filet.
我试着把我的想法告诉顾客
I tried to explain this to my customers,
但是他们并不在意
but they cared less and less.
我在寻找一个解决办法
I was looking for a solution.
于是我说 "做到不浪费的唯一方法
So I said, "The only way to not waste anything
就是把它们做成食物 让顾客们理解"
is to put the food on the plate and make them understand."
智慧的火花被点燃了
The spark ignited.
我要教会大家如何用这些部位做出美味佳肴
I was going to teach people how to eat well.
我决定开我的第一家餐厅 名字叫做"只食肉"
I decided to open Solociccia, "Just Meat," my first restaurant.
我开始制♥作♥我们家的私房♥菜...
I started to cook the menu of my family...
都是用被认为无用的动物身体部位制♥作♥而成的
made with all parts of the animal which are considered less noble.
包括拱嘴 到牛尾
From snout to tail,
蹄髈 牛腱等各个部位...
legs, tendons, everything...
除了牛排
but no steak.
人们起初都会感到困惑
People were really confused at first.
在牛排天堂 你别无选择
At Solociccia, you had no choice in the matter.
你不能只吃牛排
You couldn't just eat steak.
你坐下来
You sit down,
发现摆在你面前的是
And what comes is a
一节香肠 里面还有一颗眼珠子瞪着你
sausage with an eyeball staring back at you.
想想都觉得可怕
It's scary!
这跟你原本预想过
These are not things
要吃的美食完全不一样
that you would have ever considered eating.
但是 当肉触碰到味蕾那一刻
But when you taste the meat,
你之前从未感受过的美味
Your mouth starts to feel
瞬间从你的嘴里荡漾开来
Flavors and tastes that you have never felt before.
恐惧不再
The larger fear dissolves,
而美味即刻在你的味蕾里绽放
and you're just deliciously surprised.
人们离开的时候 变化早已悄然而至
People leave and they're changed.
人们从世界各地纷至沓来
People started to come to Panzano from all over the world.
接受达里奥的洗礼后
And they've gone back to their
剧集 | 主厨的餐桌(2015) | 导航列表