阿诗玛做了一道香料水酱酥炸球 我从未吃过
Asma presented me with a puchka, which I've never had before,
那是一种加尔各答街头小吃
a little Calcuttan street snack.
我立刻爱上了它 我知道她肯定有一手
I was immediately taken by it, and I knew that there's something there.
我真的很困惑
I really had doubts.
第一次看到酒吧厨房♥时 我真的惊呆了
The first time I saw the pub kitchen, I was so shocked,
里面有一半的家什 我都不认识
because I didn't even know what half the things were.
我从未见过那么大的煎锅 甚至可以用来炸自己
I'd never seen a big fryer like that. I could fry myself in it.
一切都很可怕 一切都令人生畏
It was all a bit scary. Everything was intimidating.
最初那几天 真叫一塌糊涂
The first few days, it was chaotic.
我走进厨房♥ 那情况...
I went into the kitchen and it was...
就好像刚发生过爆♥炸♥一样
it was like an explosion had gone in there.
有点像灾难现场
It was a bit of a disaster.
她习惯做家庭式的晚餐俱乐部
She was used to making a family-style supper club.
所以这是一个巨大的改变
So it was a big change for them.
我们所有人都是家庭厨师
All of us were home cooks.
我们完全没有头绪 像疯了一样手忙脚乱
We had absolutely no clue, were scrambling around like mad.
有时候我们的食物不够了
Sometimes we ran out of food.
顾客们会非常生气
The guests were really genuinely angry.
这非常尴尬
It was very embarrassing.
我感觉像是让所有人失望了
I felt that I was letting everyone down.
很多人说我应该找一名专业厨师
A lot of people said I should get a professional chef.
我做不到
I couldn't do it.
我不想让这些女人觉得
I didn't want these women to feel
她们的努力不被重视
that their effort had been taken for granted.
如果你站在悬崖边
If you stand at the edge of the mountain
你认为自己能飞 那你真的就能
and you think you're going to fly, you will.
只有你认为自己会摔下来时 才会摔下来
You will only fall if you think you're going to fall.
失败不是一个选项
Losing was not an option.
每一场战斗我都想赢
I go into every battle to win.
我不知道我该怎么做 属于就随机应变了
I didn't know how I was gonna do it, so I winged it.
我开始跟顾客交流
I started talking to customers.
我花了很多时间道歉
I spent a lot of time apologizing.
当食物不够时 我会写"我欠你"的欠条
And when food ran out, I used to write "I owe you" vouchers.
"下一次坦格拉对虾免费 我欠你的"
"Free Tangra prawn for next time. I owe you."
与此同时 我们也有所长进
We all learned at the same time.
我们学会了一心多用 把食物做出来
We learned how to multitask and get the food out.
这是一种不同的训练
This was a different kind of training.
人们开始注意到她的食物
People were starting to take notice of her food.
我们开始变得忙碌
We were starting to get busier.
你可以看到她们整个团队的成长
You could see them grow as a team.
厨房♥的凝聚力非常强
The bond within that kitchen was very strong.
我们接待了"伦敦晚报"的费伊·玛诗勒
Then we get Fay Maschler from the Evening Standard.
她过来庆祝自己的七十大寿
She'd come in on her 70th birthday.
我告诉阿诗玛 "费伊来了 这可不得了"
I mentioned to Asma, "Look, Fay's here. This is a big thing."
阿诗玛 跟她平常一样 直接走向费伊开始聊天
Asma, in her usual way, went straight up to Fay and started talking.
我有点担心 这可能有点太过了
I was a little concerned this could be a bit too much.
一周之后 费伊的文章登报了
A week later, Fay's article came out.
这... 轰动了全城
It was... spectacular.
从那时起 生意就红火起来了
From there, it exploded.
有很多人排队
There were queues of people.
这改变了一切
It changed everything.
有一晚 我们忙得不得了
One night, we had a very, very busy service.
我们为很多人提供了食物
We managed to feed a lot of people.
我的一名女厨转过来跟我说
One of my women turned around and told me,
"我们就像是专业厨师
"We're just like professional chefs.
我们在做同样的事"
We're doing the same thing."
大家一下子沉默了
There was just silence in the group.
我们都意识到 "没错 我们和大厨一样"
We all realized, "Yes, we're just like them."
人们看着我们...
People were watching us...
我们运筹帷幄
and we were in control.
所以 我闭上眼睛 想象自己在飞翔
So, I closed my eyes and I imagined myself flying.
我非常 非常幸运
I am very, very lucky.
我家的伙食不止依靠于我的收入
The meal on my table is not dependent on my income alone.
但是 所有这些女人 都在支撑着家乡的亲人
But all these women, they're supporting families back home.
所以 当我开了"大吉岭快车"时
So, when I opened Darjeeling Express,
我没有让任何人辞掉她们的工作
I didn't let any of them resign from their positions.
最初几个月很艰难
The first few months were hard.
所有人都还在其他地方有工作
Everybody was still working somewhere else.
慢慢地 一个接一个
Over time, one by one,
她们开始减少保姆的轮班
they started cutting back on their nanny shifts,
开始辞职
giving their notices.
当最后一个人辞掉工作 全职加入我们时
When the last person quit their job and joined us full-time,
那就是我插上旗帜的那一刻
that was my moment when I put the flag in the sand.
在餐厅如此努力工作的人
The people who were working so hard in the restaurant,
她们回到家了
they had come home.
开餐厅时 所有的东西都是我亲自挑选的
When the restaurant happened, I selected everything.
从地砖的颜色到蓝色的墙面 甚至是植物
From the color of the tile to the blue on the walls, even the plants.
我想要一个开放式厨房♥ 因为我想让大家看到
I wanted to have an open kitchen because I wanted people to see
烹饪食物的双手
the hands that cooked the food,
赞美我的厨房♥的灵魂
just celebrate the soul of my kitchen.
现在 人们都走向我的女厨 忽视掉我
Now, people are walking up to my women, ignoring me,
然后说 "非常感谢 那顿饭很美味"
and saying, "Thank you very much. That was a great meal."
我看着这些女人 从容地说...
I was watching these women, so blasé...
"不客气 很高兴您喜欢我们的食物"
"You're very welcome. So glad you liked the meal."
她们在掌控着厨房♥
They've taken ownership of the kitchen.
这个餐厅是我的 也是她们的
This restaurant is theirs, as much as mine.
"大吉岭特快车"是女性的绿洲
The Darjeeling Express is an oasis for women.
我看着这些女性成长...
I've watched these women grow...
昂首挺胸地站着...
stand tall...
充满骄傲...
be proud...
当别的女性支持她们时就会如此
This is what happens to women when other women stand by them.
好了 把黄色那个也放在这里
Okay, and put the yellow one here also.
好了 另外一个黄色的放在接头的地方
Okay, and the other yellow one over there in the joint.
嗯
Yeah.
我妈妈支持我
My mother stood by me.
她教会我如何烹饪
She taught me how to cook.
我想做一些能让她昂首挺胸的事情
I wanted to do things that would make her hold her head up high.
因为我知道 我出生时她很艰难
Because I know that it was hard for her when I was born.
现在她非常 非常为我骄傲
And now she's very, very proud of me.
她告诉全世界 整个世界...
She tells the whole world, the whole world...
但是 我还想做得更多
Yet, I still feel I want to do something more.
我有机会创建一个慈善机构
I've had a chance to start a charity.
这个慈善机构的目的是为了庆祝第二个女儿的出生
The aim of this charity is to celebrate the birth of second daughters.
我们出资举办派对
We pay for a party.
购买♥♥糖果...
We pay for sweets...
和烟花
and fireworks.
这是一个响亮的宣告
It's a loud proclamation.
它传递了一个信息
It says something.
如果你觉得自己不受欢迎 自己没有得到平等对待...
If you think that you are unwanted, that you are not equal...
那就主动带来光明
you could bring light.
因为你无所不能
You can do anything.
剧集 | 主厨的餐桌(2015) | 导航列表