A toast.
献给这位忠实的管家 真正的绅士
To a fine butler, a true gentleman
和... -拜托
and... -Please.
Brophy神父 差不多行了
Father Brophy, I think that's quite enough.
啊 Bindler先生 喝点热红酒吗
Ah, Mr Bindler. Mulled wine?
晚餐前就喝热红酒么 真是乡味浓厚啊 来点吧
Mulled wine BEFORE dinner! How exquisitely rural! Yes, please.
您的调查开花结果了吗?
Are your investigations bearing fruit?
Greenshaw是个令人喜爱的家庭
The Greenshaws are a fascinating family.
他们的果实都长得很低矮
The fruit hangs low on the bough.
简直就是手到拿来
All one has to do is pick it.
谢谢
Thank you.
所以 大家准备什么时候来Boreham剧院?
So, when is everyone coming to Boreham Theatre?
万一我哪天红了 你们还可以想起我以前的样子
Think what it will be like when I'm famous, to say you saw me in an early role.
那些拍电影的明星们能赚不少钱吧?
Those film stars earn good money,don't they?
我只是想演好戏而已 先生
I'm a classical actor, sir.
我没什么想成为明星的野心
I have no ambition to be a film star.
靠演舞台剧可以维生吗 Fletcher先生?
Can one make a living on the stage, Mr Fletcher?
二流演员怕是不行了
Well, not in a Number Two Tour, no.
有时候报酬少的我都想建个慈善机构
The rewards are so meagre that I've often considered setting up a charity,
来维持收支平衡 就像你一样 神父
like yours, Father, just to make ends meet.
噢 劝你再考虑考虑 这完全
Oh, I say, steady on, there's no.
不不不 我不是那个意思
No, no, I didn't mean that.
只是演员有时候跟孤儿挺像的 仅此而已
Just that actors and orphans have a lot in common, that's all.
对 但孤儿比演员更需要关注和爱心对吧
Yes, but I rather think that orphans are rather more deserving of our generosity than actors.
好吧 我既是演员又是孤儿 所以两者我都支持
Well, since I am both, I stand to profit either way.
怎么了 -鬼 是那个鬼
What is it? -The ghost! The ghost!
在哪儿?
Where?
没事儿了 亲爱的
It's all right, darling.
我想你俩都不介意来杯热可可吧
I thought you could both do with a nice cup of cocoa.
哦 谢谢
Oh, thank you,
啊 那个是Bindler先生的小零食
Uh! That's Mr Bindler's bedtime snack.
哎 现在还不能喝 太烫
Ah. Not yet. It's too hot.
我的天哪!
Oh, my God!
Bindler先生人呢?
But where is Mr Bindler?
早安 -安不了啊 Marple小姐
Good morning. -I wish it was, Miss Marple,
Bindler昨晚失踪了
but Mr Bindler has vanished in the night,
房♥间里被弄的一团糟 我还得去收拾
leaving me with a shocking awful mess to clear up.
我昨晚又看见鬼了
I saw the ghost again last night.
同一个? 那个面色苍白的鬼?
The same one? Pale and cloaked?
你的确很勇敢 Archie
I do think you're brave, Archie.
所以你真不知道他们都来自哪儿?
So you really have no idea who they're from?
哦 多漂亮的百合啊
Oh, what beautiful lilies!
准确的说是 微红百合
Lilium rubellum, to be precise.
Louisa有个秘密的仰慕者
Louisa has a secret admirer.
看起来今天每个人都有礼物啊 Archie
It looks like there are presents for everyone today. Archie.
来自托儿所的 还未拆封
From the nursery. Unopened.
一套箭术装备
An archery set.
拿出去随便玩吧
Take it out and shoot something!
谢谢
Thank you.
别走远了 -他又伤不到谁
Stay near the house. -He can't do any harm.
喝点饮料提提神
The cup that cheers.
他的火炉没点
His fire hasn't been lit.
昨晚我想给他点来着 但Bindler先生直接让我出去了
I tried to light it last night, but Mr Bindler threw me out on my ear.
说他暖和得很
Said he was perfectly warm.
可昨晚明明很冷的
It was such a cold night.
Cresswell女士 您不打算去开门吗?
Oughtn't you to answer that, Mrs Cresswell?
哎 这以前是归Cracken负责的
Yes, well, that used to be Mr Cracken's duty.
估计我要开始慢慢适应这些事儿了
I suppose I ought to get used to that now.
又多一件破事儿要我来管了
Just one more ruddy thing to think about.
这个有机化学物可以产生一种预防...
The production of this organic compound is thought to be a natural defence against...
真奇怪
That is odd.
你把压纸器拿走了吗 Louisa? -没有啊
Did you move the paperweight, Louisa? -I...No.
打扰了Greenshaw女士 Brophy神父想要见您
Excuse me, Miss Greenshaw. Father Brophy is here to see you.
啊
Huh...
她竟然让你离开工作室了 难得呀
She let you out, then? That's unusual.
呃
Mm...
Brophy神父来了
Father Brophy.
又过来劝捐善款了吧?
Oh. Come to rattle his collecting tin?
估计一时半会讲不完
A rather large one, I'd say.
真没用!
Rubbish!
是有关St Faith的事情
It's regarding St Faith's.
您昨晚对Fletcher先生说的一番话
Your remark to Mr Fletcher last night
什么孤儿更需要关注之类的... -神父啊
that an orphan's hand might be more deserving than... -Father...
想想那些孩子
Remember the children.
我会的 还有你的赌债以及酒吧里欠下的钱
I will. Along with your gambling debts and bar bills.
每分钱都会花在最迫切需呀它的人们身上
Every penny would go to those that most need it.
你上次答应的好好的
You promised me that the last time.
说在我离开之后会好好打理St Faith
St Faith's will be taken care of, after I'm gone.
但如果你现在可以慷慨解囊的话...
But if you could release some funds now...
别白日做梦了 Brophy神父
The answer is no, Father Brophy!
进去吧
In you go.
要走了吗 神父? -正要去巴士站点
Oh. Are you off, Father? -Just heading for the bus stop.
上来吧 我和Archie正要去剧院
Hop in with us. Archie and I are going to the theatre.
是你? 你怎么找到我的?
You? How did you find me?
都怪你错误的判断 Parsons 你害了我!
Damn your eyes, Parsons. You've double-crossed me!
我们地狱里再见吧!
I'll see you in hell for this!
Lambert 这一刻你等很久了吧!
You'll be waiting a long time, Lambert!
这是Fletcher -喂?
Here's Mr Fletcher... -Hello?
是的 我想问一下
Yes, I wonder,
你这有没有一个叫Horace Bindler的记者在Clarion工作?
do you have a reporter called Horace Bindler working at the Clarion?
不 我捡到他的笔记本了 想还给他
No, I've found his notebook, I'm trying to return it to him.
你们有个叫Horace Lethbridge的?
You have a Horace Lethbridge?
是的 身材矮小但衣着整洁
Yes. Dapper, certainly.
系了个领结是吗?
Does he wear a bow-tie?
嗯 我能跟他说句话吗?
Well, could I speak to him, please?
你根本没见过他?
You haven't seen him at all?
他昨天被派去'复♥制♥档案'了!
He was due to 'file copy' yesterday!
好的 非常感谢
Yes, thank you so much.
我们在您身上打了个赌呢 Marple小姐
We've been running a sweepstake, Miss Marple.
赌要过多久 您才肯在此露面
The boys have been taking bets on how long it would be before you put in an appearance here.
那太遗憾了 -此话怎讲?
Oh, that is a pity. -Why?
聚众参赌是犯法的 你知道的吧
Book-making for cash is, as you know, illegal,
我可不想哪天你们被人家发现了 那可麻煩了
and I'd hate to think of the trouble your officers would be in when the authorities find out.
行了行了
Now hang on, just a...
我来是希望你帮我一个忙
I'd like you to do something for me.
什么忙? -验尸
And what would that be? -A postmortem.
您不是还没死么 Marple小姐
But you're still alive, Miss Marple.
我们只为死人验尸 -很好
We generally reserve postmortems for dead people. -Very good.
但如果死者死的蹊跷的话 想必可以破例一次吧
But you can order a postmortem if the death is held to be suspicious.
是谁的死有蹊跷呢?
And whose death is held to be suspicious?
Walter Cracken
Walter Cracken's.
一个喝得烂醉的人从梯子上摔下来
A heavily drunk man falling from a ladder
我们通常不觉得他的死别有蹊跷
isn't what we regard as suspicious circumstances.
但我们如何确定他的确喝醉了呢?
But can we be sure he was drunk?
唯有验尸才能证明
A postmortem would prove it.
一个酒鬼半夜爬上梯子
A known alcoholic up a ladder at midnight
肚肠里还灌满了威士忌
with a decanter of whisky inside him.
你是想让我们在验尸房♥里笑死吗
We'd be laughed out of the coroner's office.
当然了 你有你的专业考量
Well, I'm sure you know your business.
告辞了
Good day.
长官 有发现
Sir. Something's come up.
我们快要离开了 Archie
We'll only here for a little while, Archie.
我们要搬进新房♥子 开展新生活
And then we'll go to a new house and start a new life.
去哪里? -我不知道
Where? -I don't know.
可能去外国吧
Another country, maybe.
我不想去外国!
I don't want to go to another country!
我想留在这里和Alfred在一起
I want to stay here with Alfred!
妈咪 发什么事了? 闹鬼了吗?
What's the matter, Mummy? Is it the ghost?
不可能...
It can't be...
妈咪 我不想走!
Mummy, I don't want to leave!
不 停车! 求你停车! 不!
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表