Old men are so ugly, aren't they?
我有时候觉得 他们到了40岁就死了算了
I sometimes think they should all be put to death at 40.
或者三十五岁就死更好
Perhaps 35 would be better.
嘿 Molly 用完午餐要去游游泳吗?
Hey, Molly. You gonna come for a swim after lunch?
你穿上泳衣简直就是道亮丽的风景线
You look a vision in a swimsuit.
我倒是想去 只是太忙了
I'd love to. I'm rather busy.
这些观鸟的人到哪儿都带着枪吗?
Do all birdwatchers go around the place armed to the teeth?
笨手笨脚的!
Two left feet!
他跟我说过 猎枪通常上的是空弹
He told me it's only loaded with blanks.
这一带有些地方相当危险
Some of these parts are pretty hairy.
枪只是个警示 没别的什么
The gun's just a warning, nothing more.
我开些止痛片给你 轻微运动也有好处
I can give you some pills for the pain, gentle exercise will help.
不然的话 呃... -上了年纪而已
Otherwise, erm... -Just old age.
我答应了帮忙少校的葬礼
I've offered to help with the funeral arrangements for the Major.
他太倒霉了 -那样孤独地去世真是令人难过
Bad business. -It seems so sad to die alone like that
还是客死他乡
and so far from home.
他不喜欢英国的冬季
He didn't care for English winters.
太冷了 -他是像我一样 因为健康原因
Can't say I blame him. -Did he, like me, have health reasons
才到海外来过冬吗? -据我所知不是
that made it necessary to winter abroad? -Not that I know of.
但我没给他做过检查
But I never examined him.
至少他健在的时候没检查过
Well, not while he was alive, at least.
那是不是他的血压导致了死亡?
But it was his blood pressure that killed him?
我在他房♥间发现了一瓶降血压的药 叫Serenite
I found a bottle of blood pressure pills in his room - serenite.
现在的科技多么发达
How wonderful science is nowadays.
医生神通广大 用一小片药就能缓解病情
Doctors can do so much, can't they, all with a little pill.
但他们没有能力起死回生
They can't bring the dead back to life.
是啊
Yeah.
哦 牧师...想麻烦你一件事
Oh, Canon, erm... I wonder if it's not too much bother.
昨晚我给少校看了张快照
I was showing a snapshot of my nephew, Raymond,
是我侄子Raymond的照片
to the Major last night,
我的那张可能
and I think it might have got muddled up
混进了少校的一堆照片里
with some of his own photographs.
你能不能帮我留意一下?
You couldn't ask if it's among his things, could you?
照片很好找 Raymond举着一条大鱼
You can't miss it - Raymond is holding up a very big fish.
应该是叫枪鱼
A marlin, I believe it's called.
有人吗?
Hello?
Prescott牧师?
Canon Prescott?
你回来了?
You're back, then?
Victoria 还记得上次我拜托你的小事吗?
Victoria, you know that little favour I asked you about?
抱歉
I'm sorry.
拜托了 Victoria 我求你了 就这一次
Please, Victoria, I'm begging you, just this once.
对不起 小姐 但是... 我办不了 -我不会亏待你的
I'm sorry, miss, but... I can't. -I will make it worth your while.
就把地址给我吧 我自己来找
Just give me the address, I'll get it myself.
好吧
OK.
请别告诉别人
Please don't tell anyone.
谢谢了
Thank you.
多么宜人的傍晚
Lovely evening.
哦 你好
Oh, hello.
我在找自己的小屋 有点儿迷路了
I got a little lost looking for my bungalow.
啊 你看起来挺忙的
Well, you look busy.
我要打扫少校的房♥间 以便下一位房♥客入住
I need to clear the Major's room, ready for the next guest.
最好别让他们知道发生了什么 是不是? -是 当然不能
Better not tell them what happened, eh? -No, I suppose not.
我一直觉得搜查逝者的私人物品
I always think it's very sad having to look through
是件伤感的事
the personal possessions of someone who's just died.
那些小物件让我觉得心酸
It's the little things I find so poignant.
他们不再需要用到的那些 比如说剃须刀 牙刷
Things they'll never need again, like their razor, their toothbrush,
或者像是少校 他那瓶降压药
or, in the Major's case, his bottle of blood pressure pills.
还有些你一定见过无数次的东西
Things you must have seen a hundred times
就在帮他打扫房♥间的时候
when you were cleaning his room.
的确
Must have.
那 好吧
Oh, well. Erm...
抱歉打扰到你 -没关系
I'm sorry to have disturbed you. -No bother.
快醒醒 -干什么?天还没亮
Wake up, man. -What do you want? It's not morning.
起来 我要跟你谈谈 -怎么了?
Wake up. I need to talk to you. -What's worrying you?
小家伙又咳嗽了? -咳得厉害 Errol
The little one coughing again? -It's bad, Errol.
越来越严重了
It's getting worse.
找Mama Zogbe再开点药
Get some more medicine off Mama Zogbe.
不管用了 得带她去看医生
That's not enough. We need to take her to a proper doctor.
我们请不起医生 -那也不能躺着不动啊
We can't afford no doctor. -We need to do something.
大半夜的 能做什么啊
It's the middle of the night. We can't do nothing now.
早上再说吧 赶紧睡觉
We'll talk about it in the morning. Now go to sleep.
睡不着 我脑子很乱 像条鱼在鱼缸不停地打圈
Can't sleep. My mind is going round and round like a fish in a bowl.
小家伙会没事的 -不只这个
The little one will be all right. -It's not just that.
我一直在想少校去世的事
I've been thinking about the Major man who died.
感觉怪怪的 肯定有哪里不对
Something I don't like. Something wrong about it.
别担心了 上了年纪的总有一死
Don't worry about that. He was old, he died.
听着 是那些药片
Listen, man, it's them pills.
他房♥间里的药片不对劲 -别管了!
Them pills in his room, there's something wrong there. -Leave it!
别自寻麻烦 那是他们的事 跟我们没关系
Don't go looking for trouble. It's their business, nothing to do with us.
人为妇人所生 日子短少
Man that is born of a woman hath but a short time to live
多有患难
and is full of misery.
出来如花 又被割下
He cometh up and is cut down like a flower.
飞去如影 不能存留
He flyeth, as it were a shadow and never continueth in one stay.
存活之时 也置身死亡
In the midst of life, we are in death.
我觉得离开这世界是那老伙计最好的结果了
I do think there might have been a better turn out for the old chap.
至少他被葬在了所爱的地方
Well, at least he's buried somewhere that he loved.
再过一个星期 就不会有人记得他了
In a week or so, no-one will even remember him.
甚至不会在闲暇时想起他
Or spare him a passing thought.
除了你吧 -对
Except you, perhaps. -Yes.
是啊 只有我会想他了
Yes, I suppose it is all down to me now.
好吧 Victoria 我理解
All right, Victoria! All right, I understand.
我们都不想把事情弄砸
We don't want to make a fuss,
我也肯定不想让Tim为这件事担心
and I certainly don't want Tim worried about this.
哪件事?
About what?
先生请慢用
Here you are, sir.
很抱歉 在少校的物品中
I'm sorry to say we could find notrace of your marlin photograph
没找到你说的枪鱼照片
among the Major's things.
倒是有被屠♥杀♥的动物 但没有鱼的
Plenty of pictures of slaughtered animals, but no fish I'm afraid,
不管是大是小
large or small.
没关系 我可以再印一张
Never mind, I'm sure I can get another print.
来 敬那位老伙计
Well, here's to the old fellow.
他是Golden Palms饭店的常客
He was something of a fixture at Golden Palms.
可惜明年见不到他了
Won't be the same next year.
说来有趣 我想我会怀念他的故事
In a funny way, I think I'll miss his stories.
他去世的那天 你还记得他晚餐时都说了什么吗
Do you recall what he was talking about at dinner the night he died?
关于伏都教的一些无聊东西
A lot of silly stuff about voodoo.
我是说在那之后
I mean after that.
坦白说 我当时没认真听
I must confess, I wasn't really listening.
他跟你讲过很多次他的故事吧
I suppose he must have told you his stories many times.
他的故事太多了 每个故事还配有照片
He had a store of them, and a photograph to illustrate each one.
有死去的老虎 还有?
Whether it be some dead tiger or...
你懂的 -什么?
you know. -Do I?
他喜欢丑闻 八卦
He loved... scandal, gossip.
都和那些事有关
Anything to do with uh...
该怎么说呢 男女之事
You know. How shall I put it? S-E-X.
有什么吞吞吐吐的 牧师 我又不是老尼姑
Oh, come now, Canon. I'm not a nun!
在我那个年代人们不会把性挂在嘴边
Sex may not have been mentioned in my day,
但关于性的事情可不少啊
but there was plenty of it about.
那时候 性♥爱♥是享受
And enjoyed far more than nowadays,
现在却似乎变成了任务
where it seems to have become a kind of duty.
那我就不知道了
Not my territory, I'm afraid.
我从教会学来的都是关于灵魂之事
My church training taught me a great deal about the soul,
而不是那种随心所欲
but very little about the heart.
当然 我还认为它是罪恶的一种
Other than that it's all a terrible sin, of course.
说到罪恶 少校有没有跟你提过一个谋杀犯?
Talking of sin, did the Major ever talk to you about a murderer?
他倒是说过一个女人
I do remember something about a woman
叫Lucrezia Borgia的金发女人
a golden-haired Lucrezia Borgia
她毒死了她的丈夫和情人 诸如此类
who poisoned her husband and her lover. Something like that.
不过我也说了 我很少认真听他说话
But, as I say, I never listened to him that attentively.
而且从照片里也看不出什么 -是个女人?
And you couldn't see anything in the photograph. -A woman?
你确定吗?
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表