你可以找到
I just think you could find something
更适合你能力的工作
that's more on par with your abilities
你很有天赋 艾尔
'cause you're talented, El.
谁说的?
Well, who's to say?
-我说的 -我们俩说的
-I say. Yeah. -I say. We both say.
你们根本没看过我写的东西
You guys haven't even read what I've written.
什么?我知道
What? Are you kidding me?
肯定会很棒
Come on. I know it's going to be wonderful.
你觉得什么时候能写完?
When do you think it will be finished?
毫无头绪
Absolutely no idea.
能再给我点沙拉吗?
Can I get a bit more salad?
够了吗?
Yeah. That?
嗯 谢谢 亲爱的
Thank you, honey.
你们就不能自己吃自己的吗?
Why don't you guys get your own food?
我们喜欢分享
We like to share.
碍你什么事了吗?
Why does that bother you?
艾莉森怎么样?
How is Alison?
应该挺好的吧
Uh, she's good. Yeah, I think.
嗯 她很忙
Yeah, she's working a lot.
有时候我觉得她…
Sometimes I feel like she's...
想跟我保持距离
Pulling away. I don't know.
-亲爱的 -她不喜欢我的工作
-Oh, sweetie... -She's just on me about my job
因为没法成长 也挣不到钱
because there's no way to grow or make more money.
你们俩可以一起去看心理咨♥询♥师
Maybe you two should see a therapist together.
我们才23岁
We're 23.
做咨♥询♥永不嫌早
Listen, it's... it's never too early.
没事 我们能搞定
Okay, we'll figure it out. Uh, never mind.
你最好搞定
Well, you'd better.
她可是付了一半的房♥租
She pays half the rent.
行了 唐 他现在不想听这种话
Okay, well, that's not what he needs to hear right now, Don.
怎么了?
What?
我好像就是在这里教你骑车的
You know, I think I taught you to ride your bike here.
-这里? -对
-Right here? -Yeah,
用辅助轮骑的
with the training wheels.
-你记得吗? -嗯
-You remember that? -Oh, yeah.
好像是这里
I think it was here.
很好玩 你是个好老师
Yeah, that was fun. You're a good teacher.
尝尝
-Oh, nice. -How about that?
-好吃吧? -嗯 很好吃
-It's good, yeah? Mm-hmm. -That's really good.
你们俩吃一个甜筒?
You're sharing an ice cream cone?
对啊 你也来点吗?
Yeah, you want some?
不用了 谢谢
Uh, no, thank you.
-尝尝吧 是花生酱的 -我得走了
-Try it, it's peanut butter. -I got to go.
不用了
It's... I'm good.
谢谢你们的午餐
-Thanks for lunch. -Yeah.
-不客气 -再见
-You're welcome. -See you later.
-爱你 -我也爱你
-Love you. -Love you, too.
-你们好好玩 -再见
-Yeah, have fun. -Have a good one.
再吃点
Here, have some more.
-别吃这么多 -为什么?
-Don't take the whole thing. -No?
你会睡着的 亲爱的
You're gonna fall asleep, honey.
怎么可能 我都快紧张死了
Fat chance of that. I'm so nervous.
看看这些东西…
- Look at these things. - I mean...
这是给人住的吗?
Do humans even live here?
什么东西都不能放吧
How do you plug anything in?
我看起来怎么样?
Hey, how do I look?
很可爱
Cute, adorable.
-我的手都出汗了 -你肯定没问题的
-My hands are so clammy. -You're gonna do great.
去搞定他们
-Go get 'em. -Uh...
去你的吧
Oh, fuck you.
太累了
It's so tiring.
他让我觉得 我做的一切都是错的
He makes me feel like I do everything wrong.
能举个例子吗?
Can you give me an example?
他让我在尿尿的时候打开水龙头
He wants me to turn on the water when I pee,
这样他就听不到尿尿的声音了
so he can't hear it through the door.
有一次我没关门 他就生气了
Once, I left the door open and he got mad.
他为什么这么介意? 我每次都能听到他尿尿的声音
And why does he care? I hear him pee all the time.
我就不介意
It doesn't bother me.
我给他买♥♥东西他也不开心
And he gets annoyed when I buy him things.
他表现得好像不在乎物质方面
He acts like he doesn't care about material things,
但他在乎
but he does.
他有个苹果手表
He has an Apple Watch.
你给他买♥♥东西是因为爱和关心?
And you buy him things out of love or affection?
当然了
-Yes. -Is that... Yeah.
你知道我给他买♥♥了什么?毛线帽
You know what I bought him? A beanie,
因为他的丢了
because he lost his.
他说我不听他说话 但是我买♥♥了毛线帽哎
He says, I don't listen. A beanie.
是H&M的
And it was from H&M!
弗兰基 你觉得这些东西熟悉吗?
Um, does all this sound at all familiar to you, Frankie?
不知道 什么意思?
I don't think so. What do you mean?
他的行为让我想到了你生活中的另一个人
Well, his behavior reminds me of someone else in your life.
-谁? -你父亲
-Who? -Your father.
我父亲?
My father?
对 你看到共同点了吗?
Yeah. Do you see the similarities?
比如他也批评打♥压♥你
Like his criticism of you?
没有 你肯定是记错人了
Not me, must be thinking of somebody else.
我爸是世上最温柔的人
My dad is the sweetest person.
他给我的只有爱
He's only been really loving toward me.
当然
Ah, of course.
抱歉 这真是...
I apologize. That's...
没关系
No, it's okay.
你见的人太多了
I'm sure you see so many people.
不 这太不好了
No, that's-- that's-- that's not okay.
我们继续吧
Let's, uh... Let's go on.
老天 那些正常的咖啡厅都去哪儿了?
God, whatever happened to regular coffee shops
红色座椅 卖♥♥好吃的金枪鱼的那些
with their red booths and the perfect tuna?
你想换个地方吗?
Ooh, did you want to go somewhere else?
不用 我就是说说
No, but you know what I mean.
怀念那些脏兮兮的菜单 和暴脾气的服务员
You know, with the the filthy menus and the mean people.
我很喜欢这里
Well, I really like it here.
麦迪逊旁边就有一家
There's a real one left on Madison.
我以前看医生的时候会去那家
Actually, I used to go there when I went to the doctor.
但是我的医生死了
But then my doctor died,
我就再也不去了
so I don't go there anymore.
自己的医生死了是不是感觉怪怪的?
Isn't that a weird thing, when your doctor dies?
艾里奥特怎么样?
So, how's Eliot?
-他多大了? -23了
-How old is he now? -He's 23.
他在大♥麻♥店工作
Yeah, he's working in a pot store.
-他是经理 -很酷啊
-He's the manager. -Well, that's very legit.
他正在创作一部戏剧
Uh, he's... he's working on a play.
他是作家?
Oh, he's a writer?
这是他第一次写 我还没看过
Well, it's his first. I haven't read it yet, though.
这是很勇敢的尝试
-But... -Well, that's a brave move.
毕竟他母亲就是成功的作家
Having a successful writer as your mother.
说到这个...
Speaking of which...
我先说你已经知道的东西
Okay, so I'll start by saying what you already know.
我喜欢你的作品 这本书很棒
I love your work, and the book is good.
当然了
-Of course, -Uh-oh.
但是我觉得它不如你的自传那么浓烈
I-- I just don't feel it's as strong as your memoir.
但它们不是一回事 这是小说
Okay, but it's a different thing 'cause it's a work of fiction.
市场很残酷的
Look, it's rough out there.
竞争非常激烈 每天都有新故事
There's a lot of competition, a lot of stories to tell,
各种新声音
lots of new voices.
我已经是老声音了
Mm, I'm an old voice.
不 但你要跟各种背景的作家竞争
No, you're competing with writers of all ethnicities,
难民 癌症 谋杀 虐待
refugees, cancer, murder, abuse.
-我写了虐待啊 -只有语言虐待
-I had abuse. -Verbal abuse.
这也是虐待
It was still abuse.
当然了 而且你写得很美
Of course, it was. And you wrote about it beautifully.
谢谢
-Thank you. Yeah. -Mmm.
电影精选列表