他给我的一篇文章打了C
He gave me a C on some paper I wrote,
我回家说这篇文章我非常努力了
and I came home and I said I worked really hard on it.
应该有更好的分数
I deserve better.
我不记得了 不过你继续
Okay. I don't remember this, but okay.
你说“既然你那么用功
Well, you said, "Well, if you worked really hard on it,
那就应该有更好的分数”
"then you should've gotten a better grade."
然后你就去找他 让他给我改成B了
So you went to the guy and convinced him to give me a B.
哪里有问题吗?
And the crime here is what exactly?
我不应该得B
I didn't deserve the B.
就应该得C
I deserved the C.
但是我不想让你知道
But I didn't want you to know that.
等等 艾里奥特
Hang on a second, Eliot. Come on.
是你说的 你应该有更好的分数
You told me you deserved a better grade, right?
我相信你
And I believed you.
所以 在这件事情上
So, actually, in this case,
是你在害我吧?
you were setting me up, right, honey?
妈妈 我当时只是个孩子
Mom, I was a child.
我不是个好的游泳选手 不是个好学生
I wasn't a good swimmer. I wasn't a good student.
艾里奥特 她只是想支持你
Eliot, she was trying to be supportive.
父母都想支持自己的孩子
It's what parents do. They try to support their kids.
但是这让我带着这种奇怪的认知长大
But then I grew up with this... with this strange feeling,
觉得自己比别人强
like I'm better than everyone else.
就好像我通过你的目光在看自己
Like I was looking at myself through your eyes.
然后突然有一天我意识到 我根本不是你所说的那样
And then suddenly I realized I'm not the things you say I am.
宝贝
Oh, sweetie pie.
其实我觉得你当时做这些是因为你觉得内疚
I honestly think you did those things because you felt guilty.
现在也内疚
Feel guilty.
我为什么内疚?
For what?
因为你们关心彼此胜过关心我
Because you guys care about each other more than me.
什么?
-What? -What?
艾里奥特 你怎么会这么想?
Eliot, how can you possibly think that?
不是这样的
That is so not true.
这个世上我最关心的就是你
I care about you more than anything.
是啊
Yeah.
那为什么我觉得自己在家就是电灯泡?
Then why do I always feel like a third fucking wheel?
-艾里奥特 -宝贝
-Eliot. -Oh, honey.
我想自己静静
I just, I need some space.
该死
Fuck.
不是吧?
Seriously?
-都这样了你还生气? -哪样?
-After that? -After what?
艾里奥特刚指责你搞砸了他的人生
Eliot just accused you of fucking him up
因为你没有诚实地对他
because you didn't treat him honestly.
我也是这样对你的 你却生我的气
And you're mad at me, for doing exactly the same thing.
我没有骗他 我是鼓励他
I wasn't lying. I was encouraging.
我也没有骗你
I wasn't lying.
-我是在鼓励你 -根本不一样
-I was encouraging. -That's not true.
你是为了表现出鼓励我的样子而骗我
You were lying to be encouraging.
因为鼓励你更重要
No, supporting you felt more important.
我又不是孩子
I'm not a child.
那时候艾里奥特是个孩子
Eliot was a child!
我不想让他体会我童年的痛苦
I didn't want him to feel like I felt growing up.
我知道 但是你跟你父亲不一样
Well, I know, but you're... You're not your father.
那我母亲呢?
Well, my mother. Okay?
好吧 是有点
Okay. Yeah, maybe a little.
我就是很希望你能喜欢我的书
I just really wanted you to like it.
我知道
I know.
说实话 我不在乎自己喜不喜欢你的书
Honestly, I don't care if I like your book.
我不是因为你的书而爱你的 贝丝
That's not why I love you, Beth.
你的作品不能代表你
You're not your book.
你爱艾里奥特 难道是因为他有可能写出优秀的戏剧吗?
Do you love Eliot because he might write a fantastic play?
-唐 我不是… -我必须说出来
-No, Don. I but... -I have to say this. I'm sorry.
你知道吗
You know,
这个世界都要完蛋了
this whole world is falling apart
你最难受的居然是这个吗?
and this is what's consuming you?
我知道这个世界要完蛋了
No. I know the whole world is falling apart.
我当然知道
Of course I know that.
但我的书也是我的世界
But this is my world.
是让我自我陶醉的小世界
My small little narcissistic world
所以…我很受伤
and... you know, I'm hurt.
对不起 我信任过你
Sorry. I trusted you.
我信任你
I trust you.
亲爱的 真的对不起
Honey, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I...
贝丝 你难道从来没跟我撒过慌吗?
Beth, haven't you ever lied to me?
善意的谎言之类的
Like, I don't know told me a white lie or...
-肯定有过 -对吧
-Well, yeah, I bet... -Yeah, and...
这不意味着你没那么爱我
It didn't make you... Did it make you love me less?
或者不尊重我吧?
Or, or lose respect for me?
这不是一回事
No, it... This is not the same thing at all.
我说的谎话都是些小事
They just-- These were small things, you know, like...
没有可比性
There's no comparison.
不是关于你的工作 你的事业
Really honestly, it's not like your career, your work, or...
那你举个例子
But like what?
就是…
Um... I don't know...
比如我假装喜欢你给我买♥♥的东西
You bought me things that I pretended to like.
都是小事
I mean nothing.
是吗?
Oh, really?
什么东西?
Well, what things?
哪个你不喜欢?
Oh, which ones?
所有的?真的吗?
All of them? You're kidding me.
什么?
What? What...
你干嘛不告诉我呢?
What, why didn't you tell me? What...
我说过 我说我喜欢这对树叶耳环
I did. I said I wanted these leaf earrings,
然后你就一直...
and then you kept...
给我买♥♥各种树叶耳环
buying me all of these leaf earrings.
但是…你不是经常戴吗?
But I've... I've seen you wearing them.
当然啊 为了让你开心
Of course, to, to make you happy.
-不是吧 -是
-No. -Yeah.
为了让你高兴
To please you.
告诉你吧
No, you know what?
你也送过我不喜欢的东西
You've given me things that I don't like.
-炒锅吗? -不是
-Oh. The wok? -No.
V领衬衣
The last V-neck sweater you bought me?
已经三件了
It's like the third one.
谁会不喜欢羊绒衬衣啊?
Who doesn't like a cashmere sweater?
是V领的啊 没有男人喜欢穿V领 我们又没有什么好展示的
It's a V-neck. No man wants a V-neck we have nothing to show.
什么?
What?
你到底在说什么?
What in the living hell are you talking about?
我没有乳♥沟♥ 为什么要穿V领
I don't have any cleavage, why would I wear a V-neck?
我是认真的呢
No, I'm serious.
唐 V领只开到这里
Don, a V-neck goes like this,
-是吧? -嗯
-right? -Yeah.
乳♥沟♥在这里
And cleavage is like this.
我就是不喜欢露出胸膛
Still, I just... I don't think I should be like showing my chest.
感觉好像站在游艇上吹风似的
I mean, I'm not, like, on a yacht in the wind.
-你明白吧 -天呐
-You know I don't... -Oh, my God.
-还有 -什么?
-You know what else? -Huh?
你一直说我是非常优秀的心理医生
You've always told me what a great shrink I am.
-是啊 -你根本不知道
-Yeah. -You have no idea.
-什么 -我可能很烂
-What? -Like, I might suck.
其实我确实很烂
In fact, I do suck.
-不可能 -非常可能
-No, that's not possible. -No, it's very, very possible.
真的?
Oh, really?
你想跟我说说吗?
You want to tell me about it?
没事 现在不想说
It's okay, and not now.
我们该拿儿子怎么办呢?
What are we gonna do about our boy?
不知道
I don't know.
你可能真是个很烂的心理医生
Maybe you are a bad shrink.
是啊
Yeah.
另一家代理想帮我出书
So, that other agent wants to represent my book.
哪家?厉害吗?
Which one? Are they any good?
电影精选列表