当我我回头看看它们,心想,"我们当时怎么没把对方打死?"
I go back and look at them going,"How did we not kill each other?"
我记得李国豪在训练前的一个晚上走进健身房♥,
I remember Brandon coming into the gym one night before a workout,
说,“我他妈搞定了。”
going, you know, "I fucking got it."
我们说,“你搞定什么了?”他说,“看,他们要拍《乌鸦》了。
We're like, "What you get?" and he's like, "Look, they're gonna make The Crow.
我拿到了扮演埃里克·德雷文的角色。”
I got the job being Eric Draven."
那真的很酷。我们都为他感到高兴。
It was really, really cool. Like, we were so happy for him.
这是件大事。对李国豪来说拿到这个角色是件大事。
It was a big deal. Big deal for Brandon to get that.
而这,就是我如何得到我在好莱坞的第一个大活儿。
And that's, um, that's kind of how I got my first big gig in Hollywood.
那时我还在参赛,正准备日本的一场重要比赛,
I was still competing at the time and getting ready for a big bout in Japan,
而李国豪刚去了北卡罗来纳州的卡罗可片场,
and Brandon had just gone off to North Carolina to Carolco Studios,
他们正在那里拍摄《乌鸦》。
where they were shooting The Crow.
然后我们接到电♥话♥说发生了事故。
And we got a call saying there was an accident.
我们想,“他会没事的。那可是李国豪。”
We're like, "He'll be fine. It's Brandon."
我们没太当回事。
You know, we didn't think anything of it.
但他大约14小时后就去世了。
And he died, I think, 14 hours later.
然后剧组停工了。他们离完成拍摄还有几周时间。
And then the show shut down. They were still a couple weeks from finishing.
在导演亚历克斯·普罗亚斯、制片厂和李国豪的母亲琳达·李之间,
Between Alex Proyas, the director, the studio, and Linda Lee, Brandon's mom,
他们决定完成这部电影。
they decided to finish the film.
杰夫·伊马达联♥系♥了我,他知道我和李国豪有多亲近。
Jeff Imada had contacted me, and he knew how close we were to Brandon.
他知道我当时已经在做一些特技工作了。
He knew I was already doing some stunt work at the time.
而且李国豪和我的体型非常相似。
And Brandon and I had very similar body types.
你不知道该怎么想。
You don't know what to think.
自私点说,我的一部分想法是,“哇,完成它真的很酷,伙计。”
Selfishly, one part of me is like, "Wow, this could be really cool to finish, man."
另一个想法是,“你♥他♥妈♥的在说什么?”
The other thing is like, "What the fuck are you talking about?"
你会想,“你朋友死了。”
You're like, "Your friend's dead."
我-我记不清当时我真实的想法或心态是什么了,
I-I can't recall what my actual head or mindset was at the time,
但我决定接下这份工作。
but I decided to do the job.
亚历克斯把我带到片场的一个小地下室,
And Alex brought me down to a little basement in the studio there,
我们连续看了大概两天李国豪的所有样片。
and we watched for like two days straight every daily we could of Brandon.
他让我模仿走路、说话、坐姿,
And he'd make me mimic walking, talking, sitting,
模仿李国豪的每一个举止。
just every mannerism Brandon had.
因为我认识他有几年了,
And since I had known him for a couple years,
那是我经历过的最超现实的体验之一。
it was one of the most surreal experiences you'll ever go through.
你的事业因此开始。
Your career starts because of that.
[伯恩哈特]
[Bernhardt]
我第一次见到查德时,
Chad, when I first met him,
留着长长的、漂亮的头发,垂到这里。
had, like, this long, beautiful hair down to here.
太疯狂了。简直不可思议。
Insane. It was incredible.
他看起来像《最后的莫希干人》里的丹尼尔·戴-刘易斯。
He looked like Daniel Day-Lewis in The Last of the Mohicans.
我们其实是在第一届UFC比赛时通过一个共同的朋友认识的。
We actually met through a mutual friend at one of the first UFC fights.
有人在家里看比赛,我们都在某个人家里碰面了,
Somebody was watching it at home, and we all met at somebody's house,
查德和我刚认识,就开始聊武术。
and Chad and I just met, and we started talking about martial arts.
非常投缘。
Totally hit it off.
我说,“嘿,我要拍《血点》的续集。”
And I said, "Hey, I'm up to do the sequel to Bloodsport."
他说,“我爱《血点》。我很想参与。”
He was like, "I love Bloodsport. I'd love to be involved."
所以他加入了。
So he came onboard.
他成了其中一个格斗者。他和我打了一场。
He became one of the fighters. He did one of the fights with me.
那场打斗其实是查德编排的。
And Chad actually choreographed that fight.
那时候,查德真的很痴迷于“缠手”(一种近战技术)。
And at the time, Chad was really into trapping.
我们做了很多缠手动作。
We did a lot of trapping.
查德用了我所有的踢技。我是练跆拳道的。
Chad used all my kicking. I'm a Tae Kwon Do guy.
结果那成了我在电影里最好的一场打斗。
And it turned out to be my best fight in the movie.
所以当《血点3》开拍时,
So when Bloodsport III came around,
我问他,“你想当动作指导吗?”
I ask him, "Would you like to be the fight coordinator?"
所以他加入了。
So he came onboard.
这次轮到我了。
This time, it's my turn.
我其实觉得查德当时编排的打斗非常棒。
And I actually think the fights Chad did at the time were incredible.
即使你现在看,
Even if you watch it now,
它还是有点90年代的感觉,像... [咕哝声]
it's still a little bit like, you know, '90s, like... [grunting]
但技术本身已经很棒了。
But the techniques are already great.
然后我拍了一部叫《完美目标》的电影。
Then I did a movie called Perfect Target.
那是部小成本电影。我们在墨西哥拍的。
It was a smaller movie. We shot it in Mexico.
所以,查德告诉我,“嘿,听着。我有个朋友
So, Chad tells me, "Hey, listen. I have this buddy
要过来玩,想待一阵子,也许做点特技。”
who's gonna come and visit and wanna hang out and maybe do some stunts."
我说,“当然可以。”
I'm like, "Absolutely."
然后我见到了大卫·雷奇。
And I meet David Leitch.
[雷奇] 我在大学时开始在一所武术学校训练,
[Leitch] I started training at a martial arts school in college
叫明尼苏达卡利集团(Minnesota Kali Group),
called the Minnesota Kali Group,
他们和丹·伊诺桑托有关联。
and they were affiliated with Dan Inosanto.
一旦我接触到那些武术
Once I was exposed to those martial arts
以及那种武术社群,我就完全着迷了。
and that sort of martial art community, I was, like, obsessed.
在那里我第一次认识了很多至今仍是我朋友的人。
And that's where I met a lot of my friends for the first time
其中一个是查德。
who are still my friends today. And one of them was Chad.
他有一天说,他真的很想进入表演行业。
He was just saying one day that he really wanted to go into acting.
我就说,“嗯,嘿,如果你想被选角,为什么不过来?
And I was like, "Well, hey, if you wanna be cast, why don't you come out?
我们会让你参演电影。我们会教你如何成为一名特技演员。”
We'll put you in the movie. We'll teach you how to be a stunt guy."
你知道,我本来打算去洛杉矶度假的。
You know, I was gonna go to LA for holiday.
他说,“你干嘛不直接来墨西哥,上电影片场看看?”
And he's like, "Why don't you just come to Mexico and get on a movie set?"
我说,“嗯,我又不工作。那会很奇怪。”
And I'm like, "Well, I'm not gonna be working. It's gonna be weird."
他说,“来吧。会很酷的。你能见识一下。”
And he's like, "Just come. It'll be cool. You'll get to see it."
所以,是的,我把原本要花在那次旅行上的钱,拿来飞去了墨西哥。
So, yeah, I took my money that I was gonna spend on that trip, and I flew to Mexico.
那是一次超棒的体验。
It was an awesome experience.
[斯塔赫尔斯基] 我们只是让他做点小背景群演的工作
[Stahelski] We just put him to work as little background extras
然后开始教他特技。
and then started teaching him stunts.
然后他看起来就像其中一员了。
And then he looked like one of the guys.
所以,“嘿,就在这场打斗戏里替这个家伙吧。”
So, "Hey, just double this guy in this fight scene."
他说,“我要做什么?”
He's like, "What do I gotta do?"
“就像这样甩一下头。”
"Just snap your head like this."
我在那部片子里干了一天活。
I got to work one day on that.
布莱恩·汤普森把我扔过一把柳条椅。
Brian Thompson throws me through a wicker chair.
我太兴奋了。等不及了。
I was so excited. Couldn't wait.
再来一次。第二条。第三条。来吧。
Just do it again. Take 2. Take 3. Let's do it.
但幸运的是那是部低成本电影,所以他们只负担得起拍一条,
But luckily it was a low-budget movie, so they could only afford one take,
所以一个可破坏道具,我就完事了。
so one breakaway, and I was done.
[斯塔赫尔斯基]
[Stahelski]
戴夫一点也不装,
Dave wasn't pretentious at all,
所以不像特技演员那样总想耍酷。
so it wasn't about looking cool like stunt guys are trying to look cool.
他什么角色都演。他会演哭戏的角色。
He would play any part. He'd play the guy that would cry.
他会演流浪汉。他会演警♥察♥。
He'd play the homeless guy. He'd play the cop.
很多特技演员只想做特技。
A lot of stunt guys just wanted to do the stunt.
他们不想表演。
They didn't want to act.
戴夫会说,“我来演这个角色。”
Dave was like, "I'll do the part."
所以,很快,他的事业就起飞了。
So, very quickly, his career kind of took off.
那之后几年,我们最终在电视上接了不少活。
After that couple of years, we ended up getting a run on television.
查德在《伪装者》里替身主演,
Chad was doubling the lead on The Pretender,
我替身了很多不同的家伙。
and I was doubling a ton of different guys.
还有另一件事也在发生。
There was another thing that was happening too.
武术在动作领域开始进入美国主流。
Martial arts had started to come to America in terms of action.
像《吸血鬼猎人巴菲》或《过江龙》这样的剧。
Shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Martial Law.
而当时的特技界非常偏向牛仔、
And the stunt world at that time was very cowboy,
汽车、摩托车特技。
car, motorcycle oriented.
但现在当你有这种对武术特技演员非常具体的需求时,
But now when you had this really specific need for martial arts stuntmen,
我们就成了抢手货。
we became hot commodities.
那就是查德在首部《黑客帝国》里得到机会的时候。
And that's when Chad got his break on the first Matrix.
[斯塔赫尔斯基] 哦,天哪。那是我第一次见到你。
[Stahelski] Oh, my God. That was the first time I met you.
[里维斯] 《黑客帝国》。
[Reeves] The Matrix.
要谈论任何一部《疾速追杀》电影,
It's impossible to really talk about any of the John Wicks
就不可能不提到《黑客帝国》。
without talking about Matrix.
- 是的。
- 我们就是在那儿认识的。
- Yeah.
- That's where we all met.
我接到电♥话♥说他们在找武术替身
I got this call saying they were looking for martial art doubles
为基努拍一部科幻电影。
for Keanu for a sci-fi movie.
一部科幻电影!它是一部科幻电影。
A sci-fi movie! It was a sci-fi movie.
所以我接到电♥话♥,真的只是去参加了一个试镜,
So I got the call, and I literally just went in for an audition,
在那里我见到了袁和平和所有人。
and that's where I met Yuen Woo-Ping and all the guys.
然后他们向我介绍了陈虎。
Then they introduced me to Tiger Chen.
[里维斯] 陈虎是两届全国武术冠军。
[Reeves] Two-time national Chinese wushu champion.
[斯塔赫尔斯基] 是的。那真的很震撼。
[Stahelski] Yeah. It was pretty mind-blowing actually.
这是陈虎。叫他虎哥。
This is Chen Hu. Call him Tiger Chen.
他负责训练基努·里维斯所有的《黑客帝国》电影。
He was in charge of training Keanu Reeves for all the Matrix movies.
电影精选列表