You know, and I'm like, I've already forgotten about that way
因为现在这种方式已经很酷了。
'cause this way is already so cool.
巴兹尔,他因为我们太沮丧而对我们发火。
Basil, he got mad at us for being so depressed.
他说,“你们他妈的在干什么?赶紧干活。”
He's like, "What the fuck you guys doing? Like, get to work."
我们说,“呃,这太烂了。我们搞砸了。”
We're like, "Well, it's terrible. We failed."
他说,“那是你们的粗剪版。
He's like, "That's your assembly.
现在你们才要去真正剪出这部电影,伙计们。
Like, now you gonna go make the movie, guys.
你们还有20周。知道吗,赶紧的。去吧。”
Like, you got 20 weeks. You know, hurry up. Go."
我们说,“我猜这就是当导演吧,嗯?”
We're like, "I guess this is directing, huh?"
[里维斯] 你知道,他们必须在剪辑中找到这部电影,
[Reeves] You know, they had to figure out the film in the cut,
然后还要与电影产业的那部分规则作斗争。
and then the battles that you have to fight with the show business part of it.
你知道,别人对你自认为拍出来的电影
You know, what do other people think of the movie
会有什么看法?
that you thought you made?
“动作戏太多了。”“动作戏不够。”
"There's too much action." "Not enough action."
“你们不能真的杀狗。”“等等,什么?结局是什么?”
"You can't really kill the dog." "Wait, what? What's the ending?"
“结局行不通。” 得重做,你知道。
"The ending doesn't work." Gotta redo it, you know.
我敢肯定他们有很多,你知道,[惊呼] “这他妈是不是糟透了?”
And I'm sure they had a lot of, you know, [exclaims] "Is this fucking terrible?"
我们非常、非常缓慢地找到了这部电影。
We kind of found the movie very, very slowly.
过程非常慢。但没错,我们当时很恐慌。
It was very slow. But yeah, we were panicked.
你知道,当时,记得吗,流行的是快速剪辑
You know, at the time, remember, it was all about fast editing
和摇晃镜头之类的东西。而我们一个摇晃镜头都没有。
and shaky cam and all that stuff. And we didn't have a single shaky cam.
我们的东西节奏很慢,而且没有视觉特效。
Our stuff was very slow and with no VFX.
是的,我们当时觉得电影糟透了。
Yeah, we thought the movie was terrible.
除了基努。
Everybody but Keanu.
基努和巴兹尔只是说,“不,继续努力。
Keanu and Basil were just like, "No, just keep hammering.
继续干。我们几周后再看。”
Keep going. We'll see you in a couple weeks."
部分原因是这就像你的孩子,你知道吗?
Part of it is like your baby, you know?
这是你创造的艺术品
It's the art you created
你非常投入其中,也很兴奋。
and you're really into it and you're excited.
但然后你会感到不自在,
But then you're feeling like self-conscious about,
“这一刻会不会很俗气?人们会喜欢吗?”
"Is this moment gonna be cheesy? And are people gonna like it?"
我知道我喜欢它,但我必须把它呈现给世界。
And I know I like it, but I've got to put it out in the world.
这就是自信和不安全感的所有碰撞。
And it's all of that confidence and insecurity colliding.
我必须相信自己,但我也必须把它交付给观众
I gotta believe in myself, but I also gotta deliver this
并且它必须有效。
to an audience and it's gotta work.
[伊万尼克] 我们第一次做了试映。
[Iwanyk] We previewed the movie for the first time.
观众不知道该怎么理解这部电影。
And the audience didn't know what to make of the movie.
他们说,“这是什么?基努很抑郁,在哭。
They're like, "What is this? It's like Keanu depressed and crying.
这里发生了什么?这应该是一部动作片啊。”
And what is happening here? It's supposed to be an action movie."
我永远不会忘记,那是整个《疾速追杀》系列历史上
And I'll never forget, it was the most important moment in the entire Wick franchise history
最重要的时刻
in the entire Wick franchise history
迈克尔·奈奎斯特打电♥话♥给约翰·雷吉扎莫... 奥雷里奥在说话。
where Michael Nyqvist calls John Leguizamo... Aurelio speaking.
[伊万尼克] ...然后说... [维戈] 我听说你打了我儿子。
[Iwanyk] ...and says... [Viggo] I heard you struck my son.
[伊万尼克] 然后约翰说... [奥雷里奥] 是的,先生,我打了。
[Iwanyk] And John says... [Aurelio] Yes, sir, I did.
因为他偷了约翰·威克的车,先生,
Because he stole John Wick's car, sir,
而且,呃,杀了他的狗。
and, uh, killed his dog.
[伊万尼克] 然后迈克尔·奈奎斯特只是说...
[Iwanyk] And Michael Nyqvist just goes...
哦。[叹气]
Oh. [Sighs]
- 然后全场观众都笑了。
- 好的,我们抓住他们了。
- And the entire audience laughed. - Okay, we have them.
这是电影史上最伟大的表演之一,当有人说...
It's the greatest performance ever in a movie where someone says...
哦。[叹气]
Oh. [Sighs]
然后我意识到,好了,他们终于明白了。
And I realized, okay, they finally got it.
我们本该玩得开心点。这部电影很疯狂。
We're supposed to have fun. This movie is crazy.
从那一刻起,效果就非常好了。
And from that moment on, it played great.
我记得第一次试映时,
I remember the first screening,
他们给你发这些小问卷让你填写。
they give you these little questionnaires to fill out.
第一个问题大概是:
And the first question was like,
“你认为杀死狗能证明所有这些死亡是合理的吗?”
"Do you think the killing of the dog justifies all this death?"
我们按人口统计分组统计。
And we divided it up by demographics.
我记得男性观众只有大约60%认同。
And I remember the men were only on board at about 60%.
但大约98%的女性观众都说,“杀光他们。”
But like 98% of the women were like, "Kill 'em all."
因为她们知道这不仅仅是为了一条狗。
Because they knew it was not about a dog.
[伊万尼克] 我们拍了一部很酷的电影。
[Iwanyk] We had a really cool movie.
我们拍了一部电影,我想我们当时都觉得,
We had a movie that I think we were all like,
“天哪,这里有一个我们从未意识到的世界。”
"Boy, there's like a world there that we never realized."
伊恩·麦柯肖恩和兰斯·莱迪克真的出彩了。
And Ian McShane and Lance Reddick really popped.
威廉·达福也很酷。我们成功了。
And Willem Dafoe was just cool. We pulled it off.
我们应该收到好几家国内电影公♥司♥的邀约
And we should have a number of domestic studio offers
因为这部电影真的很成功。
because this movie really works.
然后,我们开始给各大电影公♥司♥做放映,结果所有人都拒绝了。
And then, we started to screen it for the studios, and everybody passed.
-字面上所有人都拒绝了。
-我们没卖♥♥出去?意思是,没人想要?
-Literally everybody passed. -We didn't sell it? Like, nobody wants it?
就像,这比很多找我救场的电影好多了。[笑]
Like, this is better than so many movies that I've been asked to fix. [Laughs]
这让人心碎。
It was heartbreaking.
我误判了市场,
I misread the marketplace,
我把这些人置于非常艰难的境地
and I put these people in a really tough spot
因为我主张拍了这部电影
because I advocated making this movie
并且把这部电影拼凑起来,结果可能没人会看到。
and put this movie together that no one will ever see.
但狮门影业的某个人说,“你知道吗?去他的。
But someone at Lionsgate said, "You know what? Fuck it.
我们不如接手国内发行
We might as well take the domestic
因为我们已经有国际区域的发行权了。”
because we've already got the territories for international."
当时狮门影业内部是泾渭分明的。
There was a separation between church and state at Lionsgate at the time.
有国内部门和海外部门。
There was a domestic piece and the foreign piece.
狮门影业只卖♥♥出了电影的海外版权。
Lionsgate had only sold the film foreign.
于是狮门影业买♥♥下了它,但没有预付金(MG),零美元,
And so Lionsgate bought it, but for no MG, for zero dollars,
你知道,这不是一笔好买♥♥卖♥♥。
which is, you know, not a great deal.
我说,“好吧,总比什么都没有强。”
I'm like, "Okay, that's better than nothing."
他们并不看好它。他们不保证给我们影院排片。
They're not believing in it. They're not guaranteeing us theaters.
但后来,毫无预兆地,他们的市场部主管发来了这个预告片
But then out of nowhere, their head of marketing sends this trailer
非常棒。
that is awesome.
不!
No!
他说,“我能卖♥♥这个片子。”
And he's like, "I could sell this thing."
这感觉像是一部狮门影业的电影。
This feels like a Lionsgate movie.
你又开始工作了?
You working again?
没有,只是在处理一些事情。
No, just sorting some stuff out.
让我们想办法搞定这部电影,我们要做大规模上映。
Let's figure out how to do this movie, and we are gonna do a wide release.
然后发生了另一件像奇迹一样的事情,
And then something else happened which was like a miracle,
十月有个档期空出来了。有部电影退出了。
but there was a slot open in October. A movie fell out.
有部叫《王牌特工》的大规模上映动作片
There was this wide-release action movie called Kingsman,
不管出于什么原因,他们把档期挪到了明年春天。
and for whatever reason, they have moved the date to next spring.
正好十月份有个空档,我们就上吧。
There's this opening here in October. Let's go for it.
然后我们就想,“好吧,那么,
Then we were like, "Okay, well,
我们需要想办法让人们知道这部电影
we need to somehow let people know about this movie
还有两个月就要上映了。”
that's about to come out in two months."
于是,营销团队说,“你们知道吗?
And so, the marketing team says, "You know what?
我们可以在奥斯汀的奇幻电影节(Fantastic Fest)上首映,
We could premiere it at the Fantastic Fest Film Festival in Austin,
那大概就在我们开画周末前一两周。”
and that would be like a week or two before our opening weekend."
我们之前参与过很多大型动作片,
We've worked on so many big action movies before,
也在很多伟大的导演手下学习过。
and we've mentored under a lot of great directors.
这真是... 能有机会向人们展示
And it's been... It's really incredible to get a chance to,
我们在故事叙述和动作设计上能做什么,真的很不可思议。
like, show people what we can do storytelling-wise and action-wise.
我们放映了电影,效果炸裂(掀翻屋顶)。
We show the movie, blow the roof off the place.
人们疯狂了。推特圈也炸了。
People freak out. Twitter-space goes nuts.
粉丝们爱疯了。他们太喜欢了。
Fanboys went apeshit for it. They love it.
[康斯坦丁] 然后突然间,影评开始涌现。
[Constantine] Then all of a sudden, reviews start coming in.
评价好极了。所有人都在说,
Reviews are fantastic. Everyone's saying,
“这不仅仅是一部典型的动作片。这是有灵感的作品。”
"This is not just a typical action movie. This is inspired."
让我更惊讶的是,在买♥♥家看片会上没人想要它,
I was more surprised that nobody wanted it in that buyer screening
而不是当我们放给粉丝看的时候,
than I was when we showed it for the fanboys,
我内心深处知道他们会喜欢,因为我就是他们中的一员。
who I kind of deep down knew would like it because I'm one of them.
所以,前一分钟,我们甚至没有一个真正的院线发行计划。
And so, one minute, we didn't even really have a theatrical release.
它本来要直接发行DVD的。
It was gonna just go straight to video.
下一分钟,它就在大约1200块银幕上映了。这太棒了。
And the next minute, it's like 1,200 screens. It's pretty awesome.
这对我们所有人来说都是一场巨大的胜利,巨大的。
It was a huge win for all of us, huge.
但关于第一部电影,有一件事让我特别高兴。
But there was one thing about that first movie that I was so happy for.
它提醒了观众为什么他们爱基努。
It reminded the audience why they love Keanu.
也提醒了他们,他是一个电影明星。
And it reminded them that he was a movie star.
[威克] 人们不停地问 我是不是回来了。
[Wick] People keep asking if I'm back.
是啊,我想我回来了。
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.
而现在,你有了拍续集的机会。
And now, you have an opportunity for a sequel.
但如果我们拍《疾速追杀2》,六年后再上映,
电影精选列表