But if we make John Wick 2 and it comes out in six years,
它在观众心中的价值就不一样了。
it doesn't have the same value in the audience.
我知道在当下这个时刻,我们不能放慢脚步,
I knew at this moment in time, we cannot slow down
纠结于是否要拍《疾速追杀2》。
with the idea of if we're making a John Wick 2.
我们想不出点子,
We couldn't come up with an idea,
而且查德和我当时还接了另一个项目,
and Chad and I were attached to this other project
我真的开始爱上那个项目了,
that I was really falling in love with,
《极寒之城》(The Coldest City),现在叫《极寒之城》(Atomic Blonde)。
The Coldest City, which is now called Atomic Blonde.
我以为我们可以先一起做那个。
I thought we could do it first together.
我不知道,查德感觉他真的很想接下来做《疾速追杀2》。
And I don't know, Chad felt like he really wanted to do Wick 2 next.
而我的一部分想法是,我想做《疾速追杀2》。
And part of me was like, I want to do Wick 2.
但我知道他们找不到其他人能拍《疾速追杀2》。
But I know there's nobody they could hire that could do Wick 2.
我们只是... 这是我们共同创造的如此独特的东西。
We just... It was such a unique thing that we'd created together.
要么是查德,要么是我,要么就没人能拍。
It was either Chad or me or nobody.
他们会雇谁来拍《疾速追杀》呢?我就想,我们有时间拍《疾速追杀》。
Like, who are they gonna hire to do Wick? And I'm like, we have time to do Wick.
这个项目(指《极寒之城》)有查理兹·塞隆。已经准备就绪了。
This has Charlize. It's ready to go.
我们可以先去拍另一部电影,你知道,然后回来
And we can go make another movie, you know, and come back
等我们有了好点子再拍《疾速追杀2》。
and make Wick 2 when we have a great idea.
他当时说,“是啊,是啊,是啊,”持续了一段时间。然后他开始打退堂鼓了。
And he was like, "Yeah, yeah, yeah," for a while. And then he started to get cold feet.
我想他真的想留在《疾速追杀》的世界里。
And I think he really wanted to stay in the Wick world.
而他... 而且尽管我们还没有剧本,
And he... And although we didn't have a script,
我想他真的很想我也留下来。
he's like, I think he really wanted me to stay, too.
我想戴夫想自己单干。我们都想自己单干。
I think Dave wanted to direct on his own. We all want to direct on our own.
这就是当导演。我们都想独♥立♥。
That's directing. We all want to be on our own.
联合执导这事,如果我们像那样一起拍三部电影,
The co-directing thing, if we did three films together like that,
是的,我们就会那样合作三部电影了。
yeah, we would have done three films together like that.
长话短说,我就去找了查德,
Long and short of it, I just went to Chad,
我说,“我想执导《极寒之城》。”
and I said, "I want to direct Coldest City."
嗯,他说,“基努有个档期空窗。我同时在做这个(指《疾速追杀2》)。
Um, and he's like, "Keanu's got a window. I'm doing this at the same time.
所以,你得选择。而我说,“《极寒之城》。”
So, you got to choose. And I'm like, "Coldest City."
他就说,“什么?你要去干那个?”
He was just like, "What? You're gonna do that?"
你要抛弃我们的系列?” 我觉得他是这么想的。
You're gonna leave our franchise behind?" I think he felt like that.
我觉得他很可能说了那些话。
I think he probably said those words.
这是个巨大的打击。那感觉... 就像,哦,我的天。
It was a big blow. It was... It was like, oh, my God.
当时,我他妈气疯了。
At the time, I was fucking furious.
我说,“你♥他♥妈♥疯了吗?这可是一个系列。
I was like, "Are you out of your mind? Like, this is a franchise.
我们可是世界上最幸运的人了。你在干什么?”
Like, we're the luckiest people in the world. What are you doing?"
场面非常戏剧化。
It was very dramatic.
那就是导火索。就像,那就是,好吧(分道扬镳)。
And that was the straw. Like, that was like, okay.
对我来说,感觉就像人们分成了戴夫派或查德派。
To me, it sort of felt like people became Team Dave or Team Chad.
倒不是说查德说过,“别和戴夫合作。”
It's not like Chad ever said, "Don't work with Dave."
戴夫仍然是我们所有人中不可或缺的一部分,
Dave was still a very integral part of who we all were,
因为对我们来说,他就是戴夫,不管他对查德意味着什么。
'cause to us, he was Dave, no matter what he was to Chad.
当他离开时,更多只是觉得,“哦,伙计,我想念戴夫叔叔了。
When he left, it was more just like, "Oh, man, I miss Uncle Dave.
他是那个很酷的人。”
He was the cool one."
所以,是的,
So, yeah,
你会有点觉得,“是我的问题?是他们的问题?还是那个问题?” 你知道。
you feel a little bit like, "Is it me? Is it them? Is it that?" You know.
感觉我像个混♥蛋♥。
It felt like I was an asshole.
你知道,当然会这么想。就像,没人会无缘无故离开。
Like, you know, of course. Like, no one just leaves for no reason.
你的自尊心说是他们的问题,但希望你的大脑会说是你的问题。
Your ego says it's them, but hopefully your brain says it's you.
你有点... 也许是介于两者之间。
You kind of... Maybe it's something in the middle.
在那之前,他们只是分道扬镳了。
Up to that point, they just went their separate ways.
他们一起经营生意,是非常亲密的朋友。
They ran a business together, and they were very close friends.
但待在同一个创意驾驶舱里,我想对戴夫来说压力太大了,
But being in the same creative cockpit, I think it was too much for Dave,
我想戴夫是,“我想去做我自己的事情。”
and I think Dave was like, "I want to go do my own shit."
这对我来说是合理的,你知道?
That made sense to me, you know?
我从来没有过,“哦,戴夫不干了?” 这种感觉。
I never had, like, "Oh, Dave's not gonna do it?"
那感觉更像是,“哦,是啊,没错。你们俩都是导演,
That was like, "Oh, yeah, right. You're both directors,
一个要去做那个,另一个要去做这个。”
and one's gonna go do that, and another one's gonna do this."
我很高兴查德说,“好,我们干吧。”[笑]
I was just glad Chad said, "Yeah, let's do it." [laughs]
因为如果他没有这么说,我不知道会发生什么。
'Cause if he hadn't have said that, I don't know what would have happened.
我不知道。
I don't know.
我知道你打电♥话♥来是为了《疾速追杀2》。
I know you called for John Wick 2.
[两人] “你想拍吗?”
[both] "Do you want to do it?"
我说,“你们在想什么?”
I'm like, "What are you thinking?"
他说,“听着,我只知道我们得弄清楚”
And he's like, "Look, all I know is we just got to know"
- “我们为什么要再拍一次。”
- 是的。
- "why we're gonna do it again." - Yeah.
但我们没有剧本。我们没有任何想法。
But we didn't have a script. We didn't have any ideas.
我们真的不知道第一部电影为什么成功。
We really didn't know why the first movie worked.
我知道这么说听起来很傻,但这不是一门精确科学,对吧?
I know it sounds dopey to say, but it's not a science, right?
[斯塔赫尔斯基]
[Stahelski]
他们回来说,
They came back and said,
“所以你们觉得自己很聪明。
"So you guys think you're pretty clever.
让我们看看你们对《疾速追杀2》有什么想法。” 我知道,对吧?
Let's see what you got for John Wick 2." I know, right?
通常,当人们谈论《疾速追杀1》时,
Usually, when people talked about John Wick 1,
他们会说,“是啊,那条狗。我是说,天哪,那很棒。”
they were like, "Yeah, the dog. I mean, geez, that was great."
我们就想,“我们现在没有狗了。”
And we're like, "We don't have a dog anymore."
你打算怎么办?再杀一次狗?
What are you gonna do? You gonna kill the dog again?
- 杀只猫?
- 杀只鹦鹉?
- Kill a cat? - Kill the parakeet?
- 我们该怎么办?
- 要是再拍一遍就太可笑了。
- What are we doing?
- It would've been laughable if we did it again.
于是我们说,“呃,这...
操。我们该怎么办?”
And so, we're like, "Well, what... Fuck. What are we gonna do here?"
所以在创意上,
And so, creatively,
这是个巨大挑战
it was a big challenge
关于如何让观众在情感上
与正在发生的事情产生连接。
about how do we emotionally connect the audience to what's going on.
我们在第二部上把自己逼疯了
We kind of killed ourselves on the second one
因为我们不想让它成为
《疾速追杀1》和《2》就结束的系列。
because we didn't want it to be John Wick 1 and 2 and done.
当你想那些能拍到3、4部及以上的系列时,
它们都拍好了续集。
When you think of franchises that get to 3 and 4, beyond, they did the sequel right.
一部电影要拍到第二部
A movie is not a franchise until you've made a second movie
并且第二部成功了,
才算是系列电影,对吧?
and the second movie worked, right?
一旦两部电影都成功了,
现在你就有系列了。
Once you have two movies work, now you have a franchise.
那可能是压力最大的时候。
That was probably the most stressful.
就像在问,“我们是走运还是真有实力?”
It was like, "Did we get lucky or are we good?"
[科尔斯塔德] 我们经历了,
我想说有一百个想法。
[Kolstad] We went through, I want to say a hundred ideas.
庞大的世界观构建,
尼日利亚黑帮,三合会,
Massive universe builds, Nigerian mob, the triad,
各种版本。
any number of iterations.
不是我们讨论完就把剧本丢给编剧,
It's not like we talk about it, hand the script off to a writer,
然后说“六个月后见”。基努的写作方式是,
and then, "See you in six months." Like, Keanu's writing is like,
他会突然发短♥信♥给我一个场景,
然后我就有了一个场景段落。
out of the blue he'll text me a scene, and then I'll have a set piece.
他会发短♥信♥说,“我在想,
约翰·威克应该”...
He'll text me, "I was thinking, John Wick should"...
然后就是两页的对话。
And it's like two pages of dialogue.
我们还不知道放哪里,
但知道这是个场景。
We don't know where to put it yet, but we know it's a scene.
你知道,我为温斯顿写。
You know, I write for Winston.
我为丐帮之王写。
I write for the Bowery King.
我为约翰写。我会写场景。
你知道,我会发场景构思。
I write for John. I'll write scenes. You know, I'll send pitches of scenes.
完整场景。但它们都有主题,
“我们想表达这个主题”。
Full scenes. But they all have, like, "We want this to say, the theme is this."
是的。对。“这个场景应该是关于这个的。”
Yeah. Right. "The scene should be about this."
然后,我们怎么实现?
And then, how do we get there?
它以最随意的方式组合起来,
It comes together in the most haphazard way,
就这样持续了大概六个月。
and it's kind of like that for like six months.
就是,“我们不知道!我们不知道!”
Just, "We don't know! We don't know!"
第一部只是少数人在战壕里奋战。
For the first one, it was just a handful of people in the trenches.
第二部是指挥中心里的上千人。
And the second one, it was a thousand people in the command center.
到了第三部,你只会想,
这他妈是什么情况?
And the third one, you're just like, what in the hell?
但那是我做过最艰难的工作,
就是《疾速追杀2》。
But that was the hardest job I've ever had, was John Wick 2.
没有人能金盆洗手又回来而不付出代价。
No one gets out and comes back without repercussions.
[伊万尼克] 有两件事打破了开♥发♥的僵局。
[Iwanyk] There were two things that broke the dam on the development.
一个是血契(marker),
然后是我们想去罗马的想法。
One was the marker, and then the idea of, like, we wanted to go to Rome.
我们想去罗马。
we wanted to go to Rome.
[紧张的音乐播放中]
[tense music playing]
[斯塔赫尔斯基] 我记得我们讨论过几次,
[Stahelski] I remember we talked a couple of times, going,
“如果每个城市都有大♥陆♥酒店呢?”
电影精选列表