One could argue he's trying to keep us safe.
可以说他是想保证大家的安全
No, President Reagan has allowed our cities to decay,
不对 里根总统放任城市衰落
while he buys enough warheads
却买♥♥了大量核弹头
to destroy this planet 30 times over.
都够摧毁地球三十次了
I mean, imagine if every school could have a computer,
想象一下 如果每间学校 都能配备一台电脑
every library, every home. That is...
每个图书馆 每个家庭也都有一台 那么
Well, why don't we just buy everyone a microwave?
那为何不给每个人都买♥♥一个微波炉呢
And a television set, while we're at it.
还有电视机 正好我们正在电视直播
I'm interested in educating the next generation, not entertaining them.
我只对教育下一代有兴趣 不是娱乐他们
You know, gentlemen, this is beginning to sound
各位 这对话开始变得像是
something like a campaign debate.
总统竞选辩论了
Mr. Billy Shore, what's the story?
比利·肖尔先生 这是怎么回事
Do either of you have anything to announce?
你们俩有什么要宣布的吗
It's not gonna happen today, Alan, okay?
艾伦 今天是不可能发生的 好吗
After you, Senator. But keep asking.
参议员先生 您先请 不过请继续发问
You and your younger Democratic colleagues
您和您那些年轻的民♥主♥党同僚们
have been called the "Atari Democrats."
被称为“电玩民♥主♥党员”
I've heard. I didn't coin that.
我也听过 不是我起的名字
Have you ever played Atari? Yes,
你打过游戏机吗 打过
I've tried Asteroids a few times with my son.
我跟我儿子玩过几次《爆破彗星》
I mostly drifted around getting pelted with rocks.
我大部分时候都是飞来飞去 被石头击中
Felt like my first term in the Senate.
感觉就像是我在参议院的第一个任期
Did you see what Bono announced?
你看到波诺刚才宣布♥什♥么了吗
He's running for mayor of Palm Springs.
他要竞选棕榈泉市的市长
Oh, come on.
哦 得了吧
I can certainly guess his campaign slogan.
我都能猜到他用什么竞选口号♥
"He's got you, babe."
“他有你 宝贝”
He looks good. Yeah.
他看起来不错 对
I've read your spy novel. Well, thank you.
我看过你写的间谍小说 哦 谢谢
Hey, you guys be careful. Let's put that inside right here.
你们当心些 把那个搬到这
Now, these other candidates are all decent guys.
其他候选人都有头有脸的
They all want what's best for this country.
他们都想为美国带来最大好处
But they're not gonna win.
但他们赢不了
You know it, they know it. More importantly, George Bush knows it.
你知道 他们也知道 更重要的是 布♥什♥总统知道
That's why they're all gunning for us.
因此他们才针对我们
We lose this primary, that's it,
如果这次预选我们输了 那就完了
we can kiss the White House good-bye.
我们跟白宫说再见了
And kiss your future good-bye, because...
你们的未来也没戏了 因为
Will somebody pay the pizza guy?
谁能把钱给那个送批萨的吗
How much is it? $17.99.
多少钱 17美金99美分
If line three rings, don't pick up. That's the fax.
如果有人打三号♥线 别接 那是传真
What if line one and two are busy, though?
但如果一号♥和二号♥线占线呢
Use line four.
打四号♥线
It's amazing.
这太赞了
We have a rusting industrial base.
我们的工业基础正在衰落
How does he look that good?
他怎么那么帅
Genetics.
遗传
Whose? Don Johnson's?
遗传谁 唐约翰逊吗
Yeah. That's why I look like this.
对 所以我长这样
What if line four is busy?
如果四号♥线也占线呢
Who the fuck did this? So, when you're exhausted
这他妈是谁干的 所以 当你们因为在纳舒厄市
and your feet hurt and your fingers are frozen
连续敲了12小时门 疲惫不堪
from knocking on doors in Nashua for 12 hours straight,
脚疼 手指也冻僵了
you miss your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your
想念男朋友或女朋友
kids...
或你们的孩子时
You're tired of eating fast food and
吃厌了快餐和剩饭
leftovers because we don't pay you jack shit...
因为我们开不出工资时
I want you to think about the opportunity
我想让你们想想
that we have right here, right now.
我们此时此地有过的机会
And the cost to this great country
以及我们荒废这次机会
if we squander it.
给伟大的美国造成的损失
Anyway, let's assume Cranston's out. Who are we missing?
总之 我们假设克兰斯顿出局了 那么还差谁
Well, if Cranston doesn't know he's out,
克兰斯顿如果不知道自己出局了
somebody better tell him. Gore's looking at it.
最好有人能告诉他 戈尔在跟这件事
What, Al Gore? Is he old enough?
什么 阿尔戈尔吗 他年纪够大吗
He's 38, I think. His daddy could win him the South.
我想他38岁 他爸爸会帮他赢取南方各州的
Have you seen the wife, Tipper? Thanks.
你们见过他老婆蒂珀吗 谢谢
That's her name. There's Dukakis, maybe.
这个就是她的名字 或许有杜卡基斯
Who? The Governor of Massachusetts.
谁 马萨诸塞州州长
"Dukakis"? That's not gonna look good on a campaign poster.
杜卡基斯 这名字印在竞选海报上可不好看
Yeah, add a "K," he could win the South.
再加一个“K” 他就能赢得南部各州了
Gallup's got Hart beating Bush by 12.
盖洛普公♥司♥调查显示哈特领先布♥什♥12个点
By 12?
12个点
Jesus.
天呀
Woodward, you know the guy.
伍德沃德 你认识他
What do you think?
你怎么看
Gary Hart? He could win it.
加里·哈特 他可能会赢的
I mean, he's got the hair.
我是说他发型很棒
How many points do you think the hair is worth?
你觉得他的头发值多少点
Six points. Four, if it's windy.
六个点 有风的时候四个点
I think it's a little lofty
我觉得参议员哈特很自大
for Senator Hart to be discussing our grand future
谈论我们宏伟的未来
without crediting President Reagan...
却不承认里根总统
Come on, I'm not gonna credit...
得了吧 我才不会
...for the reforms we're seeing
对现在苏联的改革
in the Soviet Union. We did not bankrupt the Soviets.
作出的贡献 苏联破产不是我们造成的
Communism bankrupted itself morally and economically.
社♥会♥主♥义♥是在道德上和经济上自动破产的
You do not get credit for kicking down a door
已经发生的事
that's already open. Well...
不能算他的功劳 那个
I mean...
我是说
Ribbon-cutting at the end of the week
周末有剪彩仪式
and then a run-through of the grand announcement
然后在红石国家公园海拔1828米
6,000 feet above sea level at Red Rocks.
彩排重要通告的过程
Has anybody been able to get him off this weird mountain man thing?
谁能让他摆脱这个奇怪的山民形象
It's... No. He is entrenched.
这 做不到 他这形象根深蒂固
Technically, I don't think he can be entrenched
事实上 我认为他若站在山顶
if he's on top of a mountain.
就够不着“根”
Okay, thanks, Doug. There is a long, storied history
好吧 谢谢你 道格 参选宣言向来都是
of announcing one's candidacy from a drab, shit-colored ballroom with,
在枯燥 单调的舞厅里 举♥行♥的 这已有悠久历史
you know, electricity and lights.
有电和照明
And elevators.
还有电梯
Has anybody told him we can't drop balloons from a mountain?
有没有人告诉过他在山上没法放气球
Maybe we could rent a plane.
也许我们可以租一架飞机
...not just this quarter's bottom line.
不仅仅是这个季度的底线
We did not prep any of this. He's just shooting from the hip.
这些我们根本没准备过 他是临场发挥
It's unbelievable.
真是难以置信
Yo, we're gonna need water for the press.
嘿 我们需要给记者准备水
Maybe oxygen, too. I moved here two weeks ago,
或许再来点儿氧气 我两周前才搬来这里
I still can't find a decent package store.
至今仍未能找到像样的外卖♥♥店
Okay, maybe stop that, and focus on...
行了 别说了那个了 专心
She's not the one who gets the coffee, by the way.
顺便告诉你 那位同事不是斟茶倒水的
Downtime in Miami... You haven't found the one on Wynkoop?
在迈阿密的停留时间 温库普街那家你还没找到
It's right around the corner.
就在街角那里
Doesn't it close at, like, 5:00?
是不是5点关门
Can we... Can we just focus? I'll put together
你们 专心点儿行吗 我会整理几个
some local party leaders out of Fort Lauderdale.
劳德代尔堡的党领导名单
Yeah, no, we're not doing that.
我们才不会那么干
We're not getting endorsements?
我们不争取他们的支持吗
We're not filling up a photo album with people
我们不要那些
who are gonna think we owe them something.
会认为我们欠他们人情的人
Anything else we're not doing?
还有什么不做的
Yeah. No barbecues.
有 不搞烧烤大会
I love barbecues! Dix, the road
我喜欢烧烤大会 迪克森通往总统之路
to the presidency goes through the Iowa State Fair.
是要穿过爱荷华州博览会的
What about the steak fry, Dix? Not this year.
那牛排大会呢 迪克森 今年也不搞
The steak fry? Oh, my God, calm down
牛排大会 天呀 冷静下来
about the barbecues. It's not happening.
什么烧烤呀 不办
Okay, we're gonna talk about this.
好吧 我们得好好谈谈
No, we won't. Who's staffing Miami?
不用谈了 派谁去迈阿密
Billy's there all weekend.
比利整个周末都会留在那里
电影精选列表