Did Gary see it?
加里看了吗
No. We sent him to Georgetown. Steve and Kitty's.
没有 我们送他去乔治敦的 史蒂夫和基蒂家了
Yeah, who he should have gone to the fucking Derby with.
对 他本来该跟他们一起去看赛马的
Okay.
好吧
Let's go.
走吧
You're up.
你来收拾吧
It shouldn't take much.
应该不会太久
Presidential candidate Gary Hart
总统候选人加里·哈特
has dismissed allegations he's a womanizer,
否认他是一个沉溺于女色的人
challenging reporters to follow him around.
挑战记者 让他们跟踪自己
Well, this weekend, the Miami Herald did just that.
而这周末 《迈阿密先驱报》的记者 真的照做了
They're using my quote. Congratulations.
他们用了我的话 祝贺你
It's completely out of context. What context?
根本不管语境 什么语境
The only context is the idiot says, "Follow me around,"
唯一的语境是那个傻瓜说了句“跟踪我”
and then goes and fucks his mistress.
然后就去找小三了
It was a throwaway line. They're using it after the fact
那只是一句套话 他们行动之后才用我这句话
to justify their tabloid bullshit.
为自己的八卦新闻辩护
Would we have staked him out? No.
我们会监视他吗 不
If we knew about the girl? I hope not.
就算知道这个女孩的事也不会 我希望我们不会
So you get to decide what...
那么是你决定
All right, all right, that's enough.
好啦 够啦
Just covering their asses.
他们在保护自己
I swear this is true.
我发誓这事是真的
New Year's Eve after Jack died,
约翰·肯尼迪死后那年的除夕夜
Lyndon Johnson sits down with a whole bunch of us,
林登·约翰逊和我们一大堆人坐下
pulls us in close and says, "Boys, you're gonna see
靠近我们说 “伙计们 你们将看到
"a whole lot of women coming in and out of my hotel suites.
“一大堆女人进出我的酒店套房♥
"I want you to pay us the same courtesy you did Jack."
“我想让你们像对肯尼迪那样对我通融”
And we did.
我们照做了
Different time, Ben. Yeah, but why?
时机不同 本 对 但为什么呢
I mean, who decides that?
我是说 谁说了算
The readers.
读者
And if the readers want to see the candidates naked?
但如果读者想看总统候选人的裸照呢
Well, that's one kind of measuring contest.
这是一种比赛
Has anyone seen Hart?
有人见过哈特吗
No, he's gone into hiding.
没有 他一直躲着
Sweeney won't tell me where.
斯威尼不肯告诉我他在哪
He's got a big econ speech Tuesday in New York
他周二要在纽约进行重要的经济演讲
with the Newspaper Association.
有美国报业协会出席
The publishers. All right.
出版商们 好啦
Suppose we start with something small.
我们该从小处着手
通讯社撰写一篇 《迈阿密先驱报》爆料的报道
Write up a story from the wires about the Herald's little expos茅.
Are we going after Hart or the Herald?
是站在哈特这边 还是《迈阿密先驱报》那边
When Americans choose presidents, personal character traits are important,
美国人♥民♥选总统时 个人操守是重要的因素
and most candidates agree they should be.
大部分候选人都同意大家应该如此
Mom, what's going on?
妈妈 这是怎么回事
Maureen, listen to what I'm telling you. They were hiding in the bushes, okay?
莫林 听我说 他们躲在树丛里 好吗
Like fucking scavengers. Is that journalism?
像该死的拾荒者 这是记者该做的吗
Right.
对
I've got Mrs. Hart on line five.
五号♥线 是哈特夫人打来的
Maureen, listen, I got to go, okay?
莫林 听着 我得挂了 好吗
But do me a favor and remind your editors
但你帮我个忙 提醒你们的编辑们
that they run The New York fucking Times!
他们可是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的记者呀
Okay? And not Us Weekly.
行吗 又不是《美国周刊》
That's funny. You're hilarious.
搞笑 你真搞笑
You don't think he...
你不会认为他真会
You got a car?
你有车吗
No, sir.
我没有
Mrs. Hart.
哈特夫人 您好
Who are you? I'm sorry.
你是谁 不好意思
I've got no comment.
我无可奉告
Are you with the Hart campaign? I'm sorry. I've got no comment.
你是哈特竞选组的人吗 抱歉 无可奉告
Is Lee coming out? Will there be a statement?
丽会出来吗 会说些什么吗
I really don't know. I'm sorry.
我真的不知道 对不起
Do you just have time for one question? Have you had
回答一个问题行吗
any conversations with her? How are you, young man?
你跟她谈过吗 小伙子 你好吗
Steve Dunleavy, A Current Affair.
我是《时事》节目的史蒂夫邓利维
- "A Current Affair"? - Who are you going to see in there?
《时事》 你要进去见谁
You bringing a message from Gary? I don't... I got...
你是帮加里传话的吗 我不 我得
I gotta go. Please! Can you just give us a statement
我得走了 拜托 你进去之前
before you go in? Tell me your role in the Hart campaign.
能说些什么吗 告诉我你在哈特竞选组的职位
You just come to keep her company?
你只是过来陪她而已吗
Can you just bring Lee out? Just make one statement for us.
你能带丽出来吗 跟我们说句话
Have you talked to her? The kid's in there.
你跟她谈过吗 那孩子进去了
What an asshole.
混♥蛋♥
Joe Trippi, ma'am.
夫人 我是乔特里皮
We met with the campaign.
我们在竞选活动上见过面
I'm...
我是
I'm here to help.
我是来帮忙的
Okay.
好吧
What's your plan?
你有什么打算
So, it's really just a pretty simple stacking game.
这只是一个很简单的纸牌游戏
I used to play it with my grandfather.
我以前常跟爷爷玩
Everybody gets seven cards.
每人拿七张牌
So, one, two...
一 二
Sure you don't want some?
你不想喝点儿什么吗
Tea?
有茶吗
Yeah.
有
Can you make a hot tea?
能泡壶热茶吗
What's...
什么
Yes, ma'am.
好的
Why were they interrogating me?
他们为什么审问我
The standard practice for...
标准做法是
Is to get all the damaging facts out yourself, if there are any.
如果有任何不利的事实 就自己说出来
So, that way, it doesn't look like you're hiding.
这样看起来就不像是你在瞒着什么事
But they'll leave me out of it?
但他们会放过我的吧
My parents won't hear about any of this, will they?
我的父母不会知道的吧
We know what we're doing.
我们对这类事很在行
B.B. did say that you might have a job for me.
BB真的说过你可能会给我份工作
Fundraising?
筹款
I graduated magna cum laude.
我是以优等生毕业的
That's impressive.
很了不起
Do you believe it, about a job?
你相信是工作的事吗
You sound very qualified.
你听上去很符合要求
Yeah, well,
是呀
when you're a model, you know, people just assume.
做了模特 别人就有成见
That you can't be smart.
以为你不可能有头脑
Yeah.
对
I don't have that problem.
我就没有这种问题
No, I wasn't comparing. I'm kidding.
不 我不是跟你比 我开玩笑的
I mean, I don't have that problem.
我是说 我没有这个问题
But I get why you do.
但我明白你为何会有
You want some honey in that, honey?
茶里要加蜂蜜吗
Southern Comfort.
加威士忌
Well, we'll throw a little fire in there.
哦 这是要喝酒呀
We can't leave unskilled workers
我们不能让没技术的工人
wondering what happens to them and their families.
担心他们和家人会如何
I mean, when they hear the word "technology," they...
我是说 当他们听到“科技”这个词
They think you're taking away their job, so move that up.
会想到自己会下岗 所以换掉这个
Hey. How are you holding up?
嘿 你感觉如何
You know, we have to...
你知道 我们必须
When we talk about a digitized economy,
说到数字化经济
we have to talk more about equality of opportunity.
我们必须多说些平等机会
Gary, we can't hide from this.
加里 我们不能逃避这个问题
Who's hiding? I'm working.
谁在逃避 我在工作
We need to say something.
我们必须说些什么
I've already spoken to the person that matters.
我已经跟相关的人谈过了
There are stories being written right now.
现在大家正在报道这事呢
It's gossip, Dix. It'll blow over.
迪克森 那是闲话 会平息的
I don't think it's gonna "blow over."
我不认为会“平息”
电影精选列表