And we've got a guy here in Miami. A lawyer.
我们在迈阿密有个人 是个律师
I just want to...
我只想
Just let me give you his number. Really.
我给你他的电♥话♥吧 说真的
Thank you.
谢谢
Donna. Donna. Donna!
唐娜 唐娜
Are you and Gary in love?
你和加里在恋爱中吗
Was your boyfriend a drug dealer?
你的前男友是毒贩子吗
Do you have ties to the drug trade?
你参与毒品交易吗
Did he tell you that this was something you should not get involved in?
他有没有告诉你不应该参与这种事
- No. - He didn't tell you,
没有 他没告诉过你吗
Fawn or Miss Hall, whatever he called you,
金发女神或霍尔小姐 无论他叫你什么
to go home and "Don't worry about this"?
他没说过让你回家 “别为此事担心”吗
All right, this one's got turkey with cheese...
这个有火鸡肉和芝士
Back to New Hampshire. I'll take it.
回到新罕布♥什♥尔州 我要这个
Live free or die.
不自♥由♥ 毋宁死
I wonder how many people pick "die."
我想知道有多少人宁愿“死”
Is there tuna salad?
有金枪鱼沙拉的吗
No, I didn't order that. Are you sure?
没有 没买♥♥那种的 真的没有
I stand by the essential correctness of my order.
我坚持认为我买♥♥的东西内容基本正确
The essential correctness? The essential correctness.
基本正确 基本正确
I can't... I can't answer these questions anymore. It's just...
我没法 再回答这些问题了
One more presser.
再多见一个报社吧
We let them ask whatever they want,
我们让他们随便问
then we put it to bed, we get back to the big ideas.
然后就此结束 继续说大事
You have conceded that you weren't able to
你承认你当时
watch the back of his townhouse
没办法看住他家的后门
and that, therefore, the lady in question,
所以 那位故事中的女士
may have left when you thought she was still there.
有可能已经离开 而你们却认为她仍在屋内
Well, that's...
这个 这个嘛
Mr. Koppel... Ted...
科佩尔先生 泰德
If we're conceding that we're not as good as the FBI
若我们承认自己的监视技术
at conducting surveillance,
不像联邦调查局那么厉害
then I think we have no problem agreeing to that.
我想同意你刚才的假设没有问题
That's kind of cute, but that's not the point.
你的回答很幽默 但重点不在于此
The point is, did she spend the night with him?
重点是 她是否真的与他过夜了
And if, in fact, she left,
对 而且如果事实上她离开了
let's say, a half hour after she got there,
例如待了半小时就走了
which is what she claims,
她自己是这么说的
then she would not have spent the night with him.
那么她就没跟他过夜
Right.
对
Well, not right. I mean...
不是的 我是说
Is this the story that the Miami Herald drops now,
这个新闻是《迈阿密先驱报》发现的
or, I mean, do you... You feel you've worked it?
还是说 你是否觉得是你们人为操作的
I don't know what you mean by that.
我不明白你这话什么意思
Let me put to you an alternative question.
我换个问法
This wasn't a competitive story.
这个报道没有人跟你们争
There was no one else breathing down your neck on this.
没有人逼你们尽早发表此报道
You could have waited another 24 hours and got it right.
你们本可以再等24小时查清楚再说
I'm sorry, sir. I believe we did get it right.
不好意思 我相信我们已经查清楚了
You have spoken several times, Mr. Fiedler...
你已经说了若干次 菲德勒先生
Jesus.
天呀
Run this by me again.
再给我解释一遍
They're part of a P.I. report.
这些是私♥家♥侦♥探♥报告的一部分
A certain senator thought his wife was sleeping with Hart.
某个议员认为他老婆跟哈特上♥床♥了
I know this broad. Gum?
我认识这个女的 要口香糖吗
Yeah, she's a lobbyist.
对 她是个说客
No, thanks. Who?
不用了 谢谢 她是谁
We're thinking Tydings.
我们怀疑是泰丁斯的老婆
But as it turns out, Hart isn't fucking Mrs. Tydings.
但结果发现哈特并没有上泰丁斯夫人
He's been schtupping this other woman.
而是和这个女人有一腿
What a town. How did we get this?
真够乱的 这是怎么弄到的
Anonymous package. I hate that.
匿名信 我不喜欢这样
If you got something to say, just say it.
要是有话就直说
Give me some of that gum.
给我来点儿口香糖
Do you think Tydings sent it?
你觉得会不会是泰丁斯寄来的
But why? I don't know.
但他为什么要这么做 我不知道
Wait, we're not even talking about Bush here?
慢着 我们谈的都不是布♥什♥
I mean, Hart is running against the former head of the CIA.
我是说 哈特的对手可是中情局的前领导
Not yet, he's not. No return address, no note.
还没有 没有回邮地址和备注
Just a date, six months ago.
只有一个日期 是六月前
Well, there's your other shoe, Ben. Yeah.
这就是你预计会发生的事 本 对
Just because some unmarked envelope lands on our laps,
只不过是一封送上门的匿名信
that doesn't obligate us to use it.
并不代表非得派上用场不可
It shows a pattern of behavior.
是说明了他的行为习惯
Womanizing. Lies.
花♥花♥公♥子♥ 撒谎
He's not lying to us.
他没对我们撒谎
Christ, don't be so naive.
天呀 你别太天真了
Yeah, I'm sure this package landed on the lap
对 我敢肯定 这封信
of at least three other enterprising journalists.
还寄给了至少三名其他进取的记者
Okay, so can't we let some other paper use gossip as front page news?
好 那我们就不能 让其他报纸的头版登八卦新闻吗
I mean, that doesn't mean we have to. It does, A.J.
我是说 我们没必要这么做 AJ 我们必须这么做
It does now.
现在有必要了
We decline to publish, some other newspaper runs with the story.
如果我们拒绝刊登 其他报社就会用登
I don't know, the Poughkeepsie Journal, the Miami Herald.
我不知道谁会登 《波基普西日报》或者《迈阿密先驱报》
Maybe even The New York Times.
甚至《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》都可能用
And the TVs go apeshit over this stuff.
电视台为这事都炸窝了
Meanwhile, we're sitting on our high horse saying,
同时 我们却高傲地说
"Well, we still don't think it's news, because guess what,
“我们仍然不认为这算新闻 因为你们猜怎么着
"we didn't think it was news before."
“因为我们以前就不认为这算新闻”
And then the wires start running stories
然后媒体就会开始评论
about how we're not covering the one thing
说我们不报道那些
everybody else is talking about.
所有人都在热议的话题
And so on, and so on.
诸如此类
Hey, why do you hate him so much?
你怎么就这么恨他呢
I don't hate Gary Hart. I don't think I trust him.
我不是恨加里·哈特 是不信任他
That's one approach.
这也算是种想法
Why isn't that your approach?
你为何不这么看
It's your job to be skeptical.
你的工作就是质疑一切
I don't think his own wife trusts him.
我认为他自己的老婆都不信任他
Come on. You don't know that.
得了吧 你怎么知道
I don't think he respects women.
我认为他不尊重女性
Are you kidding? He loves women.
开什么玩笑 他可喜欢女人了
Too much, frankly. He uses them.
说实话 喜欢得过分了 他利用女人
Well, come on. Aren't you being a little precious?
得了吧 这话太牵强了吧
I mean, he's smart. He's handsome.
我是说 他又帅又聪明
These women are throwing themselves at him.
是这些女人投怀送抱
He is a man with power and opportunity.
他又有权 又有机会
And that takes certain responsibility.
所以他肩负责任
If he were just some day trader screwing around with cocktail girls,
如果他只是个与 鸡尾酒女郎鬼混的平头百姓
I could handle just not liking him.
我不喜欢他就算了
But as our potential next president,
但他可能成为国家下一任总统
that makes me nervous,
这就令我紧张了
and as a journalist, you ought to care.
身为记者 你理应关心这件事
Yeah.
喂
You're missing all the excitement.
你错过了所有精彩的部分
Yeah, thank God.
谢天谢地
So, it looks like
现在看来
we are turning the corner out here.
我们转危为安了
I could get you a flight.
我可以帮你买♥♥机票
What's on your mind?
你在想什么
I just keep thinking this is never gonna be over for her.
我只是在想 这件事对她来说永远不会结束
Every time she applies for a job...
她每次申请新工作
She doesn't have a staff of overeducated volunteers.
她可没有接受过高教育的义务员工队伍
As far as I can tell, she's alone.
就我所知 她是孤单一人
You got anything for me?
你有什么要告诉我的吗
Buck up, kid.
别管她了 孩子
You got work to do.
你还有工作要忙
Yeah.
对
Sorry.
抱歉
Hey, Billy. You want to let Gary know we're around,
嘿 比利 你能否告诉加里
电影精选列表