我们要做的是减轻你腰椎间盘上的压力。
What we have to do is relieve the pressure on your lumbar discs.
唯一的方法就是切断你的股肌腱并拉长它们。
The only way to do that is to sever your femoral tendons and elongate them.
你一痊愈就能走路了。
Then you'll be walking again as soon as you've healed up.
-跳舞呢?
- And dancing?
——跳舞吗?
- Dancing?
这就是导致这整个问题的原因。
That's what's caused this whole problem in the first place.
跳舞是不可能的。
Dancing's out of the question.
所以如果我的预感是对的,如果你真的得了纤维肌炎,我必须下周给你动手术。
So if my hunch is right, if you do have fibermyositis, it's imperative I operate next week.
-莎拉,请等一下,莎拉。
- Sarah, please wait a second, Sarah.
莎拉,等一下,好吗?
Sarah, just one second, okay?
莎拉,让我跟你谈谈。
Sarah, let me just talk to you.
我不知道该说什么。
I don't know what to say.
我的意思是,我甚至赶不上它。
I mean I can't even catch up with it.
我能为您做些什么吗?
Is there anything I can do for you?
告诉我,任何事,任何你想要的。
Tell me, anything, anything you want at all.
-你可以做一件事。
- You can do one thing.
——什么?
- What?
-别告诉克里斯托弗。
- Don't tell Christopher.
如果他知道了,他不会让我继续说下去的。
He won't let me go on if he knows.
-我不会告诉他但你不能-保证?
- I won't tell him but you can't- - promise?
-我保证。
- I promise.
——谢谢。
- Thanks.
你回家吧,我没事。
You go home, I'm okay.
去吧,明天见。
Go on, see you tomorrow.
-嘿,伙计,你在外面干什么?
- Hey man, what you doing out here?
-坐在门廊上。
- Sitting on the stoop.
这是纽约的老♥习♥俗,你没听说过吗?
It's an old New York custom, you never heard of it?
-别跟我胡扯。
- Don't give me that crap.
你这辈子都没坐过那个门廊。
You never sat on that stoop in your life.
你还等什么回家?
What are you waiting for 38 to come home?
-嘿,我要不要去你的公♥寓♥,问你为什么坐在罐头上看《好色客》?
- Hey do I come in your apartment, say how come you're sitting on the can reading hustler?
-谁告诉你的?
- Who told you that?
-到处都是
- It's all over the neighborhood.
别担心,进去,看看电视,试着放松自己。
Don't worry about it, go in, watch some TV, try to relax yourself.
-我对天发誓,如果我发现是谁在这栋楼里谈论我,肯定会有地板漏水或者我的名字不是乔治·华盛顿·门罗。
- I swear to Christ when I find out who's talking about me in this building, there's gonna be some leaky flooring or my name isn't George Washington monero.
不给糖就捣蛋。
Trick or treat.
-天啊,你来对地方了。
- Oh boy, you came to the right place alright.
好了。
There you go.
吃吧,我们有无花果和枣子还有各种好吃的。
Dig in, we got figs and dates and all kinds of good things in there.
那是饼干吗?
Is that a cookie?
-是的,但我只有一个。
- Yeah, but I only got one.
-没关系,我们分了。
- That's okay, we'll split it.
-好吧,我楼上还有几个。
- Yeah okay, I got a few more upstairs.
你确定不要在路上吃点无花果吗?
You sure you don't want some figs for the road?
-不,没关系,你吃吧,对你有好处。
- Nah it's okay, you eat 'em, they're good for you.
它们有助于消化。
They help your digestion.
-嗨,卢。
- Hi Lou.
-你好,莎拉。
- Oh hi Sarah.
-你在干什么?
- What are you doing?
-嗯,大约晚上这个时候,我总是坐在门廊上。这是纽约的一个古老♥习♥俗。
- Well, around this time of night, I always sit on the stoop. It's an old New York custom.
你愿意和我一起去吗?
Would you care to join me?
-别介意。
- Don't mind if I do.
-我跟希德说再见了。
- I said goodbye to Syd.
-希德谁?
- Syd who?
-你知道,腌牛肉三明治。
- You know, the corned beef sandwiches.
-哦,是的,微笑城市。
- Oh yeah, smile city.
-是的,没错。
- Yeah that's right.
从现在起就是芹菜城♥堡♥。
From now on it's celery castle.
我来吧。
I got this.
这是半磅的大豆汉堡,纯天然的。
It's a half pound of soya burger, all natural.
里面有大豆,枣子,无花果,植物。
Got soya beans in there, dates, figs, plant life.
我不知道他们在里面放了什么,但我已经感觉好多了。
I don't know what they got in there but I feel better already.
你和罗杰的约会怎么样?
So how was your date with Roger?
-那不是约会
- Oh, it wasn't a date.
他只是想谈谈,仅此而已。
He just wanted to talk, that's all.
首演前他很紧张。
He gets nervous before opening night.
我能来点那个吗?
Can I have some of that?
——确定。
- Sure.
-不,不,是啤酒
- No, no, the beer.
-是麦芽酒。
- Oh, well it's ale.
-那就更好了。
- That's even better.
-你应该这么做吗?我是说,你不是应该在吃小麦胚芽之类的东西吗?
- Should you be doing that? I mean ain't you supposed to be on some kind of wheat germ routine or something?
-我厌倦了例行公事。
- I'm tired of routines.
我今晚要休息。
I'm taking the night off.
-你想全力以赴吃点意大利面吗?
- You want to go all out and put away some pasta?
-为什么?
- Why not?
-你上了。
- You're on.
我们不能在这里乱扔垃圾。
We can't be litterbugs here.
关于这个地方,有件事我得告诉你。
There's one thing I should tell you about this joint.
我准备好了。
I'm ready.
你得为你的扁面条唱歌♥。
You got to sing for your linguine.
我的烤肉可以配恰恰吗?
Could I cha-cha for my cacciatore?
-意大利面,意大利面,你又要让我输了。
- Pasta, pasta, you're gonna make me lose a bet all over again.
——好的。
- Okay.
你在看什么?
What are you looking at?
——她。
- Her.
-是啊,她很漂亮,不是吗?
- Yeah, she's pretty, ain't she?
-是的。
- Yeah.
-是的。
- Yeah.
你知道她是做什么的吗?
You know what she does?
她的舞蹈。
She dances.
我今天见到她了。
I saw her today.
她像这只美丽的魔法鸟一样起飞了。
She takes off like this beautiful magic bird.
她飞得那么高,有时你会觉得她永远不会下来。
She flies so high there's a moment there you think she's never gonna come down.
你知道那些在天堂里飞来飞去的天使吗?
You know all the angels flying around up in heaven?
是的。
Yeah.
-他们都在做笔记,看能不能和她一样好。
- Well they're all taking notes to see if that can get as good as her.
-她看起来像个天使。
- She looks like an angel.
-嘿,嘿,caruso,让开。
- Hey, hey caruso, move.
你进去吃点面包。
You go inside yeah, you eat some bread.
-哦,不,没有面包。
- Oh no, no bread.
我们等着上沙拉。
We'll wait for the salad.
我们在努力保持健康
We're trying to get healthy here.
只有沙拉和一点意大利面。
Just salad and a little pasta.
奶奶,我长大后能成为一名舞者吗?
- Grandma, can I be a dancer when I grow up?
这是美国,你想做什么就做什么。
- This is america, you be anything you want.
罗斯和法布里齐奥把这个地方看起来就像他们在罗马郊外相遇的地方。
- Rose and fabrizio made this place look just like the place where they met just outside of Rome.
所以每当他们想家的时候,他们就会回到这里喝咖啡。
So whenever they get homesick they come back here and sip their Espresso.
这是他们的桌子。
This is their table.
-我觉得他们喜欢你。
- I thinkthey like you.
-是的,我写过一次关于他们的专栏
- Yeah, I did the column on 'em one time.
我叫它什么来着?
What'd I call that?
在没有钱的美好时光里。
In the good old days before money.
-那是怎么回事?
- What was that about?
-嗯,当他们第一次在这里开张的时候,他们给包厘街那些吃得不好的人提供免费的饭菜。
- Well, when they first opened up over here they were giving free meals to guys on the bowery who weren't eating so good.
这些人会过来帮他们做作业。
Well these guys would come in and help them out with the work.
每个人都很开心。
And everybody was happy.
谢谢你,托尼。
Thanks, Tony.
-为什么我走在纽约,所有的东西看起来都那么恶心,而你走在纽约,你看到的都是好故事?
- How come I walk around New York and everything looks so icky and you walk around New York and all you see are good stories?
-哦,但那是故事的一部分,那些恶心的东西。
- Oh but that's part of the story, that yucky stuff.
你看,这里有八♥九♥百万人都在这个水泥小岛上日复一日地努力生活。
Look, you got eight or nine million people here all trying to make it on this little concrete island day in and day out.
但每隔一段时间,就会有一些我们闻所未闻的玩具制♥造♥商爬上世界最高建筑的一侧,或者一些失恋的爱斯基摩人
But every once in a while, some toy maker we never heard of climbs up the side of the world's tallest building or some brokenhearted eskimo
救了一个疯狂的会计,免得淹死在东河里。
saves some crazy accountant from drowning in the east river.
这很了不起。
That is something.
-我想是的。
- I guess it is.
——确定。
- Sure.
谢谢。
Thanks.
一个人在臭气熏天的混凝土中做了一件他们从未想过会做的事。
One human being doing something they never thought they could right in the middle of the concrete and the stink.
然而不知何故,我们都是其中的一部分。
Yet somehow, we're all part of that.
我告诉你,如果我们能在纽约战胜困难,我们就能做任何事。
I'll tell you, if we can beat the odds in New York, we can do anything.
电影精选列表