附庸风雅
You're such a snob.
我没有
I'm not a snob.
你认为就因为你读了所有书
You think that just because you read everything
所以你比所有人都更聪明 更优秀
you're so much smarter and better than everyone.
你认为就因为我读了所有书
You think that just 'cause I read anything
我就附庸风雅了
that I am a snob.
这是你的偏见
This is your bias.
那你的偏见是你认为
Well, your bias is that you think that
打曲棍球的人都是失控的疯子
people who play hockey are out of control crazy.
不 我不这么看每个打曲棍球的人
Nope, I don't think that about everyone who plays hockey.
你才是那个老被踢出比赛的
You're the one who keeps getting kicked out of games.
倒是你为什么总是打架
Why do you get into so many fights, anyway?
我不会随便和人吵架
I don't go out and randomly start arguing with people.
啥 你难道想说是对方先动手的吗
What, so "he started it" is your defense?
差不多
Kind of, yeah.
上一场比赛和那裁判的事是因为
The thing with the ref at the last game?
对方有人挤我一个队友的墙
Someone on the other team boarded a guy on my team.
挤墙
Boarded?
就是很大力地把他推到墙上
Pushed him into a wall excessively.
裁判没有看到
The ref didn't see it.
所以我去告诉他 然后事情有点失控了
So I went to tell him and things kinda escalated from there.
所以你在维护你的队友
So you were defending your teammate.
是 你可以随便怎么对我
Yeah. You can do what you want to me,
我不在乎 我受得了
I don't care. I can take it.
但你不能整我的队友
But you don't mess with my teammates
或者我关心的人
or people I care about.
还挺贴心的
That's rather nice.
我也有好的时候
I have my moments.
你可能是对的
And you might be right.
关于什么
About what?
在真正聪明的人面前我可能有点抵触性
I can be a bit defensive around really smart people.
我没那么聪明
I'm not that smart.
我说的不是你
Oh, I wasn't talking about you.
你好 亚当
Hi, Adam.
你好 坎贝尔女士
Hi, Ms. Campbell.
诺亚 在这见到你很高兴
Noah, it's so nice to see you here.
妈妈每周都带我来
Mom brings me every week.
那太棒了
That's wonderful.
顺便说一下 她认为是你们的错
By the way, she thinks it's your guys' fault
我们才输掉了比赛
that we lost the tournament.
不无道理
Oh. She probably has a point.
记住 诺亚
Just remember, Noah.
胜利不是一切
Winning is not everything.
亚当说能赢就是最好的
Adam said winning's the best.
我可不记得我说过一模一样的话
Now, I don't know if I used those exact words.
你说只有失败者
You said only losers-
好的 诺亚 很高兴见到你
Ok, Noah. So good to see you.
告诉你妈妈我会付治疗费的
Tell your mom I'll pay for therapy.
孩子们都爱我
Kids love me.
父母也爱
And parents...
亚当和玛莉
有猫腻噢?
你得让他们撤回这个报道
You have got to make them retract this.
为什么
Why?
因为我们不是一对
Because we are not an item.
这上面没说你们是呀
It doesn't say that you are.
它只是问了一个问题
It asks a question
答案是什么他们都说得过去
which allows them to get away with just about anything.
我不想让人们这么想我们
I do not want people thinking this about us.
这么想我
About me.
重要的是他们在关注你
The important thing is that they are thinking of you.
她说得对
She's right.
我是说 看看这些顾客
I mean, look at all these customers.
今天店里的人比以前多多了
We've had more people in the store today than we've had
比过去一个月的总和还多
in the past month combined.
是的 但大多数人什么都不买♥♥
Yes, but most of them aren't buying anything.
他们只是想知道我是否在和亚当约会
They just wanna know if I'm dating Adam.
或者 他最喜欢什么颜色
And, like, what's his favourite colour?
他最喜欢绿色
Which is green.
我为什么会知道这个
Why do I know this?
玛莉 你只要相信这个计划就行了
Mary, you just have to believe in the plan.
计划
Plan.
我在找另一件好事让你们俩参与进去
I'm looking for another good thing to put the two of you in
但同时我们还在推动大型周年聚会的工作
but in the meantime we're working on the big anniversary party.
那将真正扭转局面
That'll really be what turns things around.
好的
Right.
好的 我得走了 稍后给你打电♥话♥
Ok. I have to go. Call you later.
谢谢 珍妮特
Thanks, Janet.
我为你感到骄傲 知道吗
I'm very proud of you, you know?
为我
Me?
为什么
Why?
你在尝试新鲜事
You're trying new things.
敢于接受新思想
Opening up to new ideas.
你对任何可能性都有热切的期待
You're excited about the possibility of what could-
有话快放
What do you want?
我想把今晚的读书会录成播客
I wanna record tonight's Book Chat as a podcast.
不
No.
不行
No.
你知道我不喜欢在一大堆人面前讲话
You know I don't like talking in front of a lot of people.
你不会看到他们的
It's not like you're gonna see them.
而且 我会把你说的家里人的坏话
And besides, I'll edit out the parts where you embarrass
和店里的惨状的话都剪掉
our family and bring about the ruination of the store.
嘿
Hey.
收到你的消息了 怎么了
Got your message. What's up?
你有亚当的消息吗
Have you heard from Adam?
今天他在做图书收藏的事
He was doing that library thing today
我预感可能有点不妙
and I was expecting some sort of disaster.
不 实际上进展不错
No, it went fine, actually.
你看到这个了吗
In fact, did you see this?
亚当和玛莉
有猫腻噢?
哦
Oh.
是啊
Yeah.
好吧
Ok.
雨我无瓜
I can live with that.
那就好
Oh, that's good.
你不介意吗
It doesn't bother you?
为什么我要介意
Why would it bother me?
因为你和亚当之前在一
Well, because you and Adam were-
我甩了他
I broke up with him.
好吧
Ok.
困扰我
Bother me.
开玩笑
That's ridiculous.
大家好 欢迎来到此页书店读书交流会
Hi everyone, and welcome to On the Same Page Book Chat.
今天同时在录播客 所以如果谁想发言
We're recording a podcast today so if you wanna say something
就用麦克风 好吗
use a microphone, ok?
好啊
Ok.
玛莉 到你了
Mary, over to you.
好啊
Ok.
这周我们品鉴哪本书
Uh, what book are we doing this week?
赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯的《世界之战》
War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells.
抱歉 迟到了
Sorry I'm late.
哦 谢谢
Oh, thank you.
玛莉 继续说
Mary, you were saying.
好
Yes.
赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯的这一本《世界之战》
War-War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells,
经常被人同1938年奥逊·威尔斯编导的
often associated with the 1938 radio drama
同名广播剧所联♥系♥起来
of the same name by Orson Wells.
等下
Oh, and also-
说一下你的名字
And-and say your name.
我是亚当·克雷波恩
Adam Clayborn.
来自丹佛冰球队
Of the Denver Royals.
电影精选列表