算不上
Not really.
乱讲
That's not true.
他 你有去寻求过建议
He-well, you've gone to advisors,
只是还没弄清楚该怎么做
you just haven't figured out exactly what to do yet.
其实只要做你该做的就行了 宝贝儿
Well, you gotta do what you gotta do, kiddo.
泰勒 你妈妈说的对
Your mother is right, Tyler.
我是说 如果有人给你出谋划策
I mean, if you've got these advisors giving you advice
你应该虚心接受
you should listen to it.
即便是一些让你感到不舒服的建议
Even if it means doing something outside of your comfort zone.
等等 比如出海吗
Wait, like going on a cruise?
孩子们看 这就是我娶你妈妈的原因
And that right there, kids, that is why I married your mother.
请帮我要倒点酒
I'll take some wine, please.
给我也来点
Yeah, me too.
我感觉我像是被校长扣留了
I feel like I'm waiting for the principal to put me in detention.
还不至于那么糟
It's not that bad.
我打算这么告诉艾丽卡的
That's what I tried to tell Erica.
哦 不要误会我
Oh, don't get me wrong,
这样不行 不过还有得挽回
it's bad but we can repair this.
我们只需要想办法让别人喜欢你
We just need to find a way to make people... like you.
他们本来就喜欢我
People like me.
不
Oh, no.
他们不喜欢
They don't.
昨晚艾丽卡打给我后我立即做了调查
I had my team do a flash poll last night after Erica called me
结果 反应不太好
and, well, the results... they weren't good.
电♥话♥销♥售♥的好感度都比你高
Telemarketers have higher likeability than you do.
太难过了
That's disturbing.
但好消息是他们想要接受你
But the good news is that they want to like you.
他们喜欢第二次机会这个想法
They love the idea of a second chance
他们也愿意给你一次机会
and they are open to giving you one.
怎么给
How?
其实我有一个之前用过的策略
Well, one strategy I've used in the past is sort of like
有点像伙伴系统
a buddy system.
我们帮你和社区里受尊敬的人配对
We pair you with a respected member of the community,
那些人或许能抵消你的一点坏印象
someone who can balance things out.
这样的话霉菌还比我更好搞
According to this, mould has a higher score than I do.
谁愿意和我配对
Who would want to be paired with me?
一定让你大吃一惊
You'd be surprised.
我们介绍你参加当地的活动
We get you involved in local activities,
大概是一些志愿者的工作
maybe do some volunteer work,
对你和配对的人来说都是很好的公♥关♥
it's good PR for both you and whoever we pair you up with.
你现在有中意的人吗
Did you have someone in mind?
还没有 但是
Not yet, but...
抱歉 等一下
Sorry, hold on.
你好
Hi.
把她带进来
Send her in.
玛莉
Mary.
嗨
Hi.
很抱歉没有通知你就过来了
I'm so sorry to come by unannounced,
我只是想弄清楚
I just wanted to be very clear
我已经做好了一切准备工作
that I am so ready to do whatever it takes to make this work.
太棒了 因为我知道该做什么
Excellent, because I know just what to do.
我要让你和我的一位客户配对
I'm going to pair you with one of my other clients
你们可以解决彼此的问题
and you are both going to solve each other's problems.
那太好了
That's wonderful.
是谁呢
Who?
玛莉·坎贝尔
Mary Campbell,
亚当·克雷波恩
Adam Clayborn.
是你
You.
我们可以开始了吧
Shall we get started?
不可以
No.
冰球队会承担所有费用
The hockey team will pay for everything.
这样我们就可以一起
This way we can put together a big to-do
为这家店成立四十周年做一件大事
for the 40th anniversary of the store,
他可以主持或是在运动衫上签名之类的
and he can host it or sign jerseys or something.
我们能赞助初级冰球队 你可以是教练
We can sponsor a junior hockey team, you can coach it.
你和一群可爱的孩子
You and cute kids?
这是一种快速提升亲和力的方法
This is the kind of immediate boost of goodwill
你只有这样才能回到队伍
that you need in order to get back on the team.
因为一旦成功
Because when it works,
我们可以把一个粗鲁的冰球运动员
when we take an uncouth hockey player
培养成一个有教养的书迷
and turn him into a cultured book lover
一个可以帮助社团的书迷
who helps the community,
你会因此名声在外
you are going to get the credit for that.
你可以成为英雄
You can be the hero that rescues
拯救你钟爱的社区服务机构
the beloved neighbourhood institution.
就好像你是超人
It's like you're Superman
而她是你的路易斯·莱恩
and she's your Lois Lane.
路易斯·莱恩为普遍意义上超人的妻子
你就像是亨利·希金斯
It's like you're Henry Higgins
二人为经典美国电影《窈窕淑女》中的男女主角
对他的伊莉莎·杜莉特
to his Eliza Doolittle.
这正是你改造书店的第二次机会
It's a second chance you need to reinvent the bookstore.
另外 如果事情如你所说的那样糟糕
Besides, if things are as bad as you say they are,
你就需要一个新的开始
you need a fresh start.
你需要做一番大事来拯救你的书店
You need to do something big to save the bookstore.
你需要一个新的开始
You need a new beginning.
这可能是你挽救职业生涯的最后的机会
This could be your last chance to save your career
为了改善你的形象
To improve your image,
相信我这肯定是个好主意
just trust me this is going to be fantastic.
我已经后悔了
I'm already regretting this.
这肯定是一团糟
This is going to be a disaster.
给他次机会
Give it a chance.
早上好
Good morning.
我是珍妮特·邓利维
Hi, Janet Dunleavy.
你好我是玛莉的哥哥泰勒
Hi, I'm Mary's brother, Tyler.
你就是亚当·克雷波恩
And you are Adam Clayborn.
我是你的头粉
I'm a huge fan.
能看出来
I can see that.
等一下 玛莉 泰勒
Wait, Mary, Tyler,
看来事情没那么简单啊
there's gotta be more to that story.
这是我妈妈最喜欢的节目
That's our mother's favourite show.
此处暗指他们名字来自于美国上世纪七十年代♥开♥播的电视剧《玛丽·泰勒·摩尔秀》
还有更难听的
It could be worse.
可以叫你们乔安和恰奇
You could be called Joanie and Chachi.
亦是一部老牌电视剧《乔安爱恰奇》的男女主角名
我们直接开始吧
Why don't we get started?
首先 一个好消息
So, first up great news.
我已经拿到了举办冬季庆典的许可了
I got a permit to do a winter fest party out in front
可以直接在店门口办
of the bookstore for the 40th anniversary,
这是我们能接触到很多人的大好机会
which is our big chance to reach a lot of people at once.
四周后举♥行♥
It's in four weeks.
四周后
Four weeks?
有足够时间准备好所有事吗
Is that enough time to get everything ready?
就是我们在这的原因
Mmmhmm. That's why we're here.
我们得集思广益
We can brainstorm ideas.
我们要的是一个大胆的博人眼球的方案
We need a big one, a showcase idea.
谁有想法
Anybody?
食物车怎么样
How about a food truck?
一个可以提供咖啡的食物车
Maybe one that serves coffee.
织花又是哪来的
How's the quilt coming?
我只是没有见过哪个书店
I'm just saying I've never seen a bookstore
不卖♥♥咖啡
that didn't have coffee.
你经常去吗
Visit a lot of them, do you?
你又不了解我
You don't know me.
你最近读的一本书是什么
What was the last book you read?
是《体育画报》吧
Oh, and Sports Illustrated?
美国知名体育周刊
那可算不上书
Not a book.
好了 消停一会儿吧
Ok, why don't we put a pin in that?
不如来聊一聊
How about we talk about the junior hockey team
我们要赞助的那个球队吧
we're going to sponsor?
我们会找摄影师来
We'll get a photographer to come out and get Adam
并且让亚当教孩子们打球 参加比赛
电影精选列表