You'll get a coupon you can give to your mom
享受8折优♥惠♥ 好吗
for 20 percent off, ok?
棒 谢谢
Great. Thanks.
哇
Ouch.
我知道
I know.
我真喜欢你交换书本的想法
I do love your book exchange idea, though.
我是说 把书捐给图书馆
I mean, give a book to the library,
获得新书的折扣
get a discount on a new one,
这是一个值得一试的想法
that is a showcase idea.
那不只是一个想法
Oh, that's not the showcase idea.
本来是亚当负责的那个
Adam took care of that.
他今晚本来会和你亲自说
He was gonna tell you himself tonight
但由于他不在这
but since he's not here...
太 太棒了
It's-it's so nice.
但我不太理解
But I don't get it.
看看另一边
Look on the other side.
真可爱
That's lovely.
所以这些就是他为周年派对的补偿吗
So what, he got these made up for the anniversary party?
不 他为下一场皇家队主场的比赛
No, he had 20,000 made
赚了2万
for the Royals' next home game.
此页书店是粉丝赠品的官方赞助商
On the Same Page is the official sponsor of the fan giveaway
他保证整场比赛和转播期间
and he's made sure that the bookstore will be featured
书店都会是热点
throughout the game and during its telecast.
他可真是太大方了
That's incredibly generous.
我还在微笑吗
Am I still smiling?
我麻木了
I can't feel my face.
你做得很棒
You're doing fine.
亚当不会再和裁判争执了
No sign of the Adam that argues with referees.
我希望那个他永远消失了
Well, I hope he's gone for good.
我也希望
I hope so, too.
我得到了积极反馈
I'm getting positive feedback.
我父亲很高兴
My father is pleased.
你父亲高兴时就是这样吗
That's how your father looks when he's pleased?
是的
Yeah.
看起来像是要念我家孩子成绩单似的
It made report card time very confusing as a kid.
推广
Circulate.
去做推广
Go circulate.
对
Right.
感谢你的到来
Thank you for being here.
我应该的
Of course.
作为球队的一份子
Part of being a team player.
干得不错
Pretty impressive.
我们很快就会开始交流会了
We're gonna start the Book Chat shortly.
准备好了吗
Are you ready?
我很紧张
I'm nervous.
我平时怎么跟你说的
What do I always tell you?
你不是紧张 你是在乎
You're not nervous, you care.
没错
You're right.
对
Right.
我非常在乎
I care a lot.
但你知道 我也有点等不及
But you know, there's also a part of me that kinda can't wait
想要挺身而出 而且我也能做到
to get out there and I can do this.
我想这次我就来起个头吧
I think I'm gonna lead this one.
什么
What?
你是谁 你对我姐姐做了什么
Who are you and what have you done with my sister?
我来告诉你她是谁
I'll tell you who she is.
她是那个会对自己的成就
She's somebody who should be very proud
深感自豪的小姑娘
of what she's accomplished.
爸爸
Dad...
谢谢 爸爸
Thanks, dad.
是的
Yeah.
我想此页书店
You know, I think On the Same Page
就说明全部了
just might make it after all.
我不是说书店
I'm not talking about the store.
我想介绍我们最好的队员之一
I'd like to introduce one of our best players,
也是我们最身经百战的队员之一
and certainly one of our most colourful.
但他上个月很不好过
But he's worked hard in the last month
我想你们在新闻上都看到结果了
and I think you've seen the results of that in the press.
我亲眼目睹他如何变得更好
I personally have seen how he's changed for the better.
女士们先生们 有请亚当·克雷波恩
Ladies and gentlemen, Adam Clayborn.
谢谢大家前来支持
Thank you, everyone, for coming out to support
此页书店40周年纪念
the 40th anniversary of On the Same Page!
我很荣幸介绍拥有人之一
I am thrilled to introduce one of the owners
也是我们今晚聚集在此的推动因素
and the driving force behind why we're all here tonight,
玛莉·坎贝尔
Mary Campbell.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
有一堆我要道歉的事
There are a bunch of things I'm sorry about.
我过去的行为就是其中之一
My past behaviour is one.
它影响了团队和我
It affected the team and my overall image
在社区的总体形象
within the community.
我在尽我所能弥补
I'm doing my best to fix that.
此页书店已经成立40年
On the Same Page has been here for 40 years.
我要说我意识到 作为社区的一份子
I must say I'm realizing that being part of a community,
作为团队一员
being part of a team,
意义不只是身在此处
it's-it's about more than just being present.
我对球队感到自豪
I'm proud of this team.
我也很自豪能成为其中一员
And I'm proud to be a member of it.
曾几何时我忘了
I think I forgot for a while
何为真正的团队合作
what real teamwork looked like.
我经常说 书中自有颜如玉
I always say that the entire world is right there
书中自有黄金屋
in that bookstore.
有时我想我真的忘了
And sometimes I think I do forget
读万卷书 也要行万里路
that the entire world is out there, too.
艾丽卡说她觉得我变得更好了
Erica said that she thinks I've changed for the better.
希望如此
I hope that's true.
我想是这样
I think it is.
就像我热爱这比赛
As much as I love this game...
现在我也意识到真正重要的是什么
I've realized now what's also really important.
所以原谅我 但我必须得到它
So please excuse me, but I have to go get it.
亚当
Adam!
如果你走了我不知道我爸爸会不会原谅你
If you leave I don't know if my father will forgive you.
如果我不走 我就无法原谅自己
If I don't leave I won't be able to forgive myself.
你在拿你整个职业生涯冒险
You're risking your entire career.
如果我都不能使你信服
Well, I hope that I'll be able to prove to some other team
我要怎么向其他球队证明
that I am that better person I've been trying to be.
我已经努力变得更好了
That is, if I can't convince you first.
我们周一再说这个
Let's talk about this Monday.
你要迟到了
You're gonna be late.
正式声明 你甩了我
For the record, you broke up with me.
谢谢
Thank you.
我有过离家很近的冒险体验
I have been having the close to home kind of adventures.
他们并不都很顺利
They haven't all gone well,
但有个很聪明的人告诉我
but as someone very smart once told me,
重要的不是你摔多少次
it doesn't matter how many times you fall down.
重要的是你有多少次还能再站起来
It only matters how many times you get back up again.
我想借这种冒险精神
It is in that spirit of adventure that I would like
开始今晚的读书交流
to kick off tonight's book chat.
你们有多少人读过《汤姆·索亚历险记》
How many of you have read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer?
太好了
Oh good.
我好高兴 因为这是我最爱的书之一
I'm so glad because this is one of my very favourite books.
你每本书都这么说
You say that about every book.
你在这干什么
What're you doing here?
我只是来聊聊书
I just came to chat about a book.
那回归球队呢
But what about getting back on the team and-
也许我该考虑下一步了
Maybe it's time I started thinking about what's next.
因为很明显我想到了
'Cause apparently I come up
非常不可思议的商业计划
with really incredible business ideas.
真的吗
Really?
我很擅长这个
I'm quite good at it.
其实 这个派对大部分都是我的主意
电影精选列表