我们退休时这家书店就已经很糟糕了
The store was struggling when we retired.
我们甚至有想过把店关掉
We even thought about closing it to save you
免得让你来承担这个责任
from having to deal with the responsibility.
我们知道这种情况总会发生的
We knew it was gonna happen at some point.
但我没想到
But I didn't.
那对我来说不仅仅是责任
On the Same Page is not just a responsibility.
这是我们的家
It's our family.
不 不是这样
No, no.
这才是我们的家
This is our family.
就在这
Right here.
并且即使书店不在了我们也还在这里
And we will be here even if the bookstore isn't,
亲爱的
sweetheart.
所以你们不生气吗
So you're not mad?
我们怎么会对你生气呢
How could we be mad at you?
不过 事情还没结束呢 别放弃
Well, we're not done trying yet.
而且周年纪念聚会还是得开
And the anniversary party can still work.
亚当也在帮忙 对吗
And Adam's helping out, right?
我不想去指望着他
I don't wanna have to count on him.
亚当
Hey, Adam.
你在这干嘛
What're you doing here?
我在找玛莉
I was looking for Mary.
我试着打电♥话♥给她
I tried to call her.
对 她去市政厅拿
Oh yeah, no, she went down to City Hall to get the permit
明天晚上的冬季聚会的许可了
for tomorrow night's Winterfest party.
好吧 你要是看到她请告诉她
Well, when you see her will you let her know
我有话对她说 好吗
I really need to talk to her please?
没问题
Sure.
谢了
Thanks.
亚当
Adam?
这一路来不容易
You've come a long way, you know.
怎么说
How so?
你在生活中遇到了很多挑战
Well, you've faced a lot of challenges in your life.
你是个好男人
You're a good man,
并且你肯定带给玛莉许多积极的影响
and you've made such a positive impact on Mary.
这家书店 这是她的全世界
This bookstore, this is her entire world.
从她还是个小孩子开始
Has been since she was a little kid.
有的时候她会忘记
And sometimes she forgets
外面有一个完全不同的世界
there's a whole other world out there,
不过最近几周她开始出去玩
but these last few weeks she's been out having fun,
去冒险
taking chances.
对 不过我们做的许多事情
Yeah, but a lot of the stuff we did was
都是因为珍妮特让我们去做的
because Janet told us to.
你在这件事上没有发言权吗
And you had no say in the matter, huh?
别这样
Come on.
亚当 如果玛莉自己不想做的话
Adam, Mary wouldn't have done all those things
她是不会做这些事的
if she didn't want to.
而且她肯定不能独自完成这些事
And she certainly wouldn't have done it alone.
你帮了她很大的忙 孩子
You have made an impact, son.
无论你本意是否如此
Whether you intended to or not.
你很擅长影响[撞击]别人
You're pretty good with the impact yourself.
对 我还可以不用头盔
Yeah, and I do it without a helmet.
谢了 保罗
Thanks, Paul.
我昨天晚上在电视上看了比赛 我觉得
So I watched the game on TV last night and I think
有可能16号♥选手在他击球之前
it's possible that number 16 is not getting enough contact
与冰面的联♥系♥不够
with the ice before he shoots.
现在你成了冰球专家吗
Now you're a hockey expert?
对 我觉得我带来了一个新的学术[专业]观点
I think I bring a fresh academic perspective, yes.
只有档你面前有一群大块头
Because that's what you want when you've got
朝你跑过来的时候
a bunch of huge guys coming at you,
脑子里想的才是真正的专业观点
is an academic perspective.
我想应该应该有足够的时间反应
Well, I think there's room for a lot
而不是把脸凑上去
more than hit with stick now.
无情无♥耻♥
You're impossible.
无理取闹
You're intractable.
所以 你为什么让我到这来见你
So... why did you ask me to meet you here?
这个地方 是我的家
This place... it's my home.
并且我非常想念它 但
And I've really missed it, but...
但是什么 说清楚呀
But what? Out with it.
球队在举办一场盛大的VIP活动
The team is hosting a big VIP event and they want me
他们希望我参加作为我回归的条件
to attend as a condition for taking me back.
很好 有什么问题
That's great. What's the problem?
就在明天晚上
It's tomorrow night.
你必须参加
You have to do it.
周年派对怎么办
What about the anniversary party?
亚当 这是你的职业
Adam, it's your career.
这是你一直追求的
It's what you've been doing all this for.
我全权负责派对推广
I'm all over the advertising for the party.
我是活动重要的一部分
I'm a big part of the event.
如果我缺席
If I don't show,
难道现在你已经重要到
What, so now you're so important
没了你派对就开不了吗
that it can't go on without you?
我知道你想干嘛
I know what you're trying to do.
你希望使我抓狂让我放弃派对
You're trying to make me mad so I walk away from the party.
你不能错失
You cannot pass up the opportunity
回归球队的机会
to get back on the team.
重新上路
To get back on the road.
毕竟 这是前进的方向
That's where all this leads, anyway.
没错 周年派对没了你
And yes, the anniversary party might not work
可能会泡汤 但是没事
without you but that's ok.
我真心觉得是时候自己承担成功或失败了
I do think it's time for me to succeed or fail on my own.
但你不必如此
But you shouldn't have to.
我被禁赛了 因为我不善合作
I got suspended because I wasn't a good team player.
但是你和我也是一支团队 对吧
But you and I, we're a team now, too, right?
最佳拍档
The best.
但有时好的队员意味着
But sometimes being a good team player means knowing
知道何时让其他人有所作为
when to let the other guy take the shot.
把握机会 亚当
Take your shot, Adam.
冬日庆
她来自英国伦敦的家中
...She was sent from her home in London, England.
英国伦敦 十万八千里啊
London, England, that's quite a ways away.
对吧
Right?
怎么样
So?
不可思议
So, this is incredible.
我是说 看看这些人
I mean, just look at all these people.
我们今晚卖♥♥出的书
We have sold more books tonight than we have
比过去六个月都多
in the past six months.
但更重要的是 你在必读清单
But even more important, you're building a customer base.
照片共享和播客下载中
Between the Must Read List and the photo shares
建立了客户基础
and the podcast downloads...
玛莉 这句话我想我永远不会说
Mary, here's a statement I never thought I'd say.
你引领了社交媒体的潮流
You're trending on social media.
什么意思
What does that mean?
相信我 这是好事
Trust me, it's good.
好的
Ok.
你好 坎贝尔女士
Hey, Ms. Campbell.
你好 诺亚
Oh, hey Noah.
亚当在哪
Where's Adam?
是这样的
You know what?
他今晚无法出席
He's not gonna be able to make it tonight.
对不起
I'm sorry.
但是
But hey.
我给你们俩拍张照发给他如何
How about I take a picture of the two of you to send to him?
我打赌他会喜欢的
I bet he'd love it.
可以吗
Is that okay?
好的
Ok.
好吧
Alright.
茄子
And... cheese.
完美
Perfect.
我把旧书放哪里
Where do I put my old book?
就放前台
Oh, just out front.
你会得到一张优♥惠♥券 你能给你妈妈
电影精选列表