会一直陪着我
are going to be up there with me.
我保证 我们肯定能想出来很棒的主意
I promise, we'll come up with something brilliant.
那 去吃饭吧
So, dinner?
好
Yeah.
挺 挺不错的
That would be- that would be great.
你要和她一起去吃晚餐吗
You're going out for dinner with her?
我以为你说你不喜欢她
I thought you said you didn't like her.
我是不喜欢她
I don't not like her.
她简直把我逼疯了
She just drives me crazy.
那就是了
Oh, here we go.
什么
What?
比说"她没那么坏"更糟
That's even worse than saying she's not that bad,
而且我以前听你说过这些话
and I heard you say those exact words before.
接下来通常是
What usually comes next
与你曾经觉得绝对不可能的人
is a completely unhealthy relationship
开始一段非常不健康的关系
with someone you definitely shouldn't be with
并且这段关系最终以喊叫和眼泪结束
and then it ends in yelling and in tears.
让你流许多眼泪
A lot of tears.
不是那样的
It's not true.
维多利亚 丹妮艾尔
Victoria, Danielle-
行了行了
Ok.
不过 说不定我已经变了呢
Well, maybe I've changed.
你是那个一直叫我学会成长的人
You're the one that keeps telling me to grow up.
这不是一夜之间发生的
It doesn't happen over night.
除非 除非她是你的灵魂伴侣
Unless... unless she's your soulmate
她还在你身上创造了奇迹
and she's performed a miracle on you.
是这样的吗
Is that what happened?
就是一顿晚餐而已
It's just a dinner.
我们只是要去讨论关于周年纪念聚会的事
We're just gonna talk about the anniversary party.
非常单纯
It's totally innocent.
我之前也听过这些话
I've heard those words before, too.
艾丽卡
Erica.
不 艾丽卡不一样
No, Erica was different.
艾丽卡就在你后面
Erica, right behind you.
亚当 能到我办公室来一下吗
Adam, can I see you in my office?
现在吗
Now?
我晚餐还有约呢
I've got a dinner meeting.
就现在 这很重要
Yes, it's important.
好吧
Ok.
但先让我打个电♥话♥更改一下
Just let me make a quick call and change first.
我确定会没事的
I'm sure it's fine.
你好
Hello?
玛莉 嗨 我是亚当
Mary, hi. It's Adam.
你好
Oh, hi.
你在路上了吗
Are you on your way?
还没
Uh, no.
我刚被叫去和艾丽卡开会
I just got called into a meeting with Erica.
艾丽卡
Erica.
一切还好吗
Is everything ok?
我不知道
I don't know.
但是我不确定要花多长时间
But I'm not sure how long it's gonna take
所以我不想让你一直等
so I didn't wanna leave you hanging.
好吧
Uh... alright.
好 不用担心
Well, um... don't worry about it.
我们可以 我们可以改天晚上再约
We can-we can just do it another night.
不需要取消 只是
We don't need to cancel, just-
亚当
Adam.
没什么大不了的
It's not a big deal.
没关系
It's fine.
好吧 那行
Well, ok.
我真的很抱歉
I'm really sorry.
我们明天再聊好吗
We'll talk tomorrow?
当然可以
Of course.
拜
Bye.
有什么事
What's going on?
我想和你谈谈关于你回到队里的事
I wanted to talk to you about getting you back on the team.
真的吗
Really?
真的
Really.
艾丽卡 这太不可思议了
Erica, that's amazing.
太好了
Fantastic.
谢谢你
Thank you.
好了 不要太兴奋了
Ok, don't get too excited.
有几个条件
There are a few conditions.
说吧
Name them.
这只是一次试用
It's probationary.
错了一步你就必须回去把剩下的
One wrong step and you have to serve out
停职时间过完
the rest of your suspension.
明白
Got it.
走那条直且窄的路
Walking the straight and narrow.
我们商量好了
It's a deal.
我们正在为持有贵宾票的人办一个聚会
And we are throwing a party for the VIP ticket-holders.
媒体也会到场
Press will be there.
我父亲也会在
So will my father.
你必须在所有人面前站起来
You'll have to get up in front of all those people
并为你的行为道歉
and apologize for your behaviour.
小菜一碟
Easy.
对不起 我是个混♥蛋♥
Sorry I'm a jerk.
说完了
Done.
亚当
Adam.
你要严肃的对待这件事情
You have to take this seriously.
你需要吃点苦头然后我们才能让你
You need to eat a little crow and then we'll get you back
回到队里
on the team.
我可以
I can do that.
我会认真的去做的 我保证
I can take it serious, I promise.
聚会在什么时候
When is it?
星期六
Saturday.
等一下 这个星期六吗
Wait, this Saturday?
我不能
I can't.
那是庆祝书店成立40周年聚会的晚上
That's the night of the bookstore's 40th anniversary.
好吧 那你不得不错过它了
Well, you'll have to miss it.
我不能不去
I can't.
我要主持拍卖♥♥会 要签名
I'm emceeing the auction, I'm signing autographs...
我要和玛莉一起做现场读书交流会
I'm doing a live Book Chat with Mary.
亚当 什么对你更重要
Adam, what's more important to you?
那家书店还是你的事业
This bookstore or your career?
我们周六见
I'll see you Saturday.
所以 玛莉 我们 我们为
So... Mary... we're- we're really excited
周六晚上的聚会感到很兴奋
about the party Saturday night.
对
Yeah.
对大书店来说这会很棒
It's gonna be great for the big bookstore.
我 我希望如此
I- I hope so.
嗯
Yeah.
好吧 怎么了
Ok, what is it?
你在说什么
What do you mean?
你说的话都没有超过十个词
You haven't said more than ten words.
通常你早就超过了十个词
Usually you've said more than ten words
在你进门之前
before you come in the door.
你们 你们是对的
You're-you're right.
我脑子里想的东西有点多 不过没事
I have had a lot on my mind but everything is fine.
好吧 泰勒 说吧
Ok, Tyler spill-
不 不
No. No.
不需要把我扯进来
We don't need to drag me into this.
这可是家庭晚餐
Hey, it's a family dinner.
从你出生起你就不得不扯在其中了
You were dragged into it by being born.
事实上关于周年纪念聚会
The truth is there is a lot riding on this, uh,
还有很多事情要做
anniversary party.
如果做不好 就 就必须把店关掉
If it doesn't work we-we will have to close the store.
亲爱的
Oh, sweetheart.
玛莉
Oh, Mary.
这不是你的错
This is not your fault.
电影精选列表