Oh, Adam took care of it.
是的
Yeah.
你要开门了吗
Are you opening soon?
因为这有三个人等着买♥♥书
Because I got about three people waiting to get a book
还要拿免费咖啡 所以
and their free cup, so...
抱歉耽搁了
Sorry for the delay.
谢谢你帮我准备书展
Thank you for helping me get set up for the book fair.
我被停职了 记得吗
I'm suspended, remember?
今晚我也没什么好做的
I didn't have anything better to do tonight.
还有谢谢你的咖啡车
Thank you also for the coffee truck.
那个不错 而且帮我们卖♥♥了很多书
That was very nice and we actually sold a lot of books.
真的吗
Really?
对 这是个好主意
Yes. It was a good idea.
是个博人眼球的点子吧
Maybe a showcase idea.
蹬鼻子上脸了你
Don't push it.
那个 如果我不回球队
You know, if I don't get back on the team
我可以一直帮你管理这个地方
I can always help you run this place.
不打曲棍球后你打算做什么
What are you going to do when you're done with hockey?
我不知道
I don't know.
我还没想过
I haven't thought about it.
你怎么能不计划一下未来呢
How can you not think about the future?
没有制定计划吗
Not make a plan?
是的 我更倾向于活在当下
Yeah, I'm more of a live in the moment kinda guy.
但如果没有计划 你只是在四处晃荡
But without a plan you're just wandering.
一些世界上最伟大的发现
Some of the world's greatest discoveries were made by people
就是因为一些到处晃荡的人
who were just wandering.
真的吗
Really?
比如呢
Name one.
巧克力曲奇
The chocolate chip cookie.
什么
What?
有个厨师想做巧克力饼干
Some chef was trying to make chocolate cookies
但没有合适的配料
and didn't have the right ingredients
所以她把巧克力块放进面糊里
so she put chocolate chunks into the batter
以为巧克力碎会融入面粉
thinking it would mix in.
但并没有 那就是巧克力曲奇的由来
It didn't, and that became the chocolate chip cookie.
肯定不是真的
That can't be true.
是真的
It's true.
如果是真的我肯定会听说过
Surely I would have heard something about this.
1938年 鲁斯·维克菲尔德在厨房♥里
Ruth Wakefield in her kitchen, 1938...
我滴个乖乖
well I'll be darned.
你怎么知道的
How did you know that?
我读很多东西
I read things.
不仅仅是《体育画报》
Other than Sports Illustrated.
你最喜欢的书是哪一本
What's your favourite book?
我不知道
I don't know.
什么叫你不知道
What do you mean, you don't know?
没人问过我这个问题
Nobody's ever asked me that.
我是说 肯定有书在某时某刻
I mean, surely there is some book that made an impression on you
给你留下了深刻的印象
at some point.
《汤姆·索亚历险记》
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
真的
Really?
我小时候读过
I read it when I was a kid.
后来再也没有想起过
Hadn't thought about it since.
你喜欢这本书的什么
What did you like about it?
他和哈克·费恩总是出去探险
Him and Huck Finn were always out exploring
不断陷入麻烦 而我总是
and getting into trouble and I always...
我只是喜欢这本书的想法
I just liked the idea of it.
是一本很棒的书
It's a great book.
它 也是我最喜欢的书之一
It's... one of my favourites, too.
虽然书友们说我有太多的最爱
Although the Book Chat audience says I have too many favourites.
意料之中
That doesn't surprise me.
下期我们会读《世界之战》
We're reading War of the Worlds next.
英国作家H.G.威尔斯所著关于火星人入侵维多利亚时期英格兰小镇的科幻小说 此书与美国科幻电影《世界大战》同名 其男主角由汤姆·克鲁斯出演
汤姆·克鲁斯的电影被改编成小说了吗
Oh, they turned that Tom Cruise movie into a novel?
我开玩笑的
I'm kidding.
不管怎样 拿着
Anyway, here.
万一你想加入我们
In case you'd like to join us.
你想听我对一本书的看法吗
You'd wanna hear what I have to say about a book?
我想听所有人对一本书的看法
I wanna hear what anyone has to say about a book.
我不知道我是否有时间
I don't know if I'm gonna have time.
好吧
Right.
那本纺织的书我还有几章要读
I still have a couple chapters of that quilting book to go
我得看看结局如何
and I have to see how it ends.
亚当
Adam?
拍照时间
Picture time.
能等一下吗
Uh, can it wait?
我正和几个粉丝在聊天
I'm just talking to a couple fans here.
亚当 集中注意力
Adam, eyes on the prize.
对不起 女士们 工作来了
Sorry, ladies. Duty calls.
谢谢您 谢谢您
Thank you. Thank you.
好吧
Alright.
咋啦 他们是球迷
What? They were fans.
得了吧
Please.
球迷
Fans.
他们是狂热粉
They were groupies.
groupie一词多指为了追星不择手段的狂热女粉丝 多贬义
为什么 就因为她们很漂亮吗
Why, because they were pretty?
漂亮的女人就不能是曲棍球迷吗
Pretty women can't be hockey fans?
我没那么说过 我只是觉得
I never said that, I just don't think
如果她们不漂亮
that you'd be paying so much attention to them
你就不会那么关注人家了
if they weren't pretty.
乱讲
That's not true.
在我看来所有热爱曲棍球的人都是平等的
All people who love hockey are seen equally in my books.
这话你自己信吗
Do you even believe the things that come out of your mouth?
对不起 我很抱歉
I'm sorry. I am.
我不知道他是怎么回事
And I don't know what it is about him
但他太疯狂了 而且他不断惹毛我
but he is just so maddening and he just pushes my buttons.
事情并没有那么糟糕
It's not that bad.
太好了
Oh, good.
别误会
Oh, don't get me wrong.
事情还是挺糟糕的
It's bad.
我可以看看这篇文章吗
May I see the article?
我想你最好不要看
I think it's best that you don't.
只看标题
Just the headline?
标题是"玛莉和亚当又开始了"之类的
Something like "Mary and Adam at it again".
你应该和他谈一下
Well, you should talk to him.
我谈过
I have.
然后呢
And?
然后我来跟你谈谈
And now I'm talking to you.
我
Me?
是的 你
Yes, you.
我们明天将在另一个活动中再尝试一次
We are going to try this again tomorrow at another event
我已经安排了 并制定了一些基本规则
that I've set up, and I have some ground rules
你俩都要遵守
for the both of you.
但他显然
But he's clearly-
都 要 遵 守
Both of you.
丹 弗 公 共 图 书 馆
好吧 我们来这的目的是
Ok, so what are we here to do?
把书捐给图书馆
Donate books to the library.
而不是
And what are we not here to do?
争吵
Argue.
还有呢
Or?
大声说话
Use our outside voices.
还有呢
Or?
做任何可能让我们难堪并连累到你的事
Do anything that might embarrass us and, by extension, you.
很好
Very good.
你们准备好了吗
Are you guys ready?
我们开始吧
Here we go.
微笑
Smiles.
修车手册吗
Car repair?
修车手册怎么了
What's wrong with car repair?
这都不是真正的文学作品
Well... not exactly literature.
电影精选列表