你跟她说我在这儿了吗
Did you tell her I was here?
没说 但我觉得她肯定知道
No, but I'm pretty sure she knows.
她像是有超能力什么的
She's got powers or something.
查克 她就是个曲棍球队的主席
Chuck, she's the president of a hockey team.
又不是女巫
She's not a wizard.
她真的生你气了
She's also really mad at you.
她一直生我的气
Erica is always mad at me.
因为你一直惹麻烦
Yeah, 'cause you keep causing trouble
让我们输
and costing us games.
不 都是因为我们几年前曾在一起过
No, it's because we dated years ago
后来我们分手了
and she still hasn't gotten over the fact
她还是耿耿于怀
that I broke up with her.
是的 我很确定这就是输掉比赛的原因
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the losing the game part.
亚当 这个赛季你已经被踢出了三场比赛
Adam, you've been ejected form three games this season.
发生了什么
What happened to you?
我们当时在德克萨斯的时候不是可牛了吗
When we were on the team in Texas we were the wild ones.
我后来去了丹佛 认识了萨拉
Well, I got traded to Denver, I met Sarah,
和她结婚还生了个小孩
got married and had a kid.
我成熟了
I grew up.
或许你也应该试试
Maybe you should try it.
有什么好试的
What?
失去了孩子般的好奇心
And lose my child-like sense of wonder?
郊区太安静了
It's so quiet out here in the suburbs.
那你为什么不搬回市区
Why don't you move back downtown?
因为我住的很开心
Because I am happy.
真的 推荐你试试看
Again, maybe you should try it.
听着 是我说服了艾丽卡
Look, I'm the one who had to convince Erica
带你到这
to bring you here
因为我向她保证过你已经改变了
because I promised her that you have changed.
这就是你被德州队开除的原因
This is why you got kicked off the Texas team,
还有被西雅图和新泽西开除
Seattle and New Jersey-
新泽西那个不是我的错
New Jersey was not my fault.
是另一队的人挑事的
The guy on the other team started it.
照你这么说 永远都是别人的错
Well, according to you, it's always the other guy.
如果艾丽卡把你从队里除名
If Erica cuts you from the team-
艾丽卡不会的
Erica's not gonna cut me.
行啊 那就接电♥话♥
Ok, answer the phone then.
接就接
I will.
等我透透气
After I get some air.
喝杯咖啡
And a coffee.
行
Right.
书店咖啡
Bookstore coffee.
先生 需要什么
Can I help you, sir?
黑咖啡
Coffee, black.
我们不卖♥♥咖啡
Oh, we don't have coffee.
这杯是我自己的
Oh, well that's mine.
你有什么我就买♥♥什么
I'll take whatever you've got.
别加奇怪的调味料就行
Except none of that weird flavoured stuff.
我要是想在咖啡里加榛子
If I wanted hazelnuts in my coffee
我会自己去树上摘
I'd go to wherever hazelnuts are from.
有点意思
Oh, well now that is interesting.
听说 榛子最初被认为是来自大马士革
You know, they originally thought that they were
但现在有证据表明他们可能来自
from Damascus but now evidence points to Scotland
9000年前的苏格兰
almost 9,000 years ago.
我就是想要杯咖啡
Can I just get my coffee?
我们这里没有咖啡
Uh, we don't have coffee.
了解
Ok, I get it.
我要先买♥♥本书才能喝到咖啡吗
I gotta buy a book first in order to get a cup of coffee?
不 你不用买♥♥书 因为这里是书店
No, you have to buy a book because it's a bookstore.
行吧
Look, fine.
给
Here.
潮流织花法
织花啊
Quilting.
有意见吗
You got a problem with that?
没有
Nope.
总共19.95美元
That'll be $19.95.
现在可以卖♥♥我咖啡了吧
Now can I get my coffee?
我们没有咖啡
We don't have coffee.
这是个书店
This is a bookstore.
哪来书店不卖♥♥咖啡的道理
All bookstores have coffee.
还真有 我们这就不提供
No they don't. This one doesn't.
那我买♥♥那本书干啥呢
Then why did I just buy that book?
你可能需要有个爱好吧
Because you need a hobby?
我需要的是一杯咖啡
I need a coffee.
我们又回到了原来的话题
And we're right back where we started.
那把钱退给我
I want my money back.
不好意思
Sorry.
概不退换
你不接受退货吗
You don't accept returns?
好多人看完书后把书带回来
People read books and then they bring them back
盼着我退款给他们呢
expecting a refund.
但我刚在30秒前买♥♥的
But I just bought that 30 seconds ago.
店铺规定 概不例外
Store policy, no exceptions.
听着 等一下
Look, I-just...
Erica
很好
Great.
我跟你说
You know what?
算了
Never mind.
我还是去一家正经书店好了
I'll go find a real bookstore somewhere.
先生
Sir?
你是不是忘东西了
Aren't you forgetting something?
自大鬼
Arrogant.
烦人精
Uptight.
气死我了
You know what?
加入
"此页书店"
读书交流会
每周四晚七点
虽然我们都认识了
Ok, so I think we know everyone here
但还是要走一下过程 我是泰勒
but for the record I'm Tyler,
这是我的姐姐玛莉
this is my sister Mary,
我们在这里举♥行♥读书交流会
and we're here for book chat.
玛莉 我们今天聊什么
Mary, what're we chatting about today?
菲茨杰拉德的《了不起的盖茨比》
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
我最喜欢的书之一
One of my favourite books.
你每周都这么说
You say that every week.
我都不知道该选哪一本书
How am I supposed to choose?
好书太多了
There are too many good books.
书里都是颜如玉和黄金屋啊
I mean, the whole world is here.
好 那我们开始吧
Well, why don't we get started?
我先说
Now,
我第一次读《了不起的盖茨比》时
when I first read The Great Gatsby
我被菲茨杰拉德的色彩意象深深打动
I was struck by Fitzgerald's colour imagery.
他总能用确切的颜色
He basically talks right about how he looks,
来描述他所看到的景象
specifically colours that he uses, I mean...
通过他的描述 我们如同身临其境一般
we can just go right from there.
非常感谢你答应帮我
I cannot thank you enough for agreeing to help me out.
别这样说
Stop.
你帮我通过了大学的期末考试
You helped me through my finals in college
这可不是一些公♥关♥建议就能够报答得了的
so I owe you a lot more than some free PR advice.
巴黎
Paris.
我一直都想去
I've always wanted to go.
你以前总是谈论书上所描述的地方
You were always talking about the places that you read about
说打算去参观这些地方
you were gonna go and visit.
没错
Yeah.
那你都去过了哪些地方了呢
What've you knocked off your list?
呃 我
Uh, well, you know, I uh.
大学毕业后我确实去了一些地方
I did go a few places after college
但后来忙着帮家里
but then I just got so busy helping out my folks
打理书店的生意
with the store and everything.
现在你接管它了
And now you run it.
这很好啊
That's great.
也不是很好 但
Well, it's not much, but...
但这就是你来找我的原因
电影精选列表