Your blue-collar Kennedy Democrats.
就是你们认为的“蓝领民♥主♥党人”。
And the media loved Mike at that time,
interestingly enough,because again,
当时的媒体都很喜欢迈克,特别有趣,这是因为,
the Obama administration's saying, "Hey, this is our guy.
因为奥巴马政♥府♥说,“嘿,这是我们的人。
He's a Democrat. He comes from a Democrat family.
他是民♥主♥党人。他出身民♥主♥党家庭。
This guy has been in combat for six, seven years,"
这伙计已经打了六、七年仗了,”
all this stuff, but,you know what,kid from a small town,
所有这些看法,都源自这个出身小镇的男孩,
who grew up in a huge poor family, you know,
他生长在一个贫穷的大家庭,
something like that,you know, it's a big deal.
就如同你知道的,这点很重要。
So there was a lot of problems when he took over DIA.
所以,这在他掌管国防情报局时,有了很大的麻烦。
The establishment,especially the,
what they call the SES,the senior executive staff,
那些建制派,尤其是在国防部的
in the Department of Defense,was like, "Oh, this guy.
SES(高级执行阶层)中,就有这种说法,“哦,瞧这个家伙。
This is, you know, we've seen these types before.
We're going to railroad him out of here."
这种类型的人,我们以前见过,我们要设置门坎,把他挡回去。”
I've kept every-- I'm like a pack rat with stuff, you know:
awards, decorations, gifts that were given to me.
我把所有的东西...我就像个收集狂,你知道的:奖品、装饰品、别人给我的礼物。
And I've kept binders of them,you know, different things.
我保存了一堆,各种各样的东西。
And so,what really drew me to General Flynn,
所以,真正吸引我关注弗林将军的是,
even though we had not started working together formally at that point,
尽管那时,我们还没有正式开始合作,
(亚当.洛温格,国♥家♥安♥全♥委员会战略策划师)
is that in all the meetings we had,
he, his moral compass was very clear,
但在我们所有的会议中,他的道德准则非常明确,
and that was that,as an American government official,
one must put the interests of the United States first.
那就是,作为一名美国政♥府♥官员,必须把美国的利益放在第一位。
It's the mission which matters,not the individual,
重要的是使命,而不是个人,
not lining your pockets for your career
after you retire from government,
不是为了考虑你在政♥府♥部门退休后,而中饱私囊,
not building your empire to get to the next,
you know, rung within the federal government.
不是为了在联邦政♥府♥里,谋得下一个职位,而建立你的“帝国”。
That this is what matters, and it was wonderful to see
that someone could rise to such heights
这才是最重要的,很高兴看到,有人能够在站在这样的高度上,
while keeping so true
to these values that made America great.
保持这些真正“使美国伟大”的价值观。
He was one of the most respected generals
in the military, plain and simple.
他是军队中,最受尊敬的将军之一,平易近人。
And so, you know, what more can we ask for
我们还能有什么奢求?
than to have one of our most successful generals
be at the top of the intelligence apparatus for our military?
除了让我们最成功的将军之一,担任我们军队情报机构的最高职位。
And that's why he had strong support.
这就是为什么,他得到了强有力的支持。
But in January,President Obama told
the New Yorker magazine's David Remnick that ISIS,
但今年1月,奥巴马总统告诉《纽约客》杂♥志♥的大卫·雷姆尼克,
which was then still considered a part of Al-Qaeda
fighting in Syria,was like a JV basketball team.
被认为是叙利亚“基♥地♥组♥织♥”的分支的“伊♥斯♥兰♥国”,就像一支“拼凑的篮球队”。
These guys are--
they want him to say that the ISIS is the JV team,
那些家伙们...他们说,伊♥斯♥兰♥国是“合资的队伍”,
and-- and he's like,that's not what-- that's not going to happen.
然而...,他却这样说...那是不可能发生的。
(芭芭拉.瑞德盖特,迈克尔的姐姐,合法辩护基金会的头目)
They wanted that narrative to show
that we were being tough on the enemy overseas
他们希望通过这种叙事,来表明我们对海外的敌人很强硬,
that we were fighting,and that we were winning.
我们正在战斗,我们正在取得胜利。
We weren't winning.And in fact,the enemy is growing.
我们没有在取胜。事实上,敌人正在壮大。
They're expanding.
他们在壮大。
Now, the way I remember it is...
现在,我还记得...
we're getting ready to go testify
to Congress in an open hearing,
我们准备在公开听证会上向国会作证,
and I get my statement that had been vetted
through the National Intelligence Community,
我的陈述,经过了“国家情报联合体”,
and through the DNI and also over to the White House.
国家情报总监,以及白宫的审查。
It's basically got red lines to change my testimony there, right?
基本上,要改变我的陈辞,是有红线的,对吧?
Everybody wants to hear all the different perspectives
from these different organizations.
每个人都想听听,这些不同组织的不同观点。
So mine was changed.
我的陈辞也被修改了。
And I told my Congressional Affairs officer,
I said, "I'm not going to change it.
我告诉我的国会事务副官,我说:“我不会改变它。
That's not... that's not right."
那样做...是不对的。”
A lot of people on the inside that were the underperformers
在内部,很多表现不佳的人也有
had a lot of institutional clout that pushed for that as well.
很大的机构影响力,推推波助澜。
It was literally a, an organization that had rot in it,
从内部看,这是一个已经腐烂的组织,
that wanted to keep that rot in place.
而它还想要保持这种“腐烂状态”。
I know what the CIA's reporting,
I know what the National Geospatial Agency, you know,
我知道中♥央♥情报局的报告,我知道国家地理空间局,你懂的,
National Security Agency, FBI,
all these different organizations are reporting.
国♥家♥安♥全♥局,联邦调查局,所有这些不同的组织都在报告什么。
But I'm responsible for my agency,
and I'm responsible to tell the truth
但我要对我的机构负责,我有责任说出真♥相♥,
for what my agency,you know, believes.
指明我的机构相信的是什么。
This, this organization called ISIS
was expanding rapidly and they were in like
这个叫做“伊♥斯♥兰♥国”的组织正在迅速扩张,他们大约
20-, you know,- four or -five nations around the greater region from,
分布在20个,你知道,其中四五个国家的广大区域,
from literally from West Africa,all the way over to,
in some cases, Indonesia and the Philippines.
甚至可能从西非,一直到印度尼西亚和菲律宾。
I'm called into a,an office call with Jim Clapper.
我接到了吉姆·克拉珀的电♥话♥。
So he goes, "We're gonna ask you to step down,"
他说,“我们要你下台,”
and immediately,immediately, I said,
很快,我就说,
"Is it because of my leadership?"
“是因为我的领导术吗?”
He says, "Oh, no,it's not your leadership.
他说,“哦,不,不是你的领导术。
If it was, I'd cut you off at the knees right now
and you wouldn't go back into the job."
如果是的话,我会立刻砍断你的双膝,让你无法回到你的岗位上去。”
That was my interpretation.
这是我的理解。
He said, "It's because of--" and he used the word "attitude."
他说,“这是因为...”, 他用了“态度”这个词。
That's how I remember it.
我记得是这样的。
And I walked out of that room.
于是,我走出了房♥间。
And I called my wife,and I said, you know,
我给我妻子打了个电♥话♥,这你懂的,我说,
"Honey, things are gonna change again," you know.
“亲爱的,事情又要变了,”你懂的。
And, and, you know,in a funny way,
而且,你知道,以一种有趣的方式,
even got a story about it,you know,
if she even remembers that, that part, 'cause there was so many.
甚至有一个关于它的段子,如果她还记得,那部分,因为有太多“版本”了。
But she was probably relieved,
I was, you know,finally gonna retire.
但她可能松了一口气,因为我终于要退休了。
I never changed.I never changed.
我从未改变。我从未改变。
People that know me from the time I was a kid,
那些从小就认识我的人,
to the people that worked with me as a young officer
and all throughout my career,I never changed.
那些从我入职时还是年轻军官时,就认识我的人,他们知道,我从未改变。
So what changed in Jim Clapper,who brought me in and hired me?
那么,是吉姆·克拉珀把我带来,并雇用了我,他发生了什么变化?
What changed, Jim? What changed?
什么改变了吉姆?有什么变化?
Was it because I wasn't toeing the line for the administration?
是因为我没有按政♥府♥要求行事吗?
I wasn't toeing the line for the,
the "intelligence community's",you know,
我没有附和“情报联合体”的说法,你知道,
incorrect, false narrative.
那是不正确的,那些是虚假的叙述。
And, and, sadly,you know, tragically,
可悲的是,你知道,很不幸,
you know,when I think about, God,like, fuck, that was 2014.
当我想到,天哪,那已经是2014年了。
When I think about six more years of fighting
and dying and the bullshit.
当我想到了,六年多的战斗和死亡,还有那些狗屁事情。
You know? I mean, my-- my responsibility as a--
as a senior officer in the military,
你知道吗?我想说,我的...我作为一名军队的高级军官的责任,
and definitely as a senior intelligence officer,
is to protect, save,and, and win.
并且,作为一名高级情报军官,责任就是预防,拯救和打胜仗。
These assholes are toeing
a political narrative that was total bullshit.
那些混♥蛋♥们都在遵从一个完全是扯淡的“政♥治♥叙事技巧”。
Something didn't smell right for me.
我觉得这样做,很不公正。
And the very next day, I sent a direct message
第二天,我直接发了一条信息,
and it said, "Sir, I think I know what happened to you.
我问道:“长官,我想我知道,你发生了什么事。
Unacceptable.
我无法接受。
You have a loyal soldier for the rest of your life.
你在你的余生中,都是一名忠诚的战士。
Let me know if you ever need to,like utilize me to help out."
如果你有需要,请告诉我,比如想利用我帮忙的时候。”
Because I thought that that was, uh,
him being resigned was totally unacceptable.
因为我觉得,他的“被辞职”,是完全不能接受的。
I loved DC. I loved Virginia.
我喜欢首都。喜欢住在弗吉尼亚。
(洛莉.弗林,迈克尔的妻子)
We loved being there,we loved living there,
we had happy times there until this all happened
我们喜欢呆在那里,我们喜欢在那里生活,我们在那里度过了快乐的时光,
when he retired and then decided to go and work on his own.
直到他退休,然后让他自己决定去哪里,还是继续工作。
In your career,I have always found,whether it's in your service,
在你的军旅生涯中,我总是发现,无论是在你的服役中,
(迈克尔.罗杰斯,退役海军上将,美国网络战司令)
or if you spent a lot of time in a joint community,
如果你在一个联合的共同体中,呆过很长一段时间,
you will run across individuals,and you will say to yourself,
你会遇到一些人,然后,你会对自己说,
"That guy is amazing."
“那伙计真太棒了。”
And early on, when I met Mike,I thought to myself,"That guy is amazing."
一开始,当我遇到迈克的时候,我对自己说,“那家伙太棒了。”
Today, as we would say in the Navy,
今天,用我们海军的说法,
we watch pass over the side,
我们眼看着船身擦肩而过,
probably the most visible intelligence professional that we have
generated within this department in the last ten or 20 years.
他可能是过去十到二十年来,我们部门里,最引人注目的情报专家。
So Mike, we all want to say thank you for a great job.
所以,迈克,我们都想对你说声谢谢,谢谢你的出色工作。
We want to thank you for making a great, great difference.
我们要感谢你,带来了巨大的改变。
Lori, we wish you only the best.
洛莉,我们祝你们一切顺利。
We know there's a lot of opportunities ahead of you.
我们知道,你们面前有很多机会。
I can't wait to see where the journey is gonna take you.
我迫不及待地想看看你们的航程,会带你们驶向哪里。
I don't think we've heard the last of the Flynns.
我不认为,我们已经听到了,弗林夫妇号♥航船抵达了终点。
That was, without a doubt,a real test of the relationship and,
um, and she was patient.
毫无疑问,那是对我们关系的真正考验,她很有耐心。
电影精选列表