that it's costing,and you're just
我们已经花掉了一大笔钱...这是一笔不小的开支,
kind of like,"I got to stop this.
You know, I got to stop this bleeding."
你只得这样,“我得停止这么做,我得“止血”。”
It was mental and emotional bleeding.
这是精神和情感上的流血。
And it was happening to me,my wife, my kids, my family.
这发生在我身上,我的妻子,我的孩子,我的家庭。
I'll give my life for my family
because I would have given my life for this country.
我愿意为我的家庭献出生命,因为我愿意为这个国家献出生命。
They're the reason why I fight.
这些是我战斗的原因。
What they did-- they knew that nothing was there.
他们所做的...他们知道,那里什么都没有。
Michael Flynn Jr.worked for Flynn Intel Group
with his dad and the business partner.
小迈克尔·弗林与父亲和商业伙伴一起为弗林咨♥询♥集团工作。
So, they saw him as a weapon to wield because
所以,他们把他当作武器,因为
they were going after General Flynn's business partner
他们要对付弗林将军的商业伙伴
and Ekim Alptekin.
和埃金·阿尔普特金。
As sort of a pawn,they looped in a threat
against Michael Flynn, Jr.to get General Flynn to plead guilty.
作为一种棋子,他们对小迈克尔·弗林发出了威胁,让弗林将军认罪。
All right,a lot of people, you know,asked us that question:
"Why did you guys even go with Covington & Burling?"
好吧,很多人,会问我们这个问题:“你们为什么要和科文顿和伯林合作?”
You know, they were the DC FARA experts.
你知道,他们是首都的善于处理“外国代理登记法案”专家。
They never really fought for anything.
他们从未真正为任何事情而抗争过。
You know, they-- if you had something on Trump,
that, you know,it would help you.
他们...如果你有特朗普的把柄,那,你知道,会对你有帮助。
They brought my son in,knowing where he was in his life,
他们把我儿子卷进来,知道他的人生,处于什么阶段,
and, and knowing how bad
the rule of law system is in Washington, DC.
他们也知道,华盛顿特区的法治体系有多糟糕。
That was a major pain point.Huge.
这是一个主要的痛点。很严重。
All the lawyers then became involved
in something that is absolutely prohibited
然后,所有的律师都参与了联邦法♥院♥
in federal court in that they had an off-the-books part of the deal.
绝对禁止的事情,因为他们在交易中,有上不了台面的部分。
They had this deal that was communicated to General Flynn
where the government wouldn't put it in writing,
他们把这个协议传达给了弗林将军,政♥府♥不会以书面形式提出,
but they would agree orally that if he accepted this plea,
they wouldn't prosecute his son.
但他们会口头同意,如果他接受这个请求,他们就不会起诉他的儿子。
What parent could ever say no to that?
哪个当父母的会拒绝呢?
What parent could ever fight back against that,
where they're threatening to put your son in jail
哪个父母会反抗呢,他们威胁要把你儿子送进监狱,
right before that son's oldest son is born,
right before their grandson's about to be born?
就在那个儿子的大儿子,就要出生之前,就在他们的孙子,即将出生之前?
We have rules in federal court to stop that,
to make sure that these off-the-book deals don't happen.
我们在联邦法♥院♥,有规则来阻止这种情况,以确保这些“台面下交易”,不会发生。
And those lawyers on both sides,the Special Counsel's Office
and the Covington & Burling lawyers,
双方的律师,特别检察官办公室和“考文顿-伯林律师事务所”的律师,
walked into federal court and they lied.
走进联邦法庭,但他们撒谎了。
They lied when the judge asked if there was any
off-the-books deals.
当法官问他们是否有“台面下交易”时,他们撒谎了。
They said there wasn't.There was.
他们说“没有”。其实是有的。
And it was all part of this effort for Covington & Burling
to protect their own hide,
考文顿-伯林律所这么做,都是为了保护自己,
rather than to look out for their client.
而不是保护他们的客户。
It was disgusting.
这太恶心了。
And then also, don't forget that if you do plead
not guilty and go to trial,
还有,别忘了,如果你不认罪,去接受审判,
you're going to have a DC jury,you're going to have a DC judge,
你会有一个华盛顿特区的陪审团,你会面对一个华盛顿特区的法官,
and then you'll probably be found guilty,
然后,你可能会被判有罪,
and, you know, you're-- you're looking at 20,25 years in prison.
你知道,你可能会面临20到25年的监禁。
So, this is probably the best deal for you to do this.
所以,这对你来说,可能是最好的交易了。
And then a lot of people say,"Oh, even if that was my son,
I would have never done that." No.
然后很多人说,“哦,即使那是我儿子,我也不会那样做。”不是这样的。
You don't know what you would have done unless you were in our shoes,
你不知道,如果你处在我们的位置,你会怎么做,
and having to have your lawyers tell you
that people that you thought were doing the best for you,
还得让你的律师告诉你,那些你认为对你最好的人,
that this was the best thing for you,
and this is the only way you're going to get out of this
这对你来说,是最好的,这是你唯一能摆脱困境的方法就是
is if you sign this plea deal.So that's what we did.
签署认罪协议。这就是我们所做的。
People plead guilty to crimes they did not commit
every single day in this country.
在这个国家,每天都有人为自己没有犯下的罪行,而认罪。
A lot of the times,it's minorities
that are pleading guilty to crimes they didn't commit,
很多时候,少数族裔对他们没有犯下的罪行,而认罪,
because who has the resources to fight the juggernaut
that is the American justice system?
因为谁有足够的资源,来对抗美国司法系统的主宰?
And so, the government starts leaning on Covington
所以,政♥府♥开始向卡温顿施压,
and Covington starts leaning on General Flynn
to accept a plea deal.
卡温顿也开始向弗林将军施压,让他接受认罪协议。
Single count of a violation of 18 USC-1001,
一项违反《联邦法典1001》第18条款的指控,
which is providing a false statement to the government.
即向政♥府♥提供虚假陈述。
But of course,the unbelievable turn of events in today's news
happened in federal court in Washington, DC,
当然,今天新闻中,令人难以置信的转折,发生在华盛顿特区的联邦法♥院♥,
in the courtroom of Judge Emmet Sullivan.
在埃米特·沙利文法官的法庭上。
And then the prosecution is the Department of Justice.
而控方是司法部。
And the Department of Justice had probably about 20 lawyers there.
司法部大概有20名律师在那里。
One of them was the Solicitor General for
the United States of America.
其中一位是美♥利♥坚♥合众国的副检察长。
And the prosecutor, in my case,his name was Brandon Van Grack.
在我的案子里,检察官叫布兰登·范·格莱克。
So we go into this courtroom,
所以我们走进这个法庭,
one of the most packed hearings that they ever had
in the federal courthouse of Washington, DC.
这是华盛顿特区联邦法♥院♥有史以来,最拥挤的审讯之一。
Then, all of a sudden,out of nowhere,
the judge goes right off the rails,
然后,突然间,不知怎么的,法官就偏离了轨道,
(艾莉西亚.库泽,迈克尔的侄女,律师,合法辩护团队成员)
and he started going down this other path and...
well, he said, "You turned your back on your country."
他开始走上另一条路,然后...他说:“你背叛了你的国家。”
It sure sounded as though Judge Sullivan was going to
send Flynn to the clink for at least some period of time.
听起来,确实像是沙利文法官要把弗林送进监狱,至少一段时间。
It did, Jake.The judge stressed that prison time
was not off the table.
是的,杰克。法官强调说,坐牢不是不可能的。
And my lawyers tell me,going into this hearing,
我的律师在审讯上,告诉我,
"Don't worry, you're not going to have to say much here.
The prosecution's going to do most of the talking." Okay?
“别担心,你不用在这里说太多。控方会做大部分的发言。” 明白吗?
And just the opposite happened.
结果,恰恰相反。
You know, I get questions from the judge.
你知道,法官会问我问题。
And I'm answering all the questions
and then the judge starts to accuse me.
我回答了所有的问题,然后法官开始指控我。
And he does this very famous turns,
他做了一个非常著名的转身,
he turns, and he grabs the flag behind his,
他转身,抓住了他身后的旗帜,
where his seat behind his bench,
and he grabs the flag, and he turns back and he says,
他的座位在他的审判席后面,他抓住了旗帜,然后他转身说,
you know, basically accuses me of committing treason.
"Could he have been-- could he have been tried for treason?
基本上指控我犯了叛国罪。“他会不会...他会不会,因为叛国罪受审呢?”
Or could he have been found guilty of treason?"
或者他被判犯有叛国罪?”
To the prosecutor.
致检察官。
And Grack is, he was kind of taken by it too.
而格莱克,他也被这吸引住了。
The DOJ lawyer.
司法部的律师。
And he essentially says,you know, "No, Your Honor.
他说,“不,法官大人。
No, Your Honor."
不,法官大人。”
But, but the, so the judge is sitting there accusing me of
treason in a court,and I'm not even in there for any of that.
但是,所以,法官在法庭上指控我叛国罪,而我根本没有出庭。
He's hugging the American flag and he's saying, you know,
他抱着美国国旗说,
"You turned your back on this country."
“你背叛了这个国家。”
We were shocked.There had been no trial.
我们震惊了。根本没有审判。
There had been no exchange of evidence.
双方没有交换证据。
There had been no cross-examinations.
没有交叉询问。
I thought his ini-- his outburst calling
General Michael Flynn a traitor...
我以为,他...他骂迈克尔·弗林将军是叛徒...
I mean, it was-- he was the one who brought dishonor upon his
courtroom and upon himself, right,to scream out those things.
我是说,是他给法庭和他自己带来了耻辱,对吧,他大声喊出了那些话。
I mean, what an ignoramus.
我是说,真是个无知的人。
There's no doubt in my mind he did it for the benefit of
the media because the media was on pins and needles that day.
毫无疑问,在我看来,他这么做是为了媒体的利益,因为那天媒体如坐针毡。
You know, they call them the talking heads
on these shows, who are these former
你知道,他们在这些节目中,称他们为“谈话的头”,
intelligence community officials, like Brennan,
like Clapper, like Comey, like McCabe.
他们是前情报联合体的官员,比如布伦南、克拉珀、科米、麦凯布。
Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Sally Yates;
彼得·史卓克,丽莎.佩吉,萨利,耶茨;
you can't control these people.
你无法控制这些人。
And they're accusing me of spying
against the United States of America for Russia.
他们还指控我,为俄♥罗♥斯♥从事反美国间谍活动。
Of course, the media takes off,takes off with,"Well, even, you know,
当然,媒体开始报道,“嗯,甚至,你知道,
even Judge Sullivan, you know,in the courtroom
called General Flynn traitor."
甚至沙利文法官,你知道,在法庭上称弗林将军为叛徒。”
The judge,I believe, realized that what he just did
法官,我相信,意识到他刚刚的所作所为
would probably lead to a,to some type of mistrial
可能会导致,某种程度上的审判无效,
or probably lead to something bad for him,
或者可能对他不利,
because he just accused me of something publicly
that I wasn't even in there for.
因为他刚刚公开指控了我,而我甚至没有在那里。
You could feel inside of that courtroom
the level of tension was unbelievable.
你可以感觉到,法庭里的紧张程度,令人难以置信。
And I'm looking at the lineup of prosecutors
from the Department of Justice,
我看着司法部的检察官阵容,
and they were all like white-faced,
他们都脸色煞白,
like "Holy crap,what did this judge just do?"
说:“我的天,这个法官做了什么?”
And the judge says,"You know, do we need to talk?
Do we need time to take a break?"
法官说:“我们需要谈谈吗?我们需要时间休息一下吗?”
And I do this--I don't know if you caught that,but I did this.
我这样做了... 我不知道你们有没有注意到,但是我这样做了。
And my lawyer said,"Yes, Your Honor."
我的律师说:“是的,法官大人。”
电影精选列表