We found it in each other.
我们彼此找到了。
We found it in our families and--
and I found it in my son,
我们在我们的家庭中,找到了它,我在我的儿子身上找到了它,
and he found it in his son,my grandson.
他在他儿子身上,我的孙子,找到了。
And I thank God that he did.
我感谢上帝,让他这样做了。
Because I don't know where I'd be today if,
因为我不知道,我今天会在哪里,
uh, if that--if that had ever happened.
如果...发生了那不幸的事。
And I don't know what--what I would have done.
我不知道...我能做什么。
That's--that's just something that's,I can't even contemplate it.
这是...这是,我甚至无法想象的事情。
Can't-- that's just unimaginable to me.
不能发生...这对我来说,是不可想象的。
That's why one of the most important things
这就是弗林将军做的最重要的事情之一,
that General Flynn did is fired Covington & Burling
and hired Sidney Powell,
这就是弗林将军做的最重要的事情之一,解雇了考文顿-伯林,雇佣了西德尼·鲍威尔,
somebody who had the courage to go toe to toe with them.
一个有勇气和他们争锋相对的女人。
Lori and I were going through
our own sort of mental gymnastics to figure out a way to dump them
洛莉和我正在经历我们自己的心灵磨练,想出一种方法来倾诉,
and find, find somebody who was going to stand up courageously
and fight for us.
和寻找,找到一个勇敢地站起来,为我们战斗的人。
Mike gave his consent as a client
to allow Sidney to read through all of the documents.
迈克作为当事人,同意西德尼通读所有的文件。
(艾莉西亚.库策尔,外甥女,律师,合法辩护团队成员)
And so, she started uncovering the fact
这样,她开始揭露这样一个事实,
that Covington Burling had a conflict of interest
representing Mike on this 1001 charge.
考文顿-伯林在代表迈克,应对《联邦法典1001》指控时,有一个利益的冲突。
They were not in a position where they should
be involved in the matter before Judge Sullivan.
他们处于不利的位置,他们本应参与在沙利文法官之前,就参与件事。
My first task was to help with the transition of the case
我的第一项任务是,协助将案件,从考文顿-伯林律师事务所
(杰西,宾奈尔,律师,合法辩护团队联合领导人)
from Covington & Burling to Sidney Powell as lead counsel.
移交给首席律师西德尼-鲍威尔。
There was a striking difference at that point
about the way that we were defending our client,
在这一点上,我们为我们的客户辩护的方式,与他的前任为他辩护的方式
and his predecessors were defending him.
有着显著的不同。
We're not going to let the government bully us
into having our client provide false testimony.
我们不会让政♥府♥胁迫我们,让我们的当事人提供虚假证词。
And that was my first real involvement in the case,
那是我第一次真正参与这个案子,
is to-- is to go forward and dig our heels in and say,
就是到了...挺身而出,坚定立场,并说,
"We're here to defend the truth,not the government's false narrative."
“我们在这里捍卫真♥相♥,而不是政♥府♥的虚假叙述。”
The decision then was not to get this judge
to lessen my sentence;the fight now was going to be
当时的决定不是让法官减轻我的刑期,现在的斗争是
we're going to pull my guilty plea.
我们要撤销我的认罪。
Particularly in this case,
the amount of exculpatory information that was coming in.
特别是在这个案件中,大量的无罪信息涌入。
(克拉伦斯.弗林.艾克特,姐妹,记者,合法辩护基金会成员)
Yeah.
是的。
I mean, I saw all of it.I was stunned with it all.
我是说,我都看到了。我被这一切惊呆了。
I mean,it went on and on and on.
我是说,事情一直在继续。
And you could see through
你能看到,
the time period of Michael's case
and his dealings with the attorneys,
迈克尔案件的那段时间以及他与律师的交往,
you could see the case literally unfold
as new information came out.
你可以看到,随着新信息的出现,案件逐渐展开。
Brady material,exculpatory evidence.
布雷迪材料,无罪证据。
In the U.S. justice process,it's designed to be
a full airing of the facts.
在美国的司法程序中,它的目的是要,全面公布事实。
So not only the incriminating evidence,
but the exculpatory evidence.
不光公布有罪证据,还要公布无罪证据。
All of this is supposed to come forth
into the judicial process,
所有这些证据,都应该进入司法程序,
so that there is a free and fair airing of the facts.
这样就能自♥由♥公正地公布事实。
Sidney Powell, you know,she was aware that the
Department of Justice was not bringing forth the Brady material,
西德尼·鲍威尔,她知道,司法部没有拿出布雷迪的材料,
the exculpatory evidence that they were required to do.
也就是他们被要求,拿出的无罪证据。
And it begs the question,what have they not done?
这就引出了一个问题,他们还有什么没有做?
You know, it's like,could it be any more abusive?
你知道,就像,还有比这更虐待人的吗?
The Department of Justice Inspector General's report
on FISA abuse came out like a couple of days
司法部监察长关于滥用《外国情报监察法》的报告,
after that 18th December hearing.
在12月18日的审讯之后几天,就出来了。
My briefing and debriefing of DIA from my Russia trip
came out after that.
在那之后,我对我的俄♥罗♥斯♥之行,向国防情报局,进行了简报和事后说明。
I knew about the briefing and debriefing.
我知道简报和事后说明的事。
It was all classified.So, I'm not, you know, I'm not--
这些都是机密。所以,我不是,你知道,我不是...
you know, I'm like, protected.I let my lawyers know, because
你知道,我是被保护的。我告诉了我的律师,
it's a lawyer-client privilege,but it's classified,
the fact of what I was doing.
因为这是律师与当事人之间的保密特权,但这是机密,我所做的事。
But now it's public.
但现在,它是公开的。
There were more and more, you know, answers to questions
that I had that-- that started to get kind of produced
有越来越多的,你知道的,我的问题的答案...开始被制♥造♥出来,
as Sidney started digging into--into my father's case.
随着西德尼开始深入调查我父亲的案子。
You know, like, for example,
你知道,就比如,
like the reaction of the lawyers from Covington & Burling,
after my father pled guilty.
比如,在我父亲认罪后,考文顿&伯林律师事务所的反应。
I mean, they were like,celebrating.
我是说,他们像是在庆祝。
There's texts of them talking about--and emails talking about
他们的短♥信♥和邮件都在谈论,
how, like how great of a job they all did,
that they were able to get him to plea.
比如他们的工作有多出色,他们能让他们的客户认罪。
You know, it's like you get one more shot at staying above water.
你知道吗,这就像你又有了一次,挣扎出水面的机会。
Sidney convinced him, not only can we stay above water,
we can start floating, and maybe we can get out of this.
西德尼说服了他,我们不仅能挣扎出水面上,还能开始漂浮,也许我们能逃出去。
This is a lawless process.
这个过程,简直是无法无天。
The bills were mounting, okay,because it was--
账单越来越多,好吧,因为...
and a Special Counsel had been appointed,
and so Mike's now getting called in.
而且已经任命了特别检察官,所以迈克现在被传唤了。
So, every time you get called in for a proffer session
or whatever sessions you have to have with the Special Counsel,
所以,每次你被叫去参加提议开庭,或任何你必须与特别检察官进行的会面时,
you're gonna have at least one attorney,
if not several attorneys available to you.
你至少会有一名律师,如果不是几名律师的话。
So, you're talking about Washington, DC, attorneys--
700 dollars.All of a sudden, you know,
你说的是华盛顿特区的律师,700美元。突然之间,你知道,
you go from having a 20,000-dollar bill
to a, you know,350,000-dollar bill
你从2万美元的账单,变成了35万美元的账单,
and, and I think Mike and Lori knew that, you know,
if this continues,they're gonna be bankrupt.
我想迈克和洛里知道,你知道,如果这样继续下去,他们会破产的。
They're gonna just destroy them financially.
他们只会在经济上摧毁他们。
They weren't gonna get much money because Mike had already--
selling his house to pay the legal fees and,you know, for that,
他们不会得到很多钱,因为迈克已经卖♥♥掉了他的房♥子,来支付法律费用了,
first, you know,probably five or six months,
we're talking 300,000 dollars a month.
你知道,首先,你知道,可能五六个月,我们谈论的是30万美元一个月。
And they don't care.
而他们不在乎。
They just keep sending you a bill.
他们一直给你寄账单。
They don't even care if they send you an invoice.
他们甚至不在乎,是否给你开♥发♥票。
So, there was a moment that where I just felt like I was literally
deep down underwater, and I felt like I was drowning.
所以,有那么一刻,我觉得我真的在水下很深的地方,我觉得我要淹死了。
It was an insurmountable, monumental task to raise
that money in the face of having had Mike plead guilty.
在迈克已认罪的情况下,筹集这笔钱,是一项不可逾越的艰巨任务。
And the rest of the country going,
"What the fuck? How did he plead? Why?"
其他国家的人会说,“搞什么鬼?他是如何申诉的?为什么要认罪?”
His son.
就是为了他儿子。
Young Mike. All right? So, everybody gets it.
小迈克。对吧? 所以,每个人都明白了。
But the media doesn't want to carry that message.
但媒体不想传达这个信息。
Instead, it's "disgraced General Michael Flynn."
相反,传达了“名誉扫地的迈克尔·弗林将军”。
And the more they pushed back on Trump,the more people
started to realize General Flynn took a hit.
他们越是回击特朗普,就越有人开始意识到,弗林将军受到了打击。
We ended up having to, um,start a legal defense fund.
我们最后不得不,成立了一个“合法辩护基金会”。
And, um...
还有。嗯...
that in itself was hard because, you know,
you're asking people to give you money to defend yourself.
这本身就很困难,因为,你知道,你要求人们给你钱,来保护自己。
And we, we were asking the American people to help us.
我们请求美国人♥民♥帮助我们。
And they came out in droves.
他们蜂拥而至。
The American people started to come into, into my life.
美国人♥民♥开始进入我的生活。
And, and there was a moment where I just felt like
air was being breathed into my lungs.
有那么一刻,我觉得,我的肺终于能呼吸到清新空气了。
Over time,instead of being pounded down
below the surface of the ocean,I started to come up.
随着时间的推移,我不再被压在海面以下,而是开始浮出水面。
I started to come up.
我开始往上爬。
In a way, it was like,I'm now above the surface,
and I'm starting to swim to shore.
在某种程度上,就像,我现在浮出水面,我开始向岸边游去。
I'm really just-- now I'm like,"Okay, I got this.
我真的只是...现在我想,“好吧,我知道了。
Shore's still a long distance off,
but I can see,I can see the shoreline.
海岸虽然还很遥远,但我能看到,我能看到海岸线。
It's out there."
希望就在那里。”
And I started to swim for it.
我开始向它游去。
And these supportive people,
God knows where they came from,these American people.
这些支持我的美国人,上帝知道,他们来自哪里。
He calls it buddy breathing.I've heard him say that.
他称之为“同休共戚者”。我听他这么说过。
Being able to come through financially,
能够在经济上度过难关,
with this giant burden of the federal government
on his shoulders,
肩负着来自联邦政♥府♥的巨大负担,
and be able to support,
并且能够支持,
you know, the legal action that was
incredibly financially burdensome to any other person.
你知道,法律诉讼,这对任何人来说,都是难以置信的经济负担。
I don't know what you would do, except end up in jail.
我不知道你会做什么,除了进监狱。
We had to outsmart the FBI, the CIA, the DOJ.
我们必须智胜联邦调查局、中♥央♥情报局和司法部。
We had to become our own--
the Flynn family became investigators.
我们必须成为我们自己...弗林家族成员都成了调查探员了。
电影精选列表