it seemed as though it's just a perpetual
fraud, waste, and abuse...life cycle.
只是一种不断的欺诈、浪费和滥用...生命的周期。
Yeah, we're gonna go after terrorists,
but you don't need an entire machine,
没错,我们是要追捕恐♥怖♥分♥子♥,但你不需要一整台机器,
conventional machine,to be in place constantly
at all times in Afghanistan or in Iraq, for that matter,
传统意义上的那种机器,在阿富汗,或伊♥拉♥克♥,或其它地方
and-- or really any other place
随时待命,
because we have strategic capability
因为我们有战略能力,
to go in and out surgically to address certain issues,
通过行动,进出解决某些问题,
literally within a few hours,maximum one day, globally.
在几个小时内,最多一天内,在全球范围内解决麻烦。
So, why not use that methodology rather than constantly
pumping in billions of dollars a month?
那么,为什么不使用这种方法,而不是每月不断地投入数十亿美元呢?
They want the problem to exist, so that--
that money flow and the constant defense budget
他们希望这些麻烦存在,这样资金流动和持续的国防预算
can go ahead and fund the military-industrial complex.
就可以继续为“军事工业复合体”提供资助。
He became very close to Stanley McChrystal.
他和斯坦利·麦克里斯特尔走得很近。
(曾担任美国和国际安全援助部队指挥官,以及美国特种作战司令部指挥官。)
From what I read,McChrystal told Michael,
据我所知,麦克里斯特尔告诉迈克尔,
(杰克.弗林,迈克尔的兄弟)
"You need to come in; I need--we need to clean this up;
we need to fix this thing."
“你需要加入进来;我需要,我们需要整顿这里;我们需要解决这个问题。”
For whatever reason we were there,
不管我们去那里的原因是什么,
we were able to get Iraq under control
because of the efforts of Joint Special Operations Command,
多亏了联合特种作战司令部的努力,我们才得以控制伊♥拉♥克♥,
and specifically,Michael's acumen
in what he had been trained for throughout his career in Intel.
尤其是迈克尔在情报界的整个职业生涯中,所接受的训练。
There are 193 countries on the planet,
according to the United Nations.
据联♥合♥国♥统计,地球上有193个国家。
The most premier unit within the world to fight against terror,
世界上最重要的反恐部队,
General Flynn was the senior-ranking intelligence officer in that unit.
弗林将军是该部队的高级情报官员。
You literally have to be the number one intel officer
for that year's cohort,impeccable background,
你必须是当年最优秀的情报官员,且背景无可挑剔,
not like a single blemish in your entire military file,
在你的整个军事档案中,没有任何污点,
to be selected for that position.
才能被选为那个职位。
Mike's, you know,pretty senior in rank at that point.
迈克,你知道的,在那个时候,军阶很高。
He's maybe a two-star general,one-or two-star general.
他很可能当上二星将军,晋身一星或二星将军之列。
And Charlie's there as well.And what they're seeing is,
还有,查理也在那堆人中。他们所明白的是,
the information that they're getting
about who the Taliban were,how they were fighting,
他们从“情报联合体”得到的,关于塔♥利♥班♥是谁,塔♥利♥班♥如何战斗,
where they were getting their,their ammunition and so forth,that
they were getting from the intel community was a bunch of bullshit.
塔♥利♥班♥从哪里获得弹♥药♥等等的信息,都是一派胡言。
It was-- it was poorly served up,
and there was no interagency coordination.
这...真是敷衍了事,根本没有部门间的协调。
I think Mike knew, and I think a lot of those guys knew that
if something drastic wasn't done,
我想迈克知道,我想很多人也知道,如果不采取激进措施,
they were going to be there for a long time.
他们会在那里,耗费很长时间。
(德温.努涅斯,前众议员,众议院情报委员会主席)
I actually met General Flynn for the first time,
uh, around 2005 or 2006, in Iraq.
我第一次见到弗林将军,是在2005或2006年左右,在伊♥拉♥克♥。
We would go to areas where they'd train military
and military intelligence.
我们会去他们训练军事和训练军情的战区。
And General Flynn was, oftentimes,they'll put up on
the screen,as someone who had done a superior job.
弗林将军,他们经常会把他作为一个工作出色的人,放在银幕上。
I mean, he was treated as the greatest
intelligence general for his generation.
我是说,他被认为是他那一代,最伟大的情报将军。
Everybody respected his ability to really perfect intelligence.
每个人都尊重他那真正完美的智慧。
The objectives, the overall,
our overarching objectives,we got so far astray.
目标,总的来说,我们的首要目标,到目前为止,我们之前已经偏离了方向。
The Bush administration,the Obama administration,
布♥什♥政♥府♥,奥巴马政♥府♥,
I mean, we just lost sight, and you're like,
我的意思是,我们只是失去了远见,你就像,
you're in this constant war,you know,
你在这场持续不断的战争中,你知道,
and we would be having these conversations going,
"Jesus, you know,when is this going to end?"
我们会有这样的对话,“天哪,你知道,这什么时候才能结束?”
When, you know,I mean, it can end.
到时候,我的意思是,它可以结束的。
It can actually end, and it can end on our terms.
它实际上可以结束,它可以以我们的方式结束。
The report you wrote in 2010...
你2010年写的报告…
Right. Mm-hm. "Fixing Intel."
是的。嗯,“整顿情报。”
In fact, it's right here.Let's see it.
事实上,它就在这里。让我们看看。
The full title:
"A Blueprint for Making Intelligence Relevant in Afghanistan."
完整的标题是:“使情报在阿富汗发挥作用的计划书”。
I was a senior intel officer out in Afghanistan.
我是阿富汗的一名高级情报军官。
I mean, I went around Afghanistan to, to damn near every
little town and village and-- and I did my own assessment.
我走遍了阿富汗,去了几乎所有的小镇和村庄...然后我做了自己的评估。
And there was a lot of people that didn't like that back
in Washington, DC, because-- but I'm on the battlefield.
当时,很多人不喜欢我把这这个,交回到华盛顿特区。因为...但我是身处战场上的。
This is an indictment of the intelligence community.
这是对“情报联合体”的指责。
And, and to a degree--and I'm a part of it,
so it wasn't like,I'm not indicting them.
在某种程度上,我是其中的一部分,所以这并不是说,我没有指责“他们”。
I'm indicting something that I'm a part of.
我其实是在指责,我“参与”其中的团体。
What's in here are solutions,
and in a way, you know,I'm hoping that it's not too late.
这里有解决办法,在某种程度上,你知道,我希望,这还不算太晚。
(李.史密斯,作家,记者)
What General Michael Flynn found out ,
迈克尔·弗林将军发现,
all sorts of intelligence that was necessary for soldiers
as they were fighting in Afghanistan,
在阿富汗作战的士兵,需要的各种情报,
it was all getting lost
它都迷失了方向,
because it was being collected in Afghanistan and having to go through
Washington before it could come back to Afghanistan.
因为它是在阿富汗收集的,在反馈阿富汗之前,必须经过华盛顿。
I mean, there were lives being lost.
我是说,很多人失去了生命。
You know, there were missions that were botched,and lives lost.
你知道,有些任务搞砸了,有些人失去了生命。
There's an example in our family of this in Iraq.
我们家族在伊♥拉♥克♥,就有这样的例子。
Charlie was deployed in Iraq.
查理.弗林也被派往伊♥拉♥克♥。
And Charlie was taking care of the highways out of Baghdad
down into the gulf through Kuwait.
查理负责从巴格达到科威特海湾的高速公路。
Charlie had a bunch of guys that were fighting as an infantryman,
and Mike's running intel over there.
查理手下有一群人,进行步兵作战,迈克负责那边的情报。
So they're brothers.There's a chain of command.
他们还是兄弟。这是一个“指挥链条”。
But they're brothers.
但他们是亲兄弟。
So Charlie's able to tell Mike,"Hey, this is what I'm seeing down here."
这样查理就能告诉迈克,“嘿,这就是我在这里看到的。”
Not having it filtered to Mike.
不会对迈克,进行任何“过滤隐瞒”。
If Charlie told him what was going on down the street,
okay, south of him,and what they were seeing down there,
如果查理告诉他,街上发生了什么,就在他的南边,以及他们在那边看到了什么,
that he was going to get accurate information
and be able to use that and act on it.
他就能得到准确的信息,并能利用这些信息采取行动。
This gets published, huge outcry in Washington, DC,
这个被发布了,在华盛顿特区引起“轩然大♥波♥”,
the heads of the,of all this just giant monolith
那个被称作“情报联合体”庞然大物的
called the intelligence community,all the agency heads were like,
they wanted my head.
各部门的主管头头们,仿佛都想把我的头砍下似的。
Ten years of war.I stick my name on that assessment.
这十年的战争中。我就是在评估中维持我的名声。
And I'm saying to the intelligence community, we're still
not able to do our job, we're not doing our job.
我对“情报联合体”说,我们还是不能做好我们的工作,因为我们就没在做工作。
There's so many things that are-- that are addressed in here
在这里要处理的很多事情,
from the perspective of understanding your enemy,
不光是从了解你的敌人的角度上考虑,
and understanding the environment,and understanding yourself.
还要从了解环境,及了解你自己的角度上考虑。
It's a very basic statement about warfare.
这是关于战事的一个基本态度。
For the officers,the last promotion is to major general.
我的军职最终升到了少将军衔。
Everything after that is an appointment
by the president of the United States.
在那之后的一切职务,都是由合众国总统任命的。
Jim Clapper wanted me,he went to the president
and the president appointed me.
吉姆·克拉珀想要我担任,他去找了总统,总统任命了我。
So in this case,it's President Obama.
这才使得奥巴马总统任命了我。
So President Obama appoints me into that job
as the assistant director of National Intelligence,
这样,奥巴马总统任命我为国家情报副总监,
and then I have to go through a full Senate confirmation.
然后,我要得到参议院的充分批准。
So I'm coming back to Washington, DC,
we're going to be able to keep our family there, you know,
这样,我就要回到华盛顿,并把家安在那里,这你懂的,
this is good,I'm going to get promoted.
这很好,我要升官了。
弗林的到了奥巴马的两次任命提升。
2011年,作为国家情报副总监,配合工作。
2012年,作为国防情报局局长。
Many recall the famous article Mike Flynn wrote,
许多人还记得迈克·弗林写的那篇著名的文章,
(国家情报总监,詹姆士.克拉珀)
called "A Blueprint for Making Intelligence Relevant,"
题为《与使用情报相关的规划》
which is one of the reasons why I brought Mike to ODNI ,
这篇文章也是我推荐迈克,到国家情报总监办公室的原因之一,
to fix all the intelligence issues that he'd been complaining about.
以解决他一直抱怨的所有“情报牢骚”。
There's a phrase in the military,and I don't use my Irish too often,
but,you know, they say, "Fuck up and move up." Right?
军界有闲话了,我不常说爱尔兰粗话,但他们说“你搞事,就为了往上爬”对吧?
And, you know, and I'm thinking,
所以,你懂的,我就想,
"Oh, maybe, maybe I fucked up so bad
that they're just going to move me up to shut me up."
哦,也许,也许是我很爱搞事情,他们会把我调上来,就想让我闭嘴。”
It may very well be a case of bringing your enemies
as close as you can so you can control them.
这很可能是一个,让你的敌人尽可能靠近的例子,这样你就可以控制他们。
Big title, and a big job.
头衔很大,但工作也很重要。
Big job, huge job.
工作重要,责任更重。
I mean, the pinnacle of someone's career
as an intelligence officer in the United States Army,
我是说,作为美国陆军的情报官员,这是他职业生涯的巅峰,
it's like almost the number one-- it is the number one job,in fact,
它几乎是排名第一的...事实上,它是排名第一的工作,
unless you're the National Security Advisor,
which he ended up becoming as well.
除非你是国♥家♥安♥全♥事务顾问,而他最终也成了国安顾问。
I've had a lot of time in combat,probably more--
我在长♥期♥在战斗中打磨...
more time in combat than most people, you know,
that were in my sort of category.
你知道,在我的同侪中,可能比大多数人都要多。
And I've had a lot of time, you know, in the field, in--
in operational assignments.
你懂的,我长♥期♥身临战场,处在各种行动中。
And, and I'm also a Democrat.
而我还是一名民♥主♥党人。
So we're Kennedy Democrats, never Republicans.
我们都是在肯尼迪时代的注册民♥主♥党员,从不是什么共和党员。
电影精选列表