我不想让你担心
I wanted to protect you.
我想保护你
Oh, come on.
拜托
We're in this together.
我们是一条船上的
And you have a responsibility.
你有责任
Yeah, to our family.
是的 为了我们的家庭
To something larger than that.
为了更大的东西
If they let me go now, under these circumstances,
如果他们现在放我走在这种情况下
I just can't turn around and find another job.
我不能转身就再找一份工作
I really don't know what to do.
我真的不知道该怎么办
We will manage.
我们会处理好的
We will.
我们会的
We always do.
我们一向如此
Yeah?
是吗
I'm sorry.
对不起
Um, Bill.
比尔
It's, uh, Tyrone.
我是泰隆
I've thought about your proposal.
我考虑过你的建议
Um.
呃
Uh, let's come to an arrangement.
我们来安排一下
Hello?
喂
Claire, I've been trying to call you.
克莱尔我一直在给你打电♥话♥
Your car's not in the driveway.
你的车不在了
Where are you?
你在哪儿
I'm traveling.
我在旅行
Traveling?
旅行
Where?
在哪里
Listen, Sue,
听着苏
I can't really talk right now, okay?
我现在不方便说话好吗
IWhat are you doing, Claire?
我 你在干什么克莱尔
Sue. Claire.
苏 克莱尔
I know that this is hell.
我知道这是地狱
You know,
你知道
the doctor said it took
医生说
four minutes for his heart to give out.
我儿子的心脏整整挣扎了4分钟
It took him four minutes to stop breathing.
他花了四分钟才停止呼吸
Four minutes his heart was constricting in his chest,
整整四分钟他的心脏在胸腔里收缩
like someone was strangling him until he died.
好像有人要勒死他一样
Claire.
克莱尔
I'm sorry.
对不起
Claire.
克莱尔
Claire.
克莱尔
Dr. Brower. Yes.
布劳尔博士是我
How are you?
近来可好
I'm Sarah, Dr. Simons' assistant.
我是萨拉西蒙博士的助手
Hi. Follow me, please.
嗨 请跟我来
Thank you.
谢谢你
Did you find everything okay?
你一切都好吗
Yeah, thanks.
好的谢谢
It's uh, quite a place, huh?
这地方真不错是吧
Yeah.
是的
I'm lucky to call it my office.
很幸运我能在这里办公
Tyrone.
泰隆
Bill.
比尔
These are the execution copies.
这些是执行副本
And here is the grant check for your lab.
这是给你实验室的拨款支票
It's made out to me.
这是给我的
I'm sure you can endorse it over,
我相信你可以签字同意
if that's what you want.
如果这是你想要的
It's up to you.
这取决于你
Dr. Brower.
布劳尔博士
I am Meg Holmes.
我是梅格·霍姆斯
Dr. Holmes.
霍姆斯博士
Yeah.
是的
The CEO.
执行总裁
I uh, must be important.
我 呃 一定很重要
Very important to us.
对我们非常重要
And thanks so much,
非常感谢
so much, for being here.
非常感谢你来到这里
I'm glad we were able to come to an agreement
我很高兴我们能达成协议
to support your work.
来支持你的工作
Support my work.
支持我的工作
That's surprising.
这真令人惊讶
I didn't know you'd taken much interest in it before.
我不知道你以前对它很感兴趣
We only learned recently how much good it can do.
我们直到最近才知道它能带来多少好处
Dr. Holmes, with respect, may I ask you something?
霍姆斯博士恕我直言我能问你个问题吗
Why ignore my data?
为什么忽略我的数据
You read the report, you, you know what happens.
你看了报告你 你知道会发生什么
Klaralon doesn't work.
卡拉隆不起作用
Let's say it doesn't work.
假设它不起作用
What then?
然后呢
Then why make it?
那为什么还要做呢
Because it will work.
因为它会起作用
It will, in time.
总有一天会的
You're a scientist, you can't sign your name to a lie.
你是个科学家你不能在谎言上签名
It's not a lie.
这不是谎言
It's a step on the path.
这是前进道路上的一步
I am here operating in the real world,
我在现实世界里工作
and if Klaralon is even 1% better than oxycodone,
如果卡拉隆比羟考酮好1%
then that's 1% that can change the world.
那就是能改变世界的1%
You will never change demand or behavior.
你永远不会改变需求或行为
But you will fund continued research through these products
但是你将通过这些产品为继续研究提供资金
and take a step closer
再靠近一步
to the ultimate breakthrough that will come.
最终的突破将会到来
That's not my world.
那不是我的世界
That's a cause.
这是个动机
I don't deal in causes.
我无法妥协
But somebody has to. I deal in science.
但总得有人做 我是搞科学的
I deal in truth.
我相信真理
And what precisely is that truth?
那么究竟什么才是真理呢
You think you get to make that decision,
你以为你可以应对
along with all the collateral damage
所有附带伤害
it might bring with it?
仍然做这个决定吗
What about the millions in pain who need this drug
那么数百万需要用这个药
to ease their suffering and use it legitimately?
来减轻病痛 并想合法使用它的病人 他们怎么办
Should they be denied care because you say so?
他们是否应该因为你的决定而被拒绝治疗
You're holding up one animal study,
你在阻碍一项动物研究
one highly questionable study,
个非常值得怀疑的研究
while even you yourself know
连你自己都知道
that 65% of these animal studies don't translate to humans.
65%的 动物实验不适用 于人类
And for that you wanna destroy a chance at real relief?
就因为这个 你就想毁掉一个真正解脱的机会
If that's not a cause, I don't know what is.
如果这不是动机我不知道什么是
I can't do it.
我做不到
I won't do it.
我不会这么做的
Jake.
杰克
No Labatt tonight?
今晚拉巴特没来吗
No.
没有
Just whiskey.
只有威士忌
Takes all kinds.
各种各样的
We all set for tomorrow?
明天的事都准备好了吗
Of course we are, what we said.
当然 我们说好的
Good.
很好
So, where's the meet?
那么 在哪里见面
We still work out a safe place for you.
我们还在给你找个安全的地方
I'll tell you tomorrow, Correc'?
我明天告诉你吧 科雷克
And you'll be there?
你会去吗
'Cause I'll be there.
因为我会在那里
And I'm not handing all of my fucking money
我不会把我所有的钱都交出去
to somebody I never met before.
给一个我从没见过的人
What, you worry I set you up?
怎么你担心我陷害你
Is that it?
电影精选列表