因为我的错
through my fault...
…由于我最严重的过失
..through my most grievous fault.
所以我恳请圣母玛利亚
Therefore I ask blessed Maryever-Virgin,
所有的天使和圣徒
all the Angels and Saints,
还有你 我的兄弟姐♥妹♥们♥
and you, my brothers and sisters,
为我向耶♥和♥华♥
to pray for me
我们的神祈祷
to the Lord our God.
阿门
Amen.
嗯…她清了清嗓子
Um...SHE CLEARS HER THROAT
很遗憾 马克今天不能来了
Sadly, Mark can't be here today,
但这就是他要
but this is the speech
读的致辞
he would have read.
“约翰·托马斯·科登
"John Thomas Cobden
“出生于‘饥饿的三十年代’
"was born inthe 'hungry thirties',
“九个孩子中的第五个
"the fifth of nine children,
“孩子们都在同一个排屋里长大
"all brought upin the same terraced house.
“这不容易
"Can't have been easy.
“他把奖学金给了一所天主教文法学校
"He passed the scholarship to a Catholic grammar school,
“但他恨这所学校 15岁就离开了
"and hated it and left at 15.
“那时法文学校的男孩
"Grammar school boys
“干不了体力活
"didn't get their hands dirty back then,
“所以他在柯克马什的办公室里找了份工作
"so he took a job in the office at Kirkmarsh....
“那就是他遇见妈妈的地方
"And that's where he met Mum.
就是我
Me.
温柔地笑着 “退休后
GENTLE CHUCKLING"His retirement
“他花了很多时间钓鱼和看足球
"he spent fishing and watching football,
“在最后的六、七年左右的时间里
"and for the last six, seven years or so,
“则是和他的孙子汤姆一起看足球赛
"watching the football with his grandson Tom.
“约翰·托马斯·科布登
"John Thomas Cobden.
“优秀的工会会员
"Good trade unionist,
“垂钓能手
"good angler...
“好丈夫
"..good husband...
“睿智的父亲 ”
"..brilliant father."
我知道马克认为他的父亲以他为耻
I know that Mark thinks his father is ashamed of him
因为他在那可怕的一天所造成的悲剧
for what he did that dreadful day...
玛丽·路易斯:“因为他给那个可怜人的家人
MARIE—LOUISE:"..for the pain and grief
“造成的痛苦和悲伤
"he caused that poor man's family.
“他做得对
"He's right.
“但只因为那可怕的一天
"But only for that one dreadful day.
琼:对于后来发生的一切
JUNE: For everythingthat came later...
…包括他去了警♥察♥局自首
..for the way in which he went to the police himself,
他坦白 他认罪了
he confessed, he pleaded guilty,
他没有提出任何减刑的建议
he offered no pleain mitigation whatsoever...
…他接受了判决
..for the way in which he accepted his sentence
乐意地接受了更长的刑期
and would gladly have accepted longer...
…他将在狱中的每一天
..for the way in which he sees every day of his imprisonment
作为他的又一个赎罪日
as one more day of atonement,
马克的父亲
Mark's father...
…我的约翰
..my John...
“比以往任何时候都为他的儿子感到骄傲”
"..was prouder of his son than he'd ever been."
他呼气
HE EXHALES
非常感谢
Thank you.
他清了清嗓子
HE CLEARS HIS THROAT
我欠你一个人情
I owe you one.
谢谢
Thanks.
别担心
No worries.
锁的叮当声
LOCK CLANGS
大本钟钟声
BIG BEN CHIMES
电视:成千上万的烟花即将点亮
TV: Thousands of fireworks are about to light up
首都上空的天空
the sky above the capital.
人群:十 九
CROWD: Ten, nine...
大本钟著名的钟声将在午夜响起
Big Ben's famous bongs will ring out at midnight.
人群:…五 四 三
CROWD: ..five, four, three,
二 一
two, one...
砰砰
BANGING
砰的一声关上了门
BANGS DOOR
砰砰声回荡
BANGING RESOUNDS
法官判我至少十年刑期
The judge sentenced me to life with a minimum of ten years.
我已经坐了25年牢 这是我的第六次假释听证会了
And I've done 25 and this is,what, my sixth parole hearing?
我知道 假释要求会
And I know for a factthat parole will,
再一次被拒绝
once again, be refused.
不是因为我不符合所有的要求 我符合
Not because I don't tick all the boxes. I do.
而是因为 我还不知道这里谁是老大
Because of this - I still haven't learnt who's boss.
我还没有学会完全服从
I still haven't learntto submit totally
狱警的命令
to a prison officer.
我仍然有一些独♥立♥的思想
I still have some independence of spirit.
你会认为你会重视这一点
You'd think you'd value that.
有独♥立♥思想的人
People who havesome independence of spirit
肯定会比那些
would surely do better out there
被击垮的人做得更好 但是没有
than people who've been crushed, but no...
你们只是想让我知道谁是老大
..you just want to show me who's boss.
你说你做过什么
You say you did something.
让你的受害者
Something that made your victim
不想再做你朋友的事情
not want to be friends any more.
所以你杀了他
So you killed him.
是 啊
Yeah.
你做了什么?
What was it you did?
我会用我惯有的回答方式来回答
I'll answer that the way I've answered it
在前五次中的每一次我都是这么回答的
on each of the last five occasions I've been here.
这一次 我仍然不准备说出来
I'm not prepared to say.
钢笔划伤
PEN SCRATCHES
我是亚历山大·道尔
I'm Alexander Doyle.
受害者鲍比·道尔是我哥哥
Bobby Doyle, the victim,was my older brother.
我今天在这里是因为我的父母已经去世了
I'm here today because both my parents have now died -
我爸爸是几年前过世的
my dad a few years back and...
我妈妈则是三个月前走的
..my mum three months ago.
两人都死于悲痛过度
Both died of grief.
这个人那天不仅杀了我哥哥
This man didn't just kill my brother that day,
他还杀了我父母
he killed my parents too.
这个人试图将自己
This man tries to paint himself
描述为具有与体制抗争的某种自♥由♥精神
as some sort of free spirit fighting against the system.
然而 他不是这样的人
Well, he's no such thing.
他是个杀人犯
He's a murderer.
这个人暗示他15年前就该出狱了
This man implies that he should've been out 15 years ago.
然而 我父母却不是
Well, my parents weren't.
两人都服了终身监禁
Both served life.
这个人拒绝说出他对我哥哥做了什么
This man refuses to reveal what he did with my brother...
他做的那件事让我哥哥付出了生命
..that thing he did which cost my brother his life.
好的 请所有人都出去
OK, let's clear the room,
他可以当面告诉我
and he can tell me face to face,
因为我有权听到他的说辞
cos I've got every right to hear it.
我们可以走了吗?
Can we go, please?
他会为你做任何事
He'd have done anything for you.
我也是
And me too.
我告诉他'我爱他'
I told him that I loved him.
而且 你知道 我一直在看很多东西
And, you know, I've been looking at loads
当然是大学课程 但这肯定是
of college courses, but it's definitely something
我很喜欢的东西 如果不来这里 我永远不会想到这一点
I'd like to do, and I never would've thought of that without coming here.
好的 下一个是谁?
OK. Who's next?
继续 利亚姆 继续
Go on, Liam. Go on.
我曾经想来这里
I used to want to come here...
…被送到这里来
..to get sent here.
我爸爸曾在这里坐过牢
My dad was here.
我们的彼得也是
Our Peter was here.
我认识的其他小伙子
Other lads that I know,
他们都在谈论“差劲的克雷格莫尔监狱”
they'd all talk about "crappy Craigmore".
“我蹲了三年” 我爸爸这么说
"Three years I did,"that's what me dad says,
“我轻而易举就蹲完了”
"and I done it standing on me head."
听到这每个人都笑了
And everyone laughs.
事实是
The truth is...