我是 是的
I was, yeah.
所以你 最重要的 你一定知道他病得有多严重 是吗?
So you, above all, must have known how ill he was, yeah?
是的 听着 我真的很抱歉 我现在不能这么做
Yeah, look, I'm really sorry. I can't do this just now.
但你却把关隔离室了
And yet you put him in segregation.
是的 听着 作为最后的手段 休斯夫人
Yeah, look, as a last resort, Mrs Hughes.
伯纳德在伤害自己 我们必须监视他
Bernard was harming himself. We had to keep an eye on him.
你让一个重病男孩被关隔离室里
You put a seriously ill boy in segregation
就在那时他决定自杀
and that's when he decided to kill himself.
不 他没有别的地方了
No, there was nowhere else for him.
你会说他应该在那家医院
You'd say he should've been in that hospital,
我同意你 休斯夫人
and I agree with you, Mrs Hughes,
但是这个地方有一半的人都是这样
but that goes for half the men in this place.
他们都应该在精神病院 而不是这个监狱
They should all be in mental hospitals, not in this nick,
但是监狱没有多余的牢房♥
but there's no room for them,
所以他们留在这里 我们尽我们所能
so they stay here and we do the best we can.
老实说 我们尽我们所能地为他们着想了
Honestly, we do the very best that we can for them,
这通常还不够好
and often that's not good enough.
我真的为你失去儿子感到抱歉
I'm really sorry for your loss.
你的伯纳德是个好孩子 他不应该在这里
Your Bernard was a good lad. He shouldn't have been here.
发动机起动
ENGINE STARTS
去他妈的监狱!
Fuck this prison!
去你♥妈♥的♥!
And fuck you!
倒霉
Shit.
你应该为自己感到羞耻!
You should be ashamed of yourself!
嘿
Hey.
是 啊你有空吗?是 啊
Yeah? Have you got a minute? Yeah.
我叫卡夫 全称卡瓦纳
I'm Kav. Kavanagh.
你是个老师 是吗?
You're a teacher, yeah?
是 啊
Yeah.
关门
DOOR SHUTS
下周是我们结婚20周年纪念日 我
It's our 20th wedding anniversary next week and I've, um...
我给她做了张贺卡
I've done her a bit of a card.
哦
Right.
我要你在上面写点东西
I want you to write something in it.
嗯 你想让我写什么?
Um, what do you want me to write?
我不知道
I don't know.
你会写字吗 卡夫?
Can you write, Kav?
不会
No.
你会识字吗?
Can you read?
不会
No.
那好 你想学吗?
Right. Would you like to learn?
是 啊
Yeah.
好吧 好吧 好吧 让我们把这作为你的第一课 嗯?是 啊
Well, all right. Well, let's make this your first lesson, eh? Yeah?
是 啊
Yeah.
对,呃,
Right, er...
呃 这是给谁的 卡夫?
Er, who's it to, Kav?
简
Jane.
嗯到…“T-O
OK. "To..." T-O.
“简……”
"..Jane..."
J-A-N-E 简
J-A-N-E. Jane.
好吧 接下来呢?
All right, what's next?
我不知道 我不善言辞
I dunno. I'm no good with words.
那这句怎么样?
Well, what about that?
“我不擅长说话 ”
"I'm no good with words."
是 啊
Yeah?
是 啊
Yeah.
“我是”是“我是”的缩写
"I'm" is short for "I am",
所以它有一个撇号♥
so it's got this, an apostrophe,
这表示它是某个单词的缩写 对吗?
which means it's short for something. Right?
“.不……”不
"..no..." N-O.
”“好的
"..good...
“.与
"..with...
“.文字 ”
"..words."
所以
So...
“致简 我不善言辞
"To Jane, I'm no good with words.
“但一言足矣”
"..but I need only one."
那是什么?
And what's the one?
爱?
Love?
是 啊
Yeah.
是 啊
Yeah.
是 啊
Yeah.
“爱 ”
"Love."
L-O-V-E 看起来应该读成loave
L-O-V-E. Looks like it should be pronounced loave
但这是爱 是 啊
but it's love. Yeah.
好啊是 啊
OK? Yeah.
我们应该怎么签字?
How should we sign it?
K
K.
是 啊Kavanagh的缩写 当然是K
Yeah. Short for Kavanagh, so it's a K, of course.
K我们亲吻一下好吗?
K. Shall we put a kiss?
是 啊是 啊好吧
Yeah. Yeah? All right.
继续 好了
Go on. There you go.
“给简
"To Jane.
“我不善言辞 但一言足矣
"I'm no good with words but I need only one.
“我爱你 K.“
"Love. K."
行吗? -我欠你个人情
All right? I owe you one.
电♥话♥铃响了
PHONE RINGS
你好 埃里克·麦克纳利?
Hello. Eric McNally?
讲话
Speaking.
你知道那座古老的Runcorn桥吗?
You know the old Runcorn Bridge?
是的 我知道 是的
Yeah, I know it, yeah.
你明天早上要去那里拿东西
You're going there tomorrow morning to pick something up.
好啊早上6点 不要迟到
OK. 6am. Don't be late.
是 啊
Yeah.
通话结束
CALL ENDS
我得去旧桥下拿点东西
I've got to pick something up under the old bridge.
什么时候
When?
明天早上 六点钟
Tomorrow morning. Six o'clock.
附近的声音
VOICE NEARBY
是的 如果你想的话
Yeah, if you want.
如果你愿意的话 对 对 我过会儿再拿回来 好吗?
If you want. Right, yeah. I'll bring it back later, yeah?
是的 不用担心 我现在在这里
Yeah, no worries. I'm here now.
正确的 耶 耶 耶 耶 耶 一会儿 一点 一点
Right. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. In a bit. A bit. A bit.
紧张吗?还好吧?
Easy? All right?
是麦克先生!
It's Mr Mac!
我在你的监狱待过
I was on your wing.
我不记得你了
I don't remember you.
肯尼·梅多斯 清洁工之王 你记得吗?
Kenny Meadows. King of the cleaners. You remember?
哦 是的 是 啊
Oh, yeah. Yeah.
我没想到会是你来 老板
I never thought this would be a bit of you, boss.
说来话长
Long story.
那就把它收起来
Put it away, then.
这是怎么一回事?
What is it?
放在背心口袋里面
Vest. Pockets in it.
口袋里放的什么?
What's in the pockets?
毒品
Pick 'n' mix.
今天就穿 好吗?
Wear it today, yeah?
是 啊
Yeah?
很高兴见到你 老板 看起来不错 伙计
Good to see you, boss. Looking good, man.
这是什么药?不知道
What kind of drugs are they? Don't know.
是大♥麻♥吗?不
Is it cannabis? No.
在血液中停留太久
Stays in the blood too long.
海♥洛♥因♥?-可能是
Heroin? Possibly.
是那种合成大♥麻♥吗?可能
Is it that spice? Probably.
不 看起来你下面有东西
No. It looks like you've got something underneath it.
那只是因为你知道它就在那里
That's only because you know it's there.
我穿上套头衫就没事了
I'll be all right when I put my jumper on.
门铃响了
DOOR ENTRY BUZZES
好吧好吧
All right? All right?
我能请你不要把这些挂在机翼上吗?
Can I ask you to keep these off the wing?
不
Nope.