剧集 | 他们(2021) | 导航列表
美国梦还在 且很强大
The American dream is alive and well.
"山姆大叔"正积极运用"退伍军人♥权♥利法案"
Uncle Sam and his G.I. Bill of Rights are hard at work
帮助我们的退伍军人们重新站稳脚跟
Getting our boys back on their feet.
费用低廉的大学教育 职业培训
Affordable college, job training,
低息抵押贷款等等
low-interest mortgages and more.
退伍军人管理局已经安排了五百万户年轻家庭迁入新家
Already, the Veterans Administration has put five million young families into new homes.
你可能想知道 这么多雄心勃勃的美国人选择去哪儿定居
And where, might you ask, are many of these ambitious Americans choosing to settle down?
当然是"天使之城"
Well, the City of Angels, of course,
全美国成长最快的城市
the fastest-growing city in the United States.
洛杉矶各处都在开♥发♥建造宏伟的新住房♥
All over Los Angeles, brand-new housing developments are being built.
去西部吧 年轻人
Go west, young man.
美国的未来 在阳光明媚的加利福尼亚
The future of America is in sunny California.
几年前 西康普顿还是一片翠绿
So, a few years back, West Compton, green as can be...
看不见一个黑人 墨西哥人或日本人
not a Negro, Mexican or Jap in sight...
但是 正如你们在这里看到的 在不到十年的时间里
But as you can see here, in less than a decade,
整个社区都翻了颜色 变成了一片红海
the entire neighborhood's completely flipped... red city.
而且他们不得不建造更多住房♥来容纳想在此安居的黑人
In fact, they had to build more housing just to accommodate all the Negroes who want to live there.
那么 你愿意给我们什么待遇
So, what are you prepared to do for us?
所有南国信托地♥产♥
Seven percent interest on loans
收♥购♥的物业 贷款利率为7%
for all properties Southland Trust Realty acquires.
7% 我们能从太阳信托拿到4%
Seven? We can get four from SunTrust.
别在贷款利率上占我们便宜
Len, don't bend us over on the interest here,
我们可是会给你带来大量业务的
not with all the business we're about to toss your way.
你们会以收♥购♥价两倍的价格出♥售♥
You guys are gonna sell the houses for double what you paid
然后再收多少 抵押贷款的20%吗
and charge, what, 20% on the mortgages?
等等 你们收黑人的贷款利率超过20%
Wait. You're charging Negroes more than 20%?
没人能付得清这笔债
There's no way anyone can get out from under that.
若不是法律禁止你们银行贷款给黑人
If your bank wasn't legally prohibited from lending to Negroes,
你们也会这么做的 -在合理范围内
you'd do the same. - Within reason.
6% 各位 我们快把这事定了吧
Six percent, fellas, huh? Let's get this done.
一旦原业主开始出♥售♥住房♥ 市政♥府♥将会
The city will approve any new Southland Trust development
批准东康普顿的新开♥发♥项目
in East Compton once all the original owners have sold.
这可未必 -这我还不清楚吗
Not a given. - Tell me my fucking business.
芝加哥 巴尔的摩 兰辛…
Chicago, Baltimore, Lansing...
奥克兰 西雅图…
Oakland, Seattle.
那真是有先见之明
Now, that was foresight.
把一户黑人家庭迁到一个体面的白人社区
Move just one Black family into a decent white neighborhood,
其他的业主就会很快低价抛售
and the other homeowners will throw money at you faster than you can count it.
黑人并不蠢 就连他们自己都不愿跟其他黑人一起生活
Negroes aren't stupid. Given a choice, even they don't want to live among other Negroes.
为自己负担不起的东西
Nothing more American than
支付双倍价格 这是最典型的美国风格了
people willingly paying double for something they can't afford in the first place.
要是他们意识到自己被骗了怎么办
And what happens once they realize they have been swindled?
你要真这么担心 可以向柯斯特拉小姐借个卫生巾
Well, you could always ask Miss Koistra if you could borrow a sanitary napkin.
他们偿还贷款 获利的是我们
If they make their mortgage payments, we win.
他们违约 获利的也是我们
If they default, we win.
你会希望他们没按时还款
Oh, you pray they miss their nut,
这样就能把房♥子再投入市场
and then you put those houses right back on the market.
以更高价出♥售♥
At another markup.
到了那个时候 这就是一个黑人社区了
And by this time, it's an all-Negro neighborhood.
一群无法获得传统抵押贷款的人
An entire population of Negroes who can't secure traditional mortgages.
要给你个算盘吗
Do you need an abacus?
那好吧 6% -这就对了
Uncle. Six percent. - Yeah, there you go.
预计能销♥售♥多少
And what are we projecting?
柯斯特拉小姐是我们的操作员
Well, Miss Koistra's our man on the ground,
尽管她是女性
as it were.
是的
Yes.
头开得挺不错
A good beginning.
光是今天 我们就让两个街区之内的第二栋住房♥翻了色
Just today, we flipped our second property within a two-block radius.
这些家庭 尤其是黑人退伍军人
These families, especially Negro veterans,
正大批向西部迁徙
they are coming west in droves.
打断一下 两个街区的两户人家 这也叫"大批"
Uh, I'm sorry, two families in two blocks is "droves"?
你不是说她很厉害的吗
I thought you said she was a shark.
他们会来的 而且还没看到房♥子
These families, they are coming, and they are
就准备好付钱了
ready to buy, sight unseen.
现在只有两户人家 但我觉得
Just the two families for now, but I think,
保守估计 在六个月内
conservatively, inside six months,
东康普顿将变得跟西康普顿一样
East Compton's gonna look a lot like West Compton.
看看地图
Look at the map.
这是我们的"淘金热"
This is our rush of '49.
而且我们有市场垄断权 -我能说一句吗…
And we've got the monopoly. - If I could just...
我做了一些调查 正如你们所知
I've been doing some research, and just to say it,
有黑人业主入住时房♥产价格实际上会上升
Negro homeowners, when they move in, property values actually go up.
没错 -我觉得
Right? - I'm saying,
与其制♥造♥这样一个无法维持的泡沫
instead of creating this bubble that can't be sustained...
毁掉这些社区和人们的生活
Ruining neighborhoods, people's lives...
何不提供有竞争力的 抵押贷款利率呢
What if we offer mortgage rates that were competitive?
什么
What?
我不是说我们就不赚钱了
I'm not saying that we don't make a profit.
你是从哪儿找来的这个娘们
Where did you find this broad?
海伦 我们不是共♥产♥主义者
We're not communists, Helen.
老天 太天真了
Jesus, the naivete.
科斯特拉 你能在这里是因为你有冲劲
You're here because you've got drive, Koistra...
比康普顿办公室的任何男人都有胆魄
More balls than any man in the Compton office.
我只是说 从长远来看…
I'm-I'm just saying that in the long run...
你本可以回家相夫教子
You could be home taking care of some kids or a husband,
但是你找到了自己的人生使命
but you've found your life's calling.
别让性别中的弱点占了上风
Don't fuck it up
毁了你的前途
by succumbing to the weaker nature of your sex.
如果你不能让东康普顿翻色
If you can't flip East Compton,
那就自己…
then get yourself a decent haircut...
我的天20%
Oh, my. Twenty percent?
在本金的基础上吗
On the principal?
这是买♥♥♥房♥♥贷款的标准比例
It's quite standard for this kind of purchase.
我知道这利率看上去很高 但我们在承担所有风险
I know it seems high, but we're assuming all the risk
因为 正如你们所知
since, as you know, a traditional bank
传统的银行不愿贷款给入住专属社区的黑人
won't lend to Negroes moving into exclusive neighborhoods.
你看 亲爱的 30年后房♥子就完全是我们的了
See, darling, 30 years, and we own it outright.
而且随着你们经济条件的改善
And you can pay it off early,
你们可以提前还清贷款
as your circumstances improve.
我们俩坐在摇椅上
Us on rocking chairs,
身边有一大群孙辈跑来跑去
mess of grandchildren running around.
家庭的未来是不能用价格衡量的
You can't put a price on your family's future.
这是什么
What's this?
别管这个
Oh, don't pay that any mind.
我们住在这里是合法的吗
Is it even legal for us to live here?
海伦小姐的话我给你说了的
I told you what Miss Helen said.
世界正在变化
The world is changing,
你们有机会成为其中的一分子
and you get to be part of that.
这很令人兴奋
It's exciting.
我就不跟你们绕弯子了
I'll play it straight with you folks.
跟所有的改变一样 起初会有些不适应
Like any change, there's gonna be growing pains,
但是过几天 所有问题就会消失
but nothing that won't blow over in a few days.
我们在报上看到过
We read about some incidents.
西康普顿贝尔社区的一些事
In Bell, West Compton.
那是旧闻了 现在
Old news. Now...
没有比那里更好的居住地了
you couldn't imagine a nicer place to live.
你住在那里吗
Do you live there?
我还在攒钱呢 不过…
Oh, I'm still putting my pennies in my piggy bank, but...
你做主吧
You know best.
我并不觉得会有麻烦
Now, I don't expect any trouble, but,
不过晚上入住更好些 不太会惊动邻里
moving in at night might create less of a... stir.
看了今天的连载漫画了吗
You seen today's "Alley Oop"?
每次都能把我笑死
Huh? Kills me every time.
进展如何
How'd we do?
管好你那头的事就行
Just manage your end.
吃点东西吧 你会感觉好些
Eat something. You'll feel better.
布尔 我很忙
I'm busy, Bull.
别这样
Come on. Come on.
别走
Stay.
我来问你个问题
Let me ask you something...
剧集 | 他们(2021) | 导航列表