剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表
So that's what I'm trying to do.
所以我正在努力
I don't want to stop you. Go ahead.
我无意阻止你 继续吧
I hooked it. A little bit.
有点歪 一点点
You like to drink in the middle of the day?
你总是大白天喝酒吗
I'm still on Afghanistan time,
我还在过阿富汗时间
I'm unemployed, and I'm in sweatpants at a bowling alley.
失业 穿着运动裤在保龄馆呆着
I heard you had some trouble in Fallujah.
听说你在费卢杰遇到了些麻烦
That was a long time ago.
那是很久之前的事了
Five months.
五个月
I got stabbed in the abdomen.
我下腹部被人捅了
They sewed me up. The budget cuts hurt worse.
他们替我缝合了 预算裁剪更令我痛苦
You're expensive.
你贵得很
You may have priced yourself out of your own career.
也许你就是要价太高才失业的
I offered to cut my salary 35%.
我主动下调35%的薪水
I'm not what's expensive about foreign coverage.
我才不是国外报道昂贵的原因
Have you thought about a studio job again?
你想过重回演播室吗
I've dreamt about that, being an EP again.
我梦想再做回制片人
There was nothing in Atlanta or New York,
可亚特兰大和纽约没有机会
so CNN gave me permission to explore other options,
所以CNN准许我另辟蹊径
and it turns out I don't have any.
结果证明我没办法
Nothing here in DC, London.
特区 伦敦都没有
I may be down, but I'm not out.
可能我处在低谷 但我还没出局
I'm gonna qualify for the ladies' professional bowling tour.
我要具备女子专业保龄球巡回赛的资格
I don't think you are.
我不认为你能
Based on one frame? Yes.
仅凭一次表现 是
Well, haters gonna hate.
黑者自黑
That's not your first beer today, is it?
那不是你今天喝的第一瓶酒 对吧
I'm not sure,
我不确定
but I think the reason I've been drinking lately
但我认为我最近之所以酗酒
is to numb the feeling of despair.
是想麻痹自己的绝望情绪
If you were thinking clearly,
如果你头脑清楚
you probably would have asked me by now
现在就该问我
why I came down to Washington to talk to you.
为什么来华盛顿找你
Hang on.
等下
Yeah, that's for sure what I would have done.
嗯 我的确该问
I want you to take over "News Night".
我要你接手《晚间新闻》
Excuse me, can you tell me where Don Keefer's office is?
打扰下 请问唐·基佛的办公室在哪
It's right over there. You see the name on the door?
就在那儿 看见门上的名牌没
Thank you.
谢谢
Come in.
进
Good morning. I'm Sloan Sabbith. I work on dayside.
早上好 我是斯隆·莎碧斯 做日间档
Yeah, I know you.
我知道你
"Market Rip-off With Sloan Sabbith."
有斯隆·莎碧斯 市场诈骗无敌手
Wrapup. I'm kidding. It's just what we call
市场总结 我说笑的 我们称为
Yeah. It's not a joke about you or the show.
嗯 不是取笑你或这档节目
I understand. It's more about how the banks play it
我懂 更多的是关于银行如何
a little fast and loose with subprime mortgages.
又快又松地处理次贷的
It's fine. On dayside we call you
没关系 我们在日间档都叫你
the executive producer of "Train Wreck With Will McAvoy."
"威尔·麦卡沃伊的列车残骸"监制
It's not as clever as "Market Rip-off"
不如"市场诈骗"的智商高
'cause it doesn't have the same alliterative relationship to the
因为发音不相似
you know what? How can I help you?
你懂的 我能帮你什么忙吗
Friday night you had Rothstein on.
周五晚你让罗斯坦上节目
It was right after the totally
紧接在极具新闻价值的
newsworthy segment on the season finale of "24".
《24小时》的季终集后面
It was the series finale.
那是连续剧的季终集
And do you have a problem with Jack Bauer?
你对杰克·鲍尔有意见吗
I've got a problem with Jake Rothstein
我之前对杰克·罗斯坦有意见
and now I've got a problem with Will McAvoy.
现在我对威尔·麦卡沃伊有意见
Sounds like your problem with Will started before last night.
听起来你从昨晚之前就对威尔有意见了
It did, but that's neither here nor there.
确实 但时间什么的不重要
Rothstein said it's perfectly legitimate for their firm,
罗斯坦说他们公♥司♥ 高盛集团
referring to Goldman, to have sold off those toxic assets
可以完全合法地售卖♥♥
that were exposing them to risk.
那些使他们承受风险的不良资产
"The people who bought them from us should have known better."
"从我们手中买♥♥资产的人应该多做功课"
You did that without notes. Yeah.
你不用记录就记着了 对
And you know what McAvoy's follow-up was?
你知道麦卡沃伊下面说什么吗
"We'll be right back after this."
"广♥告♥后继续"
You'd have liked to have seen a tougher follow-up.
你想看到一个更强硬的跟进问题
Tougher? You'd have liked to have seen a tough followup.
更强硬 强硬的跟进问题
Or any. How about this--
或者任何问题啊 这样问怎样
wasn't the twisted brilliance
大银行将次级房♥贷
of the big banks that they managed to conceal
隐藏在房♥贷抵押证券中
a bunch of subprime mortgages inside a collection
你不觉得这是他们
of other more legitimate mortgage-backed securities?
把自己的聪明用错了地方吗
That wasn't a loaded question? I'll deload it.
这很容易理解吗 我简单说
How would these customers know that these assets were toxic
既然这些知名公♥司♥都给这些资产3A评级[最高]
since the established companies gave them a triple-A rating?
这些消费者怎么会知道哪些是不良资产
You have your own show and you're
你有自己的节目 你可以
free to ask your guests any questions you'd like.
向你的嘉宾问任何问题
And I would have, but my guest, Jacob Rothstein,
我肯定会 但我的嘉宾雅各布·罗斯坦
was poached by your booker
被你们的统筹挖走了
so your boss could ask him if he watches "24."
就为了让你们老大问他看过《24小时》没有
This is one of the people who
他就是造成金融危机的
caused the crash and is freely roaming the countryside.
凶手之一 但他还能随意漫步乡下
Sloan, you came down here and insulted my anchor
斯隆 你下来侮辱了我的主播
and demanded to know why we didn't prepare a better interview.
而且问我们为什么没有更好的准备采访
Let me add this to the conversation.
我这么说吧
For two years I've been listening to people like you
两年来 我一直都听见你这样的人
say they can't believe no one's
说他们无法相信没人
been prosecuted for these Wall Street crimes,
因为华尔街的罪行而得到起诉
and after two years, I'm still fuzzy on what crime was committed
两年后 我还是不明白到底有什么罪行
and who should be prosecuted for it.
谁应该为此被起诉
You're a financial news reporter
你是财经新闻主播
who gets to spend an hour on one subject
每天花费一小时只关注这一个领域
and I'm at least an average consumer of news
而我至少是个关注新闻的普通消费者
and you have failed to get me to understand what you've called
你没有让我明白你所谓的
the most important story of the last 10 years.
过去十年最重要的新闻是什么
So after you get done
所以等你说完
telling me how badly we did our job last night,
我们昨晚的工作有多差劲之后
you may want to do an internal investigation of your own work.
或许你应该对你们的工作来个内部调查
Visit us any time you want.
欢迎随时来访
I have to disclose to you that I have a previous
我必须跟你说 我之前跟
relationship with Will McAvoy.
威尔·麦卡沃伊有段关系
A social relationship.
社会关系
Romantic.
感情方面的
Do you understand what I'm saying?
你知道我在说什么吗
I do, and it's excruciating.
我知道 而且这段关系还很折磨人
I know about that and I couldn't care less.
我都知道 而且我一点都不关心
I've watched tape and during the short time
我看了录像 在你们俩在CNN
you two worked together at CNN, you were onto something.
工作的这么短时间里 你们有目标
You had the beginning of something good.
你们为一件好事情开了头
Part of the reason was we had a news director
部分原因是我们当时的新闻部主任
who was willing to say
愿意说
one segment for you and one segment for me.
这部分给你 这部分给我
I'm a news director who's going to say
我这个新闻部主任愿意
one hour for you and nothing for me.
把一小时留给你 我什么都不要
Why?
为什么
'Cause what you want and what I want are the same thing.
因为你我追求的东西都一样
I want to do an hour of news that's a genuine public service.
我想做一小时真正服务于大众的新闻
That's what I want.
这就是我想要的
Something worthy of a great nation.
能配的上这个伟大国家
Mmhmm. Yes. There was a time when journalism
对 曾经新闻业
wasn't a career, it was a calling. No. That's right.
不是个职业 而是个召唤 对
And you agree? We've been
你还同意 我们已经
agreeing with each other for a little while now.
相互认可一段时间了
I'm taking on a job on a n
我接受了一个新的午后
new afternoon talk show called "Lunch."
脱口秀节目《午餐》的工作
I'm sorry?
什么
I'm executive producing a new daytime talk show
我现在是个日间脱口秀节目的执行制片人
剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表