剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表
how the markets reacted later tonight. John?
我会为您报道市场有何反应 约翰
You're out. Thanks, Sloan.
你完事了 谢谢 斯隆
I spoke to a source at B of A,
我跟一个美国银行的线人谈过
and he couldn't tell me much,
他不能跟我透露太多
but he did say the private equity's from out of town.
但他说了私募基金来自外地
Great. Good lead. Good work.
很好 思路不错 真棒
You don't know what I'm talking about, right? No.
你不明白我在说什么吧 没错
My puzzle. Somebody's buying somebody.
这就是我的谜语 是有人收买♥♥了别人
So I made a list of the out-of-town heavy hitters.
所以我列了一张外地大公♥司♥清单
Gary! TGP Capital, Oaktree,
加里 TGP资本 橡树资本
Lone Star Funds, Golden State, Silver Lake, Sequoia.
龙星基金 金州资本 银湖私募 红杉资本
Yeah? I have a list of 24 private equity firms
怎么了 这个表上有24家私募投资公♥司♥
and I'd like to find out
我要你查出
if anyone has checked into a hotel in the last 72 hours.
过去72小时有没有人入住宾馆
There are 106,000 hotel rooms in New York.
纽约有十万六千个宾馆房♥间
No, they'll be staying at a high-end hotel.
不 他们只会住在高级宾馆里
The Four Seasons, The Carlyle, the Regency,
四季 卡莱尔 凯悦
Ritz-Carlton, Mark, Mercer,
丽思卡尔顿 马克 美世
Soho Grand, Gramercy, Peninsula--
苏豪大酒店 格拉梅西 半岛酒店
Yeah, I'm a little busy with Boston.
可以 但是我还得忙波士顿那边的报道
I meant, you know how after a 16 or 18-hour shift,
要知道连续工作十六甚至十八小时后
you like to unwind with a little work?
不如用轻松点的工作放松一下吧
The tail numbers. What's that?
机尾编号♥ 那是什么
They came on a private jet, right? Probably.
他们坐私人飞机来的吧 很有可能
They either landed at Teterboro or White Plains.
他们就会从泰特波罗或白原着陆
Follow the tail numbers.
按机尾编号♥去查
Decent tip.
好主意
...with CNN's John King reporting a few minutes ago
CNN的约翰·金几分钟前的报道
that an arrest has been made.
嫌疑人已被逮捕
We have no confirmation of this,
我们尚未证实此消息
but again, CNN's John King is reporting...
但重复一次 CNN的约翰·金报道...
John King's reporting an arrest's been made.
约翰·金报道嫌疑人已被逮捕
Do we have a second confirmation?
我们有第二消息源证实吗
Nobody has a second confirmation.
没有人收到第二消息源证实
This man doesn't make a lot of mistakes.
这家伙可不常犯错
There are more reporters in the city right now than Celtics fans.
现在城里的记者比凯尔特人的球迷还多
I don't see how they could
我不明白
have made an arrest without anybody noticing.
他们怎么能实施逮捕还不让人注意到
Get a second source.
去找第二消息源
Find out where he's getting this,
查出他的消息源
'cause somebody's talking to him who isn't talking to us.
因为有人告诉了他却没有告诉我们
Okay, thank you.
好的 谢谢你
Savannah Capital.
萨凡纳资本
Yeah, you're supposed to be sleeping right now.
你现在本应该在睡觉的
I will, but Savannah Capital's in town.
我会的 不过萨凡纳资本在城里
You want me to put a reporter on this?
你要我派记者去报道吗
I am a reporter. An investigative reporter.
我就是记者 调查记者
I don't want to take someone off something important.
我可不想让别人从要事中抽身出来
I can do this. I get information all the time.
我能做到 我一直能得到各种消息
You get information people want you to have.
你得到的消息都是别人刻意给你的
I'm gonna call my good friend Lionel Barkley,
我会打给我的好朋友莱昂内尔·巴克利
CEO of Savannah Capital.
萨凡纳资本的总裁
And he's not gonna tell you anything, right?
他什么也不会告诉你的 不是吗
I wouldn't think so. You don't want the CEO.
我可不这么想 你不需要什么总裁
You want a low-level guy
你需要的是一名低层员工
who wants to impress you by demonstrating
想要通过表明他也是机密的智囊团之一
he's in the loop.
来给你留下印象
I don't know lowlevel people. You teach.
我不认识低层的人 你是老师
Isn't it possible one of your bloodless business students--
有没有可能你那些冷血的商界学生们中...
Is a low-level analyst at Savannah? Yes, sir.
有萨凡纳的低层分♥析♥员 有的 先生
Jacob Geitfreund.
雅各布·葛福伦特
Sent me an email a few months ago.
几个月前给我发过邮件
He'd been promoted from the mail room.
他从收发室被提拔上去了
The result of a proper education.
受到适当教育的成果
The $24,000 computer doesn't hold phone numbers?
两万四千块的电脑连电♥话♥号♥码都存不了吗
Savannah Capital.
萨凡纳资本
Jacob Geitfreund, please. Transferring.
请接雅各布·葛福伦特 正在转接
Very good student, but he likes puns too much.
非常好的学生 就是太喜欢用双关了
Well, praise his blog. How do you know he has a blog?
那就称赞他的博客 你怎么知道他有博客
My phone can Google things. I don't like puns.
我手♥机♥能谷歌♥一下 我不喜欢双关
That wasn't a pun. I'm saying in general.
我那又不是双关 我是从大体上说的
Jacob Geitfreund's office.
雅各布·葛福伦特的办公室
Hi, this is Sloan Sabbith calling for Jacob.
我是斯隆·莎碧斯 我找雅各布
Just a moment, please. I'll see if he's in.
请稍等一下 我去看他在不在
Sometimes puns can be punny.
有时候双关是微不足道的[一语双关]
What'd I just say? Professor Sabbith?
我刚怎么跟你说的 莎碧斯教授
Jacob, you don't have to call me professor anymore. It's Sloan.
雅各布 不用再叫我教授了 叫我斯隆
Got it. I love your blog.
明白 我爱死你的博客了
Well, thank you. Thank you very much.
谢谢 非常感谢
I didn't know you read it. God, everybody does.
不知道你还看呢 天哪 大家都看呢
I was thinking about doing a 30 under 30 package
我想着为顶级的分♥析♥员们做一个
for top analysts and you'd be perfect for that.
最杰出分♥析♥员排行榜 你绝对是最佳人选
Wow, that sounds great. I've love to, yeah.
听着棒极了 我很乐意
Is that why you're calling? Not this time.
你是因为这个打过来的吗 这次不是
Right now I'm calling
我现在打电♥话♥过来
because your firm is doing a media deal in town
是因为你们公♥司♥在城里进行一桩新闻交易
and I wanted to see if I could get you on deep background.
不知道你这里有没有更多的深层背景信息
Hey, you're the one who told
是你在课上告诉我们
us in class that one of the perks of teaching
教书的额外回报之一就是
is that you can cultivate young, unwitting sources.
你能够培养年轻的 无意地成为的消息源
And that's you. Yeah, I know the deal you're talking about.
那就是你 我知道你说的交易
I can't talk about it. You know, Sloan...
我没法告诉你 斯隆...
Yeah? Are you seeing anyone?
什么事 你现在有男朋友吗
Nope. Well, I can tell you it's a big deal.
没有 我可以告诉你这是桩很大的交易
You're going to be interested.
你会有兴趣的
How big? Well, I guess it's all relative.
有多大 我想这都得相对而论
Hang on a second. He's using puns.
稍等一下 他又在用双关
He's talking about sex right now.
他现在说的是做♥爱♥的事
That wasn't a pun. It was a double enten--
那不是双关 是带淫秽意味的双关
Thanks for holding.
多谢你等着
You mean the size of the deal is relative?
你是说交易的规模是相对的吗
Sure. Look, if you want to get together privately
当然了 如果你想要跟我单独聚聚
and talk about the 30 under 30 segment you mentioned...
谈谈你之前提的最杰出分♥析♥员排行榜
What's going on down there? Excuse me?
下面怎么了 抱歉
I'm gonna call you back.
我会再打给你的
Not able to get any more details at the moment,
暂时无法得知更多细节
but CNN is now retracting its earlier report
但CNN现在撤回了其之前报道的
that an arrest had been made in Boston.
关于在波士顿已经对嫌犯实施抓捕的新闻
What happened? CNN had to retract.
怎么了 CNN不得不撤回了新闻
No arrest has been made.
并未实施抓捕
Once again, our own John King...
重复一次 我台的约翰·金...
What are you doing?
你们在干什么
Worst moment in this guy's life
现在是这家伙人生中最糟糕的时刻
and you're cheering?
你们却在这欢呼
Why? Why?
为什么 为什么
Because you think if someone gets in line
因为你们觉得有人排着队
in back of you, it means the line moved?
在你身后 就意味着队伍前进了吗
We still blew Genoa.
我们还是搞砸了热那亚的报道
The line didn't move.
队伍并没有前进
And if there's anyone in the world... That's right.
如果这世上有谁 没错
...who should be able to
现在应该
empathize with CNN right now, you would think...
同情CNN 你们应该想着...
Wouldn't you? ...that it would be the people in this room.
你不会吗 应该是在这屋子里的人
Empathy. He got knocked down.
同情 他被击倒了
You didn't get taller.
你们没有变得更高大
Sorry, Charlie. Sorry.
抱歉 查理 抱歉
Dodged a fucking bullet there. No kidding.
子弹擦身而过 可不是闹得
The MSG is where the flavor comes from.
味精就是这味道的源泉
The Chinese are a people
中国人
who have been around for billions of years.
已经存在了数十亿年
剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表