剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表
What? This can't be happening.
怎么了 怎么会这样
I don't know what you're looking at.
我看不懂这些东西
Options on Halifax just started trading up.
哈利法克斯的期权交易额开始上涨
The Halifax Group. Halifax Group options
哈利法克斯公♥司♥ 哈利法克斯公♥司♥的期权...
fuck!
妈的
She's buying Halifax.
她在收♥购♥哈利法克斯
She met-- I don't believe this.
她约... 难以置信
She met with us. She wanted them to think--
我约见了我们 她想让他们认为...
We were leverage.
我们成了她的筹码
God damn it!
你大爷的
There's no need for airports.
不需要机场
Just runways and a fence.
跑道和护栏就够了
That's a hell of a plan, Lucas.
这计划真邪乎 卢卡斯
Dude, I told you in college that
哥们 大学期间我就告诉过你
one day I was gonna buy a company out from under you.
总有一天我会买♥♥下你的一间公♥司♥
I gave you, like, 15 years' warning.
我给了你长达十五年的警告
I remember you telling me you were sleeping with my girlfriend,
我记得那时你跟我说 你睡了我女朋友
but not the second thing.
但不记得你提过这事
You were probably in shock from the first thing.
也许第一件事让你受惊过度了
Call it off! You don't have to sell us to this pretentious ponce.
不签了 不用卖♥♥给这个狂妄的娘娘腔了
Toni Dodd just got out of her board meeting
托妮·多德刚刚开完董事会
and she's gonna make a competitive offer.
她会高价收♥购♥我们
So fuck you and fuck you again, you fiber-optic yak.
所以你可以滚去死了 你个光纤小瘪三
Charlie. Charlie.
查理 查理
What Sloan's telling Charlie is that people are buying
斯隆正在告诉查理
Halifax at the current stock price with an expiration
有人在假定托妮将收♥购♥哈利法克斯的前提下
on the assumption that Toni's about to announce she's buying it.
以当前股价在限期内购买♥♥其股权
It was leverage, Charlie.
你们只是筹码 查理
She wanted people to think she was looking at ACN.
她想让别人以为她在打ACN的主意
That's why she had you guys eat at that sushi place.
所以她才会选在寿司店约你们见面
She knew there was a Halifax board member there.
她知道哈利法克斯的一个董事会成员也在那里
You're gonna love me, Charlie.
你会爱死我的 查理
No, I'm not. Yeah, you are.
不 绝不会 不 你会的
I'm gonna take you into the 21st century
我会带领你走向二十一世纪
right after I drag you through the 19th and 20th.
不过我先得把你拖进十九和二十世纪
You couldn't have gotten here 10 seconds sooner?
你就不能早来十秒钟吗
I just saw it.
我也是才发现
What's the point of having a Bloomberg terminal-
要那个彭博终端有什么用...
It's not the terminal's fault.
这不是终端机的错
You want a ceremonial pen?
你要一支签合同的钢笔吗
It can write in a zero gravity environment.
它在没有重力的环境中照样可以使用
Yeah, I plan to take a trip through the ionosphere.
是啊 我正打算穿过电离层去游玩一番
Keep that sense of humor. You're very entertaining.
保持你的幽默感 你逗得我很开心
No, whoa. Come on.
不要 别这样
We're sworn enemies now, he and I.
我们现在不共戴天了 我和他
He can still hear you.
他还是能听见你说话
Did you see Charlie? After the show.
看见查理了吗 在节目之后
He was cleaning his 12-gauge
他在用美格波本威士忌
with Maker's Mark
擦他的12口径猎枪
and muttering, "kill the wabbit."
嘴里还嘟哝着 "杀了那个兔崽子"
It's not Irish stoicism, is it?
这不是什么爱尔兰式清心寡欲吧
This is some kind of internal baptism for you,
对你来说 这像是某种内心的洗礼
which would be heartbreaking enough,
本来就够心碎了
except I think maybe it's a little for me.
但现在也让我有一点伤心
Don't you know that
你难道不明白
anything that can be proven
任何能证明你的勇气和品格的事
by courage and character, you proved to me a long time ago?
很久以前你就已经证明过了吗
You want me to give up the source?
你想让我说出线人的身份
I just want you to say you're scared.
我只是想让你亲口说出你很害怕
All right, here's the thing, MacKenzie.
事情是这样的 麦肯兹
Cause I love you, but you've had me
我爱你 但是你已经让我
on your couch for three years
听你念叨了三年
and this one time we're switching places.
这一次我们要换个位子
You're tearing yourself up
你把自己逼得太紧了
because you either prioritize the story over me,
因为你要是选择报道新闻而非保护我
which you think makes you a bad person,
你就会觉得你是坏人
or you prioritize me over the story,
而要是选择保护我而放弃报道
which you think makes you a bad reporter.
你又觉得自己是个差劲的记者
Either way, you're wrong.
不管怎么想 你都是错的
The source came to Neal
线人自己找上了尼尔
and then I asked Neal for his name and then--
接着我问了尼尔他的名字 再然后
You can stop saying "his." What do you mean?
你可以不用说"他" 你说什么
His name. The source is a woman.
他的名字 线人是个女的
I've spoken to her in person twice.
我和她亲口♥交♥谈过两次
I know just as much about her as you do.
关于她的事 我知道的和你一样多
Why are you standing in front of a judge and not me?
可为什么站在法官面前接受审判的是你
Oh, God.
天呐
You can't ever repeat what you just said.
这些话你不能说第二次
Mr. McAvoy refused to comply
麦卡沃伊先生拒绝
with an order of this court.
遵守法庭命令
Title 28, Section 1826
根据美国法典
of the United States Code directs this court
第28卷第1826节
to hold a grand jury witness in contempt
如果大陪审团证人无正当理由
if he refuses the order
违抗法庭指令
and does so without just cause.
本庭可以以蔑视法庭罪起诉证人
We're here today to determine
今天我们在这里的目的是为了决定
if the witness can show just cause.
证人此举是否有正当理由
Miss Halliday, I'll hear argument for the witness.
哈里戴小姐 请代表证人发表陈述
Thank you, Your Honor. And may it please the court.
谢谢法官大人 请庭上听我陈述
Mr. McAvoy's cause exists because he is protected
麦卡沃伊先生拥有正当理由
by a Reporter's Privilege to withhold information,
因为他受记者特权的保护 可以拒绝提供信息
a privilege that's been recognized by a wide range of courts.
此特权已被很多法庭接受
If we were to apply that test here,
如果它在此处也适用的话
we would find that the information given by the reporter's source
我们会发现 记者的线人所提供的消息
poses no harm to the public
并未对公众造成任何危害
and we would weigh that
而与之相较
against the newsworthiness of the US government
是这条新闻的重要性 那就是美国政♥府♥
swift-boating a foreign election with disinformation
用虚假信息暗中操控外国政♥权♥选举
that got 38 people, including three Americans, killed.
造成三十八人死亡 其中三人是美国公民
No one disputes that this
没有人会否定
is a tragic story of unintended consequences.
这是个无心造成的悲剧
No one intended for anyone to die
没有人想让任何人死
and no one did anything illegal.
没有人做了任何违法的事情
Our intelligence professionals engage in covert operations
我们的情报人员在全世界参与隐蔽行动
all over the world to keep us safe. It's their job.
以保证我们的安全 这是他们的工作
It's how we won World War II.
这是我们赢得二战的原因
It's how we won the Cold War.
这是我们赢得冷战的原因
It's how the Berlin Wall fell
这是柏林墙倒下的原因
and it's why more buildings
也是为什么九一一事件第二天后
didn't fall on September 12.
没有更多大楼遭到轰炸
But not only can't they do their jobs if their identities
如果他们的身份被一个无♥耻♥的政♥府♥专员暴露
are revealed by a rogue government worker,
这些人不仅无法完成自己的工作
their lives and the lives of their families
他们自己和家人的生命
will be put at great risk immediately
都有可能在不知道的情况下
and perhaps without even their knowledge.
立刻受到极大的威胁
Judge, when they do their jobs recklessly,
法官大人 当他们做事不计后果时
the public has a right to know.
公众有知情权
And how does someone who isn't an experienced professional
那么一个没有经过专业情报训练的
in the clandestine services presume to know
秘密机构成员 又怎么会知道
when one of our agents is doing their job well?
我们的特工是否出色完成任务呢
In this case, we can put a stethoscope on the 38 bodies.
我们把听诊器放在那三十八具尸体上就知道了
The court is sufficiently
法庭充分相信
convinced of the news value of this story.
此新闻的重要性
Mr. Lasenthal, please speak to any harm it poses.
拉森索尔先生 请陈述报道此新闻造成的危害
Judge, someone with a high level of security clearance
法官大人 某个拥有高等安全级别的人
has committed an act of espionage.
已经犯下了间谍罪
That fact is not in dispute.
这个事实不容争辩
This person is still inside the government,
此人仍在政♥府♥系统里
still has access to classified materials.
仍然有权限接触到机密文件
This person must be apprehended.
此人必须被逮捕
剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表