剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表
Bring it. I love spending time with you.
说出来 我喜欢和你待一起
Oh! Oh, man. Wait.
天啊 等等
I can't believe I'm getting Don Keefer'd.
没想到你却以毒攻毒
You're not. I would never Don Keefer you.
不 我永远不会以毒攻毒
We're a couple. Totally. Of course we're a couple.
我们是情侣 我们当然是情侣
Let me remind you, I was the
提醒你一下
one who had a problem with you trading Chipotle.
是我对你买♥♥Chipotle股票有意见
Why? Because we're a couple.
为什么 因为我们是情侣
You're the one buying up Chipotle hither and yon as if,
你买♥♥了Chipotle股票之后却说
"Duh, look, I don't produce a financial show."
听着 我又不做经济节目
See what I mean?
明白我意思了
Okay.
好吧
Got to slide me a waffle, man.
给我个华夫饼 伙计
I'll address that aggressive behavior in just a moment.
我马上回♥回♥应这次攻击性行为
He looked up, you see?
他抬头了 你知道吗
He saw that the pitcher wasn't covering first base,
他看出投手不能防守一垒
which is what the pitcher is supposed to do on a ground ball to first.
而当出现滚地球时 投手应该防守一垒
They've known that since Little League.
他们在打小联盟时就知道了
He looked up, and you can see it on the replay.
他抬头了 你可以在回放里看到
He looks up because he knew the pitcher wasn't covering the bag
他抬头是因为知道投手没在防守一垒
and he needed to gauge his position relative to the base.
而他则需要判断自己距离垒有多远
What happens when you take your eye off the ball?
眼睛不看球会发生什么
God, Jim, what in the name of sweet Christ are you talking about?
天啊吉姆 你到底在说什么啊
Bill Buckner. Is this the best time, babe?
比利·巴克纳 现在合适吗 亲爱的
I thought it might be a welcome distraction.
我以为能帮你分分心
It's an unwelcome annoyance.
你简直烦死我了
I knew going in that was a possibility.
我一张嘴就知道有可能会这样
Buckner needs to be exonerated.
我们不应该指责巴克纳
You make one mistake and ev--
你犯了一个错误之后
CNN represents
CNN只占
a small fraction of Time Warner's revenue.
时代华纳收入的一小部分
"NBC Nightly News" a small fraction of Comcast.
《NBC晚间新闻》是康卡斯特的一小部分
And ACN an even smaller fraction of Atlantis.
ACN在亚特兰蒂斯占的份额更小
But they are the face and voice of their parent corporations.
但他们是母公♥司♥的脸面和喉舌
So what? So what?
那又怎样 那又怎样
Yes.
是的
That's a fair question.
这是个好问题
I think you're making good headway.
我觉得你进展不错
As an experienced negotiator Reese Lansing.
作为富有经验的谈判家 里斯·兰辛
As the President of a news network,
我作为新闻电视网的主席
all I do every day is fight with him.
每天都和他吵架
All I do every day is fight with Leona.
每天都和莉安娜吵架
And the thing of it is this--
而且结果是
I win almost every one of those battles.
我几乎每一次都赢了
What network president can say that about their corporate parent?
哪家电视网的主席敢对母公♥司♥这么做
I win almost every one of those battles
我几乎每次都吵赢了
and the reason is most of the time they let me.
是因为大部分时间他们让我赢的
Your father absolutely did not think you were an asshole.
你父亲绝对没把你当成混♥蛋♥
They want ACN to do the news well.
他们希望ACN能做出好新闻
And we're not always successful at it,
虽然我们不能每次都成功
but that's what we try to do, and they let me win
但我们在努力 他们让我赢
because they just want us to play our role.
是因为他们想让我们做好本职工作
As a public service.
为了服务公众
As a patriotic sacrifice.
为爱国做出牺牲
As a moral imperative,
为了道德准则
they do not require ACN to make money.
他们不要求ACN挣钱
Why? Because they can afford it.
为什么 因为他们承担得起
Charlie. Isn't that something you want to be a part of
查理 难道你们不想参与其中
and not something you want to end?
而不是把它终结吗
Don't you want to be handed the baton?
你们不想握上接力棒吗
We want to strike out on our own.
我们打算闯出自己的天地
Be entrepreneurs. Maybe get into Bitcoin.
做企业家 也许考虑比特币
Shut the fuck up, Randy.
给我闭嘴吧 兰迪
Go deal with it.
去处理
This is so fucked up, I don't even know where to begin.
这事太糟了 我都不知道从哪着手
Yeah. Jesus Christ!
是的 我的老天爷啊
She understands it's fucked up.
她明白她搞砸了
The RNC wants a public apology
共和党全国委员会要求公开道歉
or we can't book Republicans on any show.
否则任何共和党人都不会接受参与节目的邀请
An entire political party. They deserve a public apology.
一整个政党 是该公开道歉
It's almost six months to the day since our last public apology.
距我们上次公开道歉还不到六个月
There is no question that your anger is founded.
毫无疑问 您有理由生气
I wasn't questioning it, Jim.
我本来也没疑问 吉姆
I'm not on the fence about whether I should be angry.
我没怀疑过我是否该生气
I'd like to say the following in Hallie's defense.
我要为哈莉说几句
Like everybody, she was incredibly tired last night--
和大家一样 她昨晚非常疲倦
That's just lame.
毫无说服力
This wasn't something she would normally do.
她平时不会这么做
She deleted it. She knew it was wrong.
她删掉了 她知道这是错的
Are you two together?
你俩是一对吗
We met on the Romney campaign.
我们报道罗姆尼竞选时认识的
But that is not why she got the job.
这不是她得到工作的原因
She has done great work for ACN Digital.
她为ACN在线写了不少好文章
Read her last 10 columns, look at her--
读读她最近十篇专栏 看看她
I don't care if she wrote the collective works of Tolstoy.
她写了托尔斯泰全集我也不在乎
She also wrote this.
她也写了这个
I'm not gonna make you fire her.
我不会让你开除她
Thank you. No, I'm sorry.
谢谢 不 先别急
I meant I'm going to do it.
我是说我要开除她
If your mind is made up--
如果您已经下了决心
I don't get to make up my own mind now.
现在轮不到我自己下决心
The RNC is doing it for me.
共和党全国委员会替我下了
If your mind is made up, then it's my job to fire her.
如果您下了决心 就该由我开除她
What?
干什么
Excuse me. Sorry. I think this is about me.
不好意思 我想你们在说我
Come in.
进来
We haven't really met. I'm Charlie Skinner.
我们还没正式介绍过 我是查理·斯金纳
I know. Republicans are rejoicing?
我知道 -共和党感到欣喜
You know 144 people got blown up, right?
你知道144个人被炸了吧
And that three of those people are dead.
这其中三个人被炸死
And that one of them is eight years fucking old.
还有一个是他妈才8岁的孩子
Yes, sir.
我知道
I'm so curious, I have to ask.
我实在好奇 不得不问
At the time when you typed it,
你打这些字的时候
in that moment, what were you thinking the value of it was?
就那一刻 你觉得它的价值是什么
Retweets.
转发
I appreciate your honesty.
感谢你的诚实
You should know Jim did everything he could for you.
吉姆已经尽力帮你说话了
We'll say it was a low-level staffer and they were fired,
我们会说这是个低级职员的过错 已被开除
but we won't reveal your name.
不会透露你的名字
Thank you. That's all.
谢谢 就这样吧
Can I...? Yeah.
我能uf8f5 去吧
You're a reporter?
你是个记者
I'm sorry?
什么
You're a reporter?
你是个记者吗
A news producer. ACN.
ACN的新闻制片人
You were in Boston for the bombing?
你去波士顿报道爆♥炸♥案吗
I was there for the race.
我是去跑马拉松的
You're okay?
你没事吧
I finished about a half hour before the explosion.
我在爆♥炸♥前半个小时跑完的
Good thing you're fast.
幸好你跑得快
Um, before, with that guy from the EPA,
之前 和那个环保署的人
you were on solid ground.
你的做法无可厚非
In Massachusetts it's illegal
在麻省不经双方同意
to record anybody without two-party consent.
就录音是违法的
But two things. One, you are protected by the First Amendment.
但有这么两点 第一你受第一修正案的保护
And two, you were in Connecticut at the time.
第二你当时在康涅狄格州境内
Yeah.
是
I think I was okay journalistically,
我知道从新闻工作者的角度没问题
and I'm pretty sure I was okay legally.
法律上应该也没问题
剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表