剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表
Sure. Billy.
好的 比利
What? Listen to me.
干吗 听我说
I am. We're doing this because we have to.
听着呢 咱们必须得这么做
All right, me and you. You want to go?
好啊 就咱俩 来吗
You already know you're gonna lose. Take the first swing.
你肯定会输 让你先来好了
The possibility that reporters are gonna make bad behavior public
正因为记者可能会将不法行为公之于众
is what stops people from behaving badly.
人们才会停止做出违法乱纪的事
The possibility of jail is
阻止违法乱纪的事
supposed to be what makes people stop behaving badly.
应该是监狱应该做的事
Well, it hasn't 'cause they're
但是那没有用
still doing it and they're gonna keep doing it.
因为人们仍然在违法乱纪 不知悔改
A PR company killed 38 people.
一家公♥关♥公♥司♥已经导致38人丧命
We do nothing,
如果我们袖手旁观
and the 39th is on us.
那第39名被害人就该算在我们头上
Game over. Let's make the phone call.
游戏结束 打电♥话♥吧
Not so fast.
没这么快呢
And it'll just mean everybody gets what they want,
这就意味着每个人都能得其所愿
which is a rudderless EPA.
也就是一个无人领导的环保署
I can't do what Congress will never do,
控制气候污染这事国会做不到
which is regulate climate pollution.
我更做不到
It's why so many Democrats think he's jaw-droppingly weak.
所以这么多民♥主♥党人都觉得他是惊人的软弱
Yeah. All right. Yeah.
嗯 好的 好
Excuse me, Mr. Westbrook? Yeah?
抱歉 维斯布鲁克先生吗 对
Do we know each other?
我们俩认识吗
You're Richard Westbrook,
你是理查德·维斯布鲁克
Deputy Assistant Administrator of the EPA?
环保署的副行政助理
I am. I heard your end of the call.
是我 我听你打完电♥话♥了
You did? Yes.
是吗 对
I have more bad news.
我有更多的坏消息
I'm a producer with ACN. Maggie Jordan.
我是ACN的制片人 玛姬·乔丹
How much of the call did you hear?
你听见了多少电♥话♥内容
I heard you say that the president's pick
我听到你说总统选择的
to run the EPA will never get a vote,
环保署领导人绝对不会通过投票
that the EPA is a toothless agency...
环保署也是个无关痛痒的组织
Jesus. ...and that the president's jawdroppingly weak.
天哪 你还说总统惊人的软弱
No, I said Democrats
不 我说的是民♥主♥党人
think the president's jaw-droppingly weak.
认为总统惊人的软弱
Wait. That's not better.
等等 这样说更不好了
I was wondering if you'd like to comment further.
我想知道您愿不愿意就此做进一步评论
This car is half empty.
这个车厢有一半都是空的
I looked around.
我还四处看了看
I didn't see anyone near me
我根本没看到我附近有任何人
except that guy with the headphones.
除了那个带耳机的家伙
I was sitting right here. Why didn't I see you?
我就坐在那 我怎么没看见你
I may have slid down in my seat.
我可能滑到座位下面了
What did you say your name was? Maggie Jordan.
你说你叫什么来着 玛姬·乔丹
Well, that sucks, Maggie Jordan.
太糟了 玛姬·乔丹
You're on a train, Richard.
理查德 你在火车上
You don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy.
就别期望能有什么隐私了
What's more, you were talking to another reporter.
而且 你刚是在和另一个记者在交谈
I was talking to a reporter I know and trust.
我在和一个我认识并且信任的记者交谈
And I was off the record.
而且是非正式的
You were off the record to him, not to me.
你对他来说是非正式的 对我不是
You were hiding like-- -
你刚才在躲着
Why not make the call from between the cars?
为什么不到车厢间隙打电♥话♥
It's too loud! Why not wait till we get back to New York?
噪音太大 为什么不到纽约后再打
Because this guy's on deadline now
因为他到截稿日期了
and I wanted to give him background on a story
而我想给他一则新闻的背景
that will hopefully put pressure on--
并希望这则新闻能施压于uf8f5
Look, I work at the EPA, okay?
我在环保署工作
We're staffed by seven people and a high school intern.
我们只有七个员工和一名高中实习生
We don't care who's in the White House.
我们不关心白宫里是谁在掌权
We are pro drinkable water and breathable air.
我们在饮用水和可呼吸的空气方面是专家
We are anti the world coming to an end.
我们阻止这个世界走向覆灭
But you're also public officials and what you have to say
但你也是公务员 所以你说的关于
about how a president's overseeing your agency is relevant.
总统监管你的机构这些话就变得有意义
My job Your job? Your job.
我的职责 你的职责 职责
If I hear one more gossip columnist
如果我再听到八卦专栏作家
use democracy as a fig leaf,
把民♥主♥作为遮羞布
I'm gonna eat an IBM Selectric.
我就生吞一台IBM电动打字机
It's an oldfashioned I know what an IBM Selectric is.
那是个老式的 我知道那是什么
And I should tell you you've been on the record this whole time.
我还告诉你 你说这么多都是公开的
How? You didn't say
怎么会这样 你没说
I didn't say I was off the record.
我没说这是非公开的
I didn't call time-out. I took my foot off the base.
我没说暂停 我不小心犯了个错
Look, Richard, there's news happening right in front of me.
理查德 新闻事件正发生在我眼前
It's my job Don't.
这是我的职责 别这么说
It's my responsibility, okay, to report it.
报道它是我的职责
Yeah, but you're not interested in the news part of the news.
好吧 但你感兴趣的并不是新闻本身
I'd be happy to give you
我很乐意告知你
an interview about the news part of the news.
这个新闻本身是关于什么的
You like the unguarded moments,
但你喜欢的是疏忽的时刻
private behavior that can never stand up to public scrutiny.
喜欢的是无法承受公众监督的私人行为
But you didn't tell the truth until you were off the record
但如果你和电♥话♥那头的记者
with the guy on the other end of the phone.
不提前说好 你也不会说出真♥相♥
The unguarded moments are where the truth is.
真♥相♥就存在于这些疏忽的时刻
I don't care. I get to be guarded if I want.
我不管 我想变得谨慎就谨慎
And you were slumped down in a chair.
你还说自己滑到座位下面了
How honest was that?
骗谁呢
Yeah.
好吧
You're right.
你说的对
What? You're right.
什么 你说的对
What do you mean? That part was wrong.
什么意思 我做的不对
Is this a trick?
在骗我吗
No.
不是
I'm deleting my notes. I apologize, Richard.
我这就删除笔记 抱歉 理查德
And good luck. Here's my card
祝你好运 如果你想公开的和我交谈
if you ever want to talk on the record,
这是我的名片
which I strongly encourage you to do.
但我很希望你能和我交谈
Enjoy the rest of your trip.
祝你接下来的行程愉快
I don't understand what's happening now.
我不知道现在是怎么回事
Crab claw. Keep it low.
蟹爪 低一点给我
It says here in the ACN employee's guide,
ACN的员工手册中
which has some interesting
有一些有趣的内容
information I definitely should have read
我下次跟吉姆 尼尔 或者办公室里
before drinking beer with Jim,
某个大学小子一起喝啤酒时
Neal, and some college kids in my office,
一定要读一读
that we'd only be in trouble
但我们俩有麻烦的前提是
if I was a producer of financial news.
我是财经新闻的制片人
I'm not. I produce the 10:00 hour,
我不是 我是十点档新闻的制片人
which you occasionally host.
你只是偶尔去主持
Keep reading. Employees are barred from,
继续读 员工们禁止
blah, blah, blah, blah.
神马 神马 神马
In accordance with the SEC, blah, blah.
根据证券交易委员会 神马神马
Married, engaged to be married,
结婚或订婚
cohabitating or in what could reasonably be considered
或同居 或以任何可被合理推断为
a relationship where the two parties--
恋爱关系的形式 其中的两方
The SEC will notice a pattern in your trading.
证券交易委员会注意到你交易中的模式
That you appear to be front-running news for ACN.
认为你在ACN播新闻前有预先交易
And they will connect you to me.
而且他们会因为你而联♥系♥到我
And even if they don't We're a couple?
而且即便他们 我们是情侣
You consider us a couple?
你觉得我们俩是情侣吗
I don't understand that question.
我不理解你这个问题
Yeah, you do,
你肯定理解
'cause this is exactly how I act in the same situation.
因为换作是我 我跟你的反应一样
Suddenly I pretend I'm stupid and hearing impaired.
突然开始装聋作哑 装疯卖♥♥傻
Do you consider us a couple? Do you consider us a couple?
你认为我们是情侣吗 你认为我们是情侣吗
I do that, too, Socrates. We are...
我也会反问对方 苏格拉底 我们是
Yep. Okay, let me say...
说吧 好 我想说
Go ahead. Here's what we are.
继续 我们是这样的
剧集 | 新闻编辑室(2012) | 导航列表