剧集 | 最危险的动物(2020) | 导航列表
我爸爸一家来自南卡罗来纳州
My father's family was from South Carolina,
所以我开始在南卡罗莱纳州寻找叫贝斯特的人
so I began searching for anyone named "Best" In South Carolina.
我打了一个电♥话♥
And I called up this one number,
就这样 我中了头奖
and with that, I hit a gold mine.
海蒂·贝斯特·波克
小厄尔·范贝斯特
Earl Van Best Jr.
这是加里的父亲
This is Gary's father.
海蒂是贝斯特家族历史学家和家谱学家
Hattie is the Best family historian and genealogist.
这是加里的爷爷
This is Gary's grandfather,
拍照时他还很年轻
um, when he was much younger.
这张是他在海军服役时的照片
This is a picture of him when he was in the navy.
厄尔·范多恩·贝斯特
Earl Van Dorn Best
海蒂·贝斯特·波克
贝斯特家族历史学家
在二战时入伍
enlisted in the Second World War
他作为传教士被派往日本
as a missionary to Japan.
在他服役的时候
While he was away in the service,
他的婚姻出现了问题
he had the problem with his marriage.
厄尔·范贝斯特牧师与夫人
派往日本的循道宗传教士
国内地址 南卡罗来纳州凯兹市
国外地址 日本东京涉谷区青山学院
格特鲁德不忠诚
Gertrude was unfaithful.
她有过很多男朋友
She had many boyfriends.
海蒂告诉我
Hattie tells me
我爷爷从战争中归来后
when my grandfather returned from the war,
他们离婚了 他移居去了芝加哥
they divorced, and he moved to Chicago.
所以我父亲算是被他父亲抛弃了
So, my father was basically abandoned by his father
他在旧金山由他作风放荡的母亲一手带大
and was raised by his promiscuous mother in San Francisco.
对于一个小孩的成长来说
It was not a very good atmosphere
这样的家庭气氛不太好
for a young child to grow up in,
我认为这样的环境对范产生了深远影响
and I think that it had a profound effect on Van.
影响了他的整体性格
It affected his whole personality.
在我调查期间
During my search,
威廉·洛莫斯
我还找到了我父亲最好的朋友
I would also find my father's best friend,
据他所说
and, as he tells it,
他可能也是他唯一的朋友
likely his only friend.
威廉·洛莫斯
William Lohmus was
在我了解我的父亲时
the single most valuable source of information
为我提供了很多
in learning things about my father
独一无二的宝贵信息
that I otherwise would've never known.
威廉·洛莫斯和我父亲
William Lohmus and my father
一起上过洛厄尔中学
attended Lowell High School together,
他们还一起参加过预备役军官训练营
and they were in the ROTC together,
小厄尔·范贝斯特
但他们之后的路截然不同
and they walked to a different beat.
他们都喜欢巴♥赫♥ 莫扎特和普契尼
They loved Bach and Mozart and Puccini.
威廉·洛莫斯
威廉还记得
And William recalls
范的家庭生活很痛苦
a very uncomfortable home life for Van.
苏珊·本杰明 加布里埃尔·柏林纳
他经常能清晰地听到
He shared firsthand
我奶奶在取悦她的男性追求者时
of hearing the headboard banging against the wall upstairs
楼上♥床♥板撞击墙壁的声音
while my grandmother was entertaining her male suitors.
高中毕业后
After high school,
我父亲进入旧金山城市学院
my father enrolled in San Francisco City College,
攻读法医学
and studied forensics.
在城市学院 我父亲遇到了他第一任妻子
It was at City College where my father met his first wife.
婚姻登记证书
在1957年
In 1957,
我父亲与玛丽·安妮特·普莱尔结婚
my father married Mary Annette Player.
玛丽·安妮特·贝斯特 原告
厄尔·范贝斯特 被告
这段婚姻持续了一年
That marriage lasted a year.
她被准许同我父亲离婚
She was granted a divorce from my father
因为她遭到了极端残忍♥
on the grounds of extreme cruelty
及非人的虐待
and inhuman treatment.
残忍♥及非人的虐待
这是我仅有的一张
This is the only picture that I have
加里父亲的照片
of Gary's father,
是他的罪案存档照
and it's his mugshot.
你能看出
And you can tell
他的性格很不同寻常
that it's a different kind of personality.
这人就是哪里有毛病
Something's not right with this guy.
哈罗德·巴特勒
哈罗德·巴特勒把我父亲的这张照片给我时
When Harold Butler gave me this photo of my father,
扎克说出的第一句话就是
the first thing out of Zach's mouth was, like,
"他看上去像个连环杀手 爸爸"
"He looks like a serial killer, Dad."
扎克才十岁 你就会想
You know, Zach's 10 years old, and you're thinking,
"他懂什么连环杀手呢"
"What does he know about a serial killer?"
我是说
I mean...
这太吓人了
that's scary.
看 你看出他俩长得像了吗
See... Do you see the resemblance?
2003年 从巴特勒那收到
Shortly after receiving the photo of my father
我父亲的照片后不久
from Butler in 2003,
我在家看电视
I was home watching TV,
放的是一档讲陈年悬案的节目
when an old Cold Case Files show came on.
节目放出了一张十二宫杀手的通缉画像
They flashed a wanted sketch of the Zodiac Killer,
我的心脏都停跳了
and my heart stopped.
那感觉就像
It's like if someone
有人拍了一张我父亲的照片
had taken a snapshot of my father
贴在了通缉令上
and put it on that wanted poster.
通缉
我发出了一种
I let out some sort of
非常陌生诡异的叫喊
extraterrestrial noise or something
血迹 男性受害人躺在此处 子弹头
隔壁的扎克都听到了
that Zach heard in the next room.
他情绪很激动
He was very, very emotional,
然后就完全陷入了混乱
and it was a chaotic series of moments after that where,
扎克·斯图尔特
加里的儿子
我爸爸在办公室和客厅之间
you know, my dad's running back and forth,
来来回♥回♥
between his office and the living room,
想找一张合适的图片作比较
trying to find just the right picture to compare.
突然 我顿悟到
That was the epiphany for me.
我父亲可能是黄道十二宫杀手
That my father may have been the Zodiac Killer,
这就是巴特勒瞒着我的秘密
and this was the secret Butler was keeping from me.
这对我来说太荒谬了 所以我说
It was so preposterous to me, and so I said,
"我给警♥察♥局的朋友打个电♥话♥
"Let's call my friends in the police department.
让他们来告诉你
"Let's let them tell you that
这不可能是真的"
this couldn't possibly be true."
哈罗德·巴特勒安慰我母亲说
Harold Butler reassured my mother that,
"这不可能 朱蒂
"Oh no, Judy.
告诉加里 我们知道谁是黄道十二宫杀手
"Tell Gary that we know who the Zodiac Killer was.
他已经去世十年了
"He's been dead for 10 years.
我们知道他的身份是因为他的基因
We know who he was because of his DNA.
我们有他的基因"
We got his DNA."
但是我做了研究
But I had done my research,
我知道旧金山警♥察♥局一直没有解开
and I knew that the SFPD had never solved
黄道十二宫杀手 他声称已经杀了七人
黄道十二宫的案子
the Zodiac case.
那时我才明白
And that's when I learned
黄道十二宫杀手 他声称已经杀了七人
为什么朱蒂在旧金山警♥察♥局有朋友
why Judy had friends in the SFPD.
我发现我母亲的第二任丈夫
I found out that my mother's second husband
是罗特亚·吉尔福德
was Rotea Gilford,
旧金山警♥察♥局的
a homicide inspector
一名凶杀案警探
with the San Francisco Police Department.
罗特亚是洛杉矶警♥察♥局的一名英雄
Rotea was a hero in the SFPD.
他也是负责黄道十二宫案件的警探之一
He was also one of the inspectors on the Zodiac case.
那时我开始怀疑旧金山警♥察♥局
That's when I begin to wonder if the SFPD
其实是想为罗特亚打掩护
might've been trying to cover up for Rotea.
我不相信哈罗德·巴特勒
I don't believe Harold Butler
是在保护我
was doing anything to try to protect me.
我认为他是在保护罗特亚的遗产
I believe he was trying to protect Rotea's legacy
罗特亚·吉尔福德
以及旧金山警♥察♥局的声誉
and the reputation of the San Francisco Police Department.
这世上有这么多人 我的母亲怎么就
Of all people that my mother could've married,
偏偏选了他
what is the likelihood
让她能告诉我
that one day, my mother tells me,
"亲爱的 我的第二任丈夫
剧集 | 最危险的动物(2020) | 导航列表