剧集 | 最危险的动物(2020) | 导航列表
她说她不记得
She claims she doesn't remember,
这样她就不必面对她的所作所为
so that she doesn't have to face what she did.
随后我收到了一封信
And then I received a letter that indicated
表示朱蒂知道的远不止表现的那样
that Jude knew much more than she had let on.
她联♥系♥了路易斯安那州的
She had contacted some people in Louisiana
一些从事帮助亲生父母
that were in the business of helping
找到自己的孩子的工作的人员
birth parents find their children.
我母亲写了一封信 明确说明
My mother had written a letter and stated specifically,
"我的丈夫叫厄尔·范贝斯特"
"My husband's name was Earl Van Best Jr."
厄尔·范贝斯特
但是最令人不安的是 她说
But the most disturbing thing was she said,
"加里的身世
"Gary's story...
非常有新闻价值"
would be newsworthy."
这让我心中一惊
That makes your heart stop.
什么会有新闻价值
What was newsworthy?
为你祈祷 工作顺利
朱蒂
在那个时候
So, at that point,
我非常清楚
it was very clear to me that
我的母亲没有跟我说实话
my mother wasn't being completely truthful with me.
他不相信我不记得了
He didn't believe that I didn't remember,
但我绝对是想帮助加里的
but I definitely wanted to help Gary.
于是我联♥系♥了我的朋友
And so, I called my friend,
在旧金山警♥察♥局工作的哈罗德·巴特勒
Harold Butler in the San Francisco Police Department.
哈罗德·巴特勒告诉了我生父的姓名
Harold Butler gave me my father's name,
出生日期 出生地 社保号♥
date of birth, place of birth, social security number.
所以我就拿去社保局询问
So, I took that information to the social security office,
他们告诉我没有人认领
and they informed me that no death benefits
我父亲的死亡抚恤金
had been paid on behalf of my father.
这给了我一丝希望
So, that gave me hope
说明我的父亲还健在
that my father was still alive.
哈罗德·巴特勒还给了我一张
Harold Butler also gave me what he said
他称是我父亲的老驾照证件照
was an old DMV photo of my father.
小厄尔·范贝斯特
我第一眼看到我父亲的照片时
When I first saw the photo of my father,
感到非常震惊
I was shocked.
我的父亲在那里一动不动
My father was still and lifeless.
我产生了一种不可名状的恐惧感
I felt the most indescribable sense of fear.
但我一定要找到他
But, I just had to find my father,
任何事都不会阻挡我找到他的决心
and nothing was gonna stop me from finding him.
在我的请求下
At my request,
我母亲又找到了哈罗德·巴特勒
my mother went back to Harold Butler,
想了解更多信息
asking for more information.
哈罗德·巴特勒告诉我母亲
Harold Butler told my mother,
"让加里放弃吧
"Just tell Gary to drop it.
加里的父亲后来所作所为
"What Gary's father went on to do later in life
会让他对你和加里做过的事
would make what his father did to you and Gary
都显得微不足道"
seem inconsequential."
加里没有从警方那里
Gary is not getting the answers
得到他想要的答复
that he wanted from the police.
所以我建议我们一起去旧金山图书馆
So, I suggested that we go to the San Francisco Library
寻找相关的新闻报道
and look for newspaper articles.
一定会有所发现
There must be something.
我开始搜寻在1961至1963年期间
I began searching the contents of every newspaper
每份报纸里的内容
from 1961 to 1963.
只要是描述范和朱蒂的禁忌之恋
The articles detailing Van and Judy's illicit romance
以及他们逃亡生活的文章
and life on the run appeared one after the other.
少女新娘
坎坷的爱情
十四岁的新娘 以及她圣代般的爱
"她就出现在我眼前 甜美可人
"She was there... beautiful and sweet."
我们便开始交谈 一见钟情"
"We just started to talk and it was love at first sight."
我父亲第一次见到我母亲的时候
My father met my mother for the first time
她正好从校车上下来
as she was getting off of a school bus.
他27岁 而她只有14岁
He was 27, and she was just 14.
有些人说我妈妈看起来年龄更大一点
Some people have said that my mother looked older.
她可能过了19或者20岁
She could've passed for 19 or 20.
但她当时正从一辆校车上下来
But she was getting off of a school bus.
我记得有个男人站在那里
I remember there was a man standing there,
然后他跟我搭讪
and he spoke to me,
我记得我回话了
and I spoke to him, I guess.
我转身离开走回家
And then I was walking away to go home,
他跟在我身后
and he was behind me.
第二天 他又出现在那里
And the next day, he was there again.
一开始 我觉得我不太关心
I don't think I was interested at the beginning,
但是那个男人一直出现
but the guy just kept showing up.
他邀请她去一家冰激凌店
He invited her into an ice cream shop,
那儿便是浪漫故事的开端
and that's where the romance began.
他很聪明
He was intelligent,
谈吐得体
well-spoken.
他渊博的知识打动了我
I was impressed with all he knew.
我记得我们一起去格雷斯大教堂
I remember going to Grace Cathedral,
他很喜欢
and he had a connection
那个美丽的地方
to that beautiful place.
她将他描绘成一个见多识广的人
She described him as being cosmopolitan.
他是个有造诣的音乐家
He was quite an accomplished musician,
热爱古典音乐
and had a love of classical music.
他谈起
He talked about
我们未来可以做的事
the possibilities for us.
旅行 观赏我从没看过的景象
Traveling, seeing things that I had not seen before.
所以 他的提议对我来说很有吸引力
So, what he was offering was attractive to me.
我爸爸游历过世界
My father had seen so much of the world,
但我妈妈一直住在旧金山
and she had only seen San Francisco.
她大概在为她不完美的家庭生活
And she was probably looking for an out
寻找一条出路
from her less-than-perfect home life.
我们的爸爸脾气很火爆
Our father was very quick-tempered.
他用皮带揍我们
He'd beat us with a leather belt.
随着我们长大
And as we got older,
他换成用皮带扣那一端揍我们
that changed to the buckle end of the leather belt.
我们会在浴室里哭着
And we wiped the blood off of each other
擦去对方身上的血迹
in the bathroom, crying.
那时候实在是太可怕了
It was just a terrible situation to live in.
所以 当这个人出现的时候
And so, when this guy showed up,
我想
then I thought, you know,
我还有什么能失去的呢
what have I got to lose?
但实际上是跳出油锅
But, it was really jumping out of the frying pan,
又入火坑 而我那时不知道
into the fire, and I had no idea.
我们在1962年的一月一同私奔
We ran away together in January of 1962.
于是他们相遇后
So, they run off to Reno,
仅仅三个月就跑去了雷诺
and just three months after they met,
结婚证书
他们结婚了
they're married.
当时我觉得我爱他
I thought at the time that I loved him.
我不知道他是个骗子
I didn't know he was a con man.
我们只知道
The only thing we knew was that
她失踪了 我们花了
she was gone, and we spent...
几天时间
several days...
想知道她究竟去了哪里
wondering where she was.
结婚之后
So, after they're married,
他们回到了旧金山
they return to San Francisco.
在情人节那天
And on Valentine's Day,
结婚证
我的外婆想办法取消了他们的婚姻
my grandmother actually had their marriage annulled.
仅仅一周后
And just a week later,
她找人逮捕了我父亲
she had my father arrested.
旧金山监狱
不久之后 他被保释了
Soon after, he posted bail,
我妈妈被送进了少管所
and my mother was sent to juvenile hall.
因为她住在二楼
And because she was on the second floor,
我爸爸让我妈妈用她的床单
my father told my mother to make a rope
做一条绳索
out of her bed sheets,
把绳索从墙上放下来
and shimmy on down the wall.
然后他们逃走了
And they took off.
为爱私奔
范贝斯特说"我们见到对方的那一刻起
"...as soon as we saw each other we knew things were just the same.
我们就知道我们都深深爱上了彼此
剧集 | 最危险的动物(2020) | 导航列表