剧集 | 最危险的动物(2020) | 导航列表
违法日期 1977年3月21日
违法行为 醉驾
醉驾两次被捕
two more times for drunk driving charges
违法日期 1977年6月24日
嫌犯姓名 厄尔·范贝斯特
违法行为 醉驾
那之后 他又消失了
and after that, he disappeared again.
旧金山
但我找到一位我祖父的朋友
But I found a friend of my grandfather
他告诉了我父亲的经历
who told me what had happened to my father.
他在一封信中说道
It was in a letter from him where he said,
很遗憾地通知你
I'm sorry to have to inform you that
你父亲已经过世了
your father... is deceased.
他死于1984年
He died in 1984,
葬在墨西哥城一座没有墓碑的墓穴中
and he's buried in an unmarked grave in Mexico City.
我花了太多年去寻找我父亲
I had spent so many years trying to find my father
希望他还活着
and hoping to find him alive that...
我想去看看他的墓 因为我需要做个了断
I wanted to go visit his grave because I needed that closure.
我
I, I had...
我心里有话
I had some things on my heart
我必须得说出来
that I needed to say.
墨西哥城有不止一个墓地
Mexico City has more than one cemetery,
美国公民境外死亡报告
美国大使♥馆♥ 墨西哥城 墨西哥 1984年8月14日
但是我找到了我父亲
but I got my father's report of death
美国公民境外死亡报告
美国大使♥馆♥ 墨西哥城 墨西哥
全名 小厄尔·范贝斯特
出生日期及地点 1934年7月14日 威尔莫 肯塔基州
美国公民证明 出生证
美国地址 榆树大道319号♥ 34号♥ 长滩【求教#34】
作为美国公民于境外死亡的报告
of an American citizen traveling abroad
上面写着他的死亡日期和埋葬地点
that listed his date of death and where he was interred.
死亡日期 五月二十日
1984年
埋葬于圣洛伦佐特宗科
以及他的死因
as well as his cause of death.
死亡原因
因胃中呕吐物涌出阻滞呼吸而造成窒息
心脏扩大以及瓣膜性主动脉狭窄
我父亲独自一人在墨西哥城因饮酒而死
My father drank himself to death all alone in Mexico City.
他被自己的呕吐物淹死
He drowned in his own vomit.
2006年 我第一次来到我父亲的墓地时
When I first visited my father's gravesite in 2006...
我还记得我那时所压抑的情绪
I remember the emotions that I had to deal with.
大部分是后悔...
A lot of it was regret...
以及内疚 因为我做得不够
and guilt because I hadn't done enough
行动不够快 没能早点找到他
soon enough to try to find him earlier.
我再也没有机会见他一面
I would never have a chance to meet him
让他知道我很好
and to let him see that I turned out okay.
我好奇 他想到过我吗
And I wonder, did he ever think about me?
在他咽下最后一口气之前 他想到过我吗
Before he took his last breath, did he ever think about me?
我重要吗
Did I ever matter?
虽然我很想知道 但是这些问题已经没有答案了
So not having those answers that I really wanted that closure...
我永远得不到答案 我真的很难过
I guess it was just really sorrowful that I would never get that.
潘通公墓
圣洛伦佐特宗科
我的父亲生前做了不少恶
My father left a proven trail of destruction,
我不是唯一的受害者
and I'm not the only victim.
在我之前有受害者
There were victims before me,
在我之后也有
and there were victims after me.
很难想象人会如此...
It just hard to imagine such...
邪恶
such evil.
我想他抛弃你
I think he did you a great favor
还算是在帮你
by abandoning you.
从某种程度而言
Truly you're lucky, in a way,
他做了这样的决定是你的幸运
that he made the decision that he made.
我的领养家庭
I was raised in a home
将宽恕当做是生活的一部分
where forgiveness was a daily part of life.
我一直努力地
and I've really struggled being raised
融入一个信奉基♥督♥教的家庭
in the Christian home that I was raised in
他们教育 传道 生活
that taught and preached and lived
并向我描述宽仁之心
and depicted forgiveness.
爱与宽恕 爱与宽恕
Love and forgiveness. Love and forgiveness.
如果你不宽恕...
You know, if you don't forgive...
你并不是在伤害
you're not hurting the person
你怨恨的那个人
that you're holding that grudge against.
你实际上禁锢了自己
You're actually holding yourself prisoner.
我宽恕他
I forgive him.
我宽恕他
I forgive him.
我希望我有机会带你到这儿来
I hoped that I'd have the chance to bring you here.
因为我想你看看...
Because I wanted you to see that...
上帝为我安排的斯图尔特家庭赐予我的爱
...the love of the Stewarts in God's plan for my life
没有将他的恶传到你身上
didn't give you this as a legacy.
我还希望你能将见证
And I wanted you to see it
你和你的父亲一起来到这里
knowing that I went there with my dad
帮助你的父亲得到内心的平静 和他的父亲告别了
and help my dad make peace and say goodbye...
因为我不会再回来
because I'm not coming back.
2014年
In 2014,
我有一段时间没见过加里了
I hadn't seen Gary in a while,
我提议见面吃个午餐
and so I proposed that we got together for lunch.
两个半小时里
For two and a half hours,
我们相处得很愉快
we had an amazingly wonderful time.
谈天谈地
We talked about everything.
之后就各自离开了
And then we went our separate ways
离开后的不久
and it was shortly after that
我才知道了这本书
that I found out about the book.
书的名字叫
The book is called
《世上最危险的动物:寻找父亲》
The Most Dangerous Animal Of All: Searching For My Father...
2014年5月
In May of 2014,
《史上最危险的动物》出版了
The Most Dangerous Animal Of All was published.
《史上最危险的动物》
当你活了39年
When you've lived 39 years,
往事却突然重现
all of a sudden your past comes back,
2002年6月1日 与我母亲的第一次见面
如同晴天霹雳
and it comes back in a whirlwind.
那本书出版之后
Until that book was published,
我才得知它的存在
I didn't know it was being published.
《人物周刊》想要采访我时
I found out because People magazine wanted
我才知道这件事
to do an interview with me.
震惊:我的父亲是十二宫杀手
他们要为这本书写一篇报道
They were doing a story about the book.
我的父亲 十二宫杀手
这么重大的消息 为什么他没有
How could it happen that such an important thing
在我们见面时提起呢
didn't come up when we were together.
我真的大吃一惊
I couldn't have been more surprised.
我立刻就收到了我母亲的短♥信♥
Immediately, I got a text message from my mother.
天堂与奴隶
用火 用枪 用刀 用绳
"震惊到了极点"
"Shocked, beyond belief."
我读完那本书后
When I finished reading the book...
我就说他肯定认为我说的全部都是谎话
I said he thinks I've lied about everything.
我被 架空了
I was... floored.
40多年了
More than 40 years later,
这个谜团一直没有被解开
the mystery has never been solved.
男子称其父亲是十二宫杀手
斯图尔特:因寻找亲生父亲导致的发现
加里·斯图尔特 新出版的回忆录
Gary Stewart, author of the new memoir,
《史上最危险的动物》的作者
The Most Dangerous Animal Of All,
称这名连环杀手是其父亲
says the serial killer is his father.
真的难以置信
It was unbelievable
《史上最危险的动物》
我们居然能够联♥系♥到像
that we were even able to get a book publisher
十二宫杀手
哈珀·柯林斯这样的出版集团来出版这本书
like Harper Collins to publish this book
因为在此之前已经出版过很多相似的书了
because there has been so many books published.
几乎所有关于十二宫杀手案的可能性都被写过了
Everything that has been written about the Zodiac
而我们却发现了一个全新的理论
and here we come with a brand new theory.
你认为十二宫杀手的身份
You think that the identity of the Zodiac Killer
会永远是个谜吗
will always remain a mystery?
你的一切认知都将被推♥翻♥
Everything you know is wrong.
《史上最危险的动物》
欢迎加里·斯图尔特
Joining me now is Gary L. Stewart.
你的一切认知都将被推♥翻♥
编辑每年都要
Editors look at hundreds
《史上最危险的动物》
看成百上千的稿件
of proposals a year.
其中的大多数都不会被采纳
Most of these proposals don't see the light of day
迈克尔·西诺雷利
剧集 | 最危险的动物(2020) | 导航列表