剧集 | 最危险的动物(2020) | 导航列表
都发生了什么
when he met with Gary Stewart.
旧金山
当您与加里谈话时
When you were talking to Gary,
您对他说
you told him
他的父亲不能被排除
that Gary's father could not be excluded
有黄道十二宫杀手的嫌疑
as a suspect in the Zodiac case.
这是真的吗
Is that correct?
是 因为我们得对他的父亲做更多调查
Right. Because we'd have to do more investigating on his father.
我不能直接按书里写的那样说这是完美的
I, I can't just take the book and say this is perfect.
我们掌握了全部的信息
We've got all the information here.
可是"不能被排除"这个术语
Uh, but the terminology "could not be excluded"
通常只在谈到DNA时使用
is typically reserved for DNA.
我说排除的时候并不是在指DNA
I, I wasn't referring to the DNA when I excluded, you know,
在我说他不能被排除的时候
when I told him that he couldn't be excluded. Okay?
我当时想告诉他的是
What I was trying to tell him was
我觉得他误会我的意思了
and, you know, I think he did misinterpret me telling him,
不 我不能排除你父亲
no, you know, I can't exclude your father.
不能排除你父亲是黄道十二宫杀手的嫌疑
I can't exclude your father as, as the Zodiac,
只因为我们不知道
only because we don't have
黄道十二宫杀手是否真的摸过
the knowledge that the Zodiac actually touched
或者舔过那张邮票
or licked the stamp.
我们的实验室检测了加里的DNA
Gary's DNA was checked by our lab,
我只能告诉你这么多了
and that's all I can tell you.
所以我并不会告诉他
Okay. So I, I wouldn't give him
有关DNA的任何信息
any DNA information.
加里还告诉我说
Gary also told me that
您和他说 您告诉他的消息
you told him the information that you gave him
可以对那本书很有帮助
should do wonders for the book.
这句话准确吗
Was that accurate?
我告诉他的信息对他的书很有帮助吗
Information that I gave him would do wonders for the book?
我 我只和他说我喜欢那本书
I, I just told him that I liked the book.
我不知道 我
Ah. -I don't know, I--
您告诉过他说
Did you tell him that
小厄尔·范贝斯特是您的头号♥嫌疑人吗
Earl Van Best Jr. was your number one suspect now?
不 我没有
No, I did not.
-您没那么说过 -没有
- You did not say that? - No.
您也没有深信
And you were not convinced that...
加里为旧金山警♥察♥局解决了这个案件
Gary had solved the case for the SFPD?
不 我没这么想
No, I wasn't convinced.
但我的确很喜欢那本书
But I did like the book.
明白啦
Gotcha.
我真的非常感激
I sure do appreciate
您抽时间与我见面
you taking the time to talk to me.
皮鲁奇警探没有任何理由
Detective Pierucci had no reason
对我说谎
to lie to me.
在我调查真♥相♥的过程中
In my effort to discover what was true,
我联♥系♥到了一位旧金山的私♥人♥侦♥探♥
I reached out to a private investigator in San Francisco
他一直在研究加里在书中的主张
who's been researching Gary's claims in the book.
我把加里的原稿
I sent him Gary's original manuscript,
和我在过去的几周里发现的其他证据
other evidence that I've uncovered.
都寄给了他
over the past few weeks.
我们有很多很棒的短小精悍的句子
We have an abundance of great one-liners
也有很多华丽的辞藻
and colorful descriptors and so on,
可是我们缺少获取信息的渠道
but we have a lack of sources.
我当时没能采访亨尼斯警官
I wasn't able to interview Lieutenant Hennessey back then
因为加里说旧金山警♥察♥局严词拒绝了他
because Gary told me SFPD had shut him down.
所以我在两周前给他打了电♥话♥
So two weeks ago, I called him.
他不想谈论这件事
And he didn't want to talk about it,
但他和我说
but what he did say to me
在我告诉他我是谁的时候
when I told him who I was
他说 我不想谈论这件事
he said, I don't want to talk about that.
我不想和任何人谈论这件事
I don't want to talk to anybody about that,
但我想说 他当时与我见面时
but I will say I was so disappointed
没说实话 这真的让我很失望
that he wasn't honest with me when I dealt with him.
他只说了这些话
That's what he had to say.
加里·斯图尔特在与他见面时
Gary Stewart was not honest with him
没有说实话
when he dealt with him.
这让我怀疑
Which makes me wonder
在那本书里 我对亨尼斯的描写
is how much of what I wrote about Hennessey,
和我对于旧金山警♥察♥局的描写
about the San Francisco Police Department
有多少是真的
in that book, how much of that was true?
在读这本书的时候
In going through the book,
会发现还有其他证据的细节
there are other pieces of evidence that didn't
经不起推敲
hold up to scrutiny.
《天♥皇♥》便是其中之一
And one of them was The Mikado.
就我所知 日本帝国
What I've been able to tell, the Japanese Empire
曾经禁止其上演
had banned The Mikado,
直到1945年
and it only became,
第二次世界大战结束后
released publicly after the end of World War II
才得以公映
in 1945.
可范贝斯特一家在1941年离开了日本
But the Van Best family leaves Japan in 1941.
加里告诉我
What Gary told me
他会把海报寄给亲属
was that he sent playbills back to his best family members
他们在日本看过《天♥皇♥》之后
and that Van became obsessed
就为它而倾倒
with The Mikado because of seeing it in Japan.
现在你告诉我它在那时被禁演了
And now you're telling me it was banned.
我所进行的大部分工作
So, big part of what I've been working on
是尝试梳理出厄尔·范贝斯特的时间线
is trying to establish a timeline for Earl Van Best.
1969年和1974年之间有一段空白
There is a blank period between 1969 and 1974
在这段时间里 他似乎没有
where he, he, he doesn't appear to have
在旧金山留下很多踪迹
much of a footprint in San Francisco.
因此 在我做完所有调查之后
So after I did all my research,
看到你分享的
you know, seeing this letter that you are able
来自吉尼维尔的信
to share with me that comes from Guinevere,
她是厄尔·范贝斯特生于奥地利的女儿之一
who is one of Earl Van Best's daughters who was born in Austria,
这真的帮忙补齐了
I mean, it really helped close the gap
那段曾经缺失的 他在美国的经历
on... on this sort of missing piece of his US address history.
他们都搬回了奥地利
"They all moved back to Austria
1970年我在那里出生
"where I was born in 1970.
一年后 我父亲离开了我母亲
"A year later, my father left my mother
回到美国去了
and went back to the States."
我们已经申请查看他的移♥民♥记录
We've initiated some requests for his immigration records
但不幸的是
but, unfortunately,
1980年前并没有记录
records prior to 1980 don't exist.
加里告诉我
Gary told me that
他爸爸带着家里人搬到奥地利之后
his father took his family to Austria
立马就抛下了他们
and immediately abandoned them there
他说吉尼维尔的说法是不对的
and that Guinevere's version of events was not true
因为伊迪斯可能
because Edith had motive to...
不想让孩子们觉得
not make her children feel
爸爸把他们带来这里又抛弃了他们
like their father just brought them there and left them.
我没有恪尽职守进行调查
And instead of doing my job,
而是相信了他
I believed him.
我第一次见加里时就看过那些信
I saw those letters early on when I first met Gary.
那些都是原始手稿
They were in his original manuscript.
当时 我没意识到这一点的重要性
At that time, I didn't understand the significance of that
因为当时我对黄道十二宫杀手的认知
because I didn't even really know much more
也只是和普通的美国人一样
about the Zodiac than the average American does.
当我开始了解黄道十二宫杀手时
And by the time I got into the Zodiac Killer part of it,
加里的解释说明又含糊略过...
Gary explained it away like he explained...
跟很多我问他的其他问题一样
a lot of what I asked him away.
如果小厄尔·范贝斯特在1970年时不在国内
If Earl Van Best Jr. was not in the country in 1970,
他就不可能是黄道十二宫杀手
he, he couldn't have been the Zodiac Killer.
结案
Case closed.
今日的危机
Danger in our day.
有一种危机 是别人会欺骗我们
There's the danger that others would deceive us.
假先知
False prophets.
但有另一种危机
There's another danger.
不是别人会骗你们
It's not that someone else would deceive you
而是你们
but that you would
会自己骗自己
剧集 | 最危险的动物(2020) | 导航列表