剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
终于请求一位樵夫砍掉她的双脚
she finally implores a woodcutter to cut off her feet.
他照做了
And he does.
然后她死了
Then she dies.
当时的时代背景不同
Times were different back then.
我确信这个故事中有某种男权主义信息
And I'm sure there's some patriarchal message in this
传达给那些想要放弃传统角色的女性
to women who wanted to step out of their role.
然而 我小时候 对这个故事的理解一直是…
However, I always took away from it as a kid--
这也许说明了我儿时的性格
and it probably says something about me as a kid--
即世界可能会令你奔跑得如此辛苦
is the idea that the world might have you running so hard
以至于你宁可砍掉双脚 也不愿再多跑一步了
that rather than running one step more, you would cut off your own feet.
永远不…
Never…
我永远不会…忘记那个画面
And I never-- I never forgot that image.
我认为当今世上的成功 需要一种类似的舞蹈
I think success in the modern world demands a similar dance--
艰苦卓绝、永无止境 让人感觉身体被掏空
soul-sucking, grueling, never ending.
-只想要停下 -我只想要停下
-Just wanted it to end. -And I just wanted it to end.
我想停下 以便开始生活
I wanted it to end so I could begin to live.
我会告诉大家结果
I'll let you know how it goes.
请继续收看《转折》
Stay tuned for The Twist.
文稿结束
End manuscript.
你想用每年一亿美元买♥♥回
You want a hundred million a year to buy back
《汉普顿》的在♥线♥播♥放♥权
the streaming rights for Hampton?
布鲁斯 我通常不喜欢传达坏消息
Well, Bruce, normally I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news,
但对你我却很喜欢这样做
but with you, somehow, I love it.
《末日13号♥》 我们将不再续约了 这样如何
We're not gonna renew the deal for Apocalypse 13. How's that?
所以如果你想看
So if you wanna see it,
你就不得不像其他人一样订阅UBA+
you're gonna have to do like everybody else and subscribe to UBA Plus.
别担心 如果你付不起7.99美元 我们提供免费试看
And don't worry, there's a free trial if you can't swing the $7.99.
看来愤怒的问题在你那边很普遍
I guess anger issues are endemic over there.
不 这不是愤怒
Nah, this isn't anger.
我愤怒时你会知道的 我保证
You'll know when I'm angry. I'll make sure of that.
-凯尔 三号♥线上是谁在等 -是艾薇 你让我找她的
-Kyle, who's holding on three? -That's Ivy. You told me to get her.
不 告诉她我会回电 我要找皮特弗里曼
No, tell her I'll call her back. I need Pete Freeman.
继续处理呼叫名单 我很快就要走了
Keep rolling through the call sheet. I need to get outta here soon.
-嗨 我是不是该晚点再来 -是 嗨 抱歉…
-Hey. Should I come back later? -Yeah, hi. Sorry…
嗨 不必…
Hi. No, no.
-皮特弗里曼在二号♥线 -告诉他我会回电
-Pete Freeman on two. -Tell him I'll call him back.
-瞧瞧是谁来了 嗨 -嗨
-Look what the cat dragged in. Hi. -Hey.
好久不见
Been a while.
-是 我最近有点忙 -是
-Yeah, I've been a little busy. -Yeah.
-能聊聊吗 -当然
-Can-- Can you talk for a second? -Yeah.
-太好了 -是
-Oh, great. -Yeah.
谢谢
Thanks.
今天早上真是疯狂
What a morning.
你不得不炒掉雷吗
Are you gonna have to fire Ray?
我不能告诉你 但是没错
Well, I mean, I can't tell you that, but yes.
那你准备用谁来替他呢
So, who are you gonna get to replace him?
是 我…
Yeah, I--
我不知道
I don't-- I don't know.
是这样 如果你知道了请告诉我
In fact, if you find out, please tell me
因为我迫不及待想知道
because I'm dying to know.
-我会第一个告诉你 -很感谢
-Well, you would be my first call. -I appreciate it.
如果你找不到优秀的人选 总是可以选我嘛
And if you can't find anybody good, there's always me.
谢谢你无私的提议
Well, I thank you for that selfless offer.
好 你欠我人情 朋友
Okay, you owe me, buddy.
别忘了 你被炒了 是我让你没被炒
Remember you were fired around here, don't forget. And I got you un-fired.
我…对
I-- Yep.
-显然 我…那件事真的谢谢你 -我愿再次效劳
-And obviously, I-- I thank you for that. -I'd do it again.
我真的需要你留在 《The Morning Show》 我要稳定
I really need you on The Morning Show. I need that stability.
观众打开《The Morning Show》 就会看到布莱德莉杰克森
When people turn on The Morning Show, they're gonna see Bradley Jackson.
顺便说一句 你这周的表现很好
And by the way, you have been killing it this week.
-只有这周吗 我是说… -别这样
-Just this week? I mean… -Oh. Don't do that to me.
不 我…听着 我懂
No, I-- Look, I get it,
我知道艾丽克丝离开后收视率下降了一点
and I know that the ratings have gone down a little bit since Alex left,
我并不是无动于衷
and I'm not oblivious,
我觉得晚间新闻
I just think evening news,
也许更适合我的能力
it just might be a better fit for my talents.
而且雷离开后留下的正方形坑 正适合一个正方形的萝卜
And Ray leaving creates this square hole that's perfect for a square peg.
我知道…我会做得很棒
And I know-- I know that I would kill it.
那是当然 你说什么呢
Oh, abso-- Of course you would. What are you talking about?
你绝对会表现出色
You would absolutely crush that.
但我的问题是 我喜欢用正方形的萝卜去填圆形的坑
But, you know, my problem is I like to fit square pegs into round holes
因为那很难
'cause it's really hard,
但如果填进去了 真正完美地填进去
but when you can make it fit, like, perfectly, actually make it fit,
那太神奇了 完全不可思议
it's magical. It's totally magical.
感觉像是魔法 不是变魔术 而是真正的魔法
Feels like magic. And not like magic tricks, like actual sorcery.
当然了 收视率会暂时下降
And of course, of course the ratings took a dip there for a while,
但那会让揭秘时刻非常令人兴奋
but that's what's gonna make the ta-da moment so exhilarating.
所以在揭秘前我不能调动你
So I can't move you before the ta-da.
好吧
Okay.
好
Okay.
我觉得这节目我已经做得游刃有余了
Well, you know, and I kinda feel like I've been finding my groove on the show.
-是 -还有埃里克
-Yeah. -And Eric,
他和我相辅相成得很好
he and I just complement each other really well.
那是因为你 你和任何人都相辅相成得很好
Well, that's you, you complement anyone well.
那不见得吧
I don't know about that.
我觉得他和我是一对好搭档 比之前的组合好得多
I mean, I think he and I are a good match. It's much better than the last situation.
拜托 你和艾丽克丝也有特殊的化学反应
Oh, come on, you and Alex, you had something special too.
就持续了五分钟
For five minutes.
我感觉我们之间的关系 最多就持续了这么久
I mean, that's the most I ever felt like we had a relationship.
但是她走了 而我她甚至还没联♥系♥过我
But, I mean, she left, and I-- I haven't even heard from her.
是啊
Well, yeah.
但那五分钟实在太精彩了
It was a hell of a five minutes.
如果你们有机会发展这段关系 谁知道会怎么样呢
And who knows what would've happened if you'd had a chance to build on 'em.
确实 大概我们永远不得而知了
That's true. I guess we'll never know.
总之 这样更好
Anyway, it's better this way.
我已经学会了永远不要说永不
Well, I have learned never to say never.
除了我在说“永远不要说永不”时
Except when I'm saying never to say never,
这时我在一句话里说了两个“永不”
in which case I say it twice in one sentence.
我很想你
I miss you.
是 我们都很忙 发生了很多事
Yeah, you know, we got busy, a lot happened.
是…是啊
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I mean, yeah.
感觉过去了好久
It feels like that was a million years ago.
然而现在还是2019年
And yet it was still 2019.
是啊
Yeah, tell me about it.
汉娜的事很困扰我 一直在我脑海里
And the Hannah stuff has, you know, been hard and on my mind.
我…
I--
那种事可能只能交给时间了
That stuff, I guess it just takes time.
但我们会愈合的 一定会的
But we'll get there. We will. We'll get there.
嗨 我是雪莉阿尔珀特 来自霍斯黑兹
Hi, this is Shirlee Alpert, from Horseheads.
我想提名我的孙子扎克作为今天的英雄
I want to nominate my grandson, Zack, for Hero of the Day.
昨天在公园里 他和一个不认识的孩子在吃糖果棒
Yesterday at the park, he and a child he didn't know were eating candy canes,
那个孩子的糖果棒掉在了地上
until the other child dropped his on the ground
大哭了起来
and started crying like the dickens.
扎克很有圣诞节的精神 善待他人 这是我们一直以来教他的
Well, Zack really has the Christmas spirit in him, we've made sure of that.
(UBA电视网高层称马库斯)
(行为与公♥司♥政策和价值观不符)
And he offered to share his candy cane.
(他的合同被立即终止)
I have got photos of the two of them licking it.
我觉得这非常暖心
I just thought it was the sweetest thing,
也许你们能以此为素材写一条新闻
and maybe you could do a story about that on the news.
我的号♥码是6074332…
My number is 607-433-2--
信♥号♥♥断了
It cut off.
我知道 就差一点 马上就说完了
I know, we just missed it. It was right there.
要我去追吗
You want me to pursue it?
有点恶心
It's sort of gross.
两个小孩舔一根糖果棒
Two kids licking one candy cane.
是 但是小孩子需要细菌 能增强免疫系统
Yeah, but you know, kids need germs, kinda bolster the immune system.
我说你去把她找出来
I say you track her down.
我们再播圣诞故事要等六个月后了
It's gonna be six months before we do another Christmas story.
其实这里不是这样 但你还是应该把她找出来
Actually, that's not true around here, but you should track her down anyway.
天啊 你怎么来了
Oh, my God. What are you doing here?
-嗨 -嗨
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表