剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
是吗 米切 你想让我做什么 把他杀人灭口吗
Yeah? What you expect me to do, Mitch? Kill and eat him to keep him quiet?
我想让你做什么 做正确的事
What do I expect you to do? The right thing.
你能再说一次吗 从你口中听到这话很不可思议
Can you say that again? It's amazing coming out of your mouth.
听着 我只是想帮忙
Look, I'm just trying to help.
我不能利用UBA电视网的资源了
You know, I don't have the UBA apparatus at my disposal.
而且我声名狼藉 就算花钱也办不成事
And my money is not good in that town anymore.
你不如别插手此事 好好想一想吧
Why don't you take a big step back and think about this?
这都是你的错
This is your fault.
你可以假装弗雷德是坏人
You can try and pretend like Fred's the bad guy,
但没有你的话就没有恶心的文章了 朋友
but there are no nasty stories without you, pal.
你曾许下一些重大的承诺
Well, you made some pretty big fucking promises.
是不是 弗雷德太坏了 他必须走人
Yeah? Fred, so bad he had to go.
也许你只是想取代他而已 恭喜了
Or maybe you just wanted his job. Well, congratulations.
我很高兴 你可以如此自在地 坐在堆满麦秸的房♥间里
I'm glad that it is so easy for you to sit in that big room full of straw,
对我品头论足 而你本应该兑现承诺 把麦秸纺成金子
judging me, when you should be doing what you promised and spin it into gold.
你是首席执行官 做好本职工作 把这件事处理好
You're the CEO. Do what a CEO does: handle it.
把诉讼案处理好 让它消失
Handle the suit. Make it go away.
别让这些恶心的故事登上媒体
Keep these awful stories out of the press
还有别再打扰我 让我能过自己的生活
and leave me the fuck alone so I can live my life.
虽然我的生活支离破碎、痛苦不堪
Whatever miserable scraps are left of it.
嘿 能跟我聊一下吗
Hey, I need a second.
能等等吗
Can it wait?
已经在中国隔离时等了两周还不止
It has waited two weeks in quarantine in China and then some.
那再等几小时又何妨 我得去找斯黛拉
What's another couple of hours? I have to get to Stella's.
所以才不能等 你越早同意 你就可以越早上楼去
But that's why it can't wait. Sooner you agree, sooner you're upstairs.
两分钟
Two minutes.
别担心 我不是要去说你的事
Don't worry. You're not the topic of conversation.
为什么不呢
And why the fuck not?
我也想成为一次对话的主题
I want to be the topic of conversation for once.
我被困在那小小的牢笼期间想了很多
I did a lot of thinking trapped in that little box.
天啊 丹尼尔 北♥京♥希尔顿可不是小小的牢笼
Oh, my God, Daniel. Beijing Hilton is not a little box.
-我们谈过… -我说的不是希尔顿
-We've talked-- -I'm not talking about the Hilton.
我说的是我的人生
I'm talking about my life.
我没时间听你诉苦 我只有两分钟
I don't have a 50-minute hour. I have two minutes.
那我快速说完 因为我不是来这里接受治疗的
I'll make it quick because I didn't come here for therapy.
听着
Look.
说得好听点 这家公♥司♥有一种行为模式
There is a pattern of behavior around here that, to put it kindly,
常常原谅白人的恶劣行为
often excuses the bad behavior of white folks
使有色人种处于劣势 也就是我
and disadvantages the people of color, namely me.
这你也是知道的
And you know it too.
至少乔治华♥莱♥士♥能有礼貌地当面说出来
I mean, at least George Wallace had the courtesy to tell you to your face.
我已经受够了 不会再忍♥耐
I'm done turning the other cheek.
好吧…
Okay, okay.
我当然知道
Of course I know it.
你一定注意到了 我成为负责人
Sure it's not lost on you that I was only put in charge
是因为一切土崩瓦解 失败几乎无法避免
after everything had gone to shit and failure was damn near certain.
所以我懂
So I get it.
但是听着 我宁可在 这种情况下得到这份工作
But look, I am-- I'm… happier to have the job in this situation
也不愿他们打着公平的名号♥将我排除在外
than to be shut out in the name of fairness.
我只有一个要求 你和斯黛拉谈的时候
And all I ask is that, when you talk to Stella,
推荐我当辩论主持人
you push for me to moderate.
好 你说得对 我会帮你争取当辩论主持人
Okay. You're right. I will plead your case.
现在我必须上楼去了
Now I have to get up there.
那里应该有黑人发声
There should be some Black voice up there.
不可能是候选人之一
And it's not gonna come from one of the candidates.
我会尽力而为
I'll do what I can.
-你们不会因为这个把我炒掉吧 -不会 拜托 杨科 不会 但是…
-You're not gonna fire me over this? -Oh, no. Come on, Yanko, no. But…
人们的抵♥制♥已经失控了
You know, the backlash has gotten out of hand.
这种事就是这样 我们知道你完全没有恶意
It's just one of those things. We know you didn't mean anything by it.
但我们必须把此事 扼杀在摇篮里 明白吗
But we gotta nip that thing in the bud, okay?
所以你明天必须在节目上道歉
So, you're gonna have to apologize on the show tomorrow.
你想让我说我很抱歉
So you want me to say I'm sorry.
-对 你必须说 -好 我还是不明白
-Yeah. You gotta be. -Okay, I still don't-- I don't understand
为什么我说某个动物是自己的灵兽 是件不好的事
why it's a bad thing for me to call something my spirit animal, okay?
顺便一提 过去一整周了也没人在乎
And by the way, a whole week went by, nobody cared.
他们现在在乎了 而且我们也在乎
Well, they care now, and we care.
我该怎么对一件说不通的事感到抱歉呢
How am I supposed to feel sorry for something that doesn't make sense?
-我又没有跳求雨舞蹈 -我的天
-I mean, it's not like I did a rain dance. -Oh, my God.
是这样 这是文化挪用
You know what? It's-- It's appropriation.
你不是美国原住民
You're not Native American.
就好比不是古巴人的人挪用了古巴的东西
It's like if someone who wasn't Cuban was appropriating Cuban things.
我不会因此感到困扰 我不在乎 听着 我声明
That doesn't bother me. I don't care. Look, for the record,
如果我相信自己做错了 我完全可以道歉
I have no problem apologizing when I believe I've done something wrong,
如果我并不觉得抱歉 你们真的还要我道歉吗
but you honestly want me to apologize for something if I don't even mean it?
完美的情况是
In a perfect world,
你理解自己的行为是错的 从中吸取教训并道歉
you understand that what you did is wrong, you learn from it, and you apologize.
好吗
Okay?
没事的
It's fine.
好吧 行 我道歉 我…
All right, fine. I'll do it. You know, I--
-我通常不这样反抗 你知道 -对 我知道…
-I don't push back like this, you know. -No, I know. I know.
好 很抱歉我刚才强烈争辩 但是这么深的误解令人心痛
Okay, and I'm sorry to be so combative, but it hurts to be this misunderstood.
谢谢你过来
Thanks for-- Thanks for coming in.
我觉得发推文的人 甚至都不是美国原住民
I don't even think the guy who tweeted it was Native American.
好 我一会儿去楼下找你
Okay. I'll see you downstairs.
-天啊 -他是好意
-Oh, God. -He means well.
听着 我能跟你说件其他事吗
Look, can I bend your ear about something else?
说吧
Bend away.
你觉得让丹尼尔主持辩论如何
What do you think about Daniel moderating the debate?
所有人都在为此事游说我
Everyone and their mother's been lobbying for this,
好像我能做出某种选择似的
like I have some sort of choice to make.
很显然我们必须用埃里克
We have to use Eric, obviously,
科里说得很清楚 他想让艾丽克丝去
and Cory's made it clear that he wants it to be Alex.
顺便一提 应该是诺琳去
It should be Noorean, by the way.
UBA新闻频道的收视率冠军 热情、政策专家
Best ratings on UBANC, warm and wonky.
但候选人和主持人的数量不可能一样
But there can't be an equal number of candidates and moderators.
很抱歉 没有丹尼尔的位置了
I'm sorry. There just isn't room for Daniel.
丹尼尔感觉自己被全面贬低了 只负责一些不重要的工作
Daniel feels minimized on a grand scale, you know, relegated to the breezy stuff.
-这… -是《转折》
-And it-- -It's The Twist.
不重要的工作让他心里不平衡
The breeze makes it twist.
对 但不仅仅是不重要的工作
Right, but it's not just the breezy stuff.
丹尼尔感觉 公♥司♥只让他报道有关多元化的新闻
Daniel feels like he's only asked to report on diverse stories,
说实话 这种新闻的播出时间不多
which, if we're being honest, don't get as much airtime.
他觉得这是种族歧视
He thinks this is a racial thing?
-是因为害怕同性恋 -我跟你说
-A homophobic thing. -You know what?
我不会替他说话 但我跟你说说我的看法
I'm not gonna put words in his mouth, but I'll give you my opinion.
好
Okay.
丹尼尔亨德森能和我们现有的任何人一样 主持好这次辩论
Daniel Henderson can moderate this debate as well as anybody we have,
而且他的视角非常重要
and he's got a really important perspective.
不是所有人都能当约翰或保罗的 总要有人当林戈
Not everyone can be John or Paul. Some people have to be Ringo.
这不丢人
There's no shame in that.
依我看 丹尼尔的魅力已经完全发挥出来了
In my opinion, Daniel's reached the level of his charisma,
我把话说清楚 即在一家主要电视网络
which, to be clear, is hosting the nine o'clock hour
主持9点钟的节目
on a major television network.
这可不算是一种侮辱
It's not exactly an insult.
他很优秀的
He's really good.
任何做到这个级别的人 在其他地方都是大明星
Everybody who's made it to this level was the star somewhere else,
但是在这个群星闪耀的世界里 我觉得他没有那种“特质”
but in a universe full of stars, I don't think he has the "it" factor.
最重要的是这对你来说是独一无二的
What's most important is that it's unique to you.
对你的特点来说
To who you are.
电视行业已经90岁了
TV's, like, 90 years old.
你或任何人唯一能做 而又是别人之前没做过的事
The only thing you or anyone can do that hasn't been done before
-就是提供观点 -同意
-is offer their perspective. -I agree.
我觉得人们很想了解你
I think people want to know who you are.
嘿 今天的节目很精彩
Hey, great show today.
-谢谢 -没错 开门红 是吧
-Thank you. -Yes. Hell of a start, huh?
是 太棒了
Yeah, amazing.
-听着 -是
-Listen… -Yes?
有关辩论的事…
About this debate…
我听说你不想主持
I hear you don't want to do it.
但我能跟你说说 为什么我们觉得辩论很重要吗
But can I just tell you why we think it's so important?
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表