剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
In the meantime, we're on UBANC in a couple of hours.
有什么事那么重要 令他们能不让我上自己的节目
What's so important that they're bumping me from my own show?
站在我身边的是马库斯戴布斯教授
I'm here with Professor Marcus Debs,
爱荷华大学政♥治♥系主任
chair of the poli-sci department at the University of Iowa
他会帮我分♥析♥今晚将会发生什么
to help me break down what will happen tonight
这里是诸多♥党♥团会地点之一
here at one of the many caucus sites.
他们刚刚开始布置体育馆
The gymnasium is just starting to set up…
天啊
Oh, God.
室内的气氛已经十分令人兴奋
…the room is already electric.
教授 你觉得今晚会有多少人出席
Professor, how many people do you expect to show up tonight?
这是你第一次报道党团会
This is your first caucus?
我只报道过西弗吉尼亚州初选
The West Virginia primary was, you know, the only one I've ever been to.
从未报道过党团会
Never a caucus.
这算是你事业上的大突破了 是吗
This was suddenly a big leap for you, right?
从西弗吉尼亚州的记者到报道全国选举
Well, going from reporter in West Virginia to covering a national election
主持电视史上最出名的早间新闻节目
for the most storied morning news show in TV history.
是 我知道这似乎是一个大飞跃
Yeah, I know it seems like a big leap,
但我朝着这个方向努力很久了
but I've been working towards this for a really long time.
人们对这个大飞跃有很多猜想
A lot has been made about that big leap.
猜想这次飞跃在没有人预见到的情况下 到底是怎么发生的
About how exactly it happened with no one seeing it coming.
围绕这个话题的文章很多
I mean, there's been a lot of ink spilled on the subject.
是
Yeah.
但是有一个我觉得很有意思的地方
But there's something that's fascinating to me
从来没有人去完整地讨论
that no one's ever touched upon in full.
你的感受是怎样的
What does it feel like?
即在人生的这个时刻来到事业的这个节点
You know, to be at this stage in your career at this point in your life.
你自己承认
I mean, by your own admission,
你之前在全国各地的小电视台里苦干
you were toiling in small stations around the country.
对…
Right. Right.
突然获得了这个机会
And to suddenly be given this opportunity
这一定是个似乎永远不可能得到的机会
that must have seemed like it would never come,
你有何感受
how does that feel?
是这样 我从小到大一直在想
You know… I grew up thinking
我这一生的机会不一定会很多
that there weren't necessarily gonna be a lot of possibilities for me.
会有一些门永远不会向我敞开
There just were gonna be certain doors that would never be open.
然后我发现了自己擅长的东西
But then I found this thing that I'm good at,
就好像我可以拥有这些远大的梦想
and it seemed like I could have these big dreams, you know?
然后生活中总是会发生一些事
And then life happens, you know. Stuff happens.
我就走到了这一步
And I got to this point
我觉得这种程度的成功 不可能发生在自己身上
where I thought this level of success was just not possible for me.
是我不可能达到的高度
I just wasn't gonna achieve it.
我其实说服了自己 我…
And I convinced myself, actually…
我想我说服了自己 这其实不是我想要的
I guess I convinced myself that I didn't really want it.
所以那几年我过得很艰难
And that was a handful of pretty tough years for me.
我一直持续这样了很久
And I did that a long time.
一直到大约一个月前发生这一切为止
And really up until everything happened about a month ago.
这个月是如何改变你的
And how did this month change things for you?
这个月
This month?
我当时的状态让我感觉到
I was in a place where I felt like
我可以控制自己的生活和命运
I had control over my life, control over my destiny.
然后就这样突然一下子 我意识到…我害怕…
And then, like that, I realized-- I feared…
我…心想 我其实完全没有控制权
I just-- I thought, I don't have any control at all.
然后我做了件草率的事 行为很不妥
And so then I did something rash, and I acted out.
之后的每一天
And every day that passed,
我都问自己 “如果我失去这一切怎么办 ”
I thought to myself, "What if I lose this?"
我用了这么久才走到这一步 如果我永远回不去了呢
It took me so long to get here. What if I never get back?
对
Right.
然后我意识到
And then I realized, like--
一旦我意识到了自己的感受
Once I realized how I felt,
我才意识到这份工作对我的意义何在
that's when I realized what this job means to me.
该死
Oh, shit.
你现在是这样扔咖啡的吗 站在哪里就掉在哪里
That how you throw your coffee out now? Just drop it wherever you stand?
-不 我发誓 我来捡起来 -不
-No. I swear. I just-- I'm picking it up. -No.
-抱歉 我真是个傻瓜 -因为我说你乱扔咖啡
-I'm sorry, I'm such an idiot. -Because I called you on it.
-我给你再买♥♥一杯 -我给你买♥♥双新鞋
-I'm gonna get you another cup. -I'm gonna get you new shoes.
我不需要新鞋 我喜欢有咖啡渍的鞋
I don't need new shoes. I like coffee-stained shoes.
反正我也赔不起你那双美美的鞋
I can't afford your beautiful shoes anyway.
-你那里是几点 -我这里时间没有意义
-What time is it there? -Where I am time has no meaning.
凌晨2点36分
2:36 in the morning.
显然我的时间对你来说没有意义
Clearly my time is meaningless to you.
你把我送到一千多万公里外的 病毒爆发的中心
You sent me nine million miles away to the epicenter of a viral outbreak
害我不得不在这家 被上帝遗忘的酒店里等上14天
which I now have to wait 14 days in this godforsaken hotel.
希尔顿可不是被上帝遗忘的酒店
Hilton is not godforsaken.
是被上帝遗忘的
It's godforsaken.
嘿…你还好吗 能让丹尼尔听电♥话♥吗
Hey. Hey, how are you? Could you please put Daniel on the phone?
你把我的节目取消了
You bumped me.
我们正在经历 美国历史上的第三次总统弹劾
We're in the middle of the third impeachment in US history.
党团会就在今天
The caucus is today.
奥尼尔上节目谈科比布莱恩特的事 这可是大事件
Shaq was on to talk about Kobe Bryant. This stuff is a big deal.
-这是大事件 -你自己说的
-This is a big deal. -And you said it yourself.
你在地球的另一端 我们甚至不在那边播出
You're on the other side of the globe. We don't even air there.
我都能听见怀俄明州的人们关电视的声音
I can hear TVs turning off in Wyoming.
人们必须知道有什么即将到来
People need to know what's coming.
新闻不能只是你想听的东西
News isn't just the stuff you wanna hear.
听着 你的时间比我们早13小时 也许在那里算是新闻吧
Listen, you're 13 hours ahead, and it might be news there.
我跟你讲 我正走在曼哈顿市中心
I'm telling you, I'm walking around midtown Manhattan.
大街上人山人海 这里的日常生活没有受到病毒影响
There's a million people on the street. It is not impacting everyday life here.
而且你知道 艾丽克丝将在一周后回归
And, you know, Alex is coming back in a week,
我必须做到大获全胜 朋友
and I need a home run, dude.
见鬼 我需要收视率
Shit, I need ratings,
丹尼尔 你明白吧
you know, Daniel?
丹尼尔
Daniel?
我能听见你的呼吸声
I can hear you breathing.
该死的 丹尼尔
Goddamn it. Daniel.
我的生活不止是为了确保 让你每时每刻一切顺利
My life can't be all about making everything okay for you in every moment.
你能不能为我考虑一次 别这么感情用事
Will you do something for me for once and be a fucking man?
你去死吧
Fuck you.
见鬼
Fuck.
杨科
Yanko?
显然说某种动物是自己的灵兽 已经不是件好事了
Apparently, it's not good to say something is your spirit animal anymore.
-不是了吗 -天啊 又有其他事了
-It isn't? -Christ, something else?
我没说任何冒犯人的话
I didn't say anything offensive.
太愚蠢了 但是谢谢你提醒 Z世代的小伙子
That's so stupid. But thanks for the heads up, Zoomer.
-嗨 -嗨 奇普
-Hey. -Hey, Chip.
天啊 奇普
Oh, my God, Chip!
天啊 你肚子好大
Oh, my God, you. You're so pregnant.
他们说你是假装怀孕 为了博眼球
They said you were just making that up to get attention.
不是 没有婴儿照顾 我的人生就感觉很空虚
No, my life just felt empty without a baby to take care of.
我就是婴儿
I'm the baby.
是 我明白
Yep. I get it.
-蕾拉 嗨 -嗨 奇普
-Layla. Hi. -Hey, Chip.
见到你真好
It's great to see you.
别往心里去
Do not take that personally.
只是这里有些人
It's just that there are some people here
觉得他们不应该请你回来
that don't think they should've brought you back.
-明白 -但是他们会翻篇的
-I see. -But they'll get over it.
他们只是需要一些时间
They just need some time.
不…没关系 我…理解 没问题
No, it's okay. I understand. Not a problem.
你不必再照顾我了 记得吗
You don't have to take care of me anymore, remember?
我是想看看你 打个招呼
I just wanted to see you and say hi.
很高兴见到你 还有你
It's good to see you. And good to see you.
我也是
You too.
-好 -好
-Okay. -Okay.
-你气色很好 -谢谢
-You look great. -Thank you.
你和米切凯斯勒的关系是什么性质
What was the nature of your relationship with Mitch Kessler?
他曾是我最好的朋友
He was my best friend.
他曾是我最好的朋友
He was my best friend.
-但… -抱歉 能倒回去吗
-But-- -I'm sorry, can you rewind that, please?
米切是…
Mitch was…
我没有批准这个问题
I didn't approve this question.
我们来看看能否把它剪一下
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表