剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
…that when she requested time off to attend
-她婆婆的葬礼时 马库斯… -麦琪
-her mother-in-law's funeral, Marcus… -Maggie,
我希望我们给了你足够的时间 能把此事也写进书里
I hope we gave you enough time to include this in your book.
新年你有什么安排吗
What are you doing New Year's?
新年前夜你有什么安排吗
What are you doing New Year's Eve?
好 别忘了
All right, don't forget,
我和布莱德莉将会主持 UBA电视网的跨年夜盛会
Bradley and I will be hosting UBA's New Year's Eve Extravaganza
就在明晚 时代广场现场直播
tomorrow night live from Times Square.
安德鲁W.K.、德雷克、劳伦阿♥拉♥纳 真正来自音乐界的嘉宾
Andrew W.K., Drake, Lauren Alaina, actual musical guests.
-我们就不唱歌♥了 谢天谢地 -嘿 拜托 我看你唱得很开心
-No singing from us, thank goodness. -Hey, come on, I saw you having fun.
你觉得那是开心的样子
Is that what fun looks like to you?
锁定UBA电视网 开心将与你同在
Well, it looks like what you'll be seeing here on UBA
-东部时间明晚8点开始 -是的
-starting at 8:00 p.m. eastern… -That's right. tomorrow night.
-希望大家和我们一起跨入2020年 -我和埃里克期待各位和我们一起狂欢
-We hope you can ring in 2020 with us. -Eric and I will be looking for you.
不要走开 请继续收看《转折》
Now stay tuned for The Twist.
结束 干得好 两位
And we're out. Good job, you guys.
推特上反响不错
Twitter's loving it.
-真的 -我就说嘛
-Really? -I told you.
好吧 确实比我想的更有趣
All right, it was more fun than I thought.
天啊
Oh, Jesus.
你看到有关雷的新闻了吗
Did you see this about Ray?
-在感情上虐待他的员工 -什么
-Emotionally abusing his staff? -What?
-天啊 -没看到
-God. -No.
盖尔
Gayle.
我尽力推动这件事了 好吗
I pushed the issue, all right?
这是米娅提出来的
This is coming from Mia?
米娅想做“新年营养”
Mia wants to do "Nutrition in the New Year"?
我觉得与其说是“新年营养”
Well, I think it has less to do with "Nutrition in the New Year"
不如说是让所有人都大失所望
and more to do with, you know, bumming everybody the fuck out.
新年前夜和新年是一年中最要命的两天
New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are two of the deadliest days of the year.
饮酒量和吸毒量上涨 许多人丧命
Alcohol consumption goes up, drug use rises, people die.
这是事实 很抱歉 确实令人失望
It's a fact. I'm sorry it's a bummer.
好吧 我本想委婉地告知你 但是其实我们没得选
Okay, I was trying to give it to you easy, but we weren't given an option.
我去和她谈谈
I'm gonna go talk to her.
布莱德莉
Bradley.
收视率下降 你要有选择性
Ratings are down. Pick your battles.
如果这个节目不重视我
You know, if they don't value me around here,
我觉得晚间新闻很快就会有职位空缺的
I have a feeling there's gonna be an opening on the evening news very soon.
这似乎是安全的赌注
That seems like a safe bet.
而且我十分怀疑
And I seriously doubt
文斯会让我把“新年营养”
Vince would tell me to do "Nutrition in the New Year"
在晚间新闻上做
on the evening news.
顺便说一句 盖尔
And by the way, Gayle,
你告诉我只要唱歌♥、跳舞 乖乖地和他们合作
you told me all this singing and dancing and playing along
我就能在台里获得一些自♥由♥
was gonna buy me some freedom around this place.
我染了发 为他们主持名人保龄球节目
I mean, I dyed my hair, I hosted their celebrity bowling show,
我还在电视上跳愚蠢的抖音舞
I-- I did stupid TikTok dances on TV.
我就差在屁♥股♥上文“UBA”了 可结果呢
I did everything short of tattooing UBA on my ass, and for what?
你得以报道大部分你想报道的新闻
You've gotten to do most of the stories you wanted to do.
如果我们原地踏步 别人会赶上来的
If we stay the course, people will catch up.
我希望你是对的
I hope you're right.
我要和科里谈谈晚间新闻的事
I'm gonna talk to Cory about the evening news.
-他重视诚信 -这件事我们必须先发制人
-He values integrity. -We need to get out ahead of this.
别让布莱德莉杰克森从推特上发现
Bradley Jackson isn't gonna find out on Twitter
我们要为晚间新闻挖走她的搭档
that we're poaching her partner for evening news.
什么时候能换上埃里克
When are we ready to make the switch with Eric?
-他差一点就能签协议了 -好 那签吧
-He's ready to close, almost. -Well, close the deal.
我们本来应该有时间 让她慢慢接受这个想法
We were supposed to have time to ease her into this idea.
这让我炒掉他变得很难 也许我们还是算了吧
You know, this is making my life difficult to fire him, so maybe we don't.
冲个人助理大喊和性侵犯可不一样
Yelling at a PA isn't exactly the same thing as sexual assault.
我当个人助理时 曾有个老板朝我脑袋 扔过一个黄梨 我现在还是好好的
I had a boss throw a pineapple at my head when I was a PA, and here I am.
这故事我们听过了 文斯 这家电视网需要规范其行为
We've heard that story before, Vince. This network needs to clean up its act.
我就简单说了
Let me make this simple.
有关宣布开除雷 和埃里克调到晚间新闻的新闻稿
The press release announcing Ray's firing and Eric's move to evening news
他们正在起草
is being drafted now,
但我们会等其他事宜全部搞定才宣布
but we're not gonna release it till everything else is in place.
时间表已经变了
The timetable has changed
既然有人向媒体泄密了
now that somebody has decided to leak the information to the press,
我们就不得不快速行动
so we have to move expeditiously.
我们先集中讨论该让谁和布莱德莉搭档吧
Let's just concentrate on who we're pairing with Bradley.
很好 我们的最后候选人名单上 还剩米基和艾伦
Stellar. Our short list is down to Mickey and Aaron.
-为什么没有米格尔 -他拒绝了
-What the fuck happened to Miguel? -He declined.
他拒绝了《The Morning Show》
He-- He declined The Morning Show?
他不太愿意和布莱德莉搭档
He wasn't excited about working with Bradley.
听着 让埃里克留在《TMS》 把布莱德莉调到晚间新闻如何
Listen, what about keeping Eric on TMS, moving Bradley to evening?
你们知道 她喜欢重大新闻
You know she loves her news hard.
好吧 我们要不要谈谈我们都在想的
Okay, should we have the conversation about Bradley
-关于布莱德莉的话题 -什么
-that I think we're all thinking? -What?
她的表现真的合格吗
Is she really cutting it?
那似乎太极端了
That seems extreme.
收视率下降了 她的合同会在几个月后到期
Ratings have been down. Her contract is up in a few months.
是 布莱德莉 本来准备好成为某种女权英雄
Yeah, Bradley was poised to become some sort of feminist superhero,
但她没能把握住机会
but she couldn't capitalize.
不 等等 是她拒绝抓住机会
No, wait. She refused to capitalize.
我还挺佩服她的 她没有借助“我也是”运动的风潮
Well, I kind of admire that she didn't just jump on the Me Too bandwagon
假装受害者去从中获益
and fill up her grocery cart with free prizes and fake goodwill.
是 但她专门花力气去反其道而行
Yeah, but she went out of her way not to fill up her cart.
她谴责那个女性俱乐部…
She called that women's club out on the carpet--
因为给员工的工资过低
For underpaying staff.
听着 你知道我喜爱布莱德莉
Listen, you know I love Bradley,
但她真的需要一位像艾丽克丝那样 镇静、优雅、稳重的资深主播
but she really needs the poise and polish and gravity of a seasoned anchor like Alex
来平衡她的性格
to balance her out.
-好吧 -那好
-Fine. -Okay then,
我们列出了潜在的搭档组合
we have a list of potential partner combinations
-都已经准备就绪… -什么 不 我说好吧…
-that are ready to go-- -What? No, I said fine. Fine, fine.
-“好吧”是指什么 -我们把艾丽克丝请回来
-"Fine," what? -We get Alex back.
-不…我不是那个意思 -什么 不行
-No, no. I didn't-- I didn't mean-- -What? No.
-我不认为这是一个选项 -怎么 你和她谈过
-I don't think that's an option. -Why, have you talked to her?
她公然离开了节目 这事太严重了
She publicly left the show. It was a big deal.
她亲口拒绝过你吗
Did she personally tell you no?
是 她强调过的
Yes, emphatically,
在她八个月前离开节目时说的
when she left the show eight months ago.
所以我们才心甘情愿 在埃里克身上花那么多钱
That's why we went out and spent all that money on Eric.
但还有谁像艾丽克丝一样具有故事性呢
But who else is a story like Alex is?
谁能转移公众视线
Who else can distract us
我们现在就像一艘失火的垃圾船
from the burning trash barge that we are currently floating
漂在城市正中心 谁也救不了
right down the center of the city? No one.
我不知道让她回来 会不会达到你想要的效果
I don't know that bringing her back is the event that you think it is.
她是女权主义的代表人物
She's a feminist icon.
也许是 但我也不喜欢
Maybe. But I also don't love the idea
再找一个白人女性当联合主播 无论她是不是女权主义的代表
that she's another white woman as co-anchor, feminist icon or not.
尤其她还承认做过很多有问题的事
And especially one who admitted to doing a lot of questionable shit.
我个人认为艾丽克丝已经没戏了
And personally, I think Alex is done.
人们没有意识到功成名就是有代价的
The thing people don't realize is that there is a cost to success and fame.
有一个汉斯克里斯汀安徒生写的故事
There's a story by Hans Christian Andersen.
讲的是一位年轻女子 迷恋上了一双漂亮的红鞋
A young woman becomes enamored with these fabulous red shoes
这双鞋非常吸引眼球、令人兴奋
that are more attention-grabbing and exciting
比她穿的那双简陋的棕色鞋子好多了
than the humble brown shoes she wears.
她一时判断失误
In a moment of bad judgment,
向诱惑屈服 穿着鞋子去了教堂
she succumbs to their charms and wears them to church.
(艾丽克丝利维 离开《The Morning Show》)
令人惊讶的是 她的双脚开始移♥动♥
And lo and behold, her feet start moving
(艾丽克丝利维 还在和米切凯斯勒约会吗 )
她跳起了舞 停不下来
and she is dancing, and she can't stop.
(《沉默中》 艾丽克丝利维著)
她舞动了几个小时、几天、几周
And she dances for hours and days and weeks
直到鲜血淋漓、伤痕累累
until she is bloody and bruised
因为她狂热地旋转着、起舞着 穿过乡间、城镇
from dancing like a whirling dervish through the countryside and towns,
停不下来
unable to stop.
最后 她舞跳得太多、太辛苦 越来越快
She finally dances so much and so hard, faster and faster,
她知道自己将会流血而死
that she knows she is going to bleed to death.
她拼命地想要避免死亡
So in a desperate attempt to stave off death,
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表