抱歉今晚的电影之夜我们迟到了
Sorry we're late for movie night.
我在帮凯洛挑选参加
I was trying to help Carol pick out an outfit
书迷粉丝会的衣服
for comic-fan-fest.
基普想让我办成丽娅公主[星球大战角色]
Kip wanted me to go as Princess Leia,
但我穿白色看起来太丑了
but I look horrible in white.
我对我们婚礼唯一的记忆就是你穿白色很丑了
That's the only thing I remember from our wedding.
你知道吗
You know what?
我一直在想要不要去那个
I've been thinking about going to that, uh,
"书迷会"还是什么的
whatever that "comic fest" thing is.
我老板说我们需要
My boss says we need
吸引更多书怪咖观众
to start appealing more to the nerd audience.
你看 我国每天三点半都会重播
See, our-our station airs a Big Bang Theory rerun
《生活大爆♥炸♥》 收视还很好
every day at 3:30, huge ratings,
可下午四点的新闻播报收视率却越来越低
our 4:00 p.m. newscast isn't holding enough viewers.
好好干 内森
Get on it, Nathan.
因为你得保住这个饭碗啊
Because you need to hold on to that job.
除了这个 你还能做什么
I mean, what else are you qualified to do?
在老海军[服饰品牌]做模特吗
Mannequin at Old Navy?
米卡拉终于做完她的数学作业了
Okay, Mikayla finally finished her math homework.
这对于想钓金龟婿的姑娘来说不是浪费时间吗
Seems like a waste of time for a girl who's gonna marry rich.
你们选好电影了吗
Did you guys pick a movie?
基普和我想看...
Kip and I want to watch...
《星球大战》
Star Wars...
得为书迷粉丝会预热一下
To get psyched for comic-fan-fest.
我们不能看那个
We're not allowed to watch that.
爸爸不让我们看 因为杰夫是这样说的
Daddy won't let us because Jeff said so.
天呐 我真烦杰夫
God, I am so sick of Jeff!
我很努力的想要融入这里
Say, I'm just trying to fit in here.
谁是杰夫来着
Who's Jeff?
他是布谷鸟公社的领导 亚当在那里长大的
He's the leader of the Cuckoo Commune Adam grew up on.
杰夫告诉爸爸 看《星球大战》会引发癫痫
Jeff told daddy watching Star Wars can cause seizures.
亲爱的 我不想说你♥爸♥爸有点太傻太天真
Honey, I don't want to say your dad's a little simple,
但要是能参演其中
but Tom Hanks would
就算是汤姆·汉克斯也能得奥斯卡
get an Oscar for playing him.
我们看《星球大战》 就这样定了
We're watching Star Wars.
太棒了 简直太棒了
Great. No, this is perfect.
我可以增进下对于怪咖的了解
I can brush up on my nerd knowledge.
总不能去盲目地迎合大爆♥炸♥的粉丝吧
Can't just blindly pander to the Big Bang fans.
他们一眼就能看穿的
They'll just see right through it.
他们是最聪明的电视观众了
They're television's smartest audience.
米勒一家
第二季 第五集
我在咖啡店醒来时
When I woke up at the cafe,
我们还是一位客人都没有
we still didn't have any customers,
所以我决定提前关门了
so I just decided to close up early.
我 天呐 是《星球大战》
I... Oh, God, it's Star Wars!
把眼睛遮住
Cover your eyes!
亚当 放松点
Adam, relax.
没人会癫痫发作的
Nobody's having a seizure.
等等 我们能倒回最后一段吗
Wait, wait, wait. Can we just rewind that last part?
他们说他们要去哪儿来着 奥德兰吗
Where'd they say they were going? Alderaan?
等等 你刚才是说奥德兰吗
Wait a second, d-did you say Alderaan?
那可是尊贵的领袖杰夫的故乡
That's where exalted leader Jeff is from.
你们公会的领袖是从外星来的吗
The leader of your commune was from another planet?
千万别跟我说你要剥下你的外皮
Please tell me you aren't about to peel off your skin
然后向我们介绍真实的你
and introduce us to the real you.
不是外星 杰夫是在爱荷华州的奥德兰长大的
It's not another planet; Jeff grew up in Alderaan, Iowa.
我从没听过爱荷华还有个叫奥德兰的镇子啊
I never heard of a town in Iowa called Alderaan.
而且我还有摄影式 怎么说来着
And I have a photographic, uh, whatchamacallit.
奥德兰在一场大火中被摧毁了
You see, Alderaan was wiped out in a giant fire,
然后杰夫不得不和他的叔叔婶婶一起
and then Jeff had to move in
搬到一个泥土小屋里
with his aunt and uncle in a mud hut.
结果他们被一些州警♥察♥杀死了
And then they were killed by some state troopers
那些州警♥察♥来自一股"黑暗势力"
from "the dark side of the force."
猜猜看警♥察♥局长是谁
Guess who the police chief turned out to be.
杰夫的父亲
Jeff's father.
你崇拜的领袖的人生历程
Your cult leader appears to have stolen
似乎是盗用的《星球大战》啊
his life history from Star Wars.
你所说的一切都是电影中的情节
Everything you're talking about was in the movie.
等等 等等
Oh, wait, wait, wait. Wait a second.
我们学校的吉祥物是"千年隼"
Our school mascot was the millennium falcon.
我们的食物都储藏在赫特人贾巴中
All our food was kept in Jabba the Hutt.
你知道吗 我绝不会就这么放过他的
You know what, I'm not gonna let him get away with this.
布伦达
Hey, Brenda.
是我 亚当
It's me, Adam.
不 我不叫月亮土豆了
No, I don't go by Moon Potato anymore.
不 不是因为某个和我共事的人
No, it's not because someone else
也叫月亮土豆
at work was named Moon Potato.
听着 布伦达 我需要你在杰夫下次
Listen, Brenda, I need you to tell Jeff something
到加油站往水杯里灌水的时候
the next time he comes down to the gas station
向他转达些事 好吗
to fill up his water bottles, okay?
你告诉他 我已经看过《星球大战》了
I need you to tell him that I have seen Star Wars,
我什么都知道了
and I am onto him.
话说 你怎么会叫月亮土豆的
How do you get a name like Moon Potato anyway?
是这样的 在公会 你的母亲在怀孕时
You see, on the commune, your first name is
看的东西就是你的第一个名字
whatever your mother was looking at during conception,
你最后一个名字是你父亲最喜欢的食物
and your last name is your father's favorite food.
你真是嫁了个有趣的家伙 炖肉
You're married to an interesting man, Headboard Pot Roast.
您好 WXDN新闻 请问我能否...
Hi, there. WXDN news. I was just wondering if I could...
内森
Hey, Nathan!
很有趣对吧
Isn't this fun?
你们两个这是扮的谁
What are you two dressed as?
波卡拉顿必胜客里的服务员吗
The waitstaff at the Boca Raton Pizza Hut?
我是《星际迷航》里的珍妮薇舰长
I am Captain Janeway from Star Trek.
我完全不知道那是谁 但我觉得我扮得很好
I have no idea who that is, but I think I'm pulling it off.
你的采访如何了
How's your story going?
没啥进展
Oh, it's rough.
这里的人都只想被
All the people here only want to be interviewed
播客 博客或播博采访
by podcasts or blog-casts or pod-blogs.
我说的这都是人话吗
Is what I'm saying even words?
看看这些播客 他们连记者都算不上
Look at these podcasters; they're not even journalists.
他们对采访一窍不通
They don't understand the subtleties of the craft.
而我可是学完了整个课程 它教会我如何...
I took an entire class to learn how to do a dramatic...
做作的暂停
pause.
别这样
Stop it.
别鼓掌了 拜托
Stop, please!
不停下的话就鼓得更大声点吧
Unless you want to go louder!
内森 你知道这是谁吗
Nathan, do you know who that is?
不知道 是他发明了
I don't know, the guy who invented
如何删除你的网页浏览记录吗
deleting the history on your internet browser?
你开什么玩笑
Are you kidding?
那可是《雨与火之歌♥》的作者
That's the author of Fire and Rain,
马丁·J·S·艾塞克斯
Martin J.S. Essex.
如果你想要融入那群怪咖中
If you're looking to get in with these nerds,
你就该去采访他
you should interview him.
他就是我们的王
He is our king!
-我想和他合拍一份小基 -一份什么
- I'm hoping to get a kippie with him. ?- A what?
小基 就是自♥拍♥ 但是比自♥拍♥更棒
A kippie. Uh, a kippie's like a selfie but better,
因为基普永远在镜头内
because Kip's always in it.
马丁·J·S·艾塞克斯肯定是他的笔名
Martin J.S. Essex must be his pen name,
因为他是科里·辛普森
because that's Cory Simpson.
我原来还教过他呢
I used to teach him.
他是新西兰来的交换生
He was an exchange student from New Zealand.
你还跟他坐过同一辆车呢
You rode the bus with him.
他会坐在公交司机的大腿上
He'd sit on the bus driver's lap
因为如果看不到马路 他就会晕车
because he'd get car sick if he couldn't see the road.
对哦
Oh, yeah.
总是想他长大应该会成为一个公交司机
Always kind of assumed that he'd end up a bus driver.
谁都不要和我说话
Nobody talk to me.
我正在放松我的面部肌肉
I'm trying to rest my face muscles
这样我在拍小基的时候就能笑得最美了
so I can get the perfect smile for my kippie.