你这是干...
What are you do...
-别闹了好吗 -不准问问题
- Will you stop it? - No questions.
你好 内森
Hi, Nathan.
我是内森
It's me, Nathan.
该有的我都有 炫酷的工作
I got it all: a cool job,
宠爱我的老妈
a doting mother
还以一副极其好模仿的嗓音
and a surprisingly easy voice to mimic.
但是在厚厚的红石榴身体保湿喷雾之下
But underneath my thick coating of pomegranate body spray,
我是一个紧张的小男孩
is a nervous little boy,
害怕自己不被人爱
terrified that he'll never be loved.
可能就是因为这个我才在十岁的时候还尿床吧
Maybe that's why I wet my bed until I was ten.
等等 这是我妈告诉你的吗
Wait a second, did my mom tell you that?
我们玩了真心话大冒险
We were playing truth or dare,
要么她告诉我真话
and it was either tell me that
要么就脱掉裤子出去取邮件
or get the mail without pants on.
麦吉汽车租赁
你觉得自己最大的优点是什么
What would you say is your greatest strength?
我觉得应该是我超强的耐心吧
I feel like it's probably my patience,
这是我夏天去斯内克河避暑
which is something I got from my summers spent fly fishing
玩飞蝇钓鱼的时候学到的
on the Snake River.
行了 你这都第九次
Okay. That's the ninth time
在我们的面试中提到飞蝇钓鱼了
you've mention fly fishing during this interview.
你是不是谷歌♥我了
Did you Google me?
谷歌♥你
Google you?
我都不知道谷歌♥是什么
I don't even know what Google is.
这是个汽车租赁专业术语吗
Is that a car rental industry term?
你把谷歌♥停在外面了吗
Did you park the Google out back?
如果你不知道谷歌♥是什么
If you don't know what Google is,
那现在我们的面试就可以结束了
we can end this meeting right now.
不不 我开玩笑 开玩笑呢
No, no, I'm kidding. I'm kidding.
我当然知道谷歌♥是什么
Of course I know what Google is.
就好比你抛出一个单词
It's, uh, it's like when you cast a word out
抛到网上
into the Internet,
然后就可以把相关信息收回来
and then you reel the information back in.
我不喜欢钓鱼
Yeah, I don't fish.
但是 怀俄明州也有一个罗伯特·菲利普
However, there is a Robert Phillips who lives in Wyoming
一直往网上传什么飞蝇钓鱼的东西
who posts all kind of crap about fly fishing.
你好
Hello.
今天来 我是想表明
I'm here today to
我对你们公♥司♥的工作很感兴趣
express interest in your job offering today.
我正在面试呢
I'm in the middle of an interview.
马上就到你了
I will be right with you.
不 你现在就要面试我
No, you'll be with me right now.
要掌握主动权
Initiative.
简单介绍一下我自己
Little bit about myself,
我觉得自己最大的优点就是忠贞不二
I believe my greatest strength is my loyalty.
一旦我作出什么承诺 比如跟人搭档合作
When I commit to something, like, say, a partnership,
我就会信守承诺
I stick to that commitment.
就好比你在水深及膝盖的斯内克河里
It's like a trout caught on a well-cast line
放长线钓鳟鱼的时候
when you're knee-deep in the Snake River.
好了 我要报♥警♥了
Okay, I'm calling the cops.
先生 先生...
Oh, sir, sir...
我很钦佩你想养家糊口 求成心切的心情
I admire your eagerness to provide for your family,
但是你也没必要打断我们的面试吧
but there's no need to interrupt our meeting.
因为你这可要让自己还有别人
Because you're ruining your and other people's chances
都错失这份工作了
of getting the job.
所以如果你不介意 先在外面等等好吗
So if you don't mind to wait outside,
马上就会有人叫到你的 好吗
somebody will be with you shortly, okay?
-不 我只是... -好 非常感谢
- No, see... I just... - Okay, thank you very much.
其实这份工作主要就是对付好疯子
You know, half this job is handling crazy people
而不朝他们大吼大叫
without yelling at them.
你被录用了
You're hired.
是吗
Oh!
天哪 真是...
Oh, my God. Wow, um...
太谢谢了
Thank you.
不过你得先跟我解释一下
Well, as long as you can explain
为什么你会有这么多入店行窃罪名
these multiple shoplifting convictions.
天哪
Uh, oh, oh, my God.
其实你也谷歌♥错了人了
You know what, you have also Googled the wrong person.
另一个黛比·斯托克真是醉了
Damn that other Debbie Stoker.
她就是个笨蛋
Oh, she is such a kook.
不过我听说她确实是个美女呢
Although I hear she's quite beautiful.
晚上我会躺在床上担心
And at night, I lie awake worrying,
"我的生活还能更美好吗"
"Is this as good as my life is gonna get?
"单身离异 还跟自己老妈住对门"
"A divorced man living across the hall from my mother.
随便想个纽约号♥码就给人发短♥信♥"约吗 布莱恩"
"Texting, 'What's up, Brian?' to random New York numbers,
幻象有一天会误打误撞发给布莱恩·威廉姆斯
hoping one day I'll reach Brian Williams."
行了 别说了
Okay, stop.
别说了好吗
Stop, okay?
求你别说了
Just, please, just stop.
你说得对
You're right.
我是不完美
I'm not so great.
其实我之所以这么喜欢自言自语
In fact, the only reason I talk about myself so much
是因为我担心不会有人陪我
is because I'm worried that no one else will.
内森 我们成功了
Nathan, we did it.
你进步明显
You had a breakthrough.
好 你成功打击到我了
Okay, you broke me down,
接下来你会帮我重拾信心对吧
but next you-you build me back up, right?
求你快点 我讨厌这种感觉
Please hurry. I hate this feeling.
大家管这个叫什么来着 脆弱对吗
What do people call it, vulnerability?
好 在我帮你重拾信心前 我们需要扫荡一遍
Okay, before I build you up, we need to do a sweep.
就像把酒精全部倒入下水道一样
Like an alcoholic pouring booze down the drain.
我们得把让你自恋的东西都扔掉
We need to rid this place of your addiction.
你那个印着自己头像的杯子呢
Where's that mug with your mug on it?
在这下面
It's down there.
天哪 你竟然有两个吗
Oh, my God. You have two of these?
万一有姑娘来过夜
In case a girl stays over.
这是全部的了吗
Is this all of it?
是
Yes.
是
Yes.
是
Yes!
是
Yes!
不是
No.
棒球帽
Baseball caps?
钟表
A clock?
印着自己头像的毛巾
A towel with your face on it.
我在健身房♥擦脸的时候
When I'm drying my face at the gym,
不想让大家错失看到名人的机会
I don't want to deny people the chance of a celebrity sighting.
这些都是雷给你的吗
Ray gave you all of this?
每次我过生日 他就会带我出去吃晚餐
Look, on my birthday, he would take me out for dinner
然后就送我一样
and just get me one of those.
差不多都快成习惯了
It just kind of became our thing.
那你为他做过什么
And what did you do for him?
我说了谢谢啊
I said thank you.
天哪 天哪
Oh, my God, oh, my God.
这么多年来 他为我做了这么多
All these years, he's done so much for me
我却几乎没有回报他什么
and I've done almost nothing in return.
一定有什么办法我可以告诉他
There's got to be some kind of way that I can show him
我也关心在乎他
that I care about him
就跟他关心在乎我一样
just as much as he cares about me.
那一定得做出点大动作
Well, it would have to be some sort of grand gesture.
-对 -或许你可以给他写首感人至深的歌♥
- Yeah. - Maybe you could write him a big, heartfelt song.
找个有天赋的业余歌♥手唱给他听
Have it sung by a gifted amateur singer.
我知道了
Oh, you know what, I know.
我可以把他的头像印到东西上送给他
I could make him something with his face on it.
主意不错 或者你也可以考虑一下
Interesting, or there's that big song idea
给他写歌♥唱歌♥的主意
you just mentioned.
等等 我刚意识到 我就唱歌♥啊
Wait a minute, I just realized, I sing.
对对对
Yes, yes, yes.
我可以给他做一个"雷之日历"
I will make him a "Ray of the Month" Calendar.
写上一雷