"苦甜曼哈顿"前情提要...
Previously on Sweetbitter...
我真的会实习失败吗
Can I actually fail my trails?
当然了 大多数人都实习失败了
Of course. Most people do fail the trails.
下班后喝一杯 每晚都这样
Shift drinks. Happens every night.
这... 不是让你一口喝完的
It's, uh-- it's not a shot.
当然 当然不是了
Uh, no. Of course not.
-我们不是一对 -这样啊
- We're not together. - Oh.
我们是青梅竹马
We grew up together.
咱们的活计 很艰辛
Our job, it's hard.
然后我们把工作上的不顺心
And then we come here,
带到这消耗掉
and we burn off our shifts.
你很明显是消耗完了
And you are clearly burning it off.
上菜 羊肉一号♥位 柠檬鲈鱼二号♥位 鸡肉三号♥位
Pick up, lamb 1, branzino 2, chicken 3.
-当心点儿 -抱歉
- Watch it. - Sorry.
-香肠烩土豆上菜 -很好
- Sausage potatoes up! - Nice.
上菜 19号♥桌 虾一号♥位 纽约客牛排二号♥位 羊肉三号♥位
Pick up! 19, shrimp 1, strip steak 2, lamb 3.
我♥操♥
Oh! Fuck!
你♥他♥妈♥来搞笑的吗
Are you fucking kidding me?
-真对不起 -鞑靼肉脍上菜 B5区
- I am so, so sorry. - Pick up tartare B5!
头脑发达 四肢简单
Big head, little arms.
-你说什么 -怎么了
- Excuse me? - What happened?
-我... -她在疯狂捣乱
- I... - She's fucking up service!
-我被烫了 对不起 -别担心 伙计
- It burned me. I'm sorry. - No worries, man.
-我们会解决的 -真牛逼
- We got this. - Great.
威尔和他需要特殊照顾的新后厨服务生
Will and his new special-needs backwaiter
-"会解决的" 傻♥逼♥ -拿点薯片跟着过来
- "Got this." Asshole. - Just some chips for a follow.
重做纽约客牛排 五成熟 日他妈的
Re-fire strip steak, medium-rare, Jesus fuck!
太好了
Great.
主厨现在恨死我了
Now Chef hates me.
-那不是主厨 -不是吗
- That's not Chef. - That's not?
不是 那是斯科特 他是副主厨
No, that's Scott. He's a sous-chef.
-那主厨呢 -在迈阿密吧
- Where's Chef? - In Miami?
反正他也不会来这 别理斯科特
He's never here anymore. Don't worry about Scott.
你有一堆打翻盘子的前辈们
You're not the first person to ever drop a plate.
-盘子好烫 -对啊
- They're hot. - Yeah.
热乎乎的食物才是重点
Hot food. That's the point.
所以只要斯科特一打招呼
That's why everyone in the restaurant
餐厅里所有人都去端菜 霍华德也不例外
picks up when Scott calls. Even Howard.
你能学会的 只需要多练习
You'll get it. You just have to practice.
-我在练习 -小妹
- I am. - Ss.
别委屈了 还要服务宾客呢
Shake it off. We've got guests.
你们好啊 朋友们
Hi, folks, there's a tiny bit
纽约客牛排要稍等一会儿 但是希望
of a delay on that strip steak, but hopefully
本店著名的薯片能让你们先忙活一阵
our famous potato chips will keep you busy for a moment.
谨表敬意
And with compliments.
薯片是厚切并双煎的
Thick cut and double fried.
谢谢
Thanks.
-点缀得不错 -谢谢夸奖
- That was a nice flourish. - Thanks.
我去端牛排
I'll go get the steak.
你知道我在努力 对吗
You know I am trying, right?
我知道
I know.
我刚摔碎了一个盘子
I just dropped a plate.
因为不熟练一次端三盘
It's this three-plate carry thing.
我的致命弱点[阿喀琉斯之踵]是端托盘
Huh. My Achilles heel was tray service.
相信我 摔碎香槟杯才是最要命的
Believe me, it was a graveyard of broken champagne flutes.
-西蒙娜 -怎么了
- Simone? - Yes.
赛琳娜打来电♥话♥
I have Serena on the line.
-是吗 -她希望我们今晚
- Oh? - She was hoping we could
能给她安排位置
squeeze her in tonight.
给我看看
Show me.
好像都满了
looks pretty committed.
我能试着换掉米勒家
I could try to bump the Millers
不行 这是周年纪念
No, it's an anniversary.
半年前就订好了
It was booked six months ago.
但赛琳娜是店友
I mean, Serena's an alumni
本森先生还是雅士
and Mr. Benson is soigné.
人人都是雅士
Everyone is soigné.
可惜的是 我们不能这么仓促地
Unfortunately, we can't accommodate
满足赛琳娜的要求
Serena on such short notice.
要是你想 我可以去跟霍华德谈谈
Well, I can talk to Howard if you'd like.
不用了 多谢
No. Thank you.
用不着你去替我跟霍华德谈
I don't need you to talk to Howard for me.
知道了 行吧
Got it. Okay.
赛琳娜是谁
Who's Serena?
一个能同时端三盘的女人
A woman who could three-plate carry.
听着
Hey.
能轻而易举做成的事
The things that come easily to us
反而无法定义我们
are not what define us.
我们要通过挑战自我 找到极限
We find the edges by challenging ourselves.
我们不在客人面前喝水
And we don't drink water on the floor.
威尔...
Oh, Will, um...
你能帮我个忙吗
Could you maybe do me a favor?
你这个小贼
You little thief.
我都会还回去的
I'm returning it all.
这里难不成还藏着根意大利熏火腿
Is there a leg of prosciutto lying around somewhere
-还是说 -哈哈
- or? - Ha-ha.
我说过 我一直在练习
I told you I've been practicing.
瞧这个
Hey, watch this.
其实我已经很擅长这么干了
I'm actually getting pretty good at it.
瞧
Hey?
品味独特 内涵深刻
Style and substance.
让人一见难忘
It's very, very impressive.
谢谢夸奖
Thanks.
我只需要再学会端盘子
I just got to get these plates down.
很高兴你问了我
I'm glad you asked.
好吧
Yep.
那么...
So...
你那运动员式壮硕的男友有啤酒或别的吗
Does your really athletic boyfriend have any beers or?
你误会了 这都是我的东西
Uh, no, no. This is all my stuff.
-这样啊 -没错 我喜欢举重
- Oh. - Yeah, no, I-I love pumping iron.
好吧
Yeah.
开玩笑的 这是我室友杰西的
No, it's my roommate's, Jesse.
这是他的房♥子 但我没怎么见过他
It's his place, but I, uh--I never see him.
他是搞金融的
He works in finance.
其实我从没见过他
Uh, I've actually never seen him.
不赖 谢谢
Nice. Thank you.
好了 咱们从端三盘菜开始
Okay, so let's start with the tripod.
你... 你是右撇子还是左撇子
Are you, um--are you a rightie or are you a leftie?
右撇子
Uh, rightie.
那就把左手给我
Then give me your left hand.
那么 这些...
So, uh, these...
你掰不过去的
Ow. Doesn't go that way.
肯定能
It will.
在你的小手指变得足够强壮之前
Um, until your pinkie gets strong enough,
把盘子的大部分重量压在胳膊上
you want to rest most of the plate on your arm.
然后你皮肤的摩擦力
And then the--the friction from your skin
能确保它不移位
will keep it in place.
好的
Okay.
但是 如果你要这样做的话
But, if you are gonna do it that way,
就得习惯那股热劲了
then you are gonna have to get used to the heat.
是滴
Yep.
-你没看错 -老天啊 好吧
- This is happening. - Oh, God. Okay.
我看行了
That'll do it.
好
Yep.
来
Here.
看着我
Look at me.
今天你以为自己烫伤了
Today, you thought you burned yourself.
那不是烫伤
That wasn't a burn.
连印子都没留
It didn't even leave a mark.
也就疼一下 然后就消失了
It hurts for a second, and then it fades.