you don't lose any of the carbonation,
而这差不多算是喝香槟的意义了 不是吗
which is kind of the whole point, don't you think?
香槟是帝王之酒
It's the wine of kings.
你以前喝过真正的香槟吗
You ever had real champagne before?
没有
No.
有什么区别吗
What's the difference?
香槟其实是一个地名
Champagne is a place, actually,
在法国北部 那里土壤比较独特
in Northern France, with a very specific terroir.
土壤
Terroir.
念得很好 土壤
Good, terroir.
字面意思就是"土地"
Uh, the literal translation is "Earth."
或者"大地"
Or "The ground."
诞生于这个世界的一切事物
Everything that is born into this world
都凭借它自身独特的气候
comes through its very own particular climate,
土壤 年份别于其他
and soil, and time of year.
品酒的精髓就在于...
And the idea with wine is that you can...
你能品尝到土壤的气息
You can taste the terroir.
香槟就比较复杂
Champagne is a tricky one.
它由多种葡萄酒混合并发酵
Um, it's been mass-produced and corrupted.
然而...
Yet...
它的精髓绝不会被搞错
Its essence is unmistakable.
我曾听到有人描述香槟为
Once heard someone describe champagne as
被生奶油包裹的剑
a sword wrapped in whipped cream.
听着很做作 是吧
Sounds pretentious, doesn't it?
我知道餐厅的人都这么说我
I know it grates on everybody at the restaurant.
哪有 没有的事
No, it--no, it doesn't.
瞧
Yeah.
你装都装不出来
You couldn't even say that.
好啦 是有一点点
Okay, maybe a little.
但那只是因为你在任何方面
But it's only because you're better at everything
比任何人都强
than everyone,
如果你离开的话 他们肯定会不知所措
and if you were gone they wouldn't know what to do.
他们能行
They managed.
比如我在法国住的那会儿
Uh, when I lived in France.
你在法国住过
You lived in France?
事实上 就在香槟区
In Champagne, actually.
好奇怪啊
That's so weird.
奇怪吗
Weird?
我也不知道 我就...
I don't know, I just...
我无法想象你在餐厅以外的其他地方
I can't even imagine you anywhere but the restaurant.
你打算怎么度过休息日剩下的时间呢
So what're you doing with the rest of your day?
我得收拾行李
I have to pack.
你要去科德角了 对吧
You're going to the Cape, right?
他之前提过吗
Did he mention that?
是的
Yeah.
我可以帮你收拾啊
Uh, I could help you pack.
好吧
Okay.
敬奶酪
To cheese.
科德角很美吧
Is the Cape beautiful?
是的 但我们不是去度假
Yes, it is, but we're not going for a vacation.
而是打算卖♥♥掉我们的房♥子 要先去打扫一下
We're selling our house. We have to clean it out.
你们俩不是住隔壁吗
Don't you guys live next door to each other?
是啊 但是
We did, but, um,
他母亲过世后 就跟我们一起住了
he moved in with us after his mother died.
他母亲过世了
His mom died?
对
Yes.
他那时多大
How old was he?
八岁 然后他...
He was eight. And he...
搬到了我家 到头来变成了我照顾他
moved in with my family and I ended up taking care of him.
所以你就像他的第二个妈妈
So you're like a second mom to him?
差不多吧
Something like that.
现在只叫他回家一天 都像小孩似的耍赖
Now he's being a brat about going away for one day.
我能理解
Well, it makes sense.
毕竟那里发生了那么多
Uh, after what happened there.
他的母亲过世
His mother dying.
只去一天罢了
Well, it's one day.
我觉得这并不强人所难
I don't think it's too much to ask.
会是谁呢
Huh. I have no idea.
-谢谢 -不客气
- Thanks. - You're welcome.
我的天
Oh, my God.
简直...
I mean...
你不看看是谁送的吗
Aren't you gonna see who sent them?
我知道
I know.
一个认为自己想要什么
They're from a man who thinks he can have
就能得到什么的人送的
everything he wants.
那你想让我处理掉吗
Well, do you want me to get rid of them?
没了
Gone.
-再来吗 -当然
- More? - Yeah.
给
Here.
我一会再收拾
I'll clean this up later.
我能进去吗
Can I get in?
当然
Sure.
现在我再也不要走了
Now I'm never gonna leave.
我今天碰到了老家来的人
I ran into some people from home today.
那俩人觉得我独自来这儿 简直是疯了
Two people who think I'm crazy for coming here alone.
这的确不是个平凡的选择
Well, it's not the usual choice.
但不是个错误吧
It's not a mistake, is it?
到这里来
Coming here?
不是
No.
不
No.
纽约从来不是个错误
New York is never a mistake.
但杰克 是错误
Jake, however, is.
有些男人为了显得有趣 喜欢假装自己伤痕累累
Some men like to pretend that they are damaged and dangerous
危险重重 但有些男人不必假装
for the effect, but some men actually are.
他们可不是以后讲来很酷的故事
And they won't just be a cool story for later.
好吧 但没关系 是吧
Yeah, it won't matter, will it?
我猜 从来就没什么关系
I mean, I guess it never does.
我没有妈妈
I don't have a mother.
我知道
I know.
我觉得咱们不必再重来一遍了
I don't think we need to go over this again.
回头联♥系♥ 亲爱的
I'll call you back, my love.
你睡得好吗
Did you have a nice sleep?
好
Yeah.
算好吧
I guess so.
现在几点了
What time is it?
六点
6:00.
看来真是睡得太舒服了
I guess I was comfortable.
你真的美爆了
You look beautiful.
要见送花的人吗
Is it for flower man?
谢谢你的烤奶酪
Uh, well, thanks for the grilled cheese.
和香槟
And the champagne.
我的荣幸 随时奉陪
My pleasure. Any time.
真的吗
Really?
对 当然了
Yes, of course.
好的
Uh, okay,
旅途愉快 你回来后再见
Have a good trip. I'll see you when you're back.
对了 书
Oh, the books.
谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢 先生们
Thank you, gentlemen.
我们这么浪费真是吓人
It's amazing how much we waste here.
你不是休假吗
Isn't it your day off?
对 是在休假
Yep. Yes, it is.
快他妈饿死了
Fucking starving!
瞧啊 可爱宝贝在黑暗里潜伏
Oh, look, baby monster lurking in the shadows.
我刚跟几个朋友在附近
I--I was just with some friends nearby.
骗子
Liar.
你们去家堂酒吧吗
You guys going to Home Bar?
我们去吃饭
We're gonna eat.
听我的 去我的地盘 四川菜
My choice, my place. Sichuan.
-要来吗 -什么
- Wanna come? - What?
纽约最他妈的好吃的食物 来啊