剧集 | 江湖郎中(2017) | 导航列表
你肯定能打动他
I'm sure you will be able to.
我会尽力的
And I shall do my very best.
你熟悉他的作品吗
Do you know his works well?
伦敦怎么可能有人没读过狄更斯的所有作品
What man in London hasn't read all of Dickens?
你的手套很好看 卡洛琳
Those are lovely gloves you have, Caroline.
谢谢
Thank you.
它们戴在我手上 所以...
I wear them on my hands, so...
很好看
They are lovely.
不好意思
Oh, please excuse me.
我们好像到了
Ah, we are here, I believe.
大作家马上就下来
The great man will be down shortly.
能来到这里真是太荣幸了 布拉德伯里先生
Such an honour to be here, Mr Bradbury.
荣幸的是我
The honour is mine.
亲爱的朋友们 原谅我
Dear friends, forgive me.
我刚才在给我为堕落女性开办的慈善机构寄钱
I've been sending money to my charity for fallen women.
-你一定是莱辛夫人 -是我
- You must be the delightful Mrs Lessing. - Yes.
感谢你写了那么多封信
Thank you so much for all your many letters of support
热情地支持我的工作 我的事业
and enthusiasm for my work and for my causes,
我珍惜每一封
I cherish every one.
你太客气了 狄更斯先生
You're most welcome, Mr Dickens.
这是我朋友 威廉·艾嘉先生
This is my friend, Mr William Agar.
快请坐 快坐
Sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit, sit.
请原谅我的打扮
Forgive my appearance.
我一整个早上都怀着怜悯和恐惧的心情写作
I've been writing all morning in a state of pity and terror,
调动新场景所需要的情绪
summoning the emotions needed for a new scene.
我一直哭
I've been crying,
带着泪写作
but writing through my tears.
我一边哭一边写
I've been crying and writing.
我也有这样的经历
I have days like that.
但当然了 我并没有写作
But without the writing, obviously.
我特别喜欢你周二的《老古玩店》朗读会
I so enjoyed your reading of Curiosity Shop on Tuesday.
那是你的小说中我最喜欢的一本
It's my favourite of your novels.
-夫人 -光明和黑暗的比例
- Dear lady. - The proportions of light and shade and
还有喜剧和悲剧的比例安排得太恰当了
comedy and pathos are so beautifully judged.
我这辈子感到最触动的一次
I don't think I've been more moved by anything in my life
就是看到小内尔在《老古玩店》结尾死去
than the death of Little Nell at the end of Curiosity Shop.
没有哪个律师或者医生比他更用心写作
And no barrister or physician ever worked harder at a book.
谢谢 我试着不用笔写作
Thank you, all. I try to write not with the pen but...
而是用血
with blood...
和药物
..and dynamite.
你最喜欢我笔下的哪个角色
Which of my characters is YOUR favourite?
我喜欢
I love...
《匹克威克外传》里的匹克威克
the character of Pickwick in The Pickwick Papers.
他确实很厉害
He is wonderful, isn't he?
还有谁
Who else?
我非常喜欢
I like very much...
《董贝父子》里的董贝
Dombey in Dombey And Sons.
但他还没出现呢
Oh, but he hasn't appeared yet.
我现在正在写他
He's who I'm currently writing.
是啊
Yes.
我说的是我喜欢他名字的发音
Yes, what I mean is I love the sound of it.
等不及了 等不及
Cannot wait - cannot wait -
读这个人物了
for that one.
你还喜欢哪个角色
Which of my other characters do you enjoy?
我真的很喜欢听读者对我作品的感想
I do so love to hear readers' reactions to my creations.
我喜欢...
I love...
喜欢的角色太多了
There's so many to choose from!
是啊
Yes.
查夫文克尔先生
Mr Chuffwinkle.
不好意思 我是说查夫斯尼夫先生
Sorry, I mean...Mr Chuffsniff?
你是说查菲先生还是文克尔先生
Do you mean Mr Chuffey or Mr Winkle?
我指的是他们两个人
Both of them.
-他应该是指佩克斯尼夫一家 -对 他
- I think he means the Pecksniffs. - Yes, him.
-他们 -对
- Them. - Yes.
哪个
Which?
-哪个 -哪个
- Which? - Which?
-哪个 -哪个佩克斯尼夫
- Which? - Which of the Pecksniffs?
全部
all of them.
但哪一个佩克斯尼夫
But which of the Pecksniffs...
你最喜欢
...is your favourite?
那个...
The one...
侏儒
...who's a dwarf.
狄更斯 莱辛太太写了一篇很棒的文章
Dickens, Mrs Lessing has written a wonderful paper
反对儿童长时间工作
objecting to the long hours many children have to work.
这个主题我深有同感
Oh, well, that's a subject very close to my heart,
剥削我们的儿童 是不对的
the exploitation of our children... is wrong.
没错 而且对我们的社会造成了极大的伤害
Yes, and I think extremely harmful to our society.
给我们扫烟囱的孩子才六岁
Now, our chimney sweep, who's only six,
他上周每天得工作14个小时
had to work 14 hours a day last week.
没错 而且经常连午饭都没得吃
Yes, and often it's without lunch.
你有没听说过"9小时运动"
Are you aware of the Nine-Hour Movement, sir,
那个运动致力于将儿童工作时长
that seeks to limit the number of hours a child
限制在每天9小时以内
can work to nine hours a day?
我是"10小时运动"的发起人之一
Well, I'm a founder member of the Ten-Hour Movement.
这还少了一小时
Ah, well, this is one hour better,
所以也许值得你的考虑
so may be worth your consideration.
我个人则决心要打击公开处决
I myself am determined to campaign against public executions.
我认为这对公众的思想有害
I believe they are damaging to the public's minds
会引起集体狂乱
and cause frenzy.
她的想法很有趣
Her idea is interesting.
你一定要把文章寄给我
You must send me your paper.
其实我带来了
Well...I have it here with me.
太好了
Oh, wonderful.
吃完晚餐再看
After dinner.
好的 谢谢
Yes. Thank you.
不知您能否跟我们说说您今天的经历
Now, I wonder if you might tell us a little about your day.
我很想知道大人物的一天是怎样度过的
I'd love to learn what a typical day involves for a great man
-比如说你 -亲爱的女士
- such as yourself. - Dear lady.
昨天我精神很好
Well, yesterday I was in fine spirits.
我早上4点就在布罗德斯泰斯的住所醒来
I awoke at 4am at my lodgings in Broadstairs.
位于伦敦东南部的小镇
是狄更斯一些作品的创作地
早餐前就写了5千字
I'd written 5,000 words by breakfast.
和我的一个女仆稍坐片刻
After a brief sit-down with one of my maids,
我便步行到伦敦 花了4小时
I walked into London, that took four hours,
然后到萨瑟克区吃了五道菜的午餐
and I arrived in Southwark for a five-course lunch,
头盘是牡蛎馅饼
which began with some oyster patties.
乙♥醚♥
鸦♥片♥酊
氯仿
氯仿
莱辛先生 有来自肯辛顿的消息
Mr Lessing, a message from Kensington.
尼尔森-托伊夫人的病情严重恶化
Lady Neilson-Toy has taken a severe turn for the worst.
傍晚 我寻找那些古怪之人
In the evening, I seek out the quaint
与奇特之士
and the queer
在我唯信仰论的夜晚
on my antinomian nights...
-何时... -身边有几位年轻男子陪伴
- When... - I'm accompanied by a few young men,
有报社记者和年轻作家
journalists and young writers
他们都希望从"独一无二"之人身上汲取快乐
seeking pleasure in the company of the inimitable.
狄更斯曾在家人和朋友面前戏称自己"独一无二"
"独一无二"之人是谁
Who's the inimitable?
街头魔术师吗
Is he a street magician?
原来是指你啊
Oh, you're the inimitable.
当然了
Yes, of course.
你也来了
Oh, you're here.
她病情恶化 发高烧
She's deteriorated. She has a high fever.
脉搏跳动很快
Her pulse is very rapid.
我想你需要立刻做手术
I think you need to operate now.
我同意
I concur.
我能帮你什么
What can I do for you?
把窗户打开
Open the window.
然后跳出去
And jump out of it.
我帮你给她翻身吧
I'll turn her for you.
这样帮上你了吗
剧集 | 江湖郎中(2017) | 导航列表