and he made some phone calls for me,
让我参加一场甄选
and... I got an audition!
甄选
An audition?
对 -真的吗 什么的
Yeah. - Oh, really? For w-what?
电视影集
A network drama.
是《实习医生》衍生剧的外传的外传
And it's an offshoot of an offshoot of a Grey's Anatomy spinoff.
角色是一个皮肤科医生的母亲
And it's for the mother of a dermatologist,
所以她有背景故事 奥利佛 还有台词
so she has a backstory, Oliver. And, uh, lines, you know?
制♥作♥人说他们可能会让她跛脚
And the producer said they might give her a limp.
好
Yeah.
所以很有意思
So... it's juicy.
但话题可以回到 你说我的音乐剧「太棒了」吗
But can we go back to the thing about my musical being brilliant, you said?
对 总之呢
Oh, yeah! So, anyway...
把这出戏变成音乐剧很怪 奥利佛
Making this into a musical is... odd, Oliver.
但讽刺的是 那可能会让它更平易近人
But, ironically, that might be what makes it accessible.
其实《异形奇花》的筹备期间
You know, I was in the original cast of Little Shop of Horrors,
我是在原始卡司里的
when they were workshopping it.
他们当时叫它《吃我 西蒙》...
Uh, back then, they were calling it Eat Me, Seymour.
《喂我 西蒙》
N-- Feed Me, Seymour!
对 「喂我」 -没错
That was it. - Yeah, "Feed Me."
那出戏也没人看得懂
And nobody got that show either, you know?
因为它有会唱歌♥的植物 实在很疯狂
Because it's a singing plant. It was just like lunacy!
但它成功了 为什么
But it worked. Why?
因为它的核心只是一个简单的故事
Because, at heart, it's just a simple story of a boy
会为心爱的女孩赴汤蹈火的男孩
who would do anything for the girl he loves.
那出戏有多浮夸 吵闹 疯狂都不重要
You know, it didn't matter how big and loud and crazy it was.
因为它给人真实感
It was just because it felt true, and...
没错 你真的懂 -对
Exactly. You get it. - Yeah.
各位 罗芮塔就懂
Everybody! Loretta gets it!
我们想多狂野和刺♥激♥都行
We can be as wild and exciting as we want!
后来角色给艾伦格林了
Yeah. And Ellen Greene got that part.
是啊
Yeah.
她很不错
She was good.
她很厉害
She was great!
电影大受欢迎
It was a big hit.
只要我们有心 我们也能大受欢迎
And we could have a hit, as long as we find the heart.
一点也没错 -对
Oh, absolutely. - Yeah.
我们在台上的心会多到
W-We are gonna have so much heart on stage
连观众席上的心脏科医师都会大叫
that even cardiologists in the audience are gonna be screaming,
「心已经够多了 谢谢哦」
"That's enough heart for me! Thank you very much!"
等等 谁会大叫 -好 开始吧
Wait, who's gonna be screaming? - Okay, let's get to it.
奥利佛 -从头来 准备好了吗
Oliver? - From the top. Ready?
签名照找到了吗
How's the headshot hunt coming?
也许在这个《毒蛇侠》的大理石蛇蛋底下
Uh, maybe it's under this marble snake egg from CoBro.
没有
Nope.
你有找到你的... -吊杆麦克风
Any luck finding your... A boom mic.
我把吊杆麦克风留在这里 后来班就死了
Left my boom mic here before Ben died.
所以我只是在找它
Um, so now, I'm just, just looking for it.
你的吊杆麦克风会在抽屉里
You think your boom mic is in a drawer?
听着 玛格 我... -是梅宝
Listen, Margo-- - Mabel.
抱歉 你是在嘲笑我的名字吗 托伯特
I'm sorry. You were making fun of my name, Tobert?
我们显然都有所盘算
You know what, we're both clearly up to something...
显然也都很不会撒谎
...and we're both clearly pretty shitty liars.
不如你忙你的 我忙我的 然后我们都能...
So how about we do this? You do you, and I'll do me, and then we can both--
靠
Oh, shit. Uh...
衣橱
Armoire.
啥 为什么 -快点
What? Wh-- Why? Now!
他还在收拾
He's still packing.
你在为线上电台找东西
You're looking for something for your podcast.
我认得你的声音
Thought I recognized your voice.
真好笑 我想象过你长什么样子
It's funny, I kinda had a mental image of what you look like.
你跟我预期的不一样
You are not what I expected.
好 所以你听过线上电台
Okay, so you listened to the podcast.
第一季比第二季好一点 但蛮可爱的
I liked the first season a little better than the second season, but it was cute.
可爱
Cute?
我是说我喜欢 -谢了
I mean, I liked it. - Thanks.
我知道拿运动摄影机跟拍班葛兰罗伊 不是高级艺术
I know it's not the high art of following Ben Glenroy around with a GoPro,
我们尽力了
but we tried.
该死
Dammit.
该死 班
Goddammit, Ben.
为什么
Why?
对不起
Sorry!
真对不起 班
I'm so sorry, Ben.
找班请说...找迪奇请说
Go for Ben. Or, g-go for Dickie.
好 我可以等
Uh, yeah, I'll hold.
一 二 然后螃蟹人来了 -什么人
One and a-two! And here come the crab men! The what?
螃蟹人在繁殖...繁殖
And the crab men are breeding! Breeding! Breeding! Breeding!
现在保母出场
And now, cue the nanny!
谁会去那里
? Who goes there? ?
夜行生物
ALL ? The creatures of the night! ?
总是个开始
Well, it's a start. Uh...
给我一点时间 让我整理一下想法
Give me, uh, one or two seconds t-t-t-to collect my thoughts.
你完蛋了 帕南
You're screwed, Putnam!
你的梦想灰飞烟灭了
Your dreams are dust now!
欢迎来到地狱
Welcome to Hell!
你就是你自己的撒旦
And you're your own Satan!
什么事
Yes?
我只想说替代性筹资也许会减少你的压力
I'm just saying that maybe alternative financing might reduce your stress. - Don't touch me.
各位 我们就快要练好了
Well... Guys, we are so, so close.
我们明天早上再重新开始吧
Why don't we start fresh tomorrow morning?
对 在士气高昂时结束总是最好的
Yeah. Yeah, it's always best to end when you're on a high.
或接近高昂时
Or near a high. - Oh, yes.
你看他们 因为恨我而变得要好
Look at them. Bonding over their hatred of me.
没什么比共同的敌人更有凝聚力了
Nothing brings people together like a common enemy.
或是好吃的起司拼盘
That, or a good cheese plate.
事实上 我或许能见缝插针
Actually, that might be my in.
奥利佛 你介意我推你出去当替死鬼吗
Oliver, how would you feel if I threw you under the bus?
请自便
You know, knock yourself out.
我正想自己去死一死
I was about to throw myself in front of one.
我刚才不是要侮辱你
I didn't mean to insult you earlier, okay?
好 我不该用「可爱」这个词
I shouldn't have led with the word "cute."
你们的线上电台很创新 高明
I actually think your podcast is innovative.
粗糙得令人耳目一新
It's smart, it's unpolished in a refreshing way.
欢迎你留下五星评论
Feel free to leave a five-star review.
而且很可爱
And it was cute.
做这份工作前 我在波札那待了一年
Before this job, I was in Botswana for a year,
追踪很不可思议的象群 你去过吗
tracking this incredible herd of elephants. Have you been?
我大多在布朗克斯动物园追踪大象
I do most of my elephant following at the Bronx Zoo.
我强烈推荐波札那 那里的景观 民众 食物
Botswana, I strongly recommend. The landscape, the people, the food.
天啊 你得试试菲库克 一种很好吃的炸面团
Oh God, you gotta try vetkoek. It's this amazing fried dough,
里面可以塞各种馅料
you can put a whole lot of different things in it.
肉末或美味的咖哩
Minced meats or these great curries.
我在杰克森高地发现一间好店
I actually found a terrific place in Jackson Heights.
每天早上都去吃菲库克配果酱
I go every morning for one with a little bit of jam.
我记得它在87街跟...
Uh, it's on, I wanna say 87th and...
我在闲扯吗
Am I rambling?
少聊点面团 多聊点大象好了
Maybe less dough, more elephants.
好 有个地方叫奥卡万戈三角洲
Okay. So, there's this place, the Okavango Delta.
一年有三次 那块盆地会被淹没 然后好几千只动物...
Three times a year, the basin floods, and thousands of animals,
真的是好几千只 都会退到一个地方
I mean thousands, they all descend in one place.
我一个人在那里待了几周 就在树上
And I was there for weeks alone, just perched in a tree,
近距离观赏大自然的美
watching nature, in all of its intimate beauty.
还有恐怖
And horror.
总之 有一次我从树上的藏身处
Anyway, um, there's this one time where I'm perched up in the tree,
望出去 结果看到一只小象
and I'm looking out, and I see this baby elephant
被困在泥沼里
getting stuck in the mud.
我在树上 但我也在十字路口
And, you know, I'm up in a tree, but I'm also at a crossroads
因为我该跳下去救小象
because should I hop down and save the elephant?
还是该尽纪录片导演的职责 拍下发生的事呢
Or should I do my job as a documentarian, and just film what happens, you know?
洪水让情况变得很棘手 因为有...
And with flooding, it's tricky because you gotta--
好 我不是不喜欢这个国家地理时刻
剧集 | 公寓大楼里的谋杀案(2021) | 导航列表