And if I don't have 20 pages by 3:00 today,
如果我今天3点前写不出20页内容
I'm gonna get punched in the face. Who, your editor?
我就会被揍脸 被谁 你的编辑吗
No. Some guy I hired off Craigslist.
不是 我从招聘网雇的一个人
Wait, so you hired a man to punch you in the face
等等 你雇了一个人 你写不完20页
if you don't write 20 pages?
就叫他揍你的脸
Yeah. I have no idea what he looks like, either.
对 还有 我不知道他长什么样
You know, I would have punched you in the face for free.
我愿意免费揍你的脸
Well, I got somebody. Okay.
我已经雇人了 好吧
Well, anyway, I have a real problem,
总之 我有个真正的麻烦
one that I didn't bring on myself.
不是我自找的
I'm just really slammed.
我只是写不出来很沮丧
So, I'm a detective now and I have to testify in these trials.
我现在是警探 我得出庭作证
But you know I get rattled on the stand.
但你知道我站在证人席就会紧张
Can you repeat the question?
你能重复一遍问题吗
I asked you if you'd like me to repeat the question.
我问你需不需要我重复一遍问题
Can you repeat the question?
你能重复一遍问题吗
Can you have her repeat the question?
你能叫她重复一遍问题吗
Let's dig in. Thank you.
我们来研究吧 谢谢
When I was at law school, I-I learned
我在法学院学到
that if somebody falls apart on the stand,
如果有人在法庭上崩溃
it's mostly because they're hiding something.
很可能是因为他们有所隐瞒
So, I guess my question to you, Detective, is:
我要问你的问题是
what are you hiding? Nothing.
你在隐藏什么 没什么
Nothing? I have nothing to hide.
没什么 我没什么可隐瞒的
Well, maybe not on this case, but perhaps you're hiding
也许跟此案无关 但也许你在隐瞒
something from... your past?
你的某段过去
Objection. Form of a question.
反对 不是提问
Withdrawn. Isn't it true, Detective,
撤回 警探
that this could be the result of a guilty conscience?
这会不会是因为你有罪恶感
I have nothing to be guilty about.
我没什么好有罪恶感的
Ladies and gentlemen, are we buying this?
女士们先生们 大家相信吗
'Cause I'm not.
我就不相信
My question is about the night of January 12.
我的问题与1月12日那晚有关
Wait, what? No, no, no. No, no. 2001.
等等 什么 不不不 2001年
Nick, that is a cold case and I won't discuss it any further.
尼克 那是过去的事 我不会再谈论
Well, looks like we're discussing it now.
看样子我们现在就要谈论
I was not masturbating!
我当时没在打飞机
Easy, Winston. You just screamed "Masturbating."
冷静 温斯顿 你刚刚高喊了"打飞机"
What are you doing, man? Sorry.
你在干嘛啊 抱歉
Okay.
好了
Jess, we have four hours.
杰茜 我们有4小时
What are they doing?
他们在干什么
What are they doing? What are they doing? What are they doing?
他们在干什么 他们在干什么...
What are they doing? What are they doing?
他们在干什么 他们在干什么
What are, what are they doing?!
他们到底在干什么呢
We're practicing our breathing.
我们在练习呼吸
Oh. Oh, okay, oh, well, good, wonderful.
好吧 很好 棒极了
So, you're teaching Ruth how to do the one thing
你在教露丝做
she's known how to do since birth.
她一出生就会做的事
Do you want to get one of your other teacher friends
你想找另一个教师朋友
to prep your child for free?
免费帮你孩子做准备吗
I didn't think so.
我就知道不会
So shut your souphole.
闭上你的嘴
Oh, look, it's Happy Sock.
你瞧 是快乐袜袜
Hi, Happy Sock. Hi.
你好 快乐袜袜 你好
See, Schmidt?
看见没 施密特
We're not cutting circles; we're being circles.
我们不是在剪圆 我们就是圆
Right. Of course.
好吧 当然了
Ruth can't hold a scissor, but now she can
露丝不会拿剪刀 但她现在可以像傻子一样
twirl around like a goon at a Phish show.
在费西合唱团表演现场转圈圈
Okay, well, now you're just napping.
你们现在就只是在睡觉
We're not napping, we're going on a brain exploration.
我们不是在睡觉 而是在探索大脑
I take that back, actually.
好吧 这话我收回
Ruth is napping.
露丝的确在睡觉
Okay, well, that's enough, Jess.
够了 杰茜
You're sending Ruth straight to Triangles. You hear that?
你这是直接把露丝送入三角幼儿园 听见了吗
That's the schoolyard chickens.
那是操场的鸡叫声
And they're... and they're pecking at Ruth.
它们在啄露丝
And this time, they want her eyes.
这次 它们想啄她的眼睛
I need my eyes for TV.
我需要眼睛来看电视
Oh, honey, don't you worry about a thing, okay?
宝贝 不用担心
Daddy's gonna take over now.
接下来交给爸爸
But the clock is a-ticking,
但时间不多了
so let's start with a drill.
我们先从Drill[演练]开始
No. No drills.
不 不能演练
DRILL is an acronym.
"Drill"是缩写
D: Do it. R: Redo it.
"D"代表"去做" "R"代表"再做一次"
I: Imitate what you just did.
"I"代表"模仿刚才做的"
L: Learn to keep doing it.
第一个"L"代表"学会继续做"
L: Live the rest of your life doing it.
第二个"L"代表"余生都这么做"
Drill, drill, drill.
这就是"Drill"的含义
Technically, that's an acrostic.
严格来说 这是离合诗
Sweet burn, Jess.
怼得漂亮 杰茜
Yeah. You got me. DRILL.
被你说中了 "Drill"
And again.
再来一遍
Red, yellow, orange, green.
红 黄 橙 绿
And that is how you earn a dollar in America.
这就是在美国赚一美刀的方法
She's not your child, she's not your child...
她不是你的孩子 她不是你的孩子
Okay, Ruth, we're gonna do the colors one more time, and then,
露丝 我们再认一次颜色 然后
we're gonna move on to a section that I like to call
我们就进入下一个环节 我称之为
"Get the numbers right, and Daddy will give you a stuffed animal."
"认对数字 爸爸就会给你一只玩偶"
Here we go.
开始吧
Red, yellow, orange, denise.
红 黄 橙 丹尼斯
Yes. I'm sorry. Uh...
漂亮 不好意思
Did you just call green "Denise"?
你刚刚是管绿色叫"丹尼斯"吗
Yes. The color's name is Denise.
是的 那个颜色叫丹尼斯
Well, I hope you're happy. The interview is in an hour,
希望你能满意 一小时后就要面试了
and now green is Denise.
现在绿色还叫丹尼斯
Green is whatever she wants it to be.
她想管绿色叫什么都行
Green is whatever I want it to be.
我想管绿色叫什么都行
Green could be Denise or Juanita or Jerry.
绿色可以叫丹尼斯或者胡安妮塔或者杰瑞
I just realized...
我才意识到
...green is Jerry, for me. Green is not Jerry for me.
在我看来绿色应该叫杰瑞 在我看来可不是
Are you and Aunt Jess in a fight?
你跟杰茜阿姨是在吵架吗
Oh, no, no, no. Uh, we're just telling stories.
不不不 我们只是在讲故事
Uh, once upon a time, there was a fuzzy bunny who decided
从前有一只小兔纸决定
that colors didn't need names,
颜色不需要名字
and anything could be called anything,
想怎么叫都行
and the world descended into chaos.
然后世界堕入了混乱之中
But the bunny was happy, because the bunny wasn't forced
但小兔纸很开心 因为它不用
into somebody else's definition of color.
被迫使用别人对颜色的定义
Well, the fuzzy bunny wasn't really an authority, now, was she?
小兔纸并不是权威 对吗
Because she used to work at a school where instead of grades,
因为她曾经在学校工作 那里从不打分
they gave out rainbows.
只打彩虹
Bringing up the bunny's past is uncalled for
提起小兔纸的过去不合适了
in this cabbage patch. But the point is:
在现在这种情况下 但重点在于
I know about private schools, and the whole system is corrupt.
我了解私立学校 整个系统都腐♥败♥透了
Said the very fuzzy bunny.
毛茸茸的小兔纸如是说
Until the Jewish carrot farmer brought down his mighty shovel.
直到犹太胡萝卜农夫干掉了他的无敌铲车
The whole system is corrupt.
整个系统都腐♥败♥透了
What's going on? Your friend is costing us Washington.
怎么了 你的朋友正在破碎我们的总统梦
Why didn't you marry Shivrang?
你为什么当初没嫁给施琅
Ruth, is that coffee?
露丝 那是咖啡吗
Yep. Okay, there is a child here.
是的 好吧 这儿还有个孩子
I'm gonna take her to the bedroom right now
我现在带她去卧室
so she can watch local news bloopers.
好让她看看地方新闻杂谈
I don't know why she likes them so much.
我也不知道她为什么那么喜欢
They're blowing their big shot.
他们的大空头都爆仓了
Okay. All right honey, let's go.
好吧 亲爱的 我们走
Bye, honey.
拜 亲爱的
剧集 | 杰茜驾到(2011) | 导航列表