剧集 | 小杜丽 | 导航列表
小杜丽
第十四集
前情提要
莫多尔新银行吸引到破纪录的存款
莫多尔银行
莫多尔银行
杜丽小姐
布鲁克斯酒店
有一个木盒子
There's a wooden box
装着法律文件和其他文件
containing legal documents and other papers.
我要亲眼看着它们销毁 不是藏起来
I want to see them destroyed, not hidden.
拼了命也要保管好
Guard it with your life.
这家里有什么秘密
There is some secret in this house,
这跟我父亲临终的遗言有关
And it has to do with my father's dying words.
我是来请求你帮忙的 韦德小姐
I'm here to ask for your help, Miss Wade.
找到里高
In finding the man Rigaud.
我见过你们在一起
I have seen you with him.
天啊 母亲 你为什么不让我帮您
For God's sake, Mother, why won't you let me help you?
我很渴望在你这样
I long to be at work in some
真正有价值的企业里工作
really worthwhile enterprise such as yours.
那我们就是多伊斯和克莱南公♥司♥了
Doyce and Clennam it is!
我想兜售的...是我的沉默
what I have to sell... is my silence,
你认识布兰德瓦
You know this man Blandois?
不不不不 他叫里高
No, no, no, no. He is called Rigaud
是个杀手
and he is a killer!
我一心喜欢她 爸
I've set my heart on her, Pa.
那您觉得我有机会吗
Do you think I've got a chance?
为什么没有呢
Why not?
你在生我的气吗 小杜丽
Are you... Are you angry with me, Little Dorrit?
别那么喊我 我不是个孩子
Don't call me that. I am not a child!
你以前很喜欢别人那么喊你的
You used to love to be called by that name.
现在不了 不喜欢你叫
Not any more. Not by you.
我觉得我们该利用我们的资本 丹
I think we ought to be making our capital work for us, Dan,
我想把钱投入莫多尔基金
and I want to put it into Merdle's funds.
这是千载难逢的机会
This is the chance of a lifetime.
你去俄♥国♥ 让我为你做笔好投资
You go to Russia and let me do this for you.
你不会后悔的
You won't regret it.
不知你能不能借我一把小刀
I wonder if you could lend me a penknife.
-小刀 -是的 我的好像丢了
- A penknife? - Yes. I seem to have mislaid mine.
你不会有刀柄更暗一点的吧
You haven't got one with a darker handle, by any chance?
颈静脉被割开
Separation of the jugular vein.
无疑是用这把小刀
With this penknife, no doubt.
用鸦♥片♥酊止痛
Laudanum to dull the pain.
这种事你们不是头一回见了吧
Dare say you've seen this sort of thing before.
-是的 先生 -你知道该怎么办
- I have, sir. - You know what to do.
是的 先生
I do, sir.
他们叫我直接赶过来
I was told to come straight away.
老天爷
Good God!
看来他一直在拆东墙补西墙
Seems he was stealing from one fund to pay another,
没有担♥保♥就发行股份
issuing shares without collateral,
现在都不可挽回了
and now it's all blown up and burst.
什么都不剩了
There's nothing left.
所以他自杀了 而不愿面对后果
So he took his own life rather than face the consequences.
莫多尔 当代传奇啊
Merdle, the man of the age.
二位要见谁
Whom do you wish to see, gentlemen?
我家主人不在家
My master is not at home.
叫醒莫多尔太太的女仆
Mrs Merdle's maid must be called
让她叫莫多尔太太起床
and told to get Mrs Merdle up
并温柔地为她做好准备 然后来见我
and prepare her, as gently as she can, to see me.
我有可怕的消息要告诉她
I have dreadful news to break to her.
我遗憾地告诉您 先生
I regret to inform you, sir,
莫多尔太太还没从意大利回来
Mrs Merdle has not yet returned from Italy.
她应该明天下午到
We expect her tomorrow afternoon.
如果您允许 我可以等她回来时代为转达
I can, if you wish, convey your news to her when she arrives.
-莫多尔先生死了 -这样啊
- Mr Merdle is dead. - I see.
那样的话 我就递交辞呈 次月离开了
In that case, I should wish to give one month's notice.
莫多尔先生已自毁前途
Mr Merdle has destroyed himself.
这让我这种地位的人很不愉快 先生
It's very unpleasant, sir, to the feelings of one in my position.
我还是立刻离开吧
I think I should leave immediately.
老天爷啊
Good God, man!
如果你不感到震惊 甚至都不意外吗
If you are not shocked, are you not at least surprised?
你的主子自杀了
Your master is dead and by his own hand.
先生 莫多尔先生从来都不是个绅士
Sir, Mr Merdle never was quite the gentleman,
他做出什么不绅士的事 我都不会意外
and no ungentlemanly act on his part could surprise me.
还要我叫谁来吗 先生
Is there anybody else I can send to you, sir, or
我走前还需要我说明什么吗
any directions I can give before I leave?
就要破晓了
Nearly dawn.
成百上千的男人女人还幸福地安睡着
And hundreds of thousands of men and women still happily asleep
浑然不知他们醒来时 已家财尽失
with no idea that they will wake to their own ruin.
如果他们知道我们此刻知道的
If only they knew what we know now,
那对一个可悲灵魂的咒骂声
what a fearful cry against one miserable soul
会传入云霄的
would go up to heaven.
莫多尔死了
Merdle's dead!
-莫多尔死了 -自杀
- Merdle's dead! - Suicide!
-割了喉 -到处是血
- Cut his own throat! - Blood everywhere!
-是为了女人 -是为了钱
- Was it a woman? - My! It was money!
毁了 毁了
Ruined, ruined.
-他的银行就是... -骗子
- His bank is a... - Fraud.
骗子
Charlatan.
-当代传奇 -当代传奇
- Man of the age - Man of the age!
骗子
Fraud!
太可怕了 斯巴克勒
What a dreadful thing, Sparkler.
可怕 可怕
Horrid. Horrid!
还是用我们的珍珠母小刀
And with our mother-of-pearl penknife, too.
是啊 亲爱的
I know, my love.
令人震惊
Shocking!
要是我知道他是想拿去做什么
If I'd known what he wanted it for,
我可能就不借给他了
I might not have lent it to him.
而现在刀一定是在验尸官那里了
And now the coroner's got it I suppose
天知道我什么时候能拿回来
and heaven knows when I shall get it back.
是啊 亲爱的
I know, dear heart.
这太
It's very...
恼人了
vexing.
你很难过吗 斯巴克勒
Are you fearfully cut up about it, Sparkler?
你们很亲密吗
Was you very close to him?
我还是有点难过的 芬妮
Well, I am a bit cut up about it, Fanny.
当然了 他又不是我亲爹
Of course, it's not as if he was my real pa, but,
但他这人不坏
you know, he wasn't a bad stick.
母亲觉得他很烦人
The mater found him fearfully annoying, but...
但我不觉得
I didn't.
我觉得这鸟很喜欢他
I think the bird was rather fond of him.
-我知道他喜欢它 -斯巴克勒
- I know he was fond of it. - Sparkler?
是 我最亲爱的
Yes, my dearest love.
我们现在会怎么样啊
What is to become of us now?
我们是有钱还是没有钱
Are we rich or are we poor?
我们可能得扎紧腰带了
We, um, may have to tighten our belts a little,
或许 找个小点的住处
perhaps find a smaller place in, um,
去不那么贵的地方住
a less expensive part of town.
比如呢
Such as where?
富勒姆
Fulham?
富勒姆
Fulham?!
我们毁了
We're ruined.
是我劝的您 克莱南先生
I persuaded you to it, Mr Clennam.
您想说什么就说吧
You say what you will.
您不会比我更怪我自己了
You can't say more to me than I say to myself.
我毁了我的合伙人 潘克斯
I've ruined my partner, Pancks.
我毁了多伊斯
I've ruined Doyce.
他信任了我 他以为我有生意头脑
He trusted me. He thought I had a head for business.
别自责 先生
Don't reproach yourself, sir.
责备我吧 否则我要自残
You reproach me or I'll do myself an injury.
他忍♥受了那么多失望
After all his disappointments he's endured,
如今又被自己的合伙人 朋友给毁了
now he's ruined by his own partner, his own friend.
说"你个白♥痴♥ 你个坏蛋"
Say, "You fool, you villain!"
说"混♥蛋♥ 你怎么想的"
Say, "Ass, what were you thinking?!"
剧集 | 小杜丽 | 导航列表