剧集 | 小杜丽 | 导航列表
NOT with common men.
我们来交谈两句吧
Shall we try a little conversation?
告诉我 杜丽小姐 你对威尼斯满意吗
Tell me, Miss Dorrit, are you pleased with Venice?
这里很美
It's very beautiful...
也很奇怪 处处是河道而不是街道
and strange, with canals instead of streets.
让我觉得好陌生 像在做梦一般
It makes me feel strange, as if I were dreaming.
这种感觉不成体统 亲爱的
That is not an appropriate feeling, my dear.
尤斯特斯先生在他的书中
Mr Eustace, in his little book,
认为威尼斯远不如伦敦
compares Venice very unfavourably with London.
他说 "里亚尔托桥虽美
He says, "The Rialto is all very fine,
但与黑修士桥是完全不能比的"
but nothing compared with Blackfriars Bridge."
你最好记住这个
Now you would do well to commit that to memory,
这样如果有人问起你对威尼斯的看法
so that if someone should ask you what you think of Venice,
你也能说出个门道来
you will have something worth saying.
是 杰纳罗太太
Yes, Mrs General.
但如果有人问我我的看法
But if someone asks me what I think,
难道我不该说实话吗 如果不会冒犯谁的话
should I not tell them the truth, if it offends no-one?
上流社会的交谈并不是为了交心
Conversation in society is not about unburdening the soul.
而是要礼貌地交流正确的看法和情绪
It is about the polite exchange of correct opinions and sentiments.
但我怎么能知道什么是正确的
But how am I to know what is correct?
这就是我一直在努力灌输给你的
That is what I have been endeavouring to instil in you!
很抱歉 杰纳罗太太 我会努力长进的
I am sorry, Mrs General. I will try to do better.
这里是东门
Ah, now we have arrived at the eastern portals...
工作都顺利吗 多伊斯先生
All well with the works, Mr Doyce?
还算顺利
Well as can be.
我决心
I've made up my mind
再次向拖拖拉拉部发起攻击
to mount another assault on the Circumlocution Office.
你的发明应该开始大规模生产
Your invention should be put into production on a great scale.
应该获得专利 向公众宣传
It needs to be patented and it needs to be publicised,
而这世上只要还有巴纳克尔之流
and it can't be while the Barnacles of this world
把它埋在文书之下就做不到这点
are burying it under their heaps of paper.
他们得决定好该怎么办
They need to make up their minds what to do with it.
否则 我们就拿去别处做了
Or...or know that we'll take it elsewhere.
你别指望会得到他们的回应了
You'll never get an answer out of them.
最好还是放手吧
It's far better to put it by.
让我试试
Let me see what I can do,
如果我没有好消息
and unless I have some success to report,
就再不会跟你提起了 好吗
you'll never hear about it again. Agreed?
好
Agreed.
不过你会后悔的
You'll regret it, mind.
一流的 表现完美 毫无差错
First class, beautiful action, can't be faulted.
那马简直了不起 一点毛病没有
Magnificent horse, nothing wrong with him.
但是...他把钱递了过去 那人说
But... So he hands over his money and the chap says,
"这马有个毛病 他会孵蛋"
"Just one thing about this horse. He sits on eggs."
他想 这倒也没什么
Well, he thought, that won't bother him much...
老天爷
Oh, Lord...
听我说 这不会又是威廉·杜丽的事吧
Look here, this isn't about William Dorrit again, is it?
不 是...
No, it's about...
等等的 拜托了
Just wait a while, if you would...
看不到我现在有事吗
Can't you see I'm engaged at the moment?
他回去找那个卖♥♥他马的人 对他说
So he goes back to the fellow that sold him the horse and says,
"这怎么回事" "忘了说了
"What's all this?" "Ah, forgot to mention,
这马还坐鱼"
that horse sits on fish as well."
我的天
Well, bless my soul!
巴纳克尔先生
Mr Barnacle?
现在有时间了吗
If you are at leisure now?
我告诉你吧 先生 没什么时间
Precious little leisure here, sir, I assure you.
我们非常忙 什么事
We are extremely busy here. Now, what was it?
你这里应该有一款发明的专利申请文书
I believe you have the particulars for an invention filed here,
丹尼尔·多伊斯先生提交的
by Mr Daniel Doyce.
打住吧 走错部门了
Stop you there. Wrong department.
我去给他些表格
I should give him some forms.
给你
Here you are.
你去填好吧
You can fill these in.
没用的
Won't do any good, mind.
小杜丽 我会填他们的表
'So, Little Dorrit, I will fill in their forms,
我会完全照他们说的做
'I will do exactly as they ask of me
我一定要逼他们给个答复
'and I will force an answer from them either way.
至于其他 这里一切都好
'As for the rest, all goes pretty well here.
生意兴隆
'The business thrives,
小卡瓦莱托总能逗伤心园的孩子们笑
little Cavalletto keeps all the children amused in Bleeding Heart Yard.
普罗尼希夫妇的新店红红火火
'The Plornishes thrive in their new shop
潘克斯继续收他的租 玛吉要我代好
'and Pancks gets his rents, Maggy sends her love,
大家都让我代为转达最诚挚的祝福
'and everybody sends their very best wishes to you,
当然 也包括来自你忠诚的朋友
'including, of course, your steadfast friend,
亚瑟·克莱南的祝福
'Arthur Clennam.'
比起尤斯特斯先生的书 你更喜欢那封信
You enjoyed that letter more than Mr Eustace's little book,
是吧 艾米
I think, Amy?
克莱南先生寄来的吗
From Mr Clennam?
是的
Yes.
别告诉爸爸
Don't tell Papa.
别让芬妮听见您吹奏
And don't let Fanny hear you playing,
否则她又要拿走您的黑管了
or she'll take your clarinet away again.
天呐 我们真是给他们丢脸 是吧
Oh dear, oh dear, we do let 'em down, don't we?
带我们去哪都不好 是吧 艾米
They can't take us anywhere, can they, Amy!
艾米
Ah, Amy.
杰纳罗太太...
Mrs General and...
那是什么
What is that?
是您的一件衣服 父亲 我替您补好了
It's one of your shirts, Father. I mended it for you.
我要说多少次啊 艾米
How many times must I tell you, Amy?
你现在是位淑女了
You're a lady, now.
缝补衬衫不是你该干的
It is not for you to mend shirts.
杰纳罗太太和我一直在谈你的事
Now Mrs General and I have been in conversation about you,
我们都认为你在这儿过得很不自在
and we agree that you scarcely feel at home here.
这是为什么
How is this?
我就是需要点时间 父亲
I think I need a little time, Father.
应该叫"爸爸" "父亲"太粗俗了
"Papa" is a preferable form of address. Father is rather vulgar.
再说 "爸爸"说起来唇形很好看
Besides, the word "Papa" gives a pretty form to the lips.
"爸爸" "土豆" "禽类"
"Papa", "Potatoes", "Poultry",
"梅子" "棱镜"
"Prunes" and "Prism"
都是唇形很好的词汇
are all very good words for the lips...
尤其是"梅子"和"棱镜"
Especially "Prunes" and "Prism".
好孩子 要听杰纳罗太太的
Pray, my child, attend to the precepts of Mrs General.
我会尽力的 父...
I will try, Fa...
爸爸
Papa.
你让我失望 艾米 也让杰纳罗太太失望
You disappoint me, Amy. You disappoint Mrs General!
你让她吃力不讨好
You make her task a very thankless one.
我并不想让您失望的
I would never wish to disappoint you.
以前...
In the old days...
我们不提以前的事
We do not refer to the old days,
艾米 你的行为一定要
Amy, I demand that you conduct yourself in a manner
让我和杰纳罗太太满意
satisfactory to myself and Mrs General.
如果艾米·杜丽小姐愿意用心地
If Miss Amy Dorrit will direct her attention
在鄙人的协助下学会做表面功夫
to the formation of a surface, with my poor assistance,
那杜丽先生也就无需再焦虑了
Mr Dorrit will have no further cause for anxiety.
谢谢 杰纳罗太太
Thank you, Mrs General.
谢谢 杜丽先生
Thank you, Mr Dorrit.
艾米 你为什么老是伤害我
Amy, why do you habitually hurt me?
伤害您
Hurt you?
我绝不会伤害您的
I would never hurt you!
有个话题
There's a topic...
一个痛苦的话题
A painful topic.
您是指以前
You mean the old days.
我也尽力不提起那些
I...I try not to speak of them,
但马夏尔西狱 我们在那里的熟人
but the Marshalsea, and the people we knew there
那周遭的街道
and in the little streets round about,
就是我全部的人生
have been my whole life so far.
我知道您想要我以那些为耻 父亲
I know you want me to be ashamed of them, Father,
-但我做不到 -爸爸 叫我爸爸
- but I can't be. - Papa! Call me Papa!
如果你非要提 这些年来我也在那儿
I was there, since you must mention it, all those years.
是我让全家人在那儿有立身之地
剧集 | 小杜丽 | 导航列表